Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2342 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
22. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 10:58 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:56:
Kajetan wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:42:
MajorD wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:22:
Hopefully we won't see it with DOOM 4 using the idTech 6 engine.
I doubt that we will see Doom 4 at all. I doubt that we will see idTech 6 after Carmack left. There is no one left an id, who is able to do that.

And yes, idtech 5 is horrible. Only good for rendering highly detailled, vast landscapes and nothing more.

We will see a Doom4. Its almost inevitable. Sure it wont be made by id (or at least no one from the original team) and it probably wont be coming out any time soon but it will get made. You can bet your house on that.

Sure it will, since Wolf pre-orders came with a guarantee of beta testing it. It's gign to be on Idtech 5 though. After Rage, anything on that engine is a no buy for me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
27. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 10:56 Agent.X7

nin wrote on May 20, 2014, 07:42:
Frijoles wrote on May 20, 2014, 01:35:
So I managed to get it running (updated the AMD drivers). Works now. Lots of in-game cut scenes in the first 30 min (no quicktime events so far). Need to get some sleep, but I'm enjoying what I saw. Not to spoil, but the "enemies" you see at the very start are impressive (what they are, not how they fight). On that note, don't play on the default setting. It's really fucking easy. Bump it up a notch.

So far so good.

Reviews look decent this morning...

Agent.X7 wrote on May 20, 2014, 01:25:
Reading reviews, this seems like a mediocre FPS with a 10-12 hour campaign released the week before one of the most anticipated games this year.

7s and 8s is "mediocre"?

In a world were games average 7 and 8 all the time, yes. I read the reviews, though, not the scores. Scores are generally meaningless since I have seen so many reviews where it sounds like the reviewer has a bunch of complaints about the game and yet gives it a 7 or 8 score.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads
11. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Preloads May 20, 2014, 01:25 Agent.X7

Reading reviews, this seems like a mediocre FPS with a 10-12 hour campaign released the week before one of the most anticipated games this year.

IN other words, if you really want to play this, wait a few weeks. It'll be $20 before you know it, and that's what it seems worth.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
16. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 15:16 Agent.X7

Fantaz wrote on May 19, 2014, 15:03:
nobody ever really played the multiplayer portion that much. they even made the multiplayer (Fear Combat) free back in 2006.

having myself run the FearWiki.com site and being active in the Fear scene long ago i know this very well.

The multiplayer on the original FEAR was a lot of fun.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Division Delayed
15. Re: The Division Delayed May 16, 2014, 02:27 Agent.X7

Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
23. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 03:25 Agent.X7

I am the king of buying overpriced collector's editions, however...

Bioware.
Oh cool, I bet the statue is...wait, what? No statue? WHY THE FUCK IS THIS $170 THEN?!?!
Bioware.

Did I mention, Bioware?

I'm actually looking forward to Sunset Overdrive, and I'm going to wait until the reviews are in on this.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 12, 2014, 20:50 Agent.X7

Was I the only one who read the title and thought Nick Fury was playing Portal?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
33. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 22:51 Agent.X7

I'm sorry. I get annoyed at developers who claim to "love" pc gamers, but who never do anything for them.

I apologize if my complains have made all of you lose your minds over it. Holy shit, for all the bitching you guys do you sure love to stick it to someone else when they do it.

Fucking hypocrites.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 21:30 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 19:02:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:40:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:34:
Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 17:57:
Psssh. We're Bungie. We're so used to fucking you PC guys that we could care less at this point. Buy a console, you scrubs!
In what way has Bungie "fucked" you? What specific harm was inflicted?

You mean other than taking a PC game and hyping it for years and then deciding it was instead an Xbox exclusive? Only to release it years later as a shitty port? Or making the sequel not only years later than the Xbox version, again, but ALSO making it so you had to have Vista to play it?
Yeah, but what did you actually lose? Did a game you already had purchased disappear from your library?

No no, the definition of "fucked" has changed. It now applies even when you only feel you've been wronged.

Yes, because "fucked" has ever had a set definition.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 21:29 Agent.X7

Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 18:40:
Psssh. We're Bungie. We're so used to fucking you PC guys that we could care less at this point. Buy a console, you scrubs!

You mean other than taking a PC game and hyping it for years and then deciding it was instead an Xbox exclusive? Only to release it years later as a shitty port? Or making the sequel not only years later than the Xbox version, again, but ALSO making it so you had to have Vista to play it?
Yeah, but what did you actually lose? Did a game you already had purchased disappear from your library?

I'm sorry, do you not know how the word "fucked" is used in the English language?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 21:28 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 21:11:

You mean what Microsoft did when they bought Bungie? Or how MICROSOFT made Halo 2 a Vista exclusive?
As for hype, Halo did for FPS shooters (especially on consoles) what Quake did for 3D gaming.

Sorry but you just sound like a whiny bitch who didn't get the right color convertible on your sweet 16.

As opposed to all you that have nothing better to do than pick apart my Bungie hate post? Good game! Name calling especially makes you look like you have a valid argument.

Clearly Bungie LOVES PC gamers. You know, since we're definitely getting a PC version of Destiny.

Oh...wait...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 18:34 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 28, 2014, 18:32 Agent.X7

Haha, this is why you see used Desert Eagles in gunshops all the time. People think it's so cool because they shot it it video game X, or saw it in movie Y.

Little do they realize that a fully loaded Desert Eagle weighs a little over 5 pounds. That's right folks, let's go to the range and hold a 5 pound bag of sugar at arms length for a few magazines. Not so cool now, is it? Not to mention that even with the gas operated recoil system, the recoil is pretty hefty in every caliber, but especially in .44 and .50. Oh, and those .44 mag and .50 AE rounds are over $2 a shot.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 17:57 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Top Gun Hard Lock Details Apr 28, 2014, 02:30 Agent.X7

Congrats! Here's to 18 more! Beer  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Privilege Apr 23, 2014, 21:44 Agent.X7

Zzzzzzz *snork* wha? Oh, more people whining about others being privileged on the internet. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
60. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 23, 2014, 01:15 Agent.X7

Osc8r wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 18:36:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 00:32:
Osc8r wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 23:08:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:31:
Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 16:10:
Plus there's this for the technical folks out there.

I'm glad I didn't pre-order this game. Now I know not to play it. I'll wait for Wildstar.

I didn't pre-order anyway. Ended up liking it so much I went out of my way to find a CE.

Tried Wildstar this weekend with a key from Alienware. I can't believe people are so excited for this game. It's the same graphics as 10 year old World of Warcraft with the same combat. The introductory quests seem completely unfinished (where do I go next?) and BORING. I only played for a couple of hours, and I felt like I'd played this game before.

Minus the graphics part (they are little better than WOW, but still pretty average), you could just as easily be talking about ESO.

But yeah, wildstar is terrible.

Except combat in ESO is nothing like combat in WoW. And ESO lacks the annoying "kill 10 monster" quests.

Yes it is, especially if you play a ranger. The combat is the worst part of the game IMO.

And instead of kill 10 monster quests, they have talk to 10 people or... put out 10 fires, or the riveting fetch quests.

Revolutionary stuff!!!

And now we know you've never played it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
59. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 23, 2014, 01:15 Agent.X7

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 21:33:
If you guys want a good new MMO.. Wildstar is open beta this weekend. Just go to the website, sign up for an account.. throw your name in the hat for the beta.. boom, youre in.

Best MMO i have ever played (thus far). It's not free to play (THANK GOD)..but 15 a month will be nothing if you get tons of time out of this title.. and you will.

Seriously.. Wildstar is awesome right now in its beta form. Free to playtest this weekend.. get on it. Stop messing around with substandard BS like ESO.

Hello NCSoft shill.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
51. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 23, 2014, 01:12 Agent.X7

Waiting for reviews, but not hopeful.

After ME2, DA2, and SWTOR, Bioware is not on my happy list.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 23, 2014, 00:53 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 23:43:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 22:24:
Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 19:52:
What a world.

Exactly, it's the world eating that kind of shit up that is the reason he's being paid. I can't fault the guy for taking video on a vacation, and you have to post something like that online for your friends to see because it was probably the most interesting thing that he did over there... It's not his fault it went viral. Better to hit the social media lottery than try to act the victim and sue someone.

On the one hand, true. On the other, I hope the kicker gets arrested and charged. A kick to the head can kill you.

The train conductor who "kicked" him didn't actually kick him. He put his leg in front of a metal part of the train to stop it from taking this fucking stupid ass kid's fucking head off. He risked his own bodily health to save some fuckbag who will probably breed more little fuckbags.

You know what, in retrospect, let's throw the book at that conductor for saving this douche so he could dilute the gene-pool. He should have won a Darwin award.

Stupid selfie

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2342 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo