Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2528 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 15:12 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 14:05:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 13:50:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:33:
i'm not even sure anyone cares about the Aliens franchise anymore... it's been so long.

And yet, there was a lot of excitement for Alien Isolation, and is for the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront, which is as old as the Alien franchise.

As far as Isolation, people like quality. No one's been screaming for another AvP movie.

I can't wait. Hasn't been a good Alien movie since Cameron's take. Prometheus was OK, but it felt about as related as the corny AvP movies. Why can Dark Horse come up with great plots for Aliens and Predator, but Hollywood gives us shit? (Well, Predators was great. Much better than Predator 2, actually.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person
12. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Cameras to Include First-Person Feb 26, 2015, 14:58 Agent.X7

Good, now maybe I can complete jumping puzzles on my main, who is a Charr. Before I had to switch to a human alt just to be able to see what the hell I was doing, since cameras for Norn and Charr are so messed up.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 26, 2015, 14:55 Agent.X7

I bet it's an Android console for TV that streams PC games. Sort of a competitor to Razer's Forge TV. Which would be great, since I never want to buy anything from Razer again, but have been wanting to play some of my PC games on the TV. My laptop should be able to do this, but the HDMI out port is all wonky and loses connection randomly, not to mention it sucks power like a cyborg killing machine.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2015, 15:38 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 11:19:
That power rangers short is awesome. I've never watched a second of power rangers but it wasn't that hard to pick up what was going on.

I watched about 5 minutes when I was younger but gave up because it was so, so stupid. This short was awesome, though.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2015, 15:08 Agent.X7

And the PS4 article was worthless. Blue's headline said everything that was in the article.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2015, 17:13 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 09:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 23:46:
Adria Richards, however, is what we normal, not-so-PC-it's-freaky people call a "bitch." She has a history of doing bitchy things to people. She wasn't afraid, she was totally looking to start something over nothing, just like she has done in the past. She a professional at taking offense to anything and everything she can find, and she finally had to lie in the bed she made. Boo. Hoo.

Wow, how did you guys not get the B and B twins in here yet?

Beamer and Beremot?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2015, 23:46 Agent.X7

Flatline wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:28:
Julio wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 17:26:
I enjoyed what happened to Adria Richards. Clearly got what she deserved, learned nothing from her experience and probably will go the Patreon/Kickstarter route next.

Feel sorry for the guy who made a joke at the next table though. Clearly the victim of someone who has serious issues.

I won't go so far as to enjoy what happened to her. She didn't learn anything and came away more bitter and really more paranoid. She didn't deserve the level of vitriol that was aimed at her and I think 2 years of being unemployed or whatever it was according to the article is paying for all your sins and then some. I agree that we all lose in that scenario.

But in reading the comments in the article I linked to, there are people who argued, very passionately, that defusing the situation with a "dude not cool" and receiving an apology is "submissive" and "sexist". So resolving things in a non-confrontational manner is not a valid option for some people.

It's a totally valid option, they are just shitty people who choose to not use it.

Or, they could totally not be such delicate little things and not choose to take offense.

Adria Richards, however, is what we normal, not-so-PC-it's-freaky people call a "bitch." She has a history of doing bitchy things to people. She wasn't afraid, she was totally looking to start something over nothing, just like she has done in the past. She a professional at taking offense to anything and everything she can find, and she finally had to lie in the bed she made. Boo. Hoo.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2015, 00:00.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

34. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 16:05 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 09:15:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 04:38:
beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 15:06:
Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 13:57:
And AS will obviously have to win something won't it? In spite of it being the worst kind of propaganda even liberal Hollywood still has to kowtow the MIIC. Can't be seen questioning that sort thing or yoi'll be branded as an enemy of 'Murica!

Or ... maybe "liberal" Hollywood isn't quite as liberal on some things as you seem to think it is? Particularly American "exceptionalism" and the American military?

Haven't seen AS but I'm curious to see how his death is covered. I thought Kyle's murder at a gun range was a bizarre example of poetic justice. The snake eating its own tail. Live by the sword ... die by the sword.

Yeah, helping out fellow vets who have PTSD and winding up getting killed by one. Such justice. Fuck his wife and kid too, right? There aren't words to describe the kind of person I think you are.

Don't feed than, man!

Sorry, won't happen again. He's safely on the ignore list with the other trolls. (Even Cutter isn't there, so you know I'm pretty tolerant usually.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 04:38 Agent.X7

beremot wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 15:06:
Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 13:57:
And AS will obviously have to win something won't it? In spite of it being the worst kind of propaganda even liberal Hollywood still has to kowtow the MIIC. Can't be seen questioning that sort thing or yoi'll be branded as an enemy of 'Murica!

Or ... maybe "liberal" Hollywood isn't quite as liberal on some things as you seem to think it is? Particularly American "exceptionalism" and the American military?

Haven't seen AS but I'm curious to see how his death is covered. I thought Kyle's murder at a gun range was a bizarre example of poetic justice. The snake eating its own tail. Live by the sword ... die by the sword.

Yeah, helping out fellow vets who have PTSD and winding up getting killed by one. Such justice. Fuck his wife and kid too, right? There aren't words to describe the kind of person I think you are.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 04:33 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 02:31:
harlock wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 21:20:
anybody watching that show Black Sails?

wow man,.. wow

Ive seen the first season, loved it. Instense shit. Definitely planning on picking up the entire second season once its released.

Ditto. For those who don't know, it's basically a prequel to Treasure Island, featuring real pirates from history as well. It's fucking awesome. One of my favorite things on TV now. (Or, well, Amazon/Bluray)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

41. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2015, 04:24 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:59:
Yeah I really enjoyed the creepy, oppressive atmosphere that both seemed to ooze. Ben Affleck was terribly miscast but the rest of it was pretty decent I thought. I also enjoyed Event Horizon but most people seem to hate it

I love that movie!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Stress Test
10. Re: Dirty Bomb Stress Test Feb 21, 2015, 04:22 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 01:14:
Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 22:38:
Fuck these clowns after Brink. They deserve it dirty alright, a dirty Sanchez.

Yeah, played Brink for their free weekend a couple years back. Quit after about 30m. Very frustrating. Agent X7 played it so we wouldn't have to. Thanks X7.

Take one of the free online CS clones and make it more accurate to pray and spray than to aim. Add in some ass graphics, take away support for anything over 1080p, and shake. Dirty Bomb.

I had hopes for this, but Splash Damage should just give it up.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Dirty Bomb Stress Test Feb 21, 2015, 00:36 Agent.X7

Annnnnd, it's pretty bad. Back to BF4.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards
13. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 22:39 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 18:51:
Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:20:
So, when we see someone riding this thing in game we can all go, hey look at hay loser who paid over 300 day for a Tiger mount.

Nobody knew the game would go F2P.

I wouldn't say that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Dirty Bomb Stress Test Feb 20, 2015, 22:34 Agent.X7

Got an invite this morning, installing it now. Loved Brink, but they failed to ever put anything out for it or fix some issues.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

35. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 16:17 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 09:23:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 01:13:
Hang on there, because Joss Whedon got a writing credit for Alien: Ressurection, but they blew his script to shit when the flimed it. Sort of like the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer script. What the writer writes and what makes it on screen are almost always two very different things. Whedon's script for Alien was actually pretty damn good. What ended up on screen was shit, and Whedon has been quoted as saying that.

Just like Fincher's version of Alien 3 wasn't nearly as bad as the version released theatrically (both versions are available on disc).

edit: Although it still committed the unforgivable sin of killing Hicks and Newt, and eventually Ripley.

Originally Ripley was supposed to die because Weaver wanted out of the series. Then she read the script and wanted back in.

BLomkamp is supposed to fix that, though. I've not liked an Alien movie since Cameron was at the helm. Ressurection could have been good, but some of the scenes and that ending, ugh.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 16:11 Agent.X7

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 01:27:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 01:21:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 00:20:
Dude, did you read your comment? Two words are off? Or is that another language mixed in with your English?

Are the kids saying hay now instead of the? And day instead of dollars?

If are find it unpossible to type, for are you GRAMMAR NAZI!

LoL, you should have corrected me for using too many question marks.

Yes, but make laugh at OP was.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Loyalty Rewards Feb 20, 2015, 01:21 Agent.X7

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 00:20:
Dude, did you read your comment? Two words are off? Or is that another language mixed in with your English?

Are the kids saying hay now instead of the? And day instead of dollars?

If are find it unpossible to type, for are you GRAMMAR NAZI!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

31. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 01:13 Agent.X7

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 15:13:
I liked Prometheus, but it wasn't an Aliens movie and the franchise has been lying in the gutter for a few decades now.

Blomkamp actually gives this a shot at being good - he's not a hired gun, he actually likes violence (unlike Fincher), and he'll put the script together himself. Don't get too excited though guys. You know who wrote Alien Resurrection? None other than the savior of Marvel himself, Joss Whedon.

Hang on there, because Joss Whedon got a writing credit for Alien: Ressurection, but they blew his script to shit when the flimed it. Sort of like the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer script. What the writer writes and what makes it on screen are almost always two very different things. Whedon's script for Alien was actually pretty damn good. What ended up on screen was shit, and Whedon has been quoted as saying that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who think he can do no wrong. Season two of Angel had the worst back-half I can remember, and it went on to infect part of season 3. Also, I could give a shit about the Avengers. I found the first Spider-man to be 100x better, and Guardians of the Galaxy was much better, in my opinion. I didn't think the Avengers was all that special.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 01:03 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:20:
Deadpool Just Cast Firefly's Morena Baccarin, Get The Details.

Domino!

And holy shit on that Alien news...made my week!

Ditto. Blomkamp's ideas for Alien rock.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2528 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo