Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2233 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Multivitamins waste of money Dec 18, 2013, 13:08 Agent.X7

Multivitamins are a funny subject.

Do they boost your health? Duh, of course not.

However, if you read the study, it states that "well nourished" people gain nothing from them.

There are a TON of studies about how most people living in the world, even in 1st world countries, are not well nourished. The steady stream of shit we eat is not a balanced diet. Most women are short on iron. A lot of people are short on vitamin D, especially in the winter months.

I know I don't eat a very balanced diet, therefore I take a vitamin to make sure I get the stuff that is not in my food. I actually take extra vitamin D at the recommendation of my doctor because I work indoors and do not get enough sunlight. It has a perceptible effect on my mood and attitude.

So, should you take them to make you super healthy? No. Should you take them if you aren't getting the right combination of them in your diet? Probably.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 02:14 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 17:24:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 16:49:
Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 15:51:
So my company's CEO is stepping down, and the first thing I thought was "we could get Ballmer!"

I want him to come on stage at his introduction, screaming, jumping around, and going "FRACKING FRACKING FRACKING!!!"

Best Youtube video ever.

Because....you work at a gas company? (Not trying to be a prick, honestly don't get it.)

An energy exploration company, yeah. But I was at least hoping people would pick up on the BSG reference.

Kind of figured it had something to do with Fracking and BSG fracking, but I killed it by having to have it explained.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 17, 2013, 22:55 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 20:20:
Got it on Steam on a sale long long ago - got it for free on Vita (season 1) - I'll wait for the same....

How? Did they have it on PS Plus and I missed it?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 17, 2013, 19:58 Agent.X7

Good so far, but...

Why bother having characters from season 1 live if you just kill them off 5 minutes into season 2?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2013, 16:49 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 15:51:
So my company's CEO is stepping down, and the first thing I thought was "we could get Ballmer!"

I want him to come on stage at his introduction, screaming, jumping around, and going "FRACKING FRACKING FRACKING!!!"

Best Youtube video ever.

Because....you work at a gas company? (Not trying to be a prick, honestly don't get it.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
18. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 14:06 Agent.X7

That's it people, we need a time machine, and we need it now. I have to go back in time to KILL GEORGE LUCAS! Right after Willow.

George Lucas?
Yes?
Hasta la vista, baby. RATATATATATATATATATATATATA!

Problems solved. No more Han shooting first, no more prequels, no more lying. (Lucas is famous for saying one thing and then saying he never said it, even though it was recorded and sold on making of videos.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
31. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 17, 2013, 13:55 Agent.X7

I'd like it if they fixed the odd lag I get just as someone is about to kill me. Great predictive code you have there. Instead of leveling the playing field, it ensures I will die every time someone with a shitty ping shoots at me, because I can't move until they kill me.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2013, 12:41 Agent.X7

Xbox One party system will be fixed...just in time for Xbox Deux!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2013, 20:50 Agent.X7

Just saw The Desolation of Smaug. I thought it was great. I know purists are going to have conniptions over the last 40 minutes, and maybe I was the only one to see the ending coming, but people in the theater were not happy that it basically ends in the middle of an action scene.

On the plus side: LEGOLAS! Kickin' ass. has the best action sequences alongside Tauriel. Smaug! Looks great, sounds awesome. (To be fair, anybody could have done his voice as it had a lot of effects applied.) Mirkwood looked fantastic, as did Erebor. Luke was actually a good choice for Bard.

ON the negative side: Beorn. Wait, was he in this movie? And also, perhaps an intermission would be a nice thing for a 2 horu and 40 minute movie. Love the long movies, but man I had to pee by the end.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2013, 15:20 Agent.X7

So, they just patched BF4 today. Broke the game for SLI/Dual GPU cards. Awesome.

http://tinyurl.com/lfw3yxc

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
58. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 16:52 Agent.X7

Atoth wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 14:44:
Another worthless piece of plastic that will be sitting on your desk because it doesn't work well in the games you play or it strains your eyes too much that you'll only be able to use it for a couple of hours. It'll be a shitty overpriced display with crappy refresh rates that just make everything look awful and stretched out. Fools and their money for useless gadgets that don't really bring a lot to the table. It'll collect dust and you'll just keep telling yourself that some major game or something else will came out that eventually takes full advantage of it, but it won't. Otherwise you'll just be looked at like an idiot with a piece of head gear on twirling your head around like a moron.

Cutter, did you make a second account?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
41. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 13:28 Agent.X7

Not everyone gets motion sickness. My cousin took me up in a training jet once and started doing crazy stunts, expecting me to get sick. I thought it was a blast. He was a fighter pilot, I had never been in a plane before, let alone a tiny training jet.

Some people can ride roller coasters all day, some people hurl.

My only weakness is carousels. I cannot even look at them without getting queasy. Barrel rolls, high G turns? No problem. Horse moving up and down while spinning in a circle? *HURP*

My wife cannot watch me play FPS games, she gets sick. She got sick once while playing WoW because the camera was too close to her character.

The point is, nobody has the same reaction.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2013, 12:27 Agent.X7

Wired. *sigh* They used to be a good magazine.

Yeah, such a bummer that Bioshock was a FPS. You know, since the entire series has been. And even System Shock 2 was pretty much. But, you know, should have been a point and click. Derp.

My biggest bummer was that Tomb raider was a giant hit with everyone. I loved it so much I am getting the PS4 version to play it again.

Oh, and I'm sure a lot of people are bummed about Watchdogs.

In fact, his list was crap. We could make a better one.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 12:23 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 11:58:
Verno wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 09:49:
Fixing Forza 5: How Turn 10 wants to win fans back.

Step 1 - stop being greedy jerks with this arcade token shit and horrible grinds

Step 2 - stop working for Microsoft so that the above can occur.

But but but... they give us monies!

"I think the biggest travesty for me is how people have misread our intentions, because that's just been sad - community's the biggest thing for us, and the whole point is to get people excited about cars and excited about games, so people saying we've changed the economy for this reason and we removed this feature for that reason - I understand it, because perception's reality, and people start believing what they believe, but I know it's not the thought process we went through to make the decisions we made."

We did not make SimCity online only for DRM reasons. It's for gameplay! YOU GUYS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!
-another PR toolbag from some other company.

I think Blizzard has the same excuse for Diablo 3. It's too bad Diablo 3 is so much better on consoles. Better controls, no lag in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 12:21 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 09:47:
PS Plus' January free games include Don't Starve on PS4, DmC & Borderlands 2.

That's the UK, as the US gets BL2 this month. Hopefully the US gets DS next month as well!

Ooooh, good catch. I was confused, because I DLed Soul Sacrifice on the Vita last week.

Now I will try Don't Starve on the PS4 though. Free is good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2013, 00:04 Agent.X7

raVen wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 18:11:
Will no one think of the ANTS?!

I thought of them. Frying as the molten aluminum touched them. Fry fuckers, FRY!

(I was bitten by fireants in Florida as a child.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
97. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 16:35 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 14:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:36:
Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:52:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 02:57:
I'd think "true" 3D would be holograms or something, or at least some kind of stereoscopy. Sprites vs. polygons seems like an arbitrary defining factor, textures even more so.

That is right up there with Grammar Nazi.

So is splitting the hairs between 3D world and 3D everything.

I carefully put the word "generally" there, as Meridian 59 is generally accepted as the first 3D MMORPG. Some here may not fall into the "generally," but that doesn't make them entirely right. See: Wikipedia.

Not splitting hairs. 3D games today have everything modeled in 3D. All the objects are truly 3D in that they have all sides. You can move the in game camera 360 around an object and it is all there. Sprites are just that, sprites. One image for front, one image for back. Meridian outdid Doom by having side sprites too, but nothing in that game was 3D. Even the world was 2D sprites.

Back in 1998 we were all excited when EQ was announced because it was using polygons like the cutting edge shooters. It was marketed everywhere as the first massively multiplayer online role playing game with a 3D world.

Meridian 59 was the first graphical MMO. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, and things are no always phrased in the correct manner. Meridian was about as 3D as the Bards Tale.
You came in and corrected me and then expect me not to explain my position or I am in the wrong? Please.

You're wrong, because you say the world was sprites. Meridian 59s world was polygons, its objects were sprites.

The first graphical MMO? What? There is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start. Hell, Air Warrior was a graphical MMO. There were plenty of graphical MMOs.

Secondly, Meridian 59 had a 3D world. That's much more 3D than the Bard's Tale. So, again, a weird thing to say. And by weird, I mean wrong.

Regardless, Meridian 59 was billed as the first 3D MMORPG, and many still say that, Wikipedia editing or not. You may define it as needing 3D polygons, but that isn't the strict definition. a 3D gameworld was new to MMORPGs at the time, and a 3D gameworld means a 3D game. You could move the camera around in 360 degrees.

The world was polygons, not sprites. Your entire argument falls apart because you're factually mistaken in thinking it was sprites. Just go do a Google image search and behold all the polygons in the world. Or take the review from Gamespot: "Meridian 59 is a tremendous value for any role-playing gamer looking to engage in a vast and ever-changing 3-D fantasy world populated almost exclusively by real human players."
Do you think Doom was a 2D world? Yeah, blah blah 2.5D since you couldn't go above, but the world was portrayed in 3D. The objects were sprites. The levels were 3D.

Whatever man, I'm not about to spend my day with your nitpicking.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Steam Dec 12, 2013, 16:24 Agent.X7

Hoop wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 16:00:
Who's going to The Hobbit the Desolation of Smaug?
I'm booked in for Sunday night.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy took over as my all time favorite movies when they were released. Since then I have seen everything PJ has done, and loved most of it. And I have been waiting for him to do the Hobbit even since The Fellowship was released.

TL;DR - You bet your ass I am going!

Waiting until Monday though. I hate crowds. Only 4 other people in the theater when I saw Riddick. We have assigned seating with awesome leather recliners in our theater. Almost as good as home as long as there aren't a lot of people. (Except I can't pause it when I need to pee.)

Edited to add: Oblivion, Fast 6, Riddick, and now the Hobbit are the only theater experiences for me this year. This was actually a busy theater year for me. I usually wait for the bluray release.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
29. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 12, 2013, 13:44 Agent.X7

Rea1One wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 03:01:
These bugs aren't as bad as when Battlefield 2142 first launched, That Titan Lag bug was hideous!

Nothing beats Battlefield Vietnam for total lack of playability, though. And then they "fixed" it and it got worse.

But, yeah, Titan lag was ridiculous. Here's your objective, just be aware that one inside the objective, you will get about 4 fps, you will sometimes just fall through and die, you will probably not be able to actually get it to recognize you are trying to complete the mission, and forget about shooting because nobody is actually where you see them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
94. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 13:36 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:52:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 02:57:
I'd think "true" 3D would be holograms or something, or at least some kind of stereoscopy. Sprites vs. polygons seems like an arbitrary defining factor, textures even more so.

That is right up there with Grammar Nazi.

So is splitting the hairs between 3D world and 3D everything.

I carefully put the word "generally" there, as Meridian 59 is generally accepted as the first 3D MMORPG. Some here may not fall into the "generally," but that doesn't make them entirely right. See: Wikipedia.

Not splitting hairs. 3D games today have everything modeled in 3D. All the objects are truly 3D in that they have all sides. You can move the in game camera 360 around an object and it is all there. Sprites are just that, sprites. One image for front, one image for back. Meridian outdid Doom by having side sprites too, but nothing in that game was 3D. Even the world was 2D sprites.

Back in 1998 we were all excited when EQ was announced because it was using polygons like the cutting edge shooters. It was marketed everywhere as the first massively multiplayer online role playing game with a 3D world.

Meridian 59 was the first graphical MMO. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, and things are no always phrased in the correct manner. Meridian was about as 3D as the Bards Tale.
You came in and corrected me and then expect me not to explain my position or I am in the wrong? Please.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2233 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo