Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2317 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 21:20 Agent.X7

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 17:49:
Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 16:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 13:10:
Great study. Completely ignores reality, but great study.

It makes sense. If your 'network' slows down or stops facebooking then you will to. Plus, the study cites data that shows a decline in FB traffic since Feb 2012.

I personally dislike FB. I only have an account to keep track of notifications from one organization that I am affiliated with - otherwise, I have no connections on the system and find it useless. In addition, the interface is pretty damn awful and the constant nagging that they do about updating your profile or 'do you know this person?' is a major turn-off.

Plenty of things "make sense" but are not true. There was no peer review, the model is based on diseases, and they are guessing based on how My Space rapidly declined. Guess what? Facebook has already outlasted My Space and as much as some people like to demonize it, social media is not a disease.

Haha so I see you read the article but not the study. Read the study, then respond or don't and remain ignorant.

HAHA, I see you can make stupid assumptions based on nothing. I read the study before I responded.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2014, 18:32 Agent.X7

Another Nintendo fan ignoring reality. But hey, I never thought they should go mobile. They have the best portable game system right now. They just need to concentrate on that and putting Mario on other consoles. Mobile is not the way to go to make money.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2014, 17:57 Agent.X7

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 16:35:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 15:25:
It's interesting in that article comments that the pro-vaxxers all throw down links to studies, and the anti-vaxxers don't. I think that tells you all you need to know.

It's difficult to make scientific and mathematical arguments to someone who is making emotional decisions with little understanding of the background. They present facts that they copy-paste from skeptic sites but they don't really understand what they mean, it's just technobabble. I've had discussion with people who thought vaccines were a drug, or that it weakens and replaces the natural immune system. Skepticism can be healthy thing but you can tell what classes in high school they skipped entirely.

That's our real issue. Period. Too many undereducated people listening to anyone with the charisma to hold their attention. Yeah, I'd be letting Jenny McCarthy make my child's future brighter with her anti-vaccine movement. Except that my mind can outwit her fake boobs to get to the science behind the scenes. Jenny has...fake boobs. Science has...studies and years of evidence that these vaccines work with little chance of bad side effects.

But we like to have politicians, who usually know jack about anything BUT politics, make rules for everything. It's ridiculous, but most of the masses are ignorant enough that it keeps happening. If it's not the politicians, it's celebrities - who are also grossly unqualified to make policy for anything - that we listen to. It boggles my mind.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 17:49 Agent.X7

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 16:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 13:10:

It makes sense. If your 'network' slows down or stops facebooking then you will to. Plus, the study cites data that shows a decline in FB traffic since Feb 2012.

I personally dislike FB. I only have an account to keep track of notifications from one organization that I am affiliated with - otherwise, I have no connections on the system and find it useless. In addition, the interface is pretty damn awful and the constant nagging that they do about updating your profile or 'do you know this person?' is a major turn-off.

Plenty of things "make sense" but are not true. There was no peer review, the model is based on diseases, and they are guessing based on how My Space rapidly declined. Guess what? Facebook has already outlasted My Space and as much as some people like to demonize it, social media is not a disease.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
23. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 22, 2014, 13:14 Agent.X7

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 01:23:
Veterator wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 18:06:
Scottyl42 wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 12:36:
I just started playing this. I made a ranger..I find them to be weak? Only level 20. But doesn't seem powerful? Maybe its just me.

I liked rangers with longbow and greatsword. They need to be fairly close to your level to get the most out of it. If you're using stuff 10-20 levels below you on weapons...you're gonna suck.

And as for this patch. So far I am not a fan. I suspect it's some bugs causing issues, but they took a lot of shitty elements from other encounters and crammed them all into these fights it seems.

Weird mechanics with almost no time to figure out wtf you're doing, then wait 2-3 hours to do it again.

No drops from the myriad of things you have to kill to get to the boss, and if you fail at the boss you get the "lesser prize" of hardly anything....and wait hours to try again. I know it's to discourage farming, but man is it annoying to spend half an hour after waiting 2 hours and get damn near nothing while you constantly kill things.

It really makes you start to hate your fellow player when you fail to win for the third or fourth time because you can't possibly explain every aspect of the fight to new people with how they are setup. And chances are you're probably wrong in some regard anyway because so much stuff is happening at once.

If you got SOMETHING worthwhile of time investment it wouldn't be so aggravating, but you basically walk away with nothing and have a bunch of other people there making the fight scale up but not contributing to the win in a positive manner.

And then you toss ending up in overflows into the mix, and you just end up with all sorts of mixes on the above issues over and over.

Unless this things gives out some amazing rewards, which I doubt given Teq gives pretty low chances of getting anything good, it's going to end up being largely ignored once people get their achievements. Too much hassle, not enough reward to keep people coming back to learn it really well.

Queen's arena was pretty boring after awhile, but at least time spent there running around in the zerg was steadily rewarding.

Truth! After 3 wurm runs---first too failed because of poor quality control(event ending bugs that affected most servers-com'on devs get your shit together, it wasn't ready for release) and 3 times with the puppet including a overflow--Not impressed --as you said just going for the achievements(and the grind to get them) then won't play them again.

TC and ebay servers pretty much tied for NA first down on marionette last night. (I am on TC, was there, kicking ass. )

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2014, 13:10 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2014, 12:44 Agent.X7

Pigeon wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 11:26:
DOOoooOoOOOOoooooOOOoomed!!!

I'll be worried if they keep making missteps, but the Wii U alone isn't going to tank the company.

Except they went from a projected 100 Billion Yen profit to a 35 Billion Yen loss as sales of the Wii U and the 3DS/2DS have tanked.

They keep putting out sub-par hardware and wondering why 3rd part developers are abandoning them in droves. They cannot keep moving hardware just on the strength of their few brands.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 12:37 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 11:35:
Engineer is cool but really frenetic, definitely takes some getting used to. Ranger is pretty fun IMO, that's my latest reroll.

A well specced ranger is almost impossible to kill in a dungeon or instance. I have soloed bosses when my whole party was dead and defeated them, and have other times had to kill myself when it was obvious that the boss couldn't kill me, but I couldn't do enough damage to kill him either.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2014, 13:51 Agent.X7

Pro Tip: Always password protect your phone. When the police ask you for the password, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT. Use it.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out
16. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 17:52 Agent.X7

DangerDog wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 16:13:
Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:16:
Scottyl42 wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:11:
6V6 lolololo No thanks....what is this? 1996

What team based FPS were you playing in 1996?

Still don't get why people keep making comments like this. Are games inherently better with more people?

I don't think anyone was expecting hundreds of players in a server but it looked initially like it would be 32 player at least, 12 does come as a bit of a shock. Playing with and against bots is barely acceptable in most single player games, even then it's usually a frustrating experience with your "AI" buddies getting in the way.

Yeah, if it's OK to have 44 AI opponents, then it's OK to have them all be players. They talk about how it's so hard because enemies can come from all directions, blah blah blah. Uh, guys? Ever play BF3 or 4? 32 people per side, death can come from all directions at any time. That's the whole point. 6 v 6 is pretty lame.

Guess this just went from must buy to wait and see.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2014, 13:26 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 13:02:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:54:
Does anyone else getting some problems when trying to access Blues?
I am not sure if the website was down this morning or was it my internet connection at work, but I couldn't access the site for about an hour today and pretty much most of the morning yesterday.

Bounced today and I'm pretty sure yesterday, too.

Pretty much everyday during certain time periods.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 16, 2014, 13:04 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 12:15:
i thought the LED was supposed to be a feedback device for games, like a health meter or something

It shines off your fingers so you can see the light, if it's not directly shining off of the TV. I have a 55" LG and I can see the LED reflecting off of the bottom if I don't sit just right. And I'm over 10' away.

It is cool in some games. The upcoming Tomb Raider re-release uses it like a torch, with flickering orange, red, and yellow. It just needs to be a bit dimmer.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Next Hitman Game Detailed
9. Re: Next Hitman Game Detailed Jan 16, 2014, 12:59 Agent.X7

I must be the only guy here who thought Absolution was an absolute blast to play. First Hitman game I have liked in a long time.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Update Next Week Jan 15, 2014, 12:54 Agent.X7

Scarlet won't be done until March, but yeah, can't wait. The holiday patch was same old same old, so I haven't played in a while.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 13:34 Agent.X7

The Thrawn trilogy was great when it was released. Tight oversight from Lucasfilm and a good writer made it worth the read, but the end was slightly anti-climactic. Everything since has pretty much been shit unless you are a die-hard fan. The prequels were mostly shit. If they could have cut out Anakin and Jar Jar and, well, any tie to the old movies and just had Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul? That would have been good. Lucas's desire to flash all sorts of fan winks with strange connections just ruined it. Darth vader built C3PO on Tattooine? Chewie knew Yoda, Boba Fett's dad was the Storm Trooper clone model? Holy hack writing, Batman!

Sadly, Lucas is the king of Retcon. If you read his original novelizations of the trilogy and watch early interviews the background was NOT what was shown in ep 1-3. Face it, the guy who once said it was all about the story and the special effects were nothing without a good story went and forgot he even said that and made a movie entirely about the effects and merchandising.

The Mouse House can't do worse, but I have doubts they can do better. This coming from a guy who hated Star Trek until JJ got a hold of it and loved the original Wars trilogy.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2014, 21:36 Agent.X7

J wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 19:46:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:00:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:46:
I love lemon-lime Gatorade, but let's face it, kool-aid with salt is no big secret.

There's no salt in Gatorade, only electrolytes.

I'm guessing you were being sarcastic as salt is an electrolyte.

Watch Idiocracy, and then return to this thread once you're up to speed.

LOL. I think most of the replies up to that point were Idiocracy quotes. Blue really set the tone there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 17:46 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:04:
PHJF wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 15:29:
Lot of hate on GRRM. The guy has written five (long) books and I've loved every word of it. He can have all the time he wants.

Not hate, frustration. Dude, just get it the fuck done already. 18 years to deliver 5 books isn't exactly productive. At this rate it'll be 5 more years - at least - before the series is done.

Exactly. Obviously we love his books, but come on. He spends more time fucking about than writing. Even Robert Jordan, who wrote fairly slowly at times, put out more books in a 20 year period.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 14:46 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:11:
Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 09:31:
Haha yeah, good luck with that. Gave up on Martin a long time ago, guy has terrible work habits. Blogs a billion times about football, pizza and attending conventions but takes 5 years to finish a book.

No one was as bad as Robert Jordan. He was just out of control. He kept padding his Wheel series with tons upon tons of fluff. Entire books were written where virtually nothing happened. I gave up in disgust after the ninth book. If I had to read about one more paragraph about pointless and utterly meaningless plotlines with pointless, ancillary people... Or had to sit through just one more never-ending sequence where two of his ridiculously caricatured female characters had a battle of wits to see who could be the bigger cunt...ARGH! I have never wasted so much time turning pages wishing something - ANYTHING! - interesting would happen. He destroyed an extremely promising series; the ending of the sixth book was possibly the best, most satisfying ending to a book I had ever read. Even then, if he cut out the meaningless, boring parts ,that really should have been the ending of the FOURTH book.

I love Robert Jordan, but yeah. If he'd have saved all those plots and characters that really had no bearing on the main story, maybe put them in their own books later on, he could have done the whole thing in 6 books tops. And as much as I love his writing, half the time he'd switch to a character and I would be like "who the fuck IS this?" and have to look it up online. Oh, some damn character he introduced 3 books ago that we haven't heard from since. OK, how was I supposed to remember this person?

Martin? I firmly believe he is letting the show writers go on without him. He will NEVER finish Song of Ice and Fire before he dies. I don't even watch the show. I didn't like it. I love the books, but he will maybe get one more out before he dies. Brandon Sanderson will probably have to finish his series too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2014, 14:34 Agent.X7

Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 14:03:
Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 13:46:
I love lemon-lime Gatorade, but let's face it, kool-aid with salt is no big secret.

There's no salt in Gatorade, only electrolytes.

What are electrolytes? Do you even know?

It's what they use to make Brawndo?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2014, 18:45 Agent.X7

I happen to agree with the court. LIBEL, people. Anonymous assholes destroying your business reputation with negative reviews that have no basis? You can be sued for that, and so you must be identified. Big Shocker. Too many people use anonymity to act like giant assholes on the Internet and think that there will never be consequences.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2317 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo