Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2568 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
77. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 19, 2015, 03:09 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 01:08:
PHJF wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 00:05:
Dude, games before dames.

Hmm, I dunno, dude. I saw pics of some dames once on the internet, and they looked pretty fun...

LOL

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
64. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 17:12 Agent.X7

I'd be willing to bet at this point what we are going to get is a Half-Life reboot at some point.

The flat structure they use is great for people who want to be creative and NEVER EVER ship a damn game, but it sucks for meeting any sort of goals or fan expectations. Look, I spent the last 4 years perfecting Freeman's goatee! It has several thousand hairs that all move realistically! It can't actually work in the game, but isn't it cool!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
56. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 01:26 Agent.X7

Yeah, hehe. Messing around all day with it on and off.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

52. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 20:21 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 19:12:
Thanks for the info on that inventory mod. I have the following mods installed via MINION.

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
LoreBooks (I read EVERYTHING)
Mundusmap
SkyShards
Slightly Improved Experience Bar
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

All found from that previous mod link, install Minion software and it will install them for you. Then you can check and uncheck the mods in the menu in the game before you load. If they are in RED on the menu in game, they are out of date and may not work.

OOh, harvest map, need to check that out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

48. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:19 Agent.X7

If anyone is interested in playing this:

I originally bought the game digitally so I could play the pre-release. Then I got the Collector's Edition physically.

I have an unused game code + Explorer's Pack code from my CE that have never been used. (The Imperial Edition code has been used by me.) I will go half-price, $30, for any Blueser that wants it. Shoot me an email - my user name @ gmail
I will type the codes and send you a pic of them if you buy them.

(I'd do a give away, but I am between jobs and broke. )

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

46. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 18:13 Agent.X7

Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 15:54:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 15:46:
It was free as of yesterday evening. I patched up last week in prep so I had only a small patch to DL.

Game is still one of the best looking MMOs out there right now. Forgot how awesome it looks. Also forgot how to play it, so I spent quite a bit of time figuring that out and re-assigning my skill points.

I like this model, personally. I play GW2, Rift, and now ESO whenever the mood hits me. I still play WoW once in a while, but resubbing every time makes me feel like i have to play it to get my money's worth. I own Tera as well, but I haven't tried that since it went FTP. Waiting for NCSoft to figure out what they should have known and make Wildstar FTP as well.

Agent.X7 go to this site for mods. especially this mod that changes your inventory to a box hex grid style. just awesome. plus there's a bunch of other mods I use like the mini map and Shards location mod.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info65-InventoryGridView.html

And yes, I agree this is still the best looking MMO out.

Oh, thank you! Damn, that inventory mod is AWESOME. The default one is so bad.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 15:46 Agent.X7

It was free as of yesterday evening. I patched up last week in prep so I had only a small patch to DL.

Game is still one of the best looking MMOs out there right now. Forgot how awesome it looks. Also forgot how to play it, so I spent quite a bit of time figuring that out and re-assigning my skill points.

I like this model, personally. I play GW2, Rift, and now ESO whenever the mood hits me. I still play WoW once in a while, but resubbing every time makes me feel like i have to play it to get my money's worth. I own Tera as well, but I haven't tried that since it went FTP. Waiting for NCSoft to figure out what they should have known and make Wildstar FTP as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2015, 00:41 Agent.X7

FYI - Elder Scrolls Online is now subscription free. If you bought the game, you can play without paying more money now.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 19:33 Agent.X7

descender wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 18:38:
Clean drinking water is going to cause more wars than Oil, and soon.

Collecting rainwater is and has been a major issue since way before corporations started selling it though. It's been illegal in most places for decades because it messes up the local natural aquifers. You can literally cause drought conditions in your area if too many people are doing it. The laws are actually becoming "less intrusive" than they were lately, but they are also being enforced more than they ever were too.

The better question to ask yourself is... why the fuck do so many people essentially live in a desert? Time to pack up and move to somewhere actually habitable or you will forever be fighting with resource problems.

LA is basically a small Mexican town that exploded when oil was discovered and then the film industry moved there because it was sunny all the time, which made it easier to plan. Unfortunately, it had a river basin capable of supporting maybe 250K people WHO WEREN'T WATERING THEIR FUCKING LAWNS IN A DESERT. But, people have been watering their lawns and fillings swimming pools and wasting water on a ridiculous level for over 100 years there, and now they can't figure out why there's no damn water anymore. Whoops.

Vegas is going to wind up in trouble someday as well.

Seriously, who the fuck thought a desert was the perfect place to build giant cities?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 15, 2015, 20:02 Agent.X7

Are you writing clickbait article titles? New research determines that you may, in fact, be an asshole.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 14, 2015, 00:48 Agent.X7

Heh, that's funny. I've watched a ton of their bass guitar reviews and now they're linked on Blues.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2015, 21:25 Agent.X7

raVen wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 19:46:
I still say pound: pound bang splat. (#!*)

Hehe, people always look at me funny when I say that. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, bang.

Bang?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2015, 21:25 Agent.X7

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 14:00:
I wonder if anyone actually got the jumping the shark reference. I must be showing my age...

Yes, but now younger people generally go with "Nuking the fridge."

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary
10. Re: Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary Mar 12, 2015, 00:52 Agent.X7

Titanfall DLC Goes Free to Celebrate Anniversary in a desperate attempt to get people to play the game again.

- Fixed that for you, Blue.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2015, 01:05 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 15:08:
Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 12:15:
Well who defines what arms are? A weapon is defined by its intent. If cop stops you - and this is another perfect example of why you never consent to anything where cops are involved - and asks why you're carrying a knife/fork/stick/etc. and you reply "self-defense" then you're going to get charged with carrying a concealed weapon. They never said guns, they said arms.

Best response, I'll give you all a little help:
"I have always carried it since I was a kid" - but make sure it isn't a 6 inch folding knife.

Common sense always prevails - but in the big scope of things, it should be rare that you are stopped and frisked by a cop. (for our group here) - I carry fixed blades as well as pocket knives.

Here in NC we can conceal a handgun, but a folding knife could be considered a "concealed weapon" depending on the officer and judge.
General consensus says as long as the clip is visible on the outside of your pocket it's not concealed.

Whatever. It's not like my Swiss army knife is what I'll be whipping out if some armed assailant attacks me. "Hold on, Mr. Badguy, I have to lock my cutting blade open!"

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 14:00 Agent.X7

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 13:31:
DNForever wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 13:15:
It's the most bothersome in March for sure... seems wrong to just skip an hour.
I'm fine with the skipping an hour, but trying to get the kids up for school today (as it is with every other "spring forward") was less than enjoyable. They'll get back on schedule in a few days, but it's crazy how the time change affects a child.

It affects everyone. I say pick a damn time and stick with it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 9, 2015, 13:55 Agent.X7

*facepalm*

Judge clearly lacks a basic vocabulary.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
39. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 7, 2015, 15:33 Agent.X7

Fion wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 15:14:
All this talk of cross platform. Does M$ not remember what happened last time they tried it? Utter failure because they had to gimp PC gamer's to an extreme level just to even the playing field in a game called Shadowrun (which seemed to have nothing to do with the Pen & Paper IP).

They didn't gimp PC players at all, which is why they never tried it again. PC players used to destroy console players to the point that if someone in the game found out you were playing on a PC everyone would rage quit. The only shooter I've ever played that I was in first place every single game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month
3. Re: Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month Mar 6, 2015, 22:39 Agent.X7

What the hell is with the Disney trailer for this expansion?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
30. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 20:29 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 16:46:
loomy wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:39:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:25:
The critical flaw with streaming is that there's lag. It makes inputs less responsive and means that you're too late to react to what's really happening in the game. Any game that requires actual player skill would suffer significantly. Also, to Stream really high quality graphics with no compression artifacts, you'd need an internet connection that I'm not sure exists or is affordable to us mortals.

really great creative writing but what does it have to do with this story
What are you talking about? His concerns are spot on. You are streaming your game over the internet. Your input travels over the internet to NVidia's servers, where they process it, render the images, and send them back. There will be lag, even if you're living next door to the servers. It may be acceptable for games like Civ, but good luck being competitive in ArmA or BF. As for compression, I get compression artifacts using Steam to stream from my game machine to my laptop over Gb Ethernet, 100s of times faster than most internet connections. So, yes, there will be artifacting.

Click his name and scroll through his recent posts. 100% troll.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2568 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo