Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2254 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 2, 2014, 18:52 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2014, 12:10:
PS4s still available at amazon. Have been since Friday, I think...

Yeah, even mys tore has them now. We've finally reached the point where supply is catching up to demand.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison
30. Re: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison Feb 2, 2014, 01:26 Agent.X7

Re: Voice commands

Curious tonight, so I plugged in the cheap mic/earpiece that came with the PS4 and lo and behold the voice commands work if you have that plugged in.

Wow, I thought. Cool.

Then I unplugged it and will probably never use voice commands again.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
54. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2014, 23:48 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 19:57:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 19:43:
/deleted - went on a big long spin - no one cares.

Make things legal, let people take whatever they want, but it will take a TON of legislation to deal with the destruction that it causes. No one cares if shit bird drug addict does xyz to themselves, but they disrupt A LOT a long the way and the destruction is a large swath far and wide.....we will pay for it as a whole - the money for the "drug war" will just be money for the "fix me war".....

I don't have the answers. I have great solutions that no one likes. There will be a time when people will say enough is enough.....we will have enough victims that they will be loud one day....until then, turds will be turds and continue to be turds cause jail is not big deal.

The "1%" problem is growing...

It's not worth it.
The libertarian "it should be legal, what, because some people may have an issue it isn't?" argument is an idiotic one. It doesn't actually address why something should be legal, just why it shouldn't be illegal.

And it runs into huge flaws because it's only used for something that individual wants to be legal. You can easily find things illegal that they happily agree shouldn't be legal, without them realizing the logic they're applying is solely personal opinion.

You're right, it's not worth discussing with someone who is closed off to facts. No matter what facts are portrayed, there is a century of media brainwashing to overcome that some people just can't get over.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

49. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2014, 17:32 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 16:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 1, 2014, 15:31:
Sure. If you let it, almost anything can fuck up your life. But you know whose problem that is? YOURS. Making things illegal doesn't change that, it just makes problems for other people.

The problem is that YOUR problem becomes MY PROBLEM then infringes on my FREEDOMS and LIBERTIES, per definition. I just don't understand the idea of "well just open up everything for everyone" - people can't even handle what is legal, and you want to open up Pandora's box to a gamut of garbage......

But that's the Chicken Little argument people use for EVERYTHING. OMG, if people are allowed to carry guns there will be blood running in the streets! Hasn't happened. OMG, if the assault weapon ban runs out murders will skyrocket! Murder rates actually dropped. OMG, if we legalize drugs EVRERYONE will use them and the country will go to hell. None of the countries that have decriminalized drugs have shown this to be true. There's a slight increase during the first couple of months, and then a sharp drop in usage.

HIV, street crimes, drug related deaths and usage all dropped by almost half when Portugal decriminalized drugs. The rate of people seeking treatment for drug addiction rose by over 50%. That means less people on drugs and more people seeking help for the addictions they have.

I don't understand the "people can't even handle what is legal" argument. Sure, people the police deal with. Not everyone. Not even most people. I have many guns, I have never killed or shot anybody. I drink alcohol, I've never driven drunk or become an alcoholic. (Which I know about first hand since my father has been one since before I was born.) You cannot punish the many for the problems of the few.

And yes, when people with problems effect other people, then they are infringing on other peoples' rights. And then YOU, as an officer of the law, arrest them for their stupidity. Same way it works now. Some crazy idiot runs down the street naked waving a shotgun they get arrested; Drunk, stoned, high on crack, it's the same thing. Except maybe if drugs were legal we wouldn't let that asshole back on the streets so that we can find his dealer, then use the dealer to find his source, etc. And maybe since the prison population would have a sharp decline, we could stop letting murders and rapists out to jail non-violent offenders.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2014, 17:40.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

47. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2014, 15:31 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 21:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 15:49:
Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 15:24:
Hahaha, never gets old, Blue. Love it! I should order some checks just so I can do that in stores.

All natch drugs like weed, shrooms, peyote, et al. should be legal and everyone knows it. And while I agree with the hard shit like coke and smack being illegal - except for medical uses - I don't think they should be prison offenses either.

Coca leaves are actually really good for a variety of things. Cocaine is a concentrated extract which can be, and is, used in minor surgeries. There's really no reason for it to be illegal other than the objection to drug use recreationally.

Coke has fucked up - and continues to do so - a lot of peoples lives. Not as bad as horse, but still up there. I've know many people it's been a major problem for. I went through a heavy coke phase back in the early 90s. Just glad I got through it relatively unscathed. What a waste of money.

Sure. If you let it, almost anything can fuck up your life. But you know whose problem that is? YOURS. Making things illegal doesn't change that, it just makes problems for other people.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

46. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2014, 15:27 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 20:32:
Uh, prohibition era?

Being demonized and being illegal aren't the same thing. See weed.

What? Dude, you are really not familiar with prohibition era history, are you? Alcohol was most certainly demonized. That's how they got the government to amend the constitution. They pretty much blamed everything wrong with the country at the time on alcohol. Google some prohibition era posters.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Feb 1, 2014, 15:16 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 20:39
uinto would be pretty good as 47 IMHO, but this:

[quote="Agent.X7"Jan 31, 2014, 19:03:

Blue, Quinto is starring in the movie, but the Hitman role is being played by Rupert Friend, from Homeland.

I liked Olyphant, too bad they didn't keep him on. He's such a badass.

I'm not familiar with Rupert Friend (I don't recognise him from season 1 of Homeland and I didn't see what the fuss was about and stopped watching). Apparently Paul Walker was going to be in the role; I'm only familiar with him from the Fast and Furious stuff but I can't picture him as 47 at all.
I stopped after season 1 too. I just read his IMDB. I watched Homeland because I love Damien Lewis from Band of Brothers and Life, and his wife in the show was on Firefly and Stargate SG-1. But I agree, didn't see why it was so lauded.

Walker would have been weird as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 31, 2014, 19:03 Agent.X7

Blue, Quinto is starring in the movie, but the Hitman role is being played by Rupert Friend, from Homeland.

I liked Olyphant, too bad they didn't keep him on. He's such a badass.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 16:58 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 16:46:
Alcohol can be used responsibly

... as a disinfectant. It would really be interesting to see alcohol as demonized as every other explicitly harmful drug.

Uh, prohibition era?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 16:57 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 16:26:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 15:42:
It basically destroyed the illicit drug market in that city b/c no one could compete with the gov't on price.

And you think that all the bad guys are just going to shrug and be like "Well, shit, guess I better go get a real job then?"

When prohibition ended, organized crime turned to illicit drugs. Wherre will they go when prohibition ends again? Who knows. Whatever else we leave illegal.

Of course, a lot of the criminals during prohibition were simply bartenders who refused to comply, who went right back to being legal workers when prohibition ended.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 16:43 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 16:10:
There was an experiment in Liverpool in the 90s. All drugs could be obtained by prescription if A) the person registered with the gov't. B) they attended a once-weekly narcotics anonymous meeting. The drugs were clean, cost the users $5 a month or some pittance, etc. The result: theft dropped by half, prostitution by 2/3s, etc. etc. It basically destroyed the illicit drug market in that city b/c no one could compete with the gov't on price. Why we can't have a sensible conversation about drug laws and illegality in this country is so frustrating. At least we're getting somewhere with the legalization of MJ in CO and WA.

What about the long term effects on the body, addiction, need more over time to have same effect, people driving around on narcotics, people working on narcotics, etc etc etc.

I read the price of MJ in CO a couple weeks ago, and isn't like 2x-3x more than the black market? Not sure how that is going to pan out. It is an experiment, and I am glad I don't live there. It will be ineteresting that is for sure.

It will kickstart all sorts of rules at work, laws, etc etc into what will be considered legal and what wont. (and even spawn some serious privacy issues) For instance. At work, we don't have random checks but the city public works has random weekly checks. It is a lottery. Your name comes up, go pee in a cup. I am sure employers in CO are battling with all sorts of issues.....again....glad I don't live/work in CO or WA.

But, if we get in a critical incident, we go to the hospital and draw blood. No questions asked. (which is why I took time off from work when I was taking the meds)

Substitute ALCOHOL every time you typed NARCOTICS and you can see where we are going. Alcohol can be used responsibly, and it can be abused. I would never say it is OK for people to go driving on any sort of medication or drug that effects their ability to do so safely. There's also a reason public intoxication is illegal in most places. But, making something defacto illegal does not work, period. Full stop.

Prostitution, drugs, gambling - these things have been around since the beginnings of the human race. You cannot stop people from doing them, so maybe it's best to let people choose for themselves (which they do anyway) and not punish the rest of us for it. 100 years ago the only argument against drugs was race. Chinese used opium, blacks and Mexicans used cocaine and pot, and then we started punishing them for it, and here we are 100 years later taxing the shit out of everyone to pay for a war that will NEVER end. The social ramifications are astounding. To think that making these things legal once again will lead to more use is a fallacy. In every case where drugs have been made legal, there is a short term spike in usage where people who would have used but were too afraid of the consequences try it out, and then the usage rates actually DECLINE overall.

Meanwhile the crushing grip that organized crime has on the market falls away, crime decreases exponentially, and everyone wins except maybe the busybody jerks that can't keep their noses out of other peoples' business.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 15:49 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 15:24:
Hahaha, never gets old, Blue. Love it! I should order some checks just so I can do that in stores.

All natch drugs like weed, shrooms, peyote, et al. should be legal and everyone knows it. And while I agree with the hard shit like coke and smack being illegal - except for medical uses - I don't think they should be prison offenses either.

Coca leaves are actually really good for a variety of things. Cocaine is a concentrated extract which can be, and is, used in minor surgeries. There's really no reason for it to be illegal other than the objection to drug use recreationally.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
16. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 15:22 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 12:28:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 12:18:
Zyrxil wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 11:45:
necrosis wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 11:01:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 09:27:
Best of luck, it sounded like a great story and premise, dragged down by crappy console gameplay design.

What I read, you need a controller to play otherwise get ready to be frustrated. Since I don't use a controller ... ever, there's no way I'm paying more than $5 or $10 bucks for poorly designed controls. There's a enough frustration in the world, without paying someone to frustrate me.
I will second this. Got it on PC at launch and the the fighting later in the game is maddening with KB&M.

How is it maddening? It's a 2 button light/heavy attack scheme. It's hardly the most complex of combat systems.

Anyway, the game is pretty much a boredom sandwich of terrible gameplay with (rare) really cool memory remix sequences.

It was maddening because they give you all these combos that you cannot pull off without being interrupted by being attacked. You basically have to keep hitting light attack forever. It wasn't like Batman where you can work things into a continuous attack pattern by throwing in counters. (Although I find the Arkham combat boring as shit too.)

That's not really true at all. As in Arkham, positioning and crowd control is key. Separating and/or stunning your enemies so you have time to beat up individual ones is how you pull off the longer combos.

For what it's worth, I didn't think Remember Me was that bad. The combat and traversal were pretty mediocre but the setting was interesting and the memory remixes were interesting. For $10, the game is definitely worth a look.

That's your opinion, but I have played all the Arkham games long enough to get a feel for them and I had no trouble in combat. Remember me was annoying in combat.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 31, 2014, 15:20 Agent.X7

EricFate wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 13:26:
Is there a separate fund somewhere we can donate to in order to make Brad McQuaid STOP making games?

I just don't think he understands that a lot of MMO gamers do not want to sit in a queue for hours on end waiting for things. That's not a game, it's just boring. If I have to fire up another game on another system to keep me occupied while I am "playing" your game, you lost me.

The gamers that sunk 24 hours at a stretch into EQ are either still playing EQ or they grew up and have other things that occupy a large portion of their time. Games like that will be - at best - niche products now.

And the developers that are quoted as saying we haven't seen a game like this yet: LOL.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 15:09 Agent.X7

My commentary isn't directed at Bats at all. He's right, the system as written isn't hard to understand. It's the reasoning behind the system and the actual goal of the system that makes no sense.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 14:20 Agent.X7

And before anybody accuses me of being a user that wants drugs legalized so I can get them easier: I don't do drugs. I have severe anxiety about drugs, and even taking Advil is a last resort for me.

I simply believe in freedom and personal responsibility.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2014, 14:09 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 13:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 12:24:
InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:53:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:17:
InBlack wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 10:07:
Holy fucking shit, you gotta be kidding me, so Marijuana, LSD and MDMA are Schedule I drugs. Cocaine, Opium, and Meth are Schedule II. Well now there you have it. I have to admit that I didnt know that, but it makes sense I guess in a twisted, paranoid, fucked up greedy way.

If you research and fully understand the schedules, it makes perfect sense.

Is that a nicer way of telling me that I'm ignorant?? Well since they teach you all that at cop school I guess, how bout explaining to me why there is a ban on research of Schedule I drugs, unlike the drugs listed under Schedule II??

http://www.rsdhope.org/schedule-or-classes-of-drugs.html

Most important part of that very short info is:
The main difference between a Schedule, or Class, 1 and 2 is whether or not the drug is deemed to have a valid medical application.

Don't need "cop school" to look it up and have very general knowledge about why one this is "ok" and one isn't. Now it should make perfect sense.

(cop school part: Those are federal schedules, but states just adopt the same schedules)

It still makes no sense at all. How the fuck is anyone supposed to determine whether a drug has valid medical applications if research is banned on said drug??

The schedules are really based on how much hate we had for the racial group using said drug at the time.

Marijuana, Heroin, and cocaine ALL have valid medical uses, despite what the feds would have you believe. In fact, doctors begged the government NOT to ban heroin (diamorphine), as it was a stronger painkiller than morphine per dose, and it takes less time to be effective. Being that one dose of heroin is equal to about 3 doses of morphine in effectiveness, chronic addiction takes longer to develop in patients.

But guess what? ALL of our early drug laws were based on racism, and those dirty Chinese used opium, so they had to be outlawed. The Harrison Act taxed and set licenses to sell opium, which they then basically refused to give to anyone. Our drug laws were deemed unconstitutional at one time, but just like every thing else the Fed wrangled them in under "interstate commerce" and basically told everyone to fuck off about it being illegal.

I did a ton of research on this the first time I was in college. If people understood just how much shit the Fed was doing that they really have absolutely no legal right to do...well, people are basically sheep and they'd probably do what they do now. Nothing.

Also, if you look it up, you will find that doctors in the UK can prescribe diamorphine still. So clearly - medical use.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 31, 2014, 12:21 Agent.X7

This game looks so horrible.

The kickstarter video where they mention it's group based like 1000 times in the span of 12 minutes. Yeah, we get it, you're remaking EQ. Have fun with that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
10. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 12:18 Agent.X7

Zyrxil wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 11:45:
necrosis wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 11:01:
Acleacius wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 09:27:
Best of luck, it sounded like a great story and premise, dragged down by crappy console gameplay design.

What I read, you need a controller to play otherwise get ready to be frustrated. Since I don't use a controller ... ever, there's no way I'm paying more than $5 or $10 bucks for poorly designed controls. There's a enough frustration in the world, without paying someone to frustrate me.
I will second this. Got it on PC at launch and the the fighting later in the game is maddening with KB&M.

How is it maddening? It's a 2 button light/heavy attack scheme. It's hardly the most complex of combat systems.

Anyway, the game is pretty much a boredom sandwich of terrible gameplay with (rare) really cool memory remix sequences.

It was maddening because they give you all these combos that you cannot pull off without being interrupted by being attacked. You basically have to keep hitting light attack forever. It wasn't like Batman where you can work things into a continuous attack pattern by throwing in counters. (Although I find the Arkham combat boring as shit too.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison
26. Re: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison Jan 30, 2014, 23:37 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 20:23:
Oh good, 22 posts before the idiot use of "white-knighting."
A word only a certain type of person uses, and one that's become very popular.

Note "idiot use" not "idiot used," because the poster using it in this case isn't an idiot, unlike nearly every other use on this board (mostly by banned posters.)

I use it because I find it relevant. Women do not need men to champion their cause, they do it just fine on their very own. I find it ironic that the very men complaining about the lack of strong females think that females are not strong enough to stand up for themselves.

I might not have even mentioned it if it were your normal scantily clad video game vixen designed more to sell the game based on blatant sex appeal, but my God, claiming that a woman who is in shape wearing a tight fitting tank top is designed to sell the game based on sex? Come on. I have seen plenty of women out hiking wearing similar outfits. Are they showing off their bodies or wearing clothing that keeps them cool or that they like? Who gives a shit. All I know is they certainly don't need me or anybody else criticizing or defending them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2254 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo