Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2214 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 15:26 Agent.X7

Ratty wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 11:05:
Egg creams. Oo la la. Aren't we hoity toity today. I have no idea what egg creams are but it sounds like something Thurston and Lovey would be sipping.

I guess you have to be from NY or nearby to appreciate an egg cream. It's not fancy at all, it's an old fashioned drink from the days when you went to a soda shop to buy ice cream sundaes. My grandfather used to make them, and they are AWESOME.

So, yeah, thanks a lot, Blue. Now I have to look for stuff to make some. Oh well, at least my daughter will get to experience them. (Although I'm in NC now, so I will get the same reaction. You want to make a what?)

Also, re: HFCS
The only readily verifiable fact is that your body processes HFCS differently than sugar. Cane sugar is 50/50 fructose/glucose bound by a weak glycosidic bond. A disaccharide. Your body has to work to digest it and break it apart to use it.

HFCS is a liquid mixture of two monosaccharides, and your body sends the sugars straight to your liver and bloodstream.

There are on-going debates and studies, but nothing conclusive. People on the both sides of the argument have "proof" but nothing really concrete. Most of the negativity is by people who cannot fathom that correlation does NOT equal causation. Most of the positivity is generated by the industry that produces HFCS.

Myself? I avoid it. Like Blue, I hate the taste. (I grew up when Pepsi was made with sugar, and I definitely noticed when they switched.) I tend to be skeptical, but I am more skeptical of the obvious financial backing of the corn industry. (Although certain doctors have profited handsomely from their attacks on HFCS with book deals and such.)

Disclaimer - I was as alarmed as anyone when they started really pushing the HFCS negative campaign a few years back. Then I did a bunch of research into it and came to the conclusion that there IS no conclusion and it's all mostly noise right now. Still, I prefer natural sugar to manufactured sugar in much the same way that I prefer fresh bread to bread loaded with preservatives.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 22, 2014, 15:02 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 20:30:
Fantaz wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 00:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 19:25:
Wow, I thought it would take a year or two for XBones inferior hardware to really lag behind what was being done on PS4. I was really, really wrong. It seems like ALL of the third party, cross platform games run better and look better on the PS4 already. Crazy.

well to me the next-gen versions don't look that much better than the current gen ones. just the textures look a bit better but it looks perfectly playable on a $99 Xbox 360. you need a 1080p TV to really notice the differences and still a lot of ppl just have 720p screens. still not worth getting a $499 X Bone or $399 PS4 just for this game.

Xbox One is supposedly able to become more powerful over the cloud, but who knows if and when that happens.

They shouldn't look that much better.
Again, go Google what the CoD launch title on the 360 looked like. Ass. Pure ass. It didn't look even remotely like what Ghosts looks like. I mean, the difference is like Mario 3 to Mario World drastic.

They look a lot better because developers have been held back for 5 years with extremely low system memory. Now that they have a bunch more memory to use, you bet your ass the textures are 100x better.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
15. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 21, 2014, 19:44 Agent.X7

Kegaro wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 10:01:
Downloaded the 25GB install and played for about 1.5 hours... promptly uninstalled the game. What a garbage game.

I tried to warn you!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
32. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2014, 15:28 Agent.X7

Pumas wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 00:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 19:14:
I think there are still a couple of holdouts from the EU in what is generally considered Europe, but yeah, pretty much. Most people don't say Europe and think that Russia is grouped right in there.

You are well beyond missing the point. I was simply trying to explain to InBlack that running fiber in Croatia is a less daunting task than running it in the US because our country is nearly as big as a continent. I figured someone in Croatia would have a decent grasp of that scale.

Ah, the last argument of the mentally defeated. "The thing I was saying wasn't! You're missing the point!"

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2014, 13:30 Agent.X7

If fog is good at melting snow, we should have none left. I had to cut my speed way down on the way to work because I couldn't see 10 feet in front of my Jeep. (Of course, our highway runs right next to a river, that helps...)

I drink coffee and beer, so I am all set.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

42. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 19:19 Agent.X7

Erebus wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 07:57:
Blue you have lots of fans and friends here but this is your business and I've been pretty surprised watching this unfold. Reading about this pice of hardware and that piece of hardware and clearly seeing that your site and systems could not have been backed up and restorable is a bit shocking.

Time to get into the Cloud sir and away from the rack at the colo.

Seriously this is my favorite site and irs at risk with your current 90s strategy!

I'll take the slings and arrows of the fanboys in the hope that you make a good move to protect your business.

The mystical cloud of never crash!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2014, 19:16 Agent.X7

Fantaz wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 00:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 19:25:
Wow, I thought it would take a year or two for XBones inferior hardware to really lag behind what was being done on PS4. I was really, really wrong. It seems like ALL of the third party, cross platform games run better and look better on the PS4 already. Crazy.

well to me the next-gen versions don't look that much better than the current gen ones. just the textures look a bit better but it looks perfectly playable on a $99 Xbox 360. you need a 1080p TV to really notice the differences and still a lot of ppl just have 720p screens. still not worth getting a $499 X Bone or $399 PS4 just for this game.

Xbox One is supposedly able to become more powerful over the cloud, but who knows if and when that happens.

If you have a decent 1080p TV, yeah, they look a LOT better. Tomb Raider was much improved. AC IV wasn't very much better, though. (Lazy port)

That cloud stuff is marketing speak, btw.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 20, 2014, 19:14 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 19:24:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 18:45:
Pumas wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 18:18:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:46:
Uh, our country is bigger than all of Europe. By quite a bit. And that's not even including Alaska and Hawaii.

USA - 3,794,101 sq mi

Europe - 3,930,000 sq mi

I looked it up before posting

Right, but you are comparing the CONTINENT of Europe with the COUNTRY of the USA. Now subtract Russia, who is not part of Europe as a collection of countries, but rather a transcontinental country.

I mean, otherwise you are comparing apples to oranges. Sure, the European CONTINENT is bigger than our country, but the North American CONTINENT is bigger than European CONTINENT by quite a bit as well.

Yup.
EU Size: 1,691,658 sq mi
Because I assume you meant the EU. That's what most people mean when they say "Europe," I think.

I think there are still a couple of holdouts from the EU in what is generally considered Europe, but yeah, pretty much. Most people don't say Europe and think that Russia is grouped right in there.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
4. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 20, 2014, 18:23 Agent.X7

It's not worth your time even if it's free. trust me.

Oh, and even the extremely dated looking Titanfall natively supports 2560x1080 resolution at the right aspect ratio. COD: Crap does not.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 19:25 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 19, 2014, 18:58 Agent.X7

Wow, $10 for Decent 2, huh? Tempting, but...no.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 18:45 Agent.X7

Pumas wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 18:18:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:46:
Uh, our country is bigger than all of Europe. By quite a bit. And that's not even including Alaska and Hawaii.

USA - 3,794,101 sq mi

Europe - 3,930,000 sq mi

I looked it up before posting

Right, but you are comparing the CONTINENT of Europe with the COUNTRY of the USA. Now subtract Russia, who is not part of Europe as a collection of countries, but rather a transcontinental country.

I mean, otherwise you are comparing apples to oranges. Sure, the European CONTINENT is bigger than our country, but the North American CONTINENT is bigger than European CONTINENT by quite a bit as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 18:00 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 17:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 13:28:
Cornelius, NC - where I am moving - has its own community broadband.

Have you read the articles on recent legislation to make that illegal? Crazy shit.

Yup. And that's why I laugh when people think the government would handle it better. THEY ARE HANDLING IT, and it's fucked. Without their interference, things like this bill would not be passed just because another business is bribing an official. They call it "campaign contributions," but unless you are a fucking moron you know what it really is.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 16:46 Agent.X7

Pumas wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:58:
InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 09:49:
Well said Pigeon. The article is complete and utter paid-for-shill bullshit. In my country (Croatia) the biggest cable company is currently promoting and provding a six month 120MBIT connection FREE trial for new users. Unrestricted, unlimited broadband with NO caps. For less than a dollar. If I wasnt already a customer I would be signing up ASAP. If a shitty east european country can do it, there is NO REASON whatsever that this should be a problem in the US. The infrastructure investment is just SPIN. Dont believe a word of it, optic-fibre is realtively cheap. The real reason for the terrible caps on broadband in the states is PERCIEVED PIRACY. The digital publishers, retailers, distributors, record companies, etc. are working in collusion with ISPs on this.

The scale of the US is so much larger than people realize. The state I live in (Indiana) is 50% larger with 50% more people than your entire country. Indiana isn't among the largest states in the US. Our country is nearly as big as ALL of Europe. That's a crapton of fiber to run.

That said, the communications companies running them certainly aren't hurting for money and could easily do the upgrade if they had to...but they don't because there's not enough competition.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2014, 15:44 Agent.X7

Wonder if Burton will fit Johhny Depp into BJ2. That would be cool, Keaton and Depp trying to out weird each other.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 13:31 Agent.X7

And Verizon should be paying Netflix, not the other way around. Without content, you are providing a wide pipe to NOWHERE.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 19, 2014, 13:28 Agent.X7

Ratty wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:46:
Simon Says wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:42:
2 out of 3 paid for propaganda articles in one metaverse post, this is getting bad.
Both opinions in the second article are by libertarians. Certainly consistent with their philosophy: the government shouldn't legislate; let the magic finger of the free market sort things out. If you don't like what Comcast/Verizon is doing you can simply choose another ISP. Ha ha.

I'm a libertarian, but I disagree with the second article. The real issue is that the current infrastructure prevents competitors from entering a lot of markets. The big companies already own all the wires and getting them to let you use them is costly. Stringing your own copper or fiber is ludicrously expensive, and getting the states/counties/towns/cities to let you do it...

OH WAIT! No, I agree with them. If you don't like the deals you can get, switch providers. If you don't have another provider, get one! Cornelius, NC - where I am moving - has its own community broadband.
Time Warner charges me $60 a month for 6MB down/1 up. Cornelius charges me $69 for 20MB/5. Yeah, you can get cheaper deals on TW if you are a new customer, but then they crank up the price after 1 year.

If you cannot afford to beat them at their own game, you are not the one to be doing it. If you cannot figure out how to get in the game, you shouldn't be playing.

I think it's crazy to assume business will always sort itself out, but it's also crazy to think that the government ISN'T a business that is looking out for YOU.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 01:13 Agent.X7

Xbone is every bit as powerful as the PS4, and we have THE POWER OF THE CLOUD!

But why does every game run at a lower resolution, frame rate, or both?

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD COMPELS YOU!

But that's not an...

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
18. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 01:09 Agent.X7

entr0py wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 00:59:
Woo! Titanfall hijacking!

What I don't get is how PC gamers could be fine with a multiplayer limit of 12 players, no server browser and always online "single player" DRM. If this were Battlefield, Call of Duty or Sim City it would be ripped apart for those shortcomings.

I do like the concept though. I think I'll buy it at about $20, and hope the next one overcomes some of the classic PC gaming blunders.

I have a feeling you'll be seeing Titanfall every two years from now on.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
4. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 19:54 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:27:
Speaking of BF4... so I got into the Titanfall Beta and have to say, the gameplay itself seems incredibly fun.

But... no destruction element anywhere. Maps are 100% static. Animations are EXTREMELY wonky. Mechs feel like they bump and jitter around the map. No dynamic lightning of the maps either. So no weather changes or anything.

The gameplay was fun, but I feel after 5 hours I already have seen everything the game had to offer. And that was just the beta.

I still can't get over the fact that a 40mm burst fire shot does not even dent a lantern pole. Feels like a game from 2000.

Or put differently, this is COD with TITANS. Does not make it any better, but makes it slightly more fun for a short while.

Commented on the Out of the Blue for today about it. I agree with you.

It's semi-fun, but after a few hours I reached the same conclusion.

Static map. Bigger than most COD maps, smaller than most 64 player BF maps, manages to feel empty with just 12 people. Mechs are more useful if you set them to auto-guard an area or follow you than if you actually pilot it yourself. The auto-pistol is BULLSHIT. Pure console gun that is WAY overpowered on the PC.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2214 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo