Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2310 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2014, 18:34 Agent.X7

Aw, not Wild Bill! I met him at a gunshow a couple of years back. We're slowly losing all the heroes.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 20:37 Agent.X7

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:07:
It's not the tech, it's the person using it.

That sounds suspiciously like "Guns don't kill people; people kill people." Look I get the whole "the world changes and you have to be able to adapt to change" bit but that doesn't mean that it's not a worthwhile to question to ask if the world is changing for the better. You aren't going to be able to evaluate whether technology is actually improving your life if you don't take a step back from it every now and then.

Also I'm surprised you didn't notice the irony of calling people using their phone while walking stupid, and then demanding that you not be judged for using you phone while at dinner with your wife.

If you cannot tell the difference between looking at a screen while walking and looking at a screen while stationary, you are beyond my capacity to help you understand.

Also, shockingly, guns do not kill people all by their lonesome. You know, being inanimate objects and all.

Re: Verno's comment - Yeah man, I don't let my phone go off in a restaurant like that. I actually asked a family behind us last night to please turn down their son's 3DS that he was playing at max volume. People don't seem to care that other people have the same right to enjoy themselves and don't want your noises intruding on them. (I am drilling this into my young daughter on a daily basis.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 14:12 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 03:31:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 02:20:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:47:
Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 02:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:12:
I always thought it would be ultra cool for Neo to wake up after he "died" in the third one and realize that the reality being sold to them was actually still the Matrix.

The stupid thing is, this is what they implicitly implied when Neo suddenly gets the power to stop the squid things at the end of Matrix II while he's outside the Matrix. I was utterly convinced that that, combined with the Architect's speech, just meant that while everyone in Zion thought they were out of the Matrix, they were just in sort of a DMZ, kept away from the docile sheep in the rest of the system.

If you all haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie The Thirteenth Floor. As well as Dark City (bonus: directors cut!), filmed around the same time as the first matrix, and I believe used some of the same sets, hence they look similar.

Saw that one. Also very good. There was also another movie out around the same time that had people in VR games and crazy reality twists, but I forget the name.

eXistenZ

It is kind of interesting that 3 of the movies came out in 1999 (and Dark City in 98).

Yes, that one. Thank you. I could not figure it out and had no luck Googling it. (My Google Fu was weak, noooooo!)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
21. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 14:10 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 13:59:
There is also this thing called reality. Not every game can be Uncharted, GTA or Call of Duty, and not every game can sell like it. Any publisher that pretends their game is going to soar to such heights, history of the franchise be damned (and Tomb Raider had never sold more than ~4 million copies), are a bunch of delusional fucking morons that, again, have no fucking clue what they are doing.

I totally agree with you Creston but if the budgets come down to more realistic levels then consumer expectations have to do so as well. We would have received a far different Tomb Raider if they had spent half of the money.

It doesn't have to be that way. A lot of "development budget" is eaten by super high salaries of management and ridiculous spending that really has nothing to do with the game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 14:07 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:45:
I would totally be up for unplugging for 24 hours, if it wasn't for the fact that

A) My job involves being plugged in.
B) Battle of Lion's Arch is running, yo!

HELL YEAH! I beat Scarlet last night. Finally. I just moved back to NC and all I had was my laptop, which literally fried as I loaded into LA after the patch. Hadn't been able to do anything until the truck with all my stuff showed up.

Unplugging is overrated. Life evolves. You either evolve with it or get left behind and be a grumbling old person complaining about how it used to be so much better. My in-laws have cell phones, they use computers and all sorts of tech gadgets. They still manage to have friends and a social life and interact with others. I use all sorts of tech, but I can have conversations without looking at my phone all the time. My mom doesn't use any tech except a cell which she is barely capable of making calls and texting with. She complains and says it's because she is old and people don't appreciate how much better life was before all this tech, blah blah blah. Yeah, mom, the in-laws are 10 years older than you, and they adapted just fine.

Yes, some people really need to look at how they use their stuff. I used to sit at the quad for lunch with the other acting students and laugh at people who fell in the grass or stepped in puddles because they were looking at theirs phones and not watching were they were going. Stupid people. It's not the tech, it's the person using it.

Also, sometimes I go to dinner and am looking at my phone while waiting. I run my own business, so I need to respond to things, and sometimes my wife and I just don't feel like conversing after a long day. Who are you to judge?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2014, 13:56 Agent.X7

Panickd wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 12:26:
Verno wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 11:06:
Bundy wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 10:19:
Games generally look better going forward through a consoles lifespan as things get optimized, for some reason a lot of people think the xb1 is gonna do the opposite.

Games also run up against resource limitations more as devs leverage the hardware which results in tradeoffs like what I already mentioned.

Unless you had the PS4 version and the XBox One version side by side on some large ass TVs that you were sitting unnaturally close to you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Like, not at all

Depends on the game really and what else was scaled down, its way too subjective to generalize. I can certainly tell the difference between AC4 on my PS4 and my buddys Xbox One. People who only have one console probably don't care either way but then again the internet is filled with comparisons so who knows *shrug*.

If you have an XBox One and a PS4 how often are you out there buying the same game for them though? Do the extra lines of resolution impact your enjoyment of the game in any way? If you owned an XBone and never saw the PS4 version of a game would you feel cheated in any way?

I have a PC capable of playing pretty much anything at some pretty insane resolutions. I also own a PS3. I own a small number of games on both platforms thanks to Steam sales and, as you might expect, the PC beats the PS3 in graphical fidelity hands down. But when I'm playing those games on the PS3 I'm not sitting around going, "Screw this 720p bullshit! 4K is sooooo much better! It makes the game soooo much more enjoyable!"

Absent the ability to directly compare two versions, it's not even an issue. That was my point.

I don;t know, I LOVE Uncharted, but every time I have played I have said to myself "Fuck, I wish this was on the PC so the textures weren't so damn grainy." Yes, graphical fidelity can impact your enjoyment.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
18. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 13:49 Agent.X7

I'm just glad they are making a sequel. I loved it on PS3 and it was even better on PS4. One of the very few games that I have played through multiple times.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2014, 02:20 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 08:47:
Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 02:53:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:12:
I always thought it would be ultra cool for Neo to wake up after he "died" in the third one and realize that the reality being sold to them was actually still the Matrix.

The stupid thing is, this is what they implicitly implied when Neo suddenly gets the power to stop the squid things at the end of Matrix II while he's outside the Matrix. I was utterly convinced that that, combined with the Architect's speech, just meant that while everyone in Zion thought they were out of the Matrix, they were just in sort of a DMZ, kept away from the docile sheep in the rest of the system.

If you all haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie The Thirteenth Floor. As well as Dark City (bonus: directors cut!), filmed around the same time as the first matrix, and I believe used some of the same sets, hence they look similar.

Saw that one. Also very good. There was also another movie out around the same time that had people in VR games and crazy reality twists, but I forget the name.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans
12. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans Mar 7, 2014, 02:15 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:49:
"[T]he first `Shaq-Fu,' that was at the end of analog right before digital came out."

Good ol' analog videogames.

Yet another reason celebrity spokesmanship is fail.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans
11. Re: Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn Plans Mar 7, 2014, 02:14 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:32:
Saboth wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 20:56:
Shaq has a reported net worth of 350+ million dollars. They want 450k to make a game about him. Seems like if he had faith in it, he'd put up most/all of it, for a return on investment?

I was just going to add that myself. Just say no to funding mufti-millionaires who can easily fund their own projects.

Agreed. Put up or shut the fuck up, Shaq.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2014, 23:09 Agent.X7

COncerned about Hennig leaving during the new Uncharted development.

Re: PS Plus - Get it on sale yearly at Amazon during the holiday season. I paid $24 for a year this Christmas. Also, you can add on all the free months that come with games and systems. I don't have to pay again for PS Plus until June 2015 right now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
33. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 23:05 Agent.X7

Mmmm, still looks good to me.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2014, 16:12 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:02:
Prez wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 15:51:
I didn't care for the ending too much, but it wasn't Mass Effect 3 bad.

At least Bioware fixed their ending...

I always thought it would be ultra cool for Neo to wake up after he "died" in the third one and realize that the reality being sold to them was actually still the Matrix. I mean, the Architect said that it had been too hard to convince some people that the Matrix was real, so why would they not then build multiple layers of reality to trap the people who would not or could not accept the first layer as reality?

The true real could actually be set in a giant space station or something where they cast the power down to Earth.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

31. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 23:40 Agent.X7

1badmf wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 22:06:
is it... is it good? what does such a thing even taste like?!? such odd customs you have, you east coast foreigners.

It's sparkling water, chocolate syrup (I used Hershey's. Heretic, I know) and milk. (Supposed to be whole, I like half and half. Again, I am a heretic.) Mix a cup of milk with chocolate syrup to taste, add a cup of sparkling water. (Seltzer, whatever)

It tastes...well, good. Some people say it's like bubbly chocolate milk, but it's really not. The carbonation gives it a big head of foam and the tastes really meld into something else.

The important thing is that I loved it as a kid, and now my daughter has gotten to try it, and she likes it too. So thanks, Blue, for reminding me about egg creams.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 20:51 Agent.X7

I just want you all to know that I am now sitting here drinking an egg cream because Blue infected my brain with a craving.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 17:43 Agent.X7

ARMAGARD! UNCHARTED COLLECTION FOR PS4! HEAD EXPLODED!

http://tinyurl.com/nrxdoky

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 15:26 Agent.X7

Ratty wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 11:05:
Egg creams. Oo la la. Aren't we hoity toity today. I have no idea what egg creams are but it sounds like something Thurston and Lovey would be sipping.

I guess you have to be from NY or nearby to appreciate an egg cream. It's not fancy at all, it's an old fashioned drink from the days when you went to a soda shop to buy ice cream sundaes. My grandfather used to make them, and they are AWESOME.

So, yeah, thanks a lot, Blue. Now I have to look for stuff to make some. Oh well, at least my daughter will get to experience them. (Although I'm in NC now, so I will get the same reaction. You want to make a what?)

Also, re: HFCS
The only readily verifiable fact is that your body processes HFCS differently than sugar. Cane sugar is 50/50 fructose/glucose bound by a weak glycosidic bond. A disaccharide. Your body has to work to digest it and break it apart to use it.

HFCS is a liquid mixture of two monosaccharides, and your body sends the sugars straight to your liver and bloodstream.

There are on-going debates and studies, but nothing conclusive. People on the both sides of the argument have "proof" but nothing really concrete. Most of the negativity is by people who cannot fathom that correlation does NOT equal causation. Most of the positivity is generated by the industry that produces HFCS.

Myself? I avoid it. Like Blue, I hate the taste. (I grew up when Pepsi was made with sugar, and I definitely noticed when they switched.) I tend to be skeptical, but I am more skeptical of the obvious financial backing of the corn industry. (Although certain doctors have profited handsomely from their attacks on HFCS with book deals and such.)

Disclaimer - I was as alarmed as anyone when they started really pushing the HFCS negative campaign a few years back. Then I did a bunch of research into it and came to the conclusion that there IS no conclusion and it's all mostly noise right now. Still, I prefer natural sugar to manufactured sugar in much the same way that I prefer fresh bread to bread loaded with preservatives.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 22, 2014, 15:02 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 20:30:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 00:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 19:25:
Wow, I thought it would take a year or two for XBones inferior hardware to really lag behind what was being done on PS4. I was really, really wrong. It seems like ALL of the third party, cross platform games run better and look better on the PS4 already. Crazy.

well to me the next-gen versions don't look that much better than the current gen ones. just the textures look a bit better but it looks perfectly playable on a $99 Xbox 360. you need a 1080p TV to really notice the differences and still a lot of ppl just have 720p screens. still not worth getting a $499 X Bone or $399 PS4 just for this game.

Xbox One is supposedly able to become more powerful over the cloud, but who knows if and when that happens.

They shouldn't look that much better.
Again, go Google what the CoD launch title on the 360 looked like. Ass. Pure ass. It didn't look even remotely like what Ghosts looks like. I mean, the difference is like Mario 3 to Mario World drastic.

They look a lot better because developers have been held back for 5 years with extremely low system memory. Now that they have a bunch more memory to use, you bet your ass the textures are 100x better.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
15. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 21, 2014, 19:44 Agent.X7

Kegaro wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 10:01:
Downloaded the 25GB install and played for about 1.5 hours... promptly uninstalled the game. What a garbage game.

I tried to warn you!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
32. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2014, 15:28 Agent.X7

Pumas wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 00:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 19:14:
I think there are still a couple of holdouts from the EU in what is generally considered Europe, but yeah, pretty much. Most people don't say Europe and think that Russia is grouped right in there.

You are well beyond missing the point. I was simply trying to explain to InBlack that running fiber in Croatia is a less daunting task than running it in the US because our country is nearly as big as a continent. I figured someone in Croatia would have a decent grasp of that scale.

Ah, the last argument of the mentally defeated. "The thing I was saying wasn't! You're missing the point!"

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2310 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo