Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 1977 (Pro)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 00:21 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 22:37:
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/400026003101065216

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/400025979818504192

It's just legal CYA, but everyone on the net with half a clue is now freaking the fuck out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 20:35 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 17:37:
Only 8 games for ps4 out of the gate?

NES launched with 18.

/I say 8 cause some dude on Twitter posted 8 games and claimed he got them all? They are on what I can only imagine is on his bed in his mom's basement.....

Bunch of PSN games coming that actually look more fun than the BD games at the stores. I dunno, I was waiting for Watchdogs and Driveclub, so I'm still wondering what to get to test the system out.

This IGN Wiki page has them all listed. http://tinyurl.com/khsjq7j

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
22. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 10, 2013, 02:18 Agent.X7

PropheT wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 21:26:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:11:
Really? Check that link out. Cash shop. You can buy in-games pets, mounts, etc. It has been around for a long time.

There is no in-game cash shop in WoW. Why not link to Amazon or Ebay where people are selling loot cards from the card game and call it a cash shop because they have items you can get for the game? You can buy XBL avatar items and DLC from Gamestop, are they a cash shop too?

Yeah, I got nothing. You went full retard there. Game over, man. GAME OVER!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 20:11 Agent.X7

PropheT wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 17:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 13:41:
Not as ignorant as you think. WoW already has a cash shop in place, which they use to generate profits IN ADDITION to sub fees. They would literally have to turn off subscription services and just start putting more stuff on the cash shop in order to pay for the servers.

Wow doesn't have a cash shop. I think they might sell boosters in China or Korea or something like that, but the NA servers don't have anything like that.

http://tinyurl.com/q5lbhaa

Really? Check that link out. Cash shop. You can buy in-games pets, mounts, etc. It has been around for a long time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 13:41 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:33:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:23:
Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:13:
I guess we have very different ideas about what constitutes "frequent", particularly as it applies to when one pays a monthly fee for a service.

Not to mention that "have to rework the game pretty significantly to make it f2p".

There's nothing to rework, remove the price tag, done.

Christ I hope you don't run a business.

Not as ignorant as you think. WoW already has a cash shop in place, which they use to generate profits IN ADDITION to sub fees. They would literally have to turn off subscription services and just start putting more stuff on the cash shop in order to pay for the servers.

There are tons of games doing that very thing, so don't tell me WoW can't. They WON'T because, derp, they make a fuckton of money that no shareholder would approve of them giving up.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 13:38 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 12:13:
I guess we have very different ideas about what constitutes "frequent", particularly as it applies to when one pays a monthly fee for a service.

I absolutely agree with you. (Odd, I know) Compared to the updates GW2 does (every 2 weeks!) WoW is ridiculously slow to update.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
29. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 23:22 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 19:41:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:39:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:51:
Are they just out of original ideas?

I thought Pandaria WAS an original idea. No one liked it.

Anything using existing lore and people bitch that it's rehashed and lame. Anything new and people bitch that it has nothing to do with Warcraft.

No, we went to Draenor already. It was in the Burning Crusade. Of all the things we still haven't seen them bring into WoW, we get more Draenor? Come on.

And I never said Pandaria wasn't original. I never bitched about it, I actually thought it was a cool idea. I just never finished because I am so bored with WoW right now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 18:10 Agent.X7

Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:39:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:38:
After watching the trailer again, it seems to me like they pulled the A team off of WoW to work on whatever they have up their sleeve, and now we have the B team trying hard to keep WoW relevant.

Really? Heh, the Panda's didn't give you that feeling?

No, because Warcraft fans had been asking for Pandarans ever since they did the April Fools joke for Warcraft III. MoP also had a full CGI trailer when it was announced, along with a new race and class, plus a lot of expanded and new systems in the game. (pet battles, etc.)

This just looks cobbled together and rehashed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 17:38 Agent.X7

After watching the trailer again, it seems to me like they pulled the A team off of WoW to work on whatever they have up their sleeve, and now we have the B team trying hard to keep WoW relevant.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 16:51 Agent.X7

Are they just out of original ideas?

Let's go to Draenor!
Uh, guys, we did that in the first expansion.
Oh, right. Let's go back in time to the original Draenor!

Blah. And I looked at the improved character models and didn't see much of a difference. I guess I could go and look up an old model, but if I can't tell right away, then it really isn't a big enough difference to matter.

This will probably be the first expansion I don't even buy. I probably shouldn't have bought MoP either.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 14:40 Agent.X7

Blue, I have 2 words for you:

Mulching. Mower.

I have a push mower (Small lawn) that mulches into a bag. I haven't raked leaves in...well, not since I can remember. Just like mowing the lawn, except it sucks all the leaves into the bag. Then you either dump the whole thing into a mulch pile or set it out for the pickup. Wasn't too expensive either.

http://tinyurl.com/lms4uyq

We have the self-propelled one because my wife likes that, but the non-self propelled one is $100 cheaper. ($199)

Edited, because I somehow created a tiny url that pointed to tiny url. Derp.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 01:27 Agent.X7

Yup, always a few assholes crowing "Flu shots can't make you sick!"

My flu shot put me in the hospital, and the doctors that saw me would disagree with you. It doesn't matter if the virus is dead, if the shot makes you sicker than shit, then if makes you fucking sick. Period.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2013, 19:12 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 18:41:
Stupid doctors don't know shit....never gotten a flu shot, made me get one, and now I am sick as hell. Mother F-ing d-bags....

Hehe, I've had one flu shot in my life. It was free when I was working at IBM, so I said "What the hell?" and got it. I've literally never been sicker in my life, including the 2 times I had to be hospitalized for food poisoning.

I will NEVER get another flu shot. I feel your pain man. Feel better!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Deadfall Adventures Trailer
4. Re: Deadfall Adventures Trailer Nov 7, 2013, 18:59 Agent.X7

Taskeen wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 18:12:
It looked cool at first.

And then I saw Nazi's and I was like... seriously? Can we invent new enemies please?

Don;t even mind the Nazi's, but them budget graphics and the dual wielded EVERYTHING just screams CRAP! Stay AWAY!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2013, 15:19 Agent.X7

I just wanted to share a WTF moment.

I just clicked on my bookmark for Bluesnews, and as soon as the page loads I get a pop-up that tells me "Creston is now playing Borderlands 2."

I stared the the screen blankly for a few seconds thinking "WTF?" before I realized I had left Steam running. Just confused me that a gu from Blues popped as soon as I visited Blues.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
18. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 00:02 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 20:33:
Brazor wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 19:36:
and spit out the only MMO to ever be considered successful.

Urrr... wot? Mr. Brazor, I have a call on line 2, it's Ultima Online. A call on line 3, it's EVE Online, a call on line 4, it's Final Fantasy XI, a call on line 5, it's Everquest, a call on line 6, it's Everquest 2, a call on line 7, it's... etc etc.

It's THE most succesful, obviously, but not the ONLY succesful MMO.

Ah, thank you, I read that and thought the same thing. I used to write for MMORPG.com, and I can tell you that MANY mmos are successful. There wouldn't be so damn many if they weren't. Nobody has achieved WoW success, but that was a one in a million shot that Blizzard probably won't be able to replicate again.

BTW, EQ came out in 1999 and it's STILL putting out expansions. If that's not successful, I don't know what is.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround
22. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Matchmaking Workaround Nov 6, 2013, 12:51 Agent.X7

I don't know this time, I've had a few hardcore Duty Heads come in and bitch that this game sucks compared to all other COD games. Probably feeling the effect of a loss of the driving force behind IW.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Nov 6, 2013, 01:16 Agent.X7

SlimRam wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 23:35:
I'm thinking that Uwe Boll is the ONLY director they should let loose on the Kane & Lynch movie...

Lets FACE IT, when your starting at rock bottom, there's only one way to go

I laughed. It's true though. I enjoyed the games, but only because I bought them for like $4 or $5 on STEAM. If I had paid $60 I would have been pissed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2013, 22:49 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 20:15:
MajorD wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 19:52:
@Redmask: Yeah, I've seen all sorts of contradicting information on the monthly fees, but best to go with the 'Official Word' you posted.

@nin: $3.33/month is a bit more reasonable, but still no console for me....nope, nope not going to do it!

@Agent.X7: . Go without cigs or beer for a day to save big time on PS+. I don't smoke, so not a big deal, but no beer for a day.....that's pushing it.

I don't blame you. Nobody wants to pay for multi. After a few years of paying for Live, I dropped it, and didn't miss it much at all.

If there weren't monthly games added for Plus customers, I'd be a lot less likely to bite. But so far, it seems like a great deal. Hopefully that continues.

edit: They've actually been extremely crafty, in that they keep handing out Vita games, which you can claim, even if you don't own a Vita. So that, at some point, you have this nice stack of games for it, and it starts to look a lot more attractive to folks like me, that normally wouldn't buy a portable.

The only reason I bought a Vita was for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The only reason I still have it is because 99% of PS4 games are going to be remotely playable on it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Interviews
31. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 5, 2013, 18:49 Agent.X7

He gets his philosophy from a dude who grew up in South Jamaica and went to college in Harlem. People feel the inherent need to steal.

That tells you nothing about people as a whole, but very much about the background of the person who said it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1977 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo