Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2253 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 13:27 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 10:26:
It's groundhog day just with a sci-fi war... nothing can go wrong with that In fact, I wondered for a while after Groundhog day why there weren't mere "alikes" released. The idea fits perfectly in a slightly longer more spread out time loop where something is actually at stake...

Not gonna go into a cinema for it, but I'll watch it at some point...

Groundhog Day itself wasn't an original story, and the time loop premise has been done to death in sci-fi shows and literature. Shockingly, Philip K Dick did a time loop story in 1975. (Did this guy ever not hit a single trope being used in sci-fi tv and movies today?)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 13:21 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 09:53:
Ugh cracked.com and their dumb lists.

Cruise may be a nutter but Oblivion was way better than it deserved to be with that weird script. At least he keeps doing interesting projects.

Yeah, sorry Cracked. People have been "predicting" another video game crash since the first. Not likely to happen.

And Cruise is a complete nutter, but man he picks good movies to star in. Of course, many actors are bug-nuts crazy. But, you know, a whole religion created by an ex-con writer that has actors as its top tier members, what do you expect? Logic? hahahahahaha. You are number six.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2013, 13:02 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:47:
Last time I checked, Xbox was profitable (at least until the Xbox One)

Nope. A bunch of articles about that came out earlier this year. They make nothing from the Xbox division.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 Agent.X7

4K goes mainstream, lol. They have a very different idea of mainstream than most people. Sure, you can now buy cheaper 4K monitors. To run your games at that resolution, yeah. not so cheap.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
81. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 01:26 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 19:26:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 19:20:
I beta tested EQ. It was the first 3d MMO to market.

Meridian 59 generally gets that honor.

Except that Meridian 59 was not a true 3D game, but rather sprite based like Doom. EQ was the first MMO to use polygons and textures, so they were the first true 3D MMO.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 01:20 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:17:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 14:22:
I loved it, but I can watch Honest Trailers about anything. This one wasn't all that funny though. I think it's one of the first HTs that I just thought fell flat.

I thought this one was pretty funny. The Home Alone one fell flat for me.

Aw, see, I thought that one was funny.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > SteamOS on Friday
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2013, 01:16 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 00:57:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 23:13:
Shit, games are the only reason most of us use Windows anyway.

I think most is an over-statement.

Any Bluesers manage to snag a beta slot?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 19:21 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:14:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:22:
Global warming is unpaused and stuck on fast forward, new research shows.

Our kids are so fcked.

But not the kids of conservatives though. Because apparently none of it is real anyway. But you can find them hanging out with ostriches, with their heads stuck in the sand, so you can ask them yourself.

bi-partisan bullshit incoming! Run for your lives!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
65. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 19:20 Agent.X7

Got an invite to the beta. Deleted it. Still zero interest in this as a sub game.

I beta tested EQ. It was the first 3d MMO to market. Those graphics were pretty amazing at the time. They were not really going for cartoony for most of the artwork. (Larry Elmore did a lot of artwork for them)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
25. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 18:35 Agent.X7

The really funny part was when Bad Company 2 launched they had some pretty annoying bugs that they finally fixed, only to have those EXACT SAME BUGS show up in battlefield 3. Then they showed up again in BF4.

Hello? This is your engine. Can you not figure out how you got rid of these same bugs before? Did you not document it?

I'm enjoying BF4, but it has some scream worthy issues sometimes. Like, I cannot log into my server from my house. I can play on it from work, but not home. I used to be able to, but the China Rising dropped and poof, gone like magic.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
19. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 15:57 Agent.X7

Battlefield has always had shit server browsers. They never learned to make a decent one. At least back in the day you could use Gamespy to find a 1942 server. back when Gamespy was a good browser.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: A year after ban on loud TV commercials: BETTER? Dec 11, 2013, 15:53 Agent.X7

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 14:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 13:15:
TV Commercials? People still watch live TV?

Haven't had cable in almost a decade. (And I only had it then because my wife had it when I moved in with her, hadn't had it before that, um, ever.)

Broadband gives me Amazon, Amazon gives me...pretty much everything I watch these days. I used to watch Hulu, but then they got as bad with the commercials as TV. I used to have Netflix, but I got seriously tired of them taking movies and shows away while they were still on my watchlist.

Screw paying the cable companies for 200 channels I don't watch.

I envy you. If I wasn't married, I wouldn't have cable either. We don't even have 200 channels though. It's more like 60-70 channels that are repeated two or three times for some odd reason. I believe it's to give us the illusion that we actually have more channels. Also, many of the channels are in Spanish which is useless since I don't know Spanish. It's a rip-off! Then there's the fact that there is a 5 minute commercial break every 7-9 minutes. It's completely absurd. So yeah, I envy you.

I had to cut my wife off. She would spend every waking minute on the couch watching the dumbest shit on the planet and not getting anything done.

So now, of course, she spends every waking minute at her desk, on Facebook, watching the dumbest shit on the planet and not getting anything done.

Yeah. Go me. At least I'm already paying for my ISP and not getting pumped for $100 a month for tv.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 14:22 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:06:
Yeah that's some pretty silly "internet justice!" dude.

Honest Trailers - The Hobbit- An Unexpected Journey.

I really didn't care for that movie so anxious to watch the takedown at lunch.

I loved it, but I can watch Honest Trailers about anything. This one wasn't all that funny though. I think it's one of the first HTs that I just thought fell flat.

Also re: Overcrowded - I think most of us can figure out that deserts are largely uninhabited and huge cities are overpopulated. Kind of a given there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: A year after ban on loud TV commercials: BETTER? Dec 11, 2013, 13:15 Agent.X7

TV Commercials? People still watch live TV?

Haven't had cable in almost a decade. (And I only had it then because my wife had it when I moved in with her, hadn't had it before that, um, ever.)

Broadband gives me Amazon, Amazon gives me...pretty much everything I watch these days. I used to watch Hulu, but then they got as bad with the commercials as TV. I used to have Netflix, but I got seriously tired of them taking movies and shows away while they were still on my watchlist.

Screw paying the cable companies for 200 channels I don't watch.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed
35. Re: Unannounced Blizzard Game Revealed Dec 10, 2013, 19:19 Agent.X7

Unannounced Blizzard game...not announced. News at 11!

I've got my fingers crossed for Blackthorn II!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
227. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 19:17 Agent.X7

Fletch wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:22:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 10:28:
The mentality of 'they don't have a right to do this until I've done something wrong' simply doesn't make sane, rational sense.

One of the most ignorant things I've ever read, and I've written some doozies myself.
What about the police? You ok with them pulling you over just for the hell of it? How about knocking on your door and forcing themselves in without a warrant just to make sure you haven't "done something wrong"? How about at 2:00AM? It's for the safety of the country/neighborhood, they tell you. Maybe they need to go through your browsing history "to protect America". "Sure officer, go ahead. I'm all for protecting America. Oh, you need my phone as well? Uhhh, ok."

As my personal lord and savior, Maynard James Keenan, said:
"Where's the line?"
Do you have one?

Not to mention 4th amendment protection. Fuck, if I don't have to wait for you to do something wrong you won't mind if I shoot you now and save myself the trouble later, right? I'll be right back, I sense a massive population drop coming in my immediate area. Pre-crime division, here I come!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

222. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 15:50 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 15:25:
Abort! Abort!

Incoming bi-partisan bickering! Run for your lives!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

216. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 14:01 Agent.X7

True, anyone could, but there is a HUGE difference between extemporaneous acts and premeditated ones.

They don't stop either one. It's not like the Boston bombers didn't plan it out ahead of time. McVeigh? Kaczynski? Bin Laden?

They just use tragedy as an excuse to push their agendas, much like politicians.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

214. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 10, 2013, 13:56 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 13:10:
No, they can't prevent EVERY single threat/attempt, but do you realize how many threats they have thwarted that we don't even know about, which enables us to sleep at night?

Well don't keep us in suspense, exactly how many threats have they prevented by spying on WoW raiders and Second Life introverts?

The argument that people should be ok with ~whatever~ as long as it might prevent a terrorist attack is really silly. Authorities could use the whole "FOR UR PROTECTION" as justification for anything, that's why there should always be pushback when these bodies exceed their mandate or this sort of stuff is done in secret without the general publics knowledge.

That's exactly it. DO I know how many attacks they have prevented? No. And neither do they. Neither does the Intelligence Oversight Committee. That's the real issue. This is not only done without permission, but even the Congressional committee in charge of all the spies in the US is in the dark. No warrants, no permission, no oversight. The spies are doing whatever they damn well please. Time to reign this shit in and stop it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2013, 13:50 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:17:
1badmf wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 12:07:
man jupiter ascending looks tight as hell. i just hope tatum doesn't ruin it by bro-ing out too much, but it looks like he did a good job. and the effects - wow. good hardcore scifi has always turned me into a sighing goo of fangirl adoration, and man someone needs to mop me up after that.

Casting Sean Bean feels like a spoiler. I notice he's only in the first half of the trailer.

He's one of those actors that I am convinced has a clause in his contract stating his character must die in every film. Leonardo DiCaprio is another. Maybe the big twisat ending is that Sean Bean lives?

And people pick on Tatum because he has done some really bad acting in the past. He has a bad rep because of it, and it's going to take a lot to get rid of it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2253 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo