Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2182 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
41. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 13:28 Agent.X7

Not everyone gets motion sickness. My cousin took me up in a training jet once and started doing crazy stunts, expecting me to get sick. I thought it was a blast. He was a fighter pilot, I had never been in a plane before, let alone a tiny training jet.

Some people can ride roller coasters all day, some people hurl.

My only weakness is carousels. I cannot even look at them without getting queasy. Barrel rolls, high G turns? No problem. Horse moving up and down while spinning in a circle? *HURP*

My wife cannot watch me play FPS games, she gets sick. She got sick once while playing WoW because the camera was too close to her character.

The point is, nobody has the same reaction.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2013, 12:27 Agent.X7

Wired. *sigh* They used to be a good magazine.

Yeah, such a bummer that Bioshock was a FPS. You know, since the entire series has been. And even System Shock 2 was pretty much. But, you know, should have been a point and click. Derp.

My biggest bummer was that Tomb raider was a giant hit with everyone. I loved it so much I am getting the PS4 version to play it again.

Oh, and I'm sure a lot of people are bummed about Watchdogs.

In fact, his list was crap. We could make a better one.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 12:23 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 11:58:
Verno wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 09:49:
Fixing Forza 5: How Turn 10 wants to win fans back.

Step 1 - stop being greedy jerks with this arcade token shit and horrible grinds

Step 2 - stop working for Microsoft so that the above can occur.

But but but... they give us monies!

"I think the biggest travesty for me is how people have misread our intentions, because that's just been sad - community's the biggest thing for us, and the whole point is to get people excited about cars and excited about games, so people saying we've changed the economy for this reason and we removed this feature for that reason - I understand it, because perception's reality, and people start believing what they believe, but I know it's not the thought process we went through to make the decisions we made."

We did not make SimCity online only for DRM reasons. It's for gameplay! YOU GUYS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!
-another PR toolbag from some other company.

I think Blizzard has the same excuse for Diablo 3. It's too bad Diablo 3 is so much better on consoles. Better controls, no lag in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 13, 2013, 12:21 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 09:47:
PS Plus' January free games include Don't Starve on PS4, DmC & Borderlands 2.

That's the UK, as the US gets BL2 this month. Hopefully the US gets DS next month as well!

Ooooh, good catch. I was confused, because I DLed Soul Sacrifice on the Vita last week.

Now I will try Don't Starve on the PS4 though. Free is good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2013, 00:04 Agent.X7

raVen wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 18:11:
Will no one think of the ANTS?!

I thought of them. Frying as the molten aluminum touched them. Fry fuckers, FRY!

(I was bitten by fireants in Florida as a child.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
97. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 16:35 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 14:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:36:
Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:52:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 02:57:
I'd think "true" 3D would be holograms or something, or at least some kind of stereoscopy. Sprites vs. polygons seems like an arbitrary defining factor, textures even more so.

That is right up there with Grammar Nazi.

So is splitting the hairs between 3D world and 3D everything.

I carefully put the word "generally" there, as Meridian 59 is generally accepted as the first 3D MMORPG. Some here may not fall into the "generally," but that doesn't make them entirely right. See: Wikipedia.

Not splitting hairs. 3D games today have everything modeled in 3D. All the objects are truly 3D in that they have all sides. You can move the in game camera 360 around an object and it is all there. Sprites are just that, sprites. One image for front, one image for back. Meridian outdid Doom by having side sprites too, but nothing in that game was 3D. Even the world was 2D sprites.

Back in 1998 we were all excited when EQ was announced because it was using polygons like the cutting edge shooters. It was marketed everywhere as the first massively multiplayer online role playing game with a 3D world.

Meridian 59 was the first graphical MMO. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, and things are no always phrased in the correct manner. Meridian was about as 3D as the Bards Tale.
You came in and corrected me and then expect me not to explain my position or I am in the wrong? Please.

You're wrong, because you say the world was sprites. Meridian 59s world was polygons, its objects were sprites.

The first graphical MMO? What? There is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start. Hell, Air Warrior was a graphical MMO. There were plenty of graphical MMOs.

Secondly, Meridian 59 had a 3D world. That's much more 3D than the Bard's Tale. So, again, a weird thing to say. And by weird, I mean wrong.

Regardless, Meridian 59 was billed as the first 3D MMORPG, and many still say that, Wikipedia editing or not. You may define it as needing 3D polygons, but that isn't the strict definition. a 3D gameworld was new to MMORPGs at the time, and a 3D gameworld means a 3D game. You could move the camera around in 360 degrees.

The world was polygons, not sprites. Your entire argument falls apart because you're factually mistaken in thinking it was sprites. Just go do a Google image search and behold all the polygons in the world. Or take the review from Gamespot: "Meridian 59 is a tremendous value for any role-playing gamer looking to engage in a vast and ever-changing 3-D fantasy world populated almost exclusively by real human players."
Do you think Doom was a 2D world? Yeah, blah blah 2.5D since you couldn't go above, but the world was portrayed in 3D. The objects were sprites. The levels were 3D.

Whatever man, I'm not about to spend my day with your nitpicking.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Steam Dec 12, 2013, 16:24 Agent.X7

Hoop wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 16:00:
Who's going to The Hobbit the Desolation of Smaug?
I'm booked in for Sunday night.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy took over as my all time favorite movies when they were released. Since then I have seen everything PJ has done, and loved most of it. And I have been waiting for him to do the Hobbit even since The Fellowship was released.

TL;DR - You bet your ass I am going!

Waiting until Monday though. I hate crowds. Only 4 other people in the theater when I saw Riddick. We have assigned seating with awesome leather recliners in our theater. Almost as good as home as long as there aren't a lot of people. (Except I can't pause it when I need to pee.)

Edited to add: Oblivion, Fast 6, Riddick, and now the Hobbit are the only theater experiences for me this year. This was actually a busy theater year for me. I usually wait for the bluray release.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
29. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 12, 2013, 13:44 Agent.X7

Rea1One wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 03:01:
These bugs aren't as bad as when Battlefield 2142 first launched, That Titan Lag bug was hideous!

Nothing beats Battlefield Vietnam for total lack of playability, though. And then they "fixed" it and it got worse.

But, yeah, Titan lag was ridiculous. Here's your objective, just be aware that one inside the objective, you will get about 4 fps, you will sometimes just fall through and die, you will probably not be able to actually get it to recognize you are trying to complete the mission, and forget about shooting because nobody is actually where you see them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

94. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 13:36 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 13:02:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:52:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 02:57:
I'd think "true" 3D would be holograms or something, or at least some kind of stereoscopy. Sprites vs. polygons seems like an arbitrary defining factor, textures even more so.

That is right up there with Grammar Nazi.

So is splitting the hairs between 3D world and 3D everything.

I carefully put the word "generally" there, as Meridian 59 is generally accepted as the first 3D MMORPG. Some here may not fall into the "generally," but that doesn't make them entirely right. See: Wikipedia.

Not splitting hairs. 3D games today have everything modeled in 3D. All the objects are truly 3D in that they have all sides. You can move the in game camera 360 around an object and it is all there. Sprites are just that, sprites. One image for front, one image for back. Meridian outdid Doom by having side sprites too, but nothing in that game was 3D. Even the world was 2D sprites.

Back in 1998 we were all excited when EQ was announced because it was using polygons like the cutting edge shooters. It was marketed everywhere as the first massively multiplayer online role playing game with a 3D world.

Meridian 59 was the first graphical MMO. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, and things are no always phrased in the correct manner. Meridian was about as 3D as the Bards Tale.
You came in and corrected me and then expect me not to explain my position or I am in the wrong? Please.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 13:27 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 10:26:
It's groundhog day just with a sci-fi war... nothing can go wrong with that In fact, I wondered for a while after Groundhog day why there weren't mere "alikes" released. The idea fits perfectly in a slightly longer more spread out time loop where something is actually at stake...

Not gonna go into a cinema for it, but I'll watch it at some point...

Groundhog Day itself wasn't an original story, and the time loop premise has been done to death in sci-fi shows and literature. Shockingly, Philip K Dick did a time loop story in 1975. (Did this guy ever not hit a single trope being used in sci-fi tv and movies today?)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 13:21 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 09:53:
Ugh cracked.com and their dumb lists.

Cruise may be a nutter but Oblivion was way better than it deserved to be with that weird script. At least he keeps doing interesting projects.

Yeah, sorry Cracked. People have been "predicting" another video game crash since the first. Not likely to happen.

And Cruise is a complete nutter, but man he picks good movies to star in. Of course, many actors are bug-nuts crazy. But, you know, a whole religion created by an ex-con writer that has actors as its top tier members, what do you expect? Logic? hahahahahaha. You are number six.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2013, 13:02 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:47:
Last time I checked, Xbox was profitable (at least until the Xbox One)

Nope. A bunch of articles about that came out earlier this year. They make nothing from the Xbox division.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2013, 12:35 Agent.X7

4K goes mainstream, lol. They have a very different idea of mainstream than most people. Sure, you can now buy cheaper 4K monitors. To run your games at that resolution, yeah. not so cheap.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

81. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 12, 2013, 01:26 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 19:26:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 19:20:
I beta tested EQ. It was the first 3d MMO to market.

Meridian 59 generally gets that honor.

Except that Meridian 59 was not a true 3D game, but rather sprite based like Doom. EQ was the first MMO to use polygons and textures, so they were the first true 3D MMO.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 01:20 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:17:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 14:22:
I loved it, but I can watch Honest Trailers about anything. This one wasn't all that funny though. I think it's one of the first HTs that I just thought fell flat.

I thought this one was pretty funny. The Home Alone one fell flat for me.

Aw, see, I thought that one was funny.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > SteamOS on Friday
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2013, 01:16 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 00:57:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 23:13:
Shit, games are the only reason most of us use Windows anyway.

I think most is an over-statement.

Any Bluesers manage to snag a beta slot?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2013, 19:21 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 16:14:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 15:22:
Global warming is unpaused and stuck on fast forward, new research shows.

Our kids are so fcked.

But not the kids of conservatives though. Because apparently none of it is real anyway. But you can find them hanging out with ostriches, with their heads stuck in the sand, so you can ask them yourself.

bi-partisan bullshit incoming! Run for your lives!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

65. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 19:20 Agent.X7

Got an invite to the beta. Deleted it. Still zero interest in this as a sub game.

I beta tested EQ. It was the first 3d MMO to market. Those graphics were pretty amazing at the time. They were not really going for cartoony for most of the artwork. (Larry Elmore did a lot of artwork for them)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 18:35 Agent.X7

The really funny part was when Bad Company 2 launched they had some pretty annoying bugs that they finally fixed, only to have those EXACT SAME BUGS show up in battlefield 3. Then they showed up again in BF4.

Hello? This is your engine. Can you not figure out how you got rid of these same bugs before? Did you not document it?

I'm enjoying BF4, but it has some scream worthy issues sometimes. Like, I cannot log into my server from my house. I can play on it from work, but not home. I used to be able to, but the China Rising dropped and poof, gone like magic.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 15:57 Agent.X7

Battlefield has always had shit server browsers. They never learned to make a decent one. At least back in the day you could use Gamespy to find a 1942 server. back when Gamespy was a good browser.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2182 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo