Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2343 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2014, 15:17 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 14:00:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 13:21:
Sucks about Drive Club, I was looking forward to it, but its not a big deal. Sony should have been more proactive in telling people what was going on instead offering only silence.

Yeah, I was rather disappointed in reviews. Was hoping it was going to be good.

Oh well. Ton of other shit out right now anyway.

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be a Driveclub II. I am waiting for a good racing game on the PS4. Maybe The Crew, but the way Ubi keeps delaying it? Probably not.

Oh well, like you said, plenty out now.
Still playing Destiny every couple of days. Mordor is sucking up time. Tried out Spelunky (Not my thing) and Dust (Meh). The Alien game looks really good, but not sure I want to dump $60 into it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Released
2. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Released Oct 7, 2014, 19:20 Agent.X7

Yeah, watched some videos on it today. Looks pretty interesting.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 14:29 Agent.X7

mag wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 14:26:
Still in love with my G700s, not sure how you cavemen put up with your wired mice!

+1 Love my G700s. (Although mine mostly stays plugged in because I always forget to charge it.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 03:51 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 21:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 20:22:
How did I know you were going to bang on about the R0? Now I know you are just parroting the media. The R0 of HIV is measured in YEARS. The R0 for ebola is WEEKS. Yeah, the media tends to not mention that.

Seriously?
Time is not a component of R0!

Do you understand what R0 is? It's how many people an infected person will pass the disease on to.
When the disease tends to kill within weeks, R0 is over the course of weeks. When a disease tends to kill in years, R0 is over the course of years.

But, ultimately, it is meaningless. It is simply a measure of how many people one infected person will infect. With HIV, they have years to do it. With ebola, they have days or weeks. But it's still a finite number.

I mean, given that ebola patients do not live for years while infectious, what does it matter? It isn't like the R0 will stretch on.

Seriously, you seem to not even understand what R0 is and why time is meaningless. If we extend the period we measure R0 for ebola to 40 years, it's still 2!, because the patient died 39.9 years ago!

I do understand R0. The media is going on about how other diseases are worse because their R0 is higher, blah blah blah. R0 is incapable of telling us that. At best it lets us know that the disease won't wipe itself out. It cannot be used to compare different diseases DUE TO THE DIFFERENCES IN TIME THAT THEY ARE COMMUNICABLE.

But do go on. It is amusing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 03:42 Agent.X7

Because as we all know bio-hazard suits look just like they do in the movies. And there cannot possibly be different levels of suits.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 20:22 Agent.X7

How did I know you were going to bang on about the R0? Now I know you are just parroting the media. The R0 of HIV is measured in YEARS. The R0 for ebola is WEEKS. Yeah, the media tends to not mention that.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 19:58 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 12:30:
How not to get ebola: don't roll around in the blood of someone bleeding from their eyes.

Seriously, ebola is less contagious than HIV and, while it transmits via bodily fluids like HIV, it only transmits when people are bleeding out their orifices. It's pretty easy to avoid in first world countries.

You really need to stop posting before you buy a clue. Seriously, ebola is WAY more contagious than HIV, and WAY easier to transmit. And you're contagious the moment you get a fever from it, which is WAY before you start bleeding, if in fact you even do start bleeding before you die.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 19:52 Agent.X7

I love the Ebola article. It was also highly unlikely that someone wearing full bio-hazard gear would get infected. But I mean, that's only happened a dozen or so times. CErtainly there could never be an outbreak in the US, because...'Murica?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2014, 23:33 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 20:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 16:03:
And, You Tube is broken for me. No videos will load. Fun.

I blame the SWJs.

Small Wars Journal? Were you trying to do Social Justice Warriors as an acronym? I'm confused either way.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steam Top 10
45. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 23:31 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 19:13:
Very underwhelmed with SoM. It's too easy, and you're doing the same shit the entire time. The game is as shallow as a puddle. There are a lot of weapon sidequest but they all end up with you either having to shoot uruks, stealth-kill uruks or kill uruks in open battle. Every uruk can identify a special uruk for you, though only worms and special uruks can reveal their weaknesses. The latter is useless, because you could basically kill 5 warchiefs in one battle with one hand while playing Plants vs Zombies with the other.

The entire game you're basically killing uruks or let them kill eachother, and collect shit. I'm surprised the game is being received so fucking well.

That's kind of the genre. AC doesn't have this amazing variety of things to do until you get to the latest ones with sailing. You're pretty much just killing guys in I, II, Brotherhood, and Liberty.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 16:16 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 15:24:
Fion wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:45:
I'm currently 17 hours in, I haven't gotten to the 2nd zone yet and I just as of yesterday killed the last warchief and I am about 1/2 way through the weapon side-quests.

You're way ahead of me, but do you know if you can return to the previous map, once you progress? I worry if I need to clear every single thing I can before moving on, if I can't return.

I've read on a couple of reviews that you can go back to finish things.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2014, 16:03 Agent.X7

And, You Tube is broken for me. No videos will load. Fun.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
80. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 2, 2014, 18:22 Agent.X7

I can't believe how much I've been enjoying this game. It's really good. I think I like it more than Destiny. Maybe because there's a story.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

64. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:39 Agent.X7

Just looked up some reviews. Yeah, I guess you swap maps partway through.

And no, it's not Serkis, my preeeeeeeeecious.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

62. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:07 Agent.X7

Played for about 7 or 8 hours. Having a lot of fun. Some random thoughts:

- The world seems REALLY small. Like, you can cross it in minutes small.

- Once you get some powers, captains under 10 seem to die pretty quickly.

- I've tried intentionally injuring a captain and letting him run off twice. The first guy got eaten by a Carabor halfway across the map. (It cut to his death while I was climbing something.) The second guy got jumped by another captain and also died. I gave up on doing it on purpose. I did have one guy who was missing an eye and had burn scars, but I accidentally killed him before I even knew he was around again.

- The giant not-troll things are awesome.

- I messed up a bow mission and it disappeared an never came back. Uh...?

- Jennifer Hale does an awesome Cate Blanchett voiceover that I almost thought was Cate Blanchett.

- The guy doing Gollum also did a great job. I had to look it up on IMDB just to see if it was really Andy Serkis or not.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2014, 04:13.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

57. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 22:51 Agent.X7

MacLeod wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 22:43:
I don't know if I'm just getting old or what... but while I like the game I feel like it's too much stuff just thrown at you immediately.

1) The tutorial literally was throwing up mechanic after mechanic with barely a lull between them to get the hang of it.

2) I feel like there are a whole mess of icons on my mini-map, but don't have any clue what any of them are.

3) I'm fighting near the starting area of the game, came across some orc slavers. Save some humans. More orcs show up, kill them. A named guy shows up. Trying to fight him, more orcs show up. Still fighting... another named orc shows up. It just feels a bit much for the beginning of the game.

Agreed on all points. It gets easier to understand, but they seriously overwhelm you in the beginning.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
4. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Sep 30, 2014, 21:13 Agent.X7

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 18:30:
1. This is the wrong video
2. I've been coming here for ..jesus, 2 decades? I have no idea how to reach Blue.
3. Is Rift still doing well? I thought that since the MMOs that came after didn't really do that well, maybe Rift would've folded by now? Good for them if they are still doing well.

Still play now and then. I bought the first expansion and STILL have not gotten past the original content. It's kind of grindy for me. Graphics still holding up, though.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

51. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 21:11 Agent.X7

Had a shit day mostly, but this game is fun as hell. I've only done two story missions, but I've wandered a bit messing with the orcs. Whoever said it was easy though, whew. I have been killed a bunch and gotten a bunch of nobody orc fodder guys promoted to captains. Not to mention the actual captains that keep hunting me down.

I love that they kept the tone of the Peter Jackson movies, and the music and acting fits right in that line as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 13:30 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 13:29:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:43:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:28:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 09:45:
A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Motherfucker!

Did you order it on PC or PS4? I want to know your impressions of it regardless, I was just curious. I have been leaning towards PS4 (not buying it for a couple of months) just because it seems to be a game built around playing on a controller and also because I don't think there will be much of a modding scene for it.

I grabbed it on ps4, as that seemed to be what all the streams were, as well as the reviews.

If you get around to it..shoot me a pm on PSN letting me know what you think after playing it for a bit. The reviews that are out today are pretty damn positive. I may have to rethink my initial plan to wait on this one. TB gave it the old "I can dig it"...and his reviews tend to parallel my attitudes toward gaming.

Yeah, I was waiting for Nin's thoughts as well, but man...I want it. I need to go buy som e shoes for an interview, but I suspect Mordor may follow me home as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 13:22 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 13:14:
Darks wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 12:11:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:43:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:28:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 09:45:
A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Motherfucker!

Did you order it on PC or PS4? I want to know your impressions of it regardless, I was just curious. I have been leaning towards PS4 (not buying it for a couple of months) just because it seems to be a game built around playing on a controller and also because I don't think there will be much of a modding scene for it.

I grabbed it on ps4, as that seemed to be what all the streams were, as well as the reviews.

Surprised nin, I never pegged you for a console junkie. Why did you not get this for the pc when its going to be the better platform?

Honestly, I don't want to buy a new video card and a new power supply (and maybe more ram).

Since I got the ps4, my steam gaming has dropped dramatically...

That, and everything I saw running on the ps4 looked (graphically) awesome...

I play a lot of the new games on PS4 as well. My PC would handle them no problem, but I find I prefer sitting my ass on the couch now. Maybe it's because I am almost 40, but honestly I have been looking at a solution that lets me play my PC from the couch as well. (And not on the TV.) I just want to relax when playing games now. 18 years of hunching over a desk to enjoy my favorites is long enough.

VIVA LA COUCH POTATO!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2343 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo