Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2598 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 12:47 Agent.X7

I try to play at least a couple games of Heroes of the Storm a day. It's really fun. I spent $10 the first week to get the basic pack ($5) with James Raynor, Muradin, and Malfurion, and then Azmodan ($5) I spent the gold I earned doing daily quests to get the fairy dragon which makes me laugh my ass off when I play. High pitched, goofy voice with hysterical lines. So far most of the heroes I have tried are fun to play. Tyrial and Diablo are a blast, Azmodan is fun to wreck forts with, Raynor is unstoppable once you level him; I've won about 6 maps for my team by using the level 2 Call Hyperion ability on the core. Malfurion and Brightwing are fun to heal with. Not too sure about Queen of Blades. I got slaughtered playing her.

A lot of fun to be had for nothing. Can't beat it. Like I said before, I've always hated MOBA games, but this one is actually enjoyable for me. Maybe it's just the characters, but I think the gameplay is more fun. I liked the concept of Smite, but it just wasn't fun for me, and DOTA2 is like asking to be flamed and shamed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Now playing: *Deep Breath* AC IV & V, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, The Witcher (All of them), Fable Anniversary, ESO, Thief, Sunset Overdrive, and Rocksmi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 10:53 Agent.X7

I don't know, but video killed the radio star.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Now playing: *Deep Breath* AC IV & V, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, The Witcher (All of them), Fable Anniversary, ESO, Thief, Sunset Overdrive, and Rocksmi

News Comments > Amazon Crytek Deal?
16. Re: Amazon Crytek Deal? Apr 7, 2015, 03:01 Agent.X7

Illumin wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 02:49:
Amazon has some deep pockets and being well known it would be easy for them to distribute. http://games.amazon.com/ (Amazon game studio).

Id rather see something like Amazon get into gaming than Daybreak Studios.

Ugh. ANd I was really looking forward to EQ Next too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 6, 2015, 23:45 Agent.X7

My Corgi used to biff like that one in the sand, only he did it in snow.

Run, run, run, run, plow face first into snow.

I used to love it when he would take a running start and jump off the deck and disappear into snow over his head. This cartoon snow burrow starts moving around the yard. I spit my coffee out one morning I laughed so hard.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Amazon Crytek Deal?
12. Re: Amazon Crytek Deal? Apr 6, 2015, 23:39 Agent.X7

killer_roach wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 23:15:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 21:35:
Weird...

My only guess is that Amazon wants it for a VR project in its skunkworks. Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Apple want to compete with each other in every facet of tech so when one jumps the rest follow. Drones? Sky WiFi? Car AI? Tablets? etc etc.

Amazon does own game development studios...

I know, right? Did anybody RTFA?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 17:03 Agent.X7

jimnms wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 16:38:
Does anyone know if you can file a complaint with the FTC (or FCC) if your ISP isn't delivering the speeds you're paying for? I pay for 20Mbit, but after around 5:30pm until after midnight it's so overloaded I'm lucky to get up to 2Mbit. I've complained to the ISP, but they insist nothing is wrong. They keep wanting to send a "technician" out every time I contact them, but one has already come out and found no problem. No shit you're not going to see the problem when you come out at 3pm when it's not overloaded.

That's the issue is the large window of time they have to schedule techs because they have too few techs and way WAY to many customers to service. I had an issue years ago with my internet cutting out completely after dark. Turns out it was a BNC barrel full of water. During the day, when 12 technicians examined my cables, it was liquid and passing along the connection. At night it froze and stopped being conductive enough to get a connection. The 13th technician was finally able to figure out the issue, but only because he was supposed to be by at 3PM and didn't make it until 8PM.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 6, 2015, 16:59 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 14:30:
Free to be shitty! Yay!

LOL. Ain't that the truth. Any freedom we have is constantly being assaulted by corporations and the government.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 15:18 Agent.X7

RaZ0r! wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:11:
Too bad it took them nine months of the first year to figure out it was a F2P game. I wonder how many more players they would have had it been F2P from launch?

Yup. Love this game, but stopped playing pretty quick due to the sub. They dropped the sub and I came back the day they did. I don't have time to play every day, sometimes - this week - I can't even play at all. Subs just make me feel like I am wasting money that way. Give me microtransactions and I'll probably spend more than the sub once in a while. I know I spent quite a bit on GW2 buying gems.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises
6. Re: Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Rises Apr 3, 2015, 15:35 Agent.X7

I never grind for rank, I play for fun. Apparently rank 18, which is the lowest I have ever gotten, is better than 50% of other players ever do. (Game gave me that message this month when I got my card back.)

BRM is fun, but I beat the first two bosses in 1/2 hour, and after one day it's all done and I'm waiting for next week for the next wing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Apr 2, 2015, 14:34 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 08:54:
The irony about the ending is that if you put it all down on paper it actually does work without any paradoxes, a remarkable accomplishment in a time "travel" story.

SPOILERS!

I have to disagree. If mankind was doomed as Earth became less able to support life, how did we get to a state where we could create wormholes and tesseracts in the future to save our past selves? Given the level of technology displayed in the movie, we would all have perished long before reaching another habitable world.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One
10. Re: Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One Apr 1, 2015, 13:33 Agent.X7

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 12:18:
Verno wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 09:58:
Haha yeah, the HL3 trailer takes the cake this year.
Yep that was priceless

And introducing: The Cockulus Rift! It comes with the game, and you will too!

Awesome.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2015, 21:24 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 20:43:
my wtf moment of the month (waited until the last day)

I am not sure how I feel about this, but I have an Amazon Echo in the middle of the house, so we haev music going almost all the time. My son was hanging out, so I said "Alexa, play children's music" and this came on.....

so.....as a father....not sure if this is good or not. I mean, the sound is actually pretty amazing, and I am very impressed with the quality...but the fact that my son would listen to NIN....as a lullaby.....I mean.....how f'd am I making him out of the gate....I mean.....shit....I just don't know what to think about this....you have to hear it - it is amazing, yet.....f-d up!

Haha, yeah, they have lullaby versions of EVERYTHING now. I found out when I was looking up Avenged Sevenfold's video game score on Amazon. A lullaby album of their tunes came up in search and I was like, what the ??

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Ok who did I piss off? Mar 31, 2015, 20:23 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 16:37:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 16:31:
/rant mode

Turned 40 today, and planned on celebrating with ordering GTA5, but first to get groceries. Hit a ATM (I seem to do better with cash then pulling out the card) get 40 bucks for groceries, do my shopping and go to check out and dropped the cash pulling out my phone to check for coupons (dear lord never thought I would use them), trace my steps back through the store, and see a women with her kid counting money in the isle I was last in. I ask if by chance she had seen me drop money in the isle and starts blowing up at me. Her kid starts screaming and crying, and I just walk away thinking 'welcome to middle age'.
Good news is I start a new job this week so no more donating plasma for money and living paycheck to paycheck.

If I ever meet this 'God' person, I want 2 things.
1)I want to see a government issued ID
2)I want a fucking refund.

Happy Birthday, brother. Better days are ahead. (I mean, I've heard. )

40 for me this year as well. But no panic attack the day of. Progress?

Yup, I'm in June. Damn, we're a bunch of old guys now.

I did get a belly laugh at work last week when a co-worker said at least I knew what was what because I am older and she can't wait to get older so she doesn't feel like she's making everything up as she goes along. Aw, sweetie, here's some sage advise: EVERYONE is making it up as they go. Some of us just hide it better.

What, you thought somebody handed you a set of instructions at a certain age?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2015, 14:39 Agent.X7

I posted up some keys for HotS on the STEAM activity feed a few days ago, not sure if anybody snagged any of them yet or not. And random people trying to friend me just to get a key, if you don't send me any sort of message and I don't recognize your user ID, well, you won't be getting anything. (One guy had a STEAM level of 0 with no games. WTF?)

I find the best option is to immediately block everyone on my team. That way I can play without 4 other people putting me down constantly. My favorite before I instituted this policy was one guy who was just putting every on our team down and he said to me. "Holy shit you suck, did you just start playing yesterday? Come the fuck on!" Why yes, I DID just start playing yesterday.

I generally hate mobas, but I found this fun enough to spend $10 on a basic character pack and Azmodan because he was on sale. On sale and AWESOME.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
13. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 30, 2015, 03:25 Agent.X7

Yup. Articles like that remind me why I hated my IT jobs so much I won't even work in that field anymore.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2015, 19:58 Agent.X7

Alien Isolation on sale for $12.49 this weekend on STEAM. You know, if you were like me and waiting for it to be super cheap.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 29, 2015, 02:53 Agent.X7

Don't have a 4K monitor, mine is 2560x1080, but watching the videos from You Tube or downloading they seem to play just fine. (Yes, I switched it to the 4K setting) Granted, my PC is pretty good, but it's not like, top of the line or anything. i7-4930k, 16GB RAM, Geforce 690 GTX. The only thing getting crushed is my 20m broadband.

Ugh, though, 60fps makes me queasy. (Not on the Star Citizen one, but the paintball one)

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2015, 03:08.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2015, 04:11 Agent.X7

Hey guys, anybody that is my friend on STEAM: Posted up 4 Heroes of the Storm beta keys on the activity feed. First come, first serve. Been playing a bit tonight. Actually quite fun. Never liked a single MOBA before this one.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 28, 2015, 00:40 Agent.X7

Crackle - 5 minutes of movie, 5 minutes of commercials. Tried watching this last night and gave up after 15 minutes. There's a reason I don;t watch cable TV, and commercials are it. Fuck you if you think I am going to pay you AND be subjected to advertising as well.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2015, 17:07 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 19:05:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 18:51:
They're so influential that I've actually only heard of a small handful of them, and I only know what a couple of them actually do. (Obama, Paltrow, JK Rowling, Sarkesian, etc.) I still don't know who the Kardashians are or why I should have to see them in my news feeds every day.

Also, Googlie fiber cannot come to Charlotte fast enough.

The Kardashians are famous for being famous.

Wrap your head around that one (may require the use of certain psychotropics).

AH, so they're like the Paris Hilton and, uh, Lionel Ritchie's daughter of this decade?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2598 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo