Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2368 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 22, 2014, 22:13 Agent.X7

What. The. Fuck. That guy has an IQ equal to a toaster.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2014, 13:47 Agent.X7

Silent Bob wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 12:49:
I don't understand the basis for the lawsuit even when you don't consider the obvious parody defense. The actor doesn't own the rights to the Frankie Carbone character. The studio does.

There is no basis, but some lawyers will take any case since you have to pay them to file it anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 22, 2014, 13:44 Agent.X7

Does anybody else find it hysterical that Apple goes out of their way to finance a sapphire glass company so that it can use that instead of Gorilla Glass, and then winds up just going to Corning anyway?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 18:55 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 17:19:
Can we get a dislike button for our comments section?

I love how Facebook thinks "dislike" would be too negative. Do they ever read any of the comments people post? Hitting dislike and moving on would be kinder in most cases.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 15:08 Agent.X7

Yeah, I still buy 90% of my stuff online. Mostly impulse buys and groceries are physical retailers. (Although I do buy bulk dry goods online as well.)

Clothes? I mostly buy items that I already know how they fit. Replacing worn pants, socks, etc. Shoes I have to buy online because no damn retailer carries them. (I recently tried, thinking I live near a major city and surely SOMEONE must carry my size. Ehhhhn! Sorry, wrong answer.) Blurays are so much cheaper on Amazon than any store. Ditto graphic novels and books. I even order my car parts on Napa.com because the online price is cheaper than the store.

Just about the only thing I wish was cheaper but isn't are guns and ammo. Firearms are listed cheaper, but then you have to pay a fee at the local dealer where they ship it. Ammo has such a high hazmat shipping cost that it's almost always better to buy locally, unless you are ordering 1000+ rounds.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
19. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 14:55 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:56:
InBlack wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 13:43:
Hyatus wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 12:39:
Kill 'em All and be done with it.

I hear ya. Metallica turned to complete shit after they gave Jason 'the ultimatum'. Nothing against Trujilo, he is a great bass player and its not his fault but Metallica turned into crybaby pussies who have somehow managed to lose the muse so completely its fucking ridiculous. Last time I watched them they sucked donkey balls. I dont think they even practice anymore.

I'm going to go with the "they sucked when they lost Cliff" argument. Yeah, And Justice is a good album, if kind of Master Lite, but Cliff got just as much writing credit on that album as Jason did, and the bass is hardly noticeable on the album, anyway.

I wouldn't blame Jason for all the next albums sucking, it was success, and realizing they could be successful, that did it, but they definitely went from a metal band to a rock band on The Black Album and beyond.

I actually mostly agree with Beamer here. (The shock may kill me!) I do like the Black album, but yeah, they could only hold it together for one album after Cliff died. And they acted like children tuning out Newstead's parts on Justice.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
53. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 20:32 Agent.X7

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 19:50:
NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:17:
Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 15:38:
Glad to hear she's apparently leaving of her own volition and not because of gamergate or harassment.

Haha. Yeah it's strange how when you actually make games and do your job instead of trolling and belittling people on Twitter, you get harassed less.

Are you saying that Professional Victim *isn't* a solid career choice?

I don't know, a lot of them seem to be doing quite well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

47. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 19:28 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:51:
Julio wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 18:39:

Aren't there hundreds of people switching jobs all the time? Why is she special?

Well obviously he doesn't link to every low level designer or artist that leaves a team. But Jade Raymond has been in several key high positions (executive producer on several AAA games and Manager of her own studio). She is on the level with Ken Levine, and his comings and goings are always posted.

Uh, I respectfully disagree. What has she done on the games she produced? Whereas Ken Levine was pivotal in System Shock 2, Thief, and Bioshock/Infinite, providing the stories as well as creative direction. It's news when someone who actually contributes heavily to the design of great games moves one. Not so much when someone who makes vague contributions does the same.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 17:53 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 17:23:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:07:
Annnnnnnd who cares.

I definitely would put this in the 'who cares' category. Must not be much news today.

Not to belittle her or her...you know, I'm not sure what she does. Producer is such a generic title that tells you nothing. Hence, I don't care. It's not like when Amy Henning left Naughty Dog and you bite your nails because she was the force behind their stories and you worry they may fuck it up without her.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 16:07 Agent.X7

Annnnnnnd who cares.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Amazon... Oct 17, 2014, 22:51 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 19:03:
nin wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 18:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 18:15:
Hey Blue, I bought a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick from Amazon yesterday and would like to know if I did it properly to support the site. I have a few other purchases I need to make from Amazon as well and just want to make sure ya get the credit.

Thanks.

I bought $8 underwear the other day, Blue!

edit: Oh, and a card reader. And Snowpiercer, for next Tues.

RE: Snowpiercer. I thought the premise was ridiculous, but the movie totally worked for me. Unique and enjoyable.

Loved Snowpiercer. Made me want to get the comic.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 17, 2014, 22:43 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 20:28:
I'm kind of over Half-Life 3 now. If Valve ever decides to make it and it is awesome I'll most definitely buy it, but I just don't see it happening, at least not in the way we all want it to. Valve may farm it out or find a way to make it another F2P hat simulator.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on it. It's been so long now, I don't care anymore.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2014, 14:25 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 10:09:
I have a Fitbit somewhere in a closet that you're welcome to if you want it. I have no use for the thing anymore. They are kind of cool for awhile but you get bored of it eventually even with the badges and other silliness. My girlfriend bought it for me and I used it religiously for a year and then discovered it really made no difference to my cardio since its mostly hiking or climbing. The sleep analysis functionality in those things and phone apps really just use your movement in bed and its no substitute for an actual sleep study at a clinic so I wouldn't put any credence in it. Anyways send me a PM if interested, I can probably ship it to a PO box or whatever for $5, its pretty tiny. I don't have the original box anymore but I do have the USB charge thing and the belt clip.

You're probably just fine with a phone app for pedometer stuff though, it might not be as accurate but I'm sure its pretty close.

I had a Fitbit as well. IT didn't accurately count steps up like it was supposed to, and I lost it more than once as it popped off my clothes. I agree with Verno about the sleep thing; It sounds good, but it doesn't really work well.

I've been waiting for the Razer Nabu. I use my phone right now, but I leave it in the car sometimes or forget to put it in my pocket and never get an accurate reading.

Wanted to throw in that since I beat Shadow of Mordor I wanted to pick up another open world game to suck up my time. Went with Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition. I had tried the PS3 version last year, but honestly the barftastic PS3 graphics in that game turned me off. The PS4 version looks MUCH better, but unfortunately suffers from some weird freezing issues from time to time, and long load times occasionally. Other than that, the combat is quite similar to Batman/SoM, and I like the driving better than GTAV. (Blasphemy, I know.)

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 14:41.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2014, 02:58 Agent.X7

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 01:38:
Yeah, seems like a lot of stupid decisions being made all around. I'll admit I have zero faith in our government. Haven't had much faith in them for several decades. Yet, this last couple months has been nothing short of mind boggling. Not that it wasn't crazy before. It's like amateur hour almost everyday. From the guy walking into the White House through a door left unlocked to people on national TV outright saying Hillary Clinton will be our next president. Just insane.

Seriously, I'd really like to know just how these nurses (in Spain and now the US) were fully decked out, suited up, yet still managed to contract it? The odds of them all being grossly negligent in their jobs to the point of risking their lives and the lives of their loved ones is something I just can't imagine.

Crazier yet portions of the population within numerous African countries believe the US is at fault and trying to depopulate and take control of Africa for their resources. Mainly diamonds and oil.

What really floored me? The second nurse supposedly called the CDC advising them she was feeling ill and had a fever yet was about to get on a plane... they did not advised her it was not ok to do so? She was running a fever after treating Thomas Duncan, after another co-work has tested positive for ebola, she is supposedly being monitored yet not under quarantine, and she gets on a plane to go plan a wedding in another part of the country? WTF?

Is this some bad movie writing or some stupid book's plot full of holes?

Yup, weeks of: "Don't worry, it's SOO hard to get, and we know what we're doing" lead to - Oops, two nurses who knew what they were doing still managed to get it.

And all the Keep Calm shit from the government? Yeah, when they're spreading the keep calm BS on this thick, you know you really shouldn't be listening to them. But, again, freaking out like half the media want you to is also not the answer. (Although if I lived in Dallas I'd be taking an extended holiday about now...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
22. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 22:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 21:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 20:54:
Let me ask ya this...

Name one regular on this site that has ever gone shit craving mad over a game and pushed it like he did with Evil Within?
Creston and Ray have gotten close with X3, but never to that degree. And yeah he did talk briefly about other topics, but out of his 45 posts as a whole, doesn't something sorta stick out when you look at his Evil Within related posts to everything else he posted?

At least I'd like to see him post about how shit poor the game is

I seem to remember Tumbler going batshit years ago over Battlefield back in the day, but I'll admit I'm not wading through 300 pages of his comments to find the exact quote (something about lock and load, and he spammed it across multiple threads).

edit: And you KNOW how much I scream about GTA.

edit again: Also Creston is a bioware whore! A WHORE, I SAY!!!!!!!

I was pretty excited for Destiny. WAS. Hoping they add some plot in the DLC.

And..uh....no, pretty jaded otherwise. Can't even work up a smile for Dragon Age because of how bad II was and because BIOWARE YOU SUCK NOW!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 17:12 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 14:44:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 13:05:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 13:00:
nin wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 09:24:
Yeah, I'm pretty psyched about the Downey news. Pretty crazy they're already mapping out Avengers 4!

40 million PLUS backend is just nuts, though.

Well, he's probably getting pretty tired of playing the same character. I hear that Chris Evans is, and if you saw Snowpiercer, you can see that he's hankering for more things new.

He's actually saying he's retiring after his Captain America contract. We'll see if he sticks to it, but he says he doesn't enjoy the spotlight and wants to just direct.

I'd hate the spotlight too. It'd a shame if he stopped acting, he's such a talent.

Yeah. Puncture was phenomenal, I loved him in Push, and Snowpiercer was great too. Too bad he's so typecast as a superhero. (Johnny Blaze, Captain America, Nick from Push, hell he even voiced Casey on the CG TMNT movie...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
10. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 17:07 Agent.X7

Was checking my Twitch account last night and happened to catch some live feed from some guy playing this game. Seemed pretty cool if you like old school survival horror. After Dead Space 3, however, I will probably wait until it is bargain bin priced.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2014, 21:08 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:12:
Not many of you purchased Borderlands reskin 3 I see....any midnight gamers?

Although it is tempting with this coupon I have....damn you greenmangaming

Didn't even finish 2 yet. Will wait for GOTY for 3.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

42. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 20:48 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Oct 11, 2014, 18:12:
Thanks guys. I only mentioned it since Ray Ban did. At the time, I didn't want to talk about it, and even now it's hard to describe. I wasn't particularly close to either of my parents, but with both of them gone, it's more of a feeling of "I guess I'm next."

Between all that and turning 39 this year and 40 next, this whole "age" thing is hard to grasp. It's like mentally still feeling 19, but your body is screaming otherwise.

Shhh. I turned 39 this year too, but I am making my body suck it up and run like a 24 year old.

Condolences for everyone's losses. My dad could drop dead and I wouldn't even care, (Or probably even here about it until years after the fact) but losing my mom would suck. We're pretty close.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2014, 02:08 Agent.X7

Magrunner is on sale on Steam for $2.94 or something like that. Kind of a take on Portal...with Cthulhu! I've been waiting forever for it to hit rock bottom, and my patience has paid off, haha!

Also, the best mushy love line EVER!

"I love you!"
"I know."

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2368 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo