Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2175 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 13:31 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:25:
So we are starting to "thaw" here in Minneapolis, to the point where you can go outside without dying - and I was going to mention something I forgot about 2 days ago.

Have other metropolitan areas started going to this slurry/liquid based stuff to put on the road like they have here? I was noticing the other day as I was driving around, that there is a base temp that the stuff is no longer effective. They say somewhere around 5 degrees F it quits working. Well, no put that at -10, and the roads turned into a fuggin ice rink! It was hilarious! I wonder if people who wrecked their cars are going to sue. It was insane. Every 40-50 feet on the highway and overpasses there were skid marks and tons of debris where you could see where people hit the highwall....unreal....morons running the world....

LOL. So, throwing warm water on your window to get rid of the ice - that's the stupid level you're dealing with? I mean, slurry that stops working at 5 degrees would be great for, like, The Carolinas, Georgia maybe?

Minneapolis? Dude, you need to find out who made that decision and arrest them for criminal stupidity.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2014, 13:22 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:11:
Image and video tags might be a good addition. Apart from that it's all good.

And that accent story is weird. Imagine being the woman who woke up with a Chinese accent. Damn man! Everyone would think you're just a huge racist asshole. You'd have to learn Mandarin or Cantonese and then tell everyone you're from China. I'd like to wake up with a German accent and start speaking like Colonel Klink.

I just read an article about genetic memory yesterday - I guess they think they found something in the genome - so it's interesting to read about this lady who had a head injury and started speaking like her ancestors. (Wish I could find that article, a search turned up nothing from yesterday...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 8, 2014, 17:34 Agent.X7

Don't Starve is HARD! I'm having fun, but I have died a ton of times.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
22. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 00:33 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 23:22:
Sound Blaster Z, it was on sale for $60 a couple months ago but runs ~85-100 on the norm.

Second this. Have one. Replaced an older SB card. Sounds great, and the mic is cool.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Russia Orders Drop 'Pirate' Jan 8, 2014, 00:29 Agent.X7

The Jack Sparrow Party

There's a Captain in there, mate.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
7. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 8, 2014, 00:26 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 23:32:
Grr, that sucks. Oh well, hope it's worth the wait.

Agreed. So looking forward to this, but I'd rather it came out late and wowed us rather than released early and shit the bed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Multiplayer Shooter Evolve Revealed
5. Re: Multiplayer Shooter Evolve Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 19:24 Agent.X7

Task wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 16:38:
The cover for Evolve, showing the monster holding astronaut marine person, reminds me of the second book in the Leviathan series, Caliban's War.

Dunno, read those on Kindle.

What i find funny is if you look at the cover and then scroll down to the alien picture...yeah, what a shocker! The design is a complete rip of Geiger's Alien.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
43. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 18:36 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 18:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 18:03:
Krovven wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 17:41:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 14:40:
Looks promising but so did Colonial Marines. That being said, 20th Century Fox should sue Gearbox for damaging the ALIEN franchise.

And who is going to sue Fox for damaging the Alien franchise with Aliens 4, AvP and AvP2 movies?

For me it's Alien and Aliens and then the series was done. Same with Terminator.

Besides, after Aliens more than half of all sci-fi movie pitches started out with "It's like Aliens, but..."

Just like Die Hard did with action films.

Unfortunately, most of those pitches should have ended with "...but it sucks."

It's like Die Hard, except it's on a boat, and the main character is a woman, and...IT SUCKS!

Well, OK, most of the Aliens ones are more like:

It's like Aliens, except it takes plac eon this other planet, and a ship, and it has these creatures, and these guys with guns...no, wait, you're right, it's pretty much Aliens...but it SUCKS!

Agreed. The first AvP game though was fucking excellent. Too bad that the movie was a PG13 cashgrab piece of shit...

Yup, the first game was awesome. The Dark Horse comics weren't too bad either. The movie ignored any and all source material and was horrible.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

41. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 18:03 Agent.X7

Krovven wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 17:41:
TangledThorns wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 14:40:
Looks promising but so did Colonial Marines. That being said, 20th Century Fox should sue Gearbox for damaging the ALIEN franchise.

And who is going to sue Fox for damaging the Alien franchise with Aliens 4, AvP and AvP2 movies?

For me it's Alien and Aliens and then the series was done. Same with Terminator.

Besides, after Aliens more than half of all sci-fi movie pitches started out with "It's like Aliens, but..."

Just like Die Hard did with action films.

Unfortunately, most of those pitches should have ended with "...but it sucks."

It's like Die Hard, except it's on a boat, and the main character is a woman, and...IT SUCKS!

Well, OK, most of the Aliens ones are more like:

It's like Aliens, except it takes plac eon this other planet, and a ship, and it has these creatures, and these guys with guns...no, wait, you're right, it's pretty much Aliens...but it SUCKS!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions
8. Re: SOE Considering Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 15:13 Agent.X7

Alamar wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:01:
I don't think I've ever subscribed to an SOE game, but didn't they have this a while back, but it was $20, or $30?

I like this current plan though; I'm intending to look at EQN, and I'm hopeful it'll be the first EQ that I put in more than a week on : )

-Alamar

I thought EQN was going to be sub free?

EDIT: Just looked it up. EQN is sub free. Why would I pay a sub for it? Also, isn;t PS2 sub free as well? Do you just get extra stuff for letting them charge you every month?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 15:12 Agent.X7

No. No. NO. NonononononononononononononNONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just stop, people. What was the last good Alien/Aliens game you played? I mean, it was over a decade ago, right? The trailers ALWAYS look good, and the game is always shit. Don't fall for it again!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
21. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 7, 2014, 00:08 Agent.X7

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:03:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:35:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:23:

Valve has already said there won't be any exclusives, even if they did try to do HL3 as an exclusive people would play HL3 and then ditch the OS and go back to Windows.

I don't see this as a reason to ditch Windows as a desktop OS and have no interest in PC gaming in the living room.

I'd disagree. wasn't it the case when HL2 required Steam that everybody chose Steam to eventually be the dominant/leading platform for digital distribution? if HL3 was exclusive to SteamOS it could be adopted as a main platform for gamers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Valve made HL3/L4D3 exclusive to Steam Machine/SteamOS. history can repeat itself. they may say there won't be exclusives but things can always change. the only way for mass adoption is for exclusivity rights, and that's what Microsoft is trying to do with Xbox One for digital TV shows and movies.

I don't know if I'm the exception but I do a lot of stuff with my PC besides gaming and having to install and maintain another OS just to play a few exclusive games isn't something I'm interested in. It would be a hassle for not much benefit to me.

Same.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Paul Walker Jan 4, 2014, 16:43 Agent.X7

Urg, I was hoping they wouldn't retire him. We all know it's because he is dead in real life, so let him go out in a blaze of glory saving Dom or Mia. It's just unbelievable that someone who spent so many movies with that family would suddenly never be seen with them again. Well, I retired form that life. Even if Dom really needs help in a life or death situation...nah, I'm retired. Blah.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2014, 15:05 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 14:39:
BobBob wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 14:25:
Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 14:10:
How much does your house cost? For what size?

I never discuss how much I make or spend. Let's just say I am extremely cheap in most things other than business, investments and living space.

That's not what I was getting at. Sure, you have nice weather. I'm fairly certain a house equivalent to mine also costs half a million dollars more in SoCal as compared to where I live. For that half a million, I'll put up with some cold weather and a few months of miserable heat each year.

But hey, you could move to Hawaii where the cost of living is sky high and the price of a tiny, one bedroom home is around $450,000. (Went there, looked into living costs, laughed.)

If you really want to live on an island, there are plenty of cheaper alternatives.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2014, 14:24 Agent.X7

Fucking. Snow.

And -25 windchill.

Cannot wait to move back to NC.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2014, 12:17 Agent.X7

1badmf wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 02:23:
nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:40:
1badmf wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 17:50:
cloud atlas i thought was pretentious crap. a visual marvel, but a story tied together by nothing more than lucky coincidence.

It's funny you use that phrase, as I thought (and maybe this is just me) the point was that nothing was a coincidence. That everything was happening for a reason, and that what had happened before might happen again.

I need to rewatch it again, it's been awhile and I'm a little fuzzy on the details...

no that was the point, i just thought it was made quite poorly. i know there was supposed to be some unifying force or thread tying together all the stories, but it was never made clear what it was or how it worked, which just leaves it up to fate which i absolutely don't believe in. thus the only remaining explanation is lucky chance which is no story at all to me.

Quantum entanglement.

It's a story, which by definition does not need to be possible to be entertaining.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
8. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 11:58 Agent.X7

Is it really worth a prison sentence to piss off a bunch of gamers? They always think that they won;t be caught, and they are almost always caught.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2014, 23:54 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 21:04:
Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:51:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:27:
Also, CAN'T FUCKING WAIT to watch the new Sherlock. Cumberbatch and Freeman are such huge stars now, it's amazing this got made at all. Not sure if we'll see a season 4.

Huge stars? Where? I know the one guy was in the new Star Trek but that's all I know. Huge star is when you say a name like Pitt or Clooney. See, I even though you were talking about the new Downey/Law flick.

And yes, the Wachowski brother and sister suck.

Let's see, Cumberbatch had major or starring roles this year in:
- The Hobbit
- Fifth Estate
- Star Trek: ID
- 12 Years a Slave

Freeman:
- The Hobbit (as Bilbo)
- The World's End
- Svengali

So, yeah, I'd say they're both huge stars now, to the point that they've outgrown TV. They do both adore Moffat's writing and the characters, though, so there's hope that Sherlock will continue.

Outgrown TV? What is this, the 90s?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
40. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 16:17 Agent.X7

Panickd wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:39:
Fantaz wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:09:
Panickd wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:56:
Why? If you bought it before it was pulled you still own it and can still download it anytime. They're just not selling new copies. And this isn't just affecting Steam. It was pulled from every digital store for every platform.

Steam has the right to remove a game from your library at any time, it's stated in the terms. we're only renting out games. it's been discussed in Blue's News comments sections on many occasions.

Redmask wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:07:
So you don't buy Xbox games either? They can be pulled the store shelves or removed from the on demand service which has happened before.

no, not from the xbox online marketplace. only get physical. and on Steam only games I play are Valve ones (because i have to).

You do realize that before long you won't be able to play any games at all if you insist on not buying via digital distribution, right? I can absolutely guarantee you that before the death of the PS4 and XBox One we will see the death of game discs sold at retail. Everything will be sold via Live or PSN for their respective consoles.

You can guarantee no such thing or you'd be the worlds first true psychic and living high on the hog instead of posting on Blues News.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
14. Re: You dont own that game! Jan 2, 2014, 12:35 Agent.X7

NamecaF wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:25:
Techie714 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:07:
What the hell is up with all these games disappearing? This is VERY concerning for Steam users. Can you imagine a world where one day EA/Activision, etc. REMOVE a game from your Steam library because you no longer have license rights to play it? That would suck!

Oh it already happened....
Steam removed "Order of War" from people who purchased it....Google it

That's what I've been saying for ages. This whole move from physical to digital where you dont own anything but rather are loaned a license which can be taken away at whim is one of the worst things to happen to gaming in recent years. Convenience is great, but at what cost?

Notes:
My distributor has thousands of copies of these games. They're not going to be unobtainable.

Many games nowadays are online only, so it doesn't matter one bit if you bought Diablo III on disc or digitally, if they shut the servers down you are done playing anyway.

You have always licensed the game. You don't own it even if you have a copy on physical media.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2175 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo