Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2183 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears
2. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Nears Dec 6, 2013, 14:37 Agent.X7

I am going to just go ahead and get it. I looked forward to every episode last time.

I'm waiting for the end of Wolf, just because I have so much other shit I am playing right now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Survivor 2299 Teasing
17. Re: More Survivor 2299 Teasing Dec 6, 2013, 14:32 Agent.X7

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 14:17:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 13:43:
They make a great world to adventure through, amazing editors and have overall very good story plots. But I can't think of any AAA RPG game developer with worst writers, in story, dialog and NPCs.

Whether it's being forced to listen to Linda Carter saying "I'm am forced to carry your burdens" or Fallout 3's infantile dialog. "Have you seen a middle aged guy, I'm looking for my father."

I'm playing through SWKOTOR2 right now and some of the characters are just one info-dump after another. I "got" what was going on after the first two lines but I'm having to click through a wall of text so I can get to go DO something (doing something being the point of a game).

I'm actually starting to lean more towards liking NPCs that have simple dialogue. If I want to read a lot of back story or detailed explanation I'd much rather read it in an in-game journal or book.

This goes doubly if I have to listen to a voice actor read from a script.

Right there with you.

My wife gets a laugh from me playing games when the characters just start blabbing forever.

"OK, got it. What do I need to do?"
"No, really, you can stop filling me in. Just tell me what you need me to do."
"Please stop. I don't care."
"JESUS! Shut the fuck up already!"

I do remember some of the more chatty folk in Fallout 3 getting beat to death a few times. I wish all games would let you do that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 19:58 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 18:48:
dj LiTh wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 18:26:
RIP Nelson Mandela

South Africa is still a mess.

You're right. We're all fucked. Why bother trying to make it better, am I right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2013, 17:06 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 19:47:
On the one hand, I agree that it's a bit ridiculous the guy gets arrested over what amounts to an absolutely negligible amount of power, and it's even more ludicrous that he spends 15 hours in jail.

On the flipside, that's not his power, and he could have at least ASKED the university if he could charge there. Last I checked, theft was theft.

But it really is his power. His kid goes to school there, so he's in the school tax district paying taxes. His taxes also pay for the assholes that arrested him for what amounts to nothing. What a country we live in! I bet the NSA saw the whole thing happen too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 16:59 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 16:49:
Tony Stark's dad in Iron Man was that guy from Mad Men. It was that other guy in Captain America.

Yup, you're right. I forgot Cooper wasn't the dad in the actual Iron Man movies.

Haha, just looked it up. 2 different guys for Howard Stark in the iron man movies. 1st one was someone else, then 2nd one was the guy from mad men, then Dominic Cooper in the Cap. movies. Guess it wasn't so noticeable that they keep changing him.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 15:18 Agent.X7

RE: Amazon Drones

http://tinyurl.com/maxx5zt

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Dec 5, 2013, 15:15 Agent.X7

Redmask wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 07:21:
Done with preordering? Everyone says that until the next big game starts up the hype train. I'll put money down that several of you preorder Dragon Age 2, Titanfall and many other things next year. There's nothing wrong with preordering a title, it's your disposable income so whatever the hell you want with it. Just try to reign in your impulse spending a bit for the companies who consistently screw you.

Dragon Age 2? HELL NO. Bioware can't seem to make a decent game after they did DA:O. Wouldn't pre-order unless I get to make out with Claudia Black.

Titanfall? Maybe. Although I will probably not and just get it when it comes out.

inFamous Second Son? Already did.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 5, 2013, 12:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 10:51:
Yeah, and more than a couple of faces I recognize. Specifically Ben Foster and Dominic Cooper. If anyone's not seen The Devil's Double, I thought it was a good movie...

I was going to say, Ben Foster is in a ton of movies and TV shows. Angel in X-Men? The Mechanic, Pandorum, 3:10 to Yuma, etc.

Domonic Cooper is in a bunch of stuff too, although he is usually a secondary character. (Tony Stark's dad in Iron man and Captain America)

The rest of them are all experienced actors, but, yeah, pretty unknown. (Kazinsky was the annoying brother of Max Martini in Pacific Rim)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
21. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 17:47 Agent.X7

Metro was never meant to be a 64 player CQ map. It works best in Rush with 32 players, which is fun. 32 player CQ is also OK on it, but still very spammy.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 16:45 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:36:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:21:
bigCstyle wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:14:
Well... after all the trolling, incompetence, anti-consumer, anti-community, borderline illegal (or more) practices from the gaming industry in general over the years... I no longer pay more than 10 dollars for a game anymore anyway. Its a lot easier to take all this (outright) abuse when I stopped paying more than 10 dollars for a game.

Yup, that's exactly how to do it. I'm absolutely done with pre-ordering, and unless it's something I'm absolutely dying to play, I'm not buying shit day one anymore either. Too many devs think they can release plain unfinished shit for me to feel like I owe them full price anymore.

I'll buy their games on sale or not at all.

I usually wait unless it's something I really want to play. Infinite is a fantastic game for $9.99. Not sure I would be as enthused had I paid $60. (Well, OK, I get mine wholesale for the most part, but still...)

Battlefield? Glitches and all I would still buy the next one day one. Of course, it's pretty much the only multiplayer I play for 2 years.

It all depends on opinion, of course. I ordered the super expensive Reckoning CE. Not sorry at all. Loved the game, loved the cool statue. Most people look at me like I am crazy when I recommend that game.

Everyone seems to love GTA V, I wasn't so hot on it.

What was the topic?

I think I preordered Infinte because Amazon ofered $20 off. Maybe it was only $10. In any case, I preordered it about 5 minutes before Amazon took the preorder down, and I consider it worth every dime.

I bought GTAV for $15 off due to the talk on this board and, honestly, didn't like it much. I thought the SeanBaby takedown of it on Cracked.com earlier this week was spot-on. I just have to accept that I don't really like this series, even though I go nuts for Saints Row. So close, yet so far.

Oh, good. I'm not the only one. I love open world games, but I just cannot get into GTA games. (Although I don't like Saint's either.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 16:36 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:21:
bigCstyle wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:14:
Well... after all the trolling, incompetence, anti-consumer, anti-community, borderline illegal (or more) practices from the gaming industry in general over the years... I no longer pay more than 10 dollars for a game anymore anyway. Its a lot easier to take all this (outright) abuse when I stopped paying more than 10 dollars for a game.

Yup, that's exactly how to do it. I'm absolutely done with pre-ordering, and unless it's something I'm absolutely dying to play, I'm not buying shit day one anymore either. Too many devs think they can release plain unfinished shit for me to feel like I owe them full price anymore.

I'll buy their games on sale or not at all.

I usually wait unless it's something I really want to play. Infinite is a fantastic game for $9.99. Not sure I would be as enthused had I paid $60. (Well, OK, I get mine wholesale for the most part, but still...)

Battlefield? Glitches and all I would still buy the next one day one. Of course, it's pretty much the only multiplayer I play for 2 years.

It all depends on opinion, of course. I ordered the super expensive Reckoning CE. Not sorry at all. Loved the game, loved the cool statue. Most people look at me like I am crazy when I recommend that game.

Everyone seems to love GTA V, I wasn't so hot on it.

What was the topic?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Off topic Dec 4, 2013, 15:39 Agent.X7

Re: Paul Walker

Seems like the show might not go on.

http://tinyurl.com/l44sm7u

Producers are considering all options at this point, including scrapping the whole thing and starting over. I hope they don't do that and waste his last work on Earth.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
26. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2013, 14:10 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 23:23:
PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 08:08:
Don't be idiots. They didn't just create a website and walk away. They ran the website. They were obligated to at least attempt to see their website wasn't being used for illegal activity. If you own a home and knowingly allow it to be used as a drug den you're criminally at fault.

And there is already legal precedence for this. It's called Napster.

Really? And how do you police 5+ million users? If you have an answer industry is all ears on how to do it affordably. And again, it's weak argument. Why are they responsible but not gun makers? Why? There's zero difference between the two. You can use either the service or product legally or illegally. So why is only one responsible and not the other? So don't be so quick to call other people idiots. Put up or shut up.

Oh boy. Listen, let's take an example of a hammer.

You make hammers. You even sell them on Hammers.com. Someone uses one of your hammers to kill his ex-wife. Are you liable? Fuck no. You didn't sell that hammer so someone could murder someone with it.

Let's say, however, that you also own hammer house. You let people rent hammers and use them in the house. Someone murders their ex-wife while you watch. You don't call the police, you don't intervene, you do nothing but watch. Are you liable? Oh my God, you will be sued into the fucking ground and arrested on criminal charges.

Do you see the difference?

If you own a house, rent it out, and someone makes meth there? Assuming you had no idea, you aren't liable.

If you KNEW about it? Then you are liable.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:59 Agent.X7

KS wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:47:
Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 10:18:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 09:50:
Valve, a profit driven crypto-fascist syndicate

Errr ooooooook

Fascism is strong government control with nominal private ownership and a strong nationalist streak.

Not sure how that applies to Valve, crypto or otherwise.

Me squash smart sounding words together, make seem much smart! Ook!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:58 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:25:
Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:15:
Here's the issue from the seller's point of view:

What's to say that you didn't buy the game, beat it, and now you just want to return it for a full refund so that you basically rented it at my expense? And brick and mortar stores (like me) get the added benefit of it now being used and we can no longer sell it at the new price, thus losing money.

I get people in my store every single day with some lame ass excuse for why they need to return things. Some people may even be telling the truth, but how am I supposed to tell? Thus the rule gets applied equally to everyone.

As far as the game not working? That should be on the manufacturer, just like any new item that gets sold.

There are ways to tell if that's happening, as I mentioned below:
1) Steam tracks how long you play a game. So, give people an hour limit
2) There may be ways around that, so also give it a real-time from purchase limit. 3 days. No one should beat any game in 3 days
3) And monitor returns. Some people will play a game 72 straight hours and try to return it. If you see people returning an inordinate amount of games, flag them as abusing the system and penalize them somehow

Steam can handle this much better than GameStop can, because it has far more data.

#1 - sure, good for Steam.
#2 - Horseshit. So many games have single player campaigns that are only hours long. Hell, I'd have beaten Bioshock: Infinite already if it wasn't for my new monitor dying (Can't go back to playing on the old one, new one spoiled me.) and I'm on like 11 hours played or something.
#3 - And Steam is supposed to just suck up the loss from their first 4 or 5 bullshit returns?

1) We're discussing Steam, not shitholes like GameStop
2) The 3 days is only to try to stop people scamming. It isn't the greater of 3 days or an hour, it's the lesser of. But I doubt most people are finishing any game within 3 days. There are outliers, and you may be one of them, but that's not a common thing
3) Yes. Yes they are. It's good customer service. Do you know what happens to companies with good customer service? Their growth increases. Do you know what happens to companies with bad customer service? They die out. Offering things your customers want, that makes them happy, will lead to more revenues. That increase in revenue is almost certain to outpace the fraud. Or, you can let a few morons completely ruin the experience for everyone else because you're too shortsighted to look at the big picture of increased growth and only look at the easier-to-measure losses from a few morons

You aren't exposed to any children, are you? MANY of them will play for hours straight until they beat a game. My wife is a teacher. She hears stories all the time from her kids about how they play. I hear stories from parents and kids. Sure, older people probably do not play as much. I can still beat most games in a few hours spread over a few nights, though. (Beyond: Two Souls took me less than a week.)

Good customer service does not entail letting people fuck you over. Many customers happen to think that, but it's not true. People who keep returning games aren't customers, they're scammers. People love to tell me all the time that I am going to go out of business because I am not doing what they want. The truth is that you CAN'T please everyone, and it's folly to try.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Dec 4, 2013, 13:48 Agent.X7

SirKnight wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:43:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 11:54:
the few seconds I bothered with.

*facepalm*

Some people have better things to do with their lives. I didn't find any of it very funny, and I watched a few segments. Why waste 15 minutes of your life hoping for some funny?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 4, 2013, 13:38 Agent.X7

Ooof. I just returned a Dell u2913wm because it won't power on unless I unplug all the cords first. Decided to go for it and replaced it with the 3014 monitor. (30") It was on sale for $1099, but I missed that and paid $1299. Expensive, but after using the 2556x1080 monitor I found I loved the wider resolution. (Used to have a 27" 1920x1200) I figured, WTF, go for the wider AND taller res. 30" is 2556x1600.

I saw the 32 inch when I was looking, but DAMN. Cost almost as much as my brand new desktop monster machine. I'm willing to make payments on my Dell account for a year to pay off $1200. Not so much over 3grand. Looks awesome, but...yeah.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:25 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:15:

What's to say that you didn't buy the game, beat it, and now you just want to return it for a full refund so that you basically rented it at my expense? And brick and mortar stores (like me) get the added benefit of it now being used and we can no longer sell it at the new price, thus losing money.

I get people in my store every single day with some lame ass excuse for why they need to return things. Some people may even be telling the truth, but how am I supposed to tell? Thus the rule gets applied equally to everyone.

As far as the game not working? That should be on the manufacturer, just like any new item that gets sold.

There are ways to tell if that's happening, as I mentioned below:
1) Steam tracks how long you play a game. So, give people an hour limit
2) There may be ways around that, so also give it a real-time from purchase limit. 3 days. No one should beat any game in 3 days
3) And monitor returns. Some people will play a game 72 straight hours and try to return it. If you see people returning an inordinate amount of games, flag them as abusing the system and penalize them somehow

Steam can handle this much better than GameStop can, because it has far more data.

#1 - sure, good for Steam.
#2 - Horseshit. So many games have single player campaigns that are only hours long. Hell, I'd have beaten Bioshock: Infinite already if it wasn't for my new monitor dying (Can't go back to playing on the old one, new one spoiled me.) and I'm on like 11 hours played or something.
#3 - And Steam is supposed to just suck up the loss from their first 4 or 5 bullshit returns?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
14. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 13:20 Agent.X7

I play this on my laptop at the store and my desktop at home, and my only issues seem to be the one shot kills. Very few crashes since launch, servers I play on are stable. Haven't heard much complaining on the servers about crashes or bad connections. Just the usual THIS GAME SUCKS!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE! From people that get killed.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 13:15 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2183 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo