Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2160 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 16:25 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 15:03:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 15:00:
I defy you to explain why you are getting spanked at retail. Get back to me on that, yeah?

Hey X, I see the limited editions are now sold out at amazon. Can't you believe that shit?!

Guess I'm glad I locked mine in.

Haha, and the Gamestop guys couldn't figure out why I was so desperate to make sure I had one reserved. I figured the CE and limited ones for PS4 were goners. Watchdogs was the same way. (Although I actually didn't even want the CE for that one. Anomaly.)

Looks like even the XBone Ghost edition is now sold out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 15:00 Agent.X7

I defy you to explain why you are getting spanked at retail. Get back to me on that, yeah?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 10, 2014, 22:12 Agent.X7

That was funny?

The funniest cooking show I have ever seen was My Drunk Kitchen on You Tube. It was actually funny most of the time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 16:57 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:09:
Yo, X7, Bungie's site now lets you pick your format. And apparently we each get 3 beta keys.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 16:53 Agent.X7

Longswd wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 16:06:
George R.R. Martin says 'f*ck you' to anyone who thinks he'll die before finishing 'Game of Thrones' series.

I seem to recall Robert Jordan saying much the same thing before croaking and leaving the Wheel of Time series incomplete. That series should have been wrapped up by about book 5, but he just kept dragging it out and spinning into a textual soap opera.

Other disappointingly unfinished series would include Roger Zelazny's (2nd) Chronicles of Amber and Gorden R. Dickson's (Dorsai) Childe Cycle.

Yeah, no. Jordan was the victim of a rare blood disease. He spent years fighting it but was aware that he may not be able to finish the books due to his disease. He remained hopeful, but made plans and took notes so that in the event of his death his wife could have someone finish the books for his fans.

He never once said "Fuck you" to concerned fans.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 16:06 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:10:
InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:08:
Do you also get the 20% extra damage when you try to backstab?

Haha what?

Oh you were making a joke the whole time, my bad. Yeah I've been playing D:OS but it didn't even occur to me, sorry no coffee yet.

George R.R. Martin says 'f*ck you' to anyone who thinks he'll die before finishing 'Game of Thrones' series.

People say f*ck you to George Martin for wanking 5+ years per book.

Yeah, fuck you too, George. Sit your fat ass down and write once in a while and maybe it wouldn't take so goddamn long per book.

BTW, in the US the average male life expectancy is 77.4 years. Average. Now calculate in the fact that you are fat, 65, and that you take up to 7 years between books, and that the series started in 1996 - almost 20 years ago - and you might be able to fathom why people are concerned.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
20. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 8, 2014, 22:26 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 20:25:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 19:49:
And....Ghost edition reserved at local Gamestop.

I just canceled my regular off amazon and grabbed a limited. They've not sent me a second beta key, so I hope they can't somehow cancel the first one (already redeemed it anyway).

Yeah, a beta key didn't print off on my store receipt and the guy thought it was weird. I told him I already got one from the online order I was going cancel and the manager said that's why. Even though you can't order online to pick up at a store they can cross-track the beta keys. Manager said it's because Bungie didn't want people pre-ordering a shitload of games to get the keys to sell online.

I imagine that once you input the key they won't cancel it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 8, 2014, 19:49 Agent.X7

And....Ghost edition reserved at local Gamestop.

BTW, this is the 2nd time a famous race car river has been in the store when I got there. Also the second time I had that pointed out to me after the fact and was still clueless. At least I recognized the first guy's name, even if I couldn't pick him out of a crowd. (Dale Jr - my stepfather was a huge Nascar fan. He held the door for me when I was walking in. No clue.) This guy, I can't even remember his name an hour later as I am typing this. I guess gamers who don't like televised sports are rarer than I thought? I get looks like I am nuts.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 19:41 Agent.X7

Oh, like the PC gamers felt when Halo 3 and on failed to ever appear on PC? Cry. Me. A. River.

Microsoft screws everyone else on a ton of games with their time-locked DLC BS, so Sony started responding in kind. Seems fair to me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 8, 2014, 18:01 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 08:38:
Axis wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 20:25:
Man does destiny look to be a shallow mess. Also reminds me of that very worn-out IP... and no, not that one you think about when you see "Bungie"...

The weird thing about Destiny is that it looks boring from the outside, I had the same attitude before the alpha. Game didn't really interest me and I only grabbed the alpha on a lark. The alpha really turned me around though. It is probably the only console FPS I've ever enjoyed and even though many elements of it are derivative, they've managed to combine it all into an enjoyable package.

So yeah, Destiny is actually pretty decent.

You expressed my general feelings as well. I was interested, but was waiting to see if it was just hype for Halo players or was actually a good game. Pleasantly surprised.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 8, 2014, 00:26 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 23:07:
and I didn't want to miss out on Alpha weekend, so I bought a replacement

That TOTALLY sounds like something I'd do for GTA.

X7, I may try and hit you up during the beta...

I will be there. Hoping by tomorrow I can get the store to pre-order the CE for me so I can pick it up at Midnight release, but I used the code from my online purchase to register beta already. Can't wait.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 23:04 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 22:26:
|RaptoR| wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 22:22:
I played the Destiny alpha, and I came away impressed. It was an enjoyable game. Preordered after the alpha, was on the fence beforehand. I wish it would come to the PC, but it's the first game my PS4 has gotten any action from that wasn't TowerFall.

Oh, and my PS4 died during the alpha. Had to roll out and buy a replacement, which died as well. Still have my launch day 360 for all the hubbub about that red ring shit, I'm surprised that two fucking PS4s died within a week of each other (conditioned power, too)

Good lord man, what are you doing to them? And each one should come with a one year warranty.

Yeah, you literally cannot own a PS4 yet that isn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

http://us.playstation.com/support/warranties/ps4/index.htm

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 7, 2014, 20:22 Agent.X7

They could have just said "Microsoft cheaped out."  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 7, 2014, 19:24 Agent.X7

NEW TECHNOLOGY! SO SCARY! BAN IT!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 19:22 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 15:50:
nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 08:40:
Watch Sunset Overdrive's intro cinematic, 8 minutes of gameplay.

The one xbone game I wish I could play...

From the gameplay vid I'd have to ask "why" Pretty non impressive

The static pictures looked great, but yeah, once I saw 20 minutes of gameplay I decided that it probably would not be for me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:35 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 17:11:
Yeah, gamestop? Uh uh...

My plan had been to pre-order from Amazon. By the time I got up (it was late, I am sick as a dog.) and read the news, Amazon was no longer taking orders for the PS4 version. I even checked with Best Buy before settling on Gamestop. I have about $70 in credit there still. (Watchdogs and The Last of Us were already fully paid up) I've been using it mostly for game time cards for ESO and Gems for GW2. I just hate dealing with the guys at the local store.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:05 Agent.X7

Good God, Gamestop is frustrating. Drive 10 minutes to store. NOBODY employed at the store has heard about the Ghost edition. You work in a game store and none of you read the gaming press? O..k...They look up a pre-order for me. Nope, not available yet. Dude, seriously? You know Amazon is sold out of PS4 pre-orders right now. I need to get this reserved so I actually get one. They tell me to reserve the regular and I can change it when the CE is in the system. Yeah, no.

Pre-ordered at Gamestop online. Of course, they don't do free release date shipping. Hell, they don't do ANY free shipping, not even to a store.

Anyway, this is the last of my credit there, and I hope to avoid them like the plague from now on. They banned me from trading in anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 14:46 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 14:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:49:
http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

Ghost edition of Destiny announced, along with Limited Edition and start of Beta access. (07/17 for PS4) Ghost Edition includes their version of a season pass. Excuse me, I have to run to Gamestop.

I can't tell if you're genuinely excited, or being facetious.

Excited. I got to play the Alpha on PS4 and it was a lot of fun. I'd prefer any FPS be on PC - in fact, I can barely play them if they aren't - but Destiny actually felt decent on PS4. No where near the spot on precision of a mouse, but way better than anything I have tried before, including Killzone on PS4. It had a bunch of stuff to do in a little area, the co-op was great. Just a lot of fun.

And I'm addicted to Collectors Editions.

Nin - yeah, it's a bit pricey, but you get a cool case, the Ghost model, and the 1 season of DLC. Those are normally $20, so it's really more like $130. I don't mind over $100 if it has a statue or something. The new Dragon Age CE is appalling because of the price and the lack of anything really solid for the price.

Also because it's Bioware and I'm not even buying that game for full price after ME2 and DA2 and SWTOR and...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 13:49 Agent.X7

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

Ghost edition of Destiny announced, along with Limited Edition and start of Beta access. (07/17 for PS4) Ghost Edition includes their version of a season pass. Excuse me, I have to run to Gamestop.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
23. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 4, 2014, 15:28 Agent.X7

UHD wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 12:46:
Ahahahaha "wahh women can have women-only things why can't men have men-only things wahh JUST LET BOYS BE BOYS abloobloobloo"

You have got to be kidding me.

Fucking Hearthstone isn't a manly game for manly people that demands only men play. Neither is Dota or Starcraft. Video games aren't inherently manly or whatever the hell.

If you want a men's only tournament, go make an explicitly men's only tournament, ignore the criticism and scorn of the world at large, and enjoy your sausagefest. Meanwhile eSports will make an attempt, however ham-fisted, to be all-inclusive and be a better thing for it.

Incidentally, there's ladies nights at bars because that brings women into the bar when they otherwise wouldn't bother. You don't need a men's night at a bar because men don't need the extra incentive.

Yeah, no.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2160 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo