Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2346 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
41. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 13:04 Agent.X7

007Bistromath wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 09:33:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 03:21:
Smart pistol is bullshit. Period. You can defend it all you like, but we all know it's bullshit.

You are wrong. It is quite difficult to use against enemy pilots unless they are oblivious. You have to be pretty damn sneaky to use it for anything other than creep farming. It's basically what this game has instead of witchblading, and it's much more fair than that ever was.

shihonage wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 07:50:
My point was that I miss games which weren't made for idiots (COD/Titanfall), and weren't simplistic, sloppy-coded garbage(Tribes:Ascend). They had multiple paths to victory, which suffocated hackers even with working aimbots.

Titanfall is a game that introduces multiple paths to victory to team deathmatch. That you somehow hadn't noticed that proves that what Trevellian said is correct, and everything you type about Titanfall is a waste of keystrokes.

No, YOU are wrong, hur dee der de dur.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled
30. Re: Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled Mar 16, 2014, 12:59 Agent.X7

Blackhawk wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 23:16:
Tomorrow's news: Valve gets a cease-and-desist from Microsoft for using their color/labeling scheme.

Maybe if MS didn't crib it directly from Nintendo in the first place.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

40. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 12:56 Agent.X7

Cabezone wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 10:29:
If you are getting killed regularly by the smart pistol, you do suck at the game. It takes ages for the thing to lock on, it's only good for ambushing pilots and killing grunts. It's just a beginner weapon that helps people get into the game, that's it.

Can I be cool liek all the kids and just scream WRONG!

I disagree. I have tried out the smart pistol and whipped the shit out of everybody with it. It locks on pretty damn fast, and the entire middle of the screen is one giant killzone. Added bonus - it fires just as fast as a sub gun without locking on an does more damage! Yeah!

Fanboi defense away!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

39. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 12:51 Agent.X7

Trevellian wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 07:42:
"I suck at the game and im going to cry hacks." That's all I got out of the last few posts. Keep making up excuses for yourselves. There will always be someone better than you. Especially people who have been playing COD for years and are already used to the aiming mechanics in this game because of it. Get over it. I place in the top 3 almost 75% of my games played (this is a stat you can look up in game BTW) and probably about 30% of those placings were MVP. In all that time I have MAYBE been suspicious of ONE person for hacking. But apparently you guys run into them regularly. I find that incredibly difficult to believe.

If you don't like the game. That's fine. Don't like it. But dont make up bullshit like "everyone else is hacking" because you suck as a reason to give to other people. Its pretty pathetic. And this isn't the only game I've seen people do this with here. Just stop.

Blah blah blah, I THINK I'M AWESOME. That's all I got out of your bullshit. Respawn has admitted there are a ton of cheaters right now, so piss off.

Also, I rarely complain about cheating in games. I recognize that people are better than me, and I laugh when everyone in BF4 whines about this guy or that guy cheating. No, they're probably just better than you.

However, I have watched people in Titanfall cross an entire map in a split second, and have seen a bunch of people popping headshots with pistols and subguns from across the map with regularity. Like, every kill.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2014, 13:03.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2014, 03:26 Agent.X7

Deathhead wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 00:10:
Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 19:56:
How is it gouging? What's 10% of $400? Couple that with more expensive shipping costs, tariffs, etc. and it's a wonder they haven't bumped it a full $100 and MS along with them. Whatevs just another reason not to go console in the first place. Like you need anymore to begin with.

Right cause it only effects consoles ....
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131568
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131568

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130948
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130948

Right about 10% .. although shipping is twice as expensive in Canada.

Dear Canada,

Fuck you for pretty much no reason.

Signed,
The Rest of the World. (Except Australia, fuck them too!)

PS - But don't stop exporting maple syrup, that shit is the bomb!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2014, 03:25 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 16:41:
What the hell is it with stupid Metal Gear names? "Revengeance?" "Ground Zeroes?"

Ucrazy

Japan, man. Have you not noticed how fucking weird some of the shit coming out of that country is? I mean, you can buy dildos from a vending machine on the street there. The weird names Hideo comes up with got nothing on Anime or Manga.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 03:21 Agent.X7

Game engine is really not optimized for PC. Runs great sometimes, sometimes choppy on the same map later on.

NVidia driver issues, according to Respawn, anyway - randomly all the textures turn into an acid trip and you have to close out and restart the game to get it to go away.

Smart pistol is bullshit. Period. You can defend it all you like, but we all know it's bullshit.

Matchmaking - yeah, it sucks. Hey, the militia is a team of noobs, and the other guys are are level 27+. Shockingly, we (militia) kept losing every map.

I played. I "beat" the campaign (mostly by losing every map), I tried a few multiplayer modes. Even at level 24, I am getting slaughtered by hackers and people using the smart pistol. (And hackers using the smart pistol, which is just fucking ludicrous.) I still maintain that the maps feel friggin' empty unless you absolutely stick to a small area where everyone tends to congregate.

For my time, I will still be playing BF4 multi, even though that could be greatly improved as well. (Mostly I've been playing Zelda on my 3DS this weekend.) Bring on Metal Gear and Infamous!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 15, 2014, 14:15 Agent.X7

Got an email from Amazon stating that my 2014 membership payment would still be $79 and that the $99 for existing members doesn't start until 2015.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 14, 2014, 21:25 Agent.X7

BFV was great...until they patched it to "improve performance" on some maps and made most of the maps unplayably laggy.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters
49. Re: Respawn Chasing Titanfall Cheaters Mar 13, 2014, 20:22 Agent.X7

IF you are encountering cheaters. LOL. It's not IF. Every game I have played so far has had at least one guy cheating his ass off. It's pretty obvious stuff - speedhacks and aimbot. Nothing like being repeatedly headshot across the map with the sub gun.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 13, 2014, 20:10 Agent.X7

Did they mention how anything over 1080p cuts your HUD off? Or the acid jazz texture replacement that keeps happening?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall PC Connection Issues Fixed
11. Re: Titanfall PC Connection Issues Fixed Mar 12, 2014, 22:49 Agent.X7

*slaps self in face*

And I wound up with a copy of Titanfall. Apparently MS is really pushing this, since our distributor got copies to give out on both PC and Xbone.

Was not going to buy, bu free? Well, shit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 14:46 Agent.X7

TangledThorns wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 09:20:
This has to be the most over-hyped game ever.

Got it in one. They need this game to help their console, so they need you playing it. I went in with an open mind and decided I thought it just wasn't that good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
37. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 00:54 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:55:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 22:23:
Total Biscuit seems to like it
Of course he also have a few negative points, especially about the campaign mode, graphics, and a few other things.

"Merely great, poor us, we have to make due with merely great."
"Titanfall is totally awesome."

His closing remarks.
I don't really watch videos like this, it's 30 minutes of time I'd rather play something. These "Let's Play" things are just beyond me for that reason. I have enough crap to play that I don't need to spend 30 minutes watching someone else play something to see if it's good or not. That gets determined pretty well over the first week or three regardless.

You are not alone. I cannot fathom watching someone else play. I want to be the one playing. Then again, I can't watch sports on TV for the same reason.

The amount of kids that come into my store thinking they are going to get rich and famous by posting let's plays astounds me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall
13. Re: New GeForce Drivers for Titanfall Mar 11, 2014, 00:49 Agent.X7

Played the beta for a few hours. Going to pass. It feels too new COD for me. I liked the older Modern Warfare 1 and 2, but then it got stupid. This is in line with MW3 and Black Ops.

Also, big maps, tiny player limit. And you can so tell AI from players because they are stupid bowling pins to shoot while you wander around wondering where the fuck everyone is.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Preorders Get Level 90 Boost Now
3. Re: Warlords of Draenor Preorders Get Level 90 Boost Now Mar 11, 2014, 00:41 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:01:
What happened Blizzard? You used to be cool.

Refusal to update. I know they don't want to split the player base, but there are a lot of us who just are tired of playing the same game that is now almost 10 years old. And this expansion is so uninspired that I cannot even force myself to think about buying it. (Never finished Pandaria either...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2014, 18:34 Agent.X7

Aw, not Wild Bill! I met him at a gunshow a couple of years back. We're slowly losing all the heroes.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 20:37 Agent.X7

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:07:
It's not the tech, it's the person using it.

That sounds suspiciously like "Guns don't kill people; people kill people." Look I get the whole "the world changes and you have to be able to adapt to change" bit but that doesn't mean that it's not a worthwhile to question to ask if the world is changing for the better. You aren't going to be able to evaluate whether technology is actually improving your life if you don't take a step back from it every now and then.

Also I'm surprised you didn't notice the irony of calling people using their phone while walking stupid, and then demanding that you not be judged for using you phone while at dinner with your wife.

If you cannot tell the difference between looking at a screen while walking and looking at a screen while stationary, you are beyond my capacity to help you understand.

Also, shockingly, guns do not kill people all by their lonesome. You know, being inanimate objects and all.

Re: Verno's comment - Yeah man, I don't let my phone go off in a restaurant like that. I actually asked a family behind us last night to please turn down their son's 3DS that he was playing at max volume. People don't seem to care that other people have the same right to enjoy themselves and don't want your noises intruding on them. (I am drilling this into my young daughter on a daily basis.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 14:12 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 03:31:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:20:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:47:
Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 02:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:12:
I always thought it would be ultra cool for Neo to wake up after he "died" in the third one and realize that the reality being sold to them was actually still the Matrix.

The stupid thing is, this is what they implicitly implied when Neo suddenly gets the power to stop the squid things at the end of Matrix II while he's outside the Matrix. I was utterly convinced that that, combined with the Architect's speech, just meant that while everyone in Zion thought they were out of the Matrix, they were just in sort of a DMZ, kept away from the docile sheep in the rest of the system.

If you all haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie The Thirteenth Floor. As well as Dark City (bonus: directors cut!), filmed around the same time as the first matrix, and I believe used some of the same sets, hence they look similar.

Saw that one. Also very good. There was also another movie out around the same time that had people in VR games and crazy reality twists, but I forget the name.

eXistenZ

It is kind of interesting that 3 of the movies came out in 1999 (and Dark City in 98).

Yes, that one. Thank you. I could not figure it out and had no luck Googling it. (My Google Fu was weak, noooooo!)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
21. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 14:10 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:59:
There is also this thing called reality. Not every game can be Uncharted, GTA or Call of Duty, and not every game can sell like it. Any publisher that pretends their game is going to soar to such heights, history of the franchise be damned (and Tomb Raider had never sold more than ~4 million copies), are a bunch of delusional fucking morons that, again, have no fucking clue what they are doing.

I totally agree with you Creston but if the budgets come down to more realistic levels then consumer expectations have to do so as well. We would have received a far different Tomb Raider if they had spent half of the money.

It doesn't have to be that way. A lot of "development budget" is eaten by super high salaries of management and ridiculous spending that really has nothing to do with the game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2346 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo