Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2177 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 19, 2014, 01:13 Agent.X7

Xbone is every bit as powerful as the PS4, and we have THE POWER OF THE CLOUD!

But why does every game run at a lower resolution, frame rate, or both?

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD COMPELS YOU!

But that's not an...

THE POWER OF THE CLOUD!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
18. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 01:09 Agent.X7

entr0py wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 00:59:
Woo! Titanfall hijacking!

What I don't get is how PC gamers could be fine with a multiplayer limit of 12 players, no server browser and always online "single player" DRM. If this were Battlefield, Call of Duty or Sim City it would be ripped apart for those shortcomings.

I do like the concept though. I think I'll buy it at about $20, and hope the next one overcomes some of the classic PC gaming blunders.

I have a feeling you'll be seeing Titanfall every two years from now on.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
4. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 19:54 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:27:
Speaking of BF4... so I got into the Titanfall Beta and have to say, the gameplay itself seems incredibly fun.

But... no destruction element anywhere. Maps are 100% static. Animations are EXTREMELY wonky. Mechs feel like they bump and jitter around the map. No dynamic lightning of the maps either. So no weather changes or anything.

The gameplay was fun, but I feel after 5 hours I already have seen everything the game had to offer. And that was just the beta.

I still can't get over the fact that a 40mm burst fire shot does not even dent a lantern pole. Feels like a game from 2000.

Or put differently, this is COD with TITANS. Does not make it any better, but makes it slightly more fun for a short while.

Commented on the Out of the Blue for today about it. I agree with you.

It's semi-fun, but after a few hours I reached the same conclusion.

Static map. Bigger than most COD maps, smaller than most 64 player BF maps, manages to feel empty with just 12 people. Mechs are more useful if you set them to auto-guard an area or follow you than if you actually pilot it yourself. The auto-pistol is BULLSHIT. Pure console gun that is WAY overpowered on the PC.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
13. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 18, 2014, 19:27 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:03:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:01:
Er...One good Bioshock game, one kind of "meh" Bioshock 2, one awesome Bioshock 3 and DLC, done? Mmmm, kay?

System Shock 2?

Yeah, and they didn't even do Bioshock 2. My bad. But, System Shock 2 was before Take 2 bought them. You'd think Take 2 would replace Levine and keep Irrational.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
9. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 18, 2014, 19:01 Agent.X7

Er...One good Bioshock game, one kind of "meh" Bioshock 2, one awesome Bioshock 3 and DLC, done? Mmmm, kay?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 18:59 Agent.X7

Oh, also, WTF Feb 18th?

Guild Wars 2 major update.
BF4 major update.

OK, it sounds worse in my head, but I also just got my copy of Bandfuse to check out. And I have...2 free hours tonight. Blah.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 18:54 Agent.X7

*BLAMMO!* head explodes.

I saved this up:

Titanfall - ASS. ASS. ASS. It's mildly amusing, but man I really DID notice there were only 11 other people. Join map, grab point, *crickets*, oooh, look, some AI morons to head-shoot, *more crickets*.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups
13. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Feb 12, 2014, 01:27 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 00:47:
bigspender wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 00:21:
16 players in a tiny arena - pathetic. Was done to death 20 years ago.

Why do people keep repeating this?
Doom was 20 years ago.
Doom was 4 player deathmatch.

Comparing this to Doom is so 20 years ago. And dumb. And faulty. And dumb.

And also, it's 12 players, not 16.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 11, 2014, 23:30 Agent.X7

I grew up on a farm. I was driving big farm tractors at 10. I never once tipped one, ran one into anything, or got it stuck. (I did stall quite often, but to be fair the pedals had to have blocks on them so I could reach.)

My uncle told me once not to ever drive into water because you have no idea how deep it may be, or how much of the surrounding area is actually mud, or how stable the bottom is even if you can see it. That advice works equally well for driving and 4 wheeling. (My cousin got her Jeep stuck up to the roof in the desert in Utah. Drove into a "puddle" that ended up being around 20 feet deep and a lot wider than it looked. Cost her a lot to get it pulled out and fixed.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview
19. Re: Evolve Trailer; Previews; Interview Feb 11, 2014, 18:14 Agent.X7

Sir Graves wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 16:10:
Whoa. OK, have to say the actual gameplay footage looks really cool!

Agreed. Didn't think this would be for me until I watched that footage. The real issue is going to be finding 3 other people that actually want to cooperate, just like LFD.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2014, 17:33 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 17:01:
Interesting how the established research community doesn't want the crowd funded competition for HIV. The current system is all about feeding the machine rather than finding cures for various illnesses.

Exhibit A: Lance Armstrong/Livestrong

Watch any movie based on a true medical story or any medical docu. It's pretty clear medical companies don't give one shit about anything other than money.

Puncture is particularity good.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 11, 2014, 17:24 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 16:16:
It's already too late. 1984 is on the way and there's nothing anyone can do about it short of violent revolution.

You know it's the truth if I agree with Cutter.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2014, 14:23 Agent.X7

Say 'I apologize' one more time, mother fucker. I dare you! I double-dog dare you!

Jackson was right, though. That guy should not be an entertainment reporter.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
42. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2014, 12:55 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 13:28:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2014, 14:43:
Just last week there was an attack at the high school not half a mile from my house. The perp was a former student who came with a knife. The police came and the perp attacked them. They could have easily shot him dead for that, but instead shit him in the arm so he dropped the knife. The kid has a history of mental illness, and apparently went off his meds. Now he'll have a chance at recovery.

That's actually unbelievably stupid and goes against what cops are trained to do. People can close moderate distances surprisingly fast and you might only have a second or two to evaluate and make a decision. There would be a lot more cops injured or killed if they had to second guess every situation and attempt non-lethal shots with a firearm (which makes no sense as PHJF points out).

Yeah, firearms are lethal weapons. People don't train to kill, they train to stop. (Well, except the military) BUT, when your adrenaline dumps into your bloodstream, you lose a lot of fine motor control. This is why nobody trains to shoot arms and legs. A - It's hard to hit a thinner target that is moving and B - Shooting someone in the legs or arms isn't safe like the movies would have you believe.

Also, the majority of people who get shot live through it as long as they get medical attention. I know, the media wants you to believe otherwise, but it's statistically true.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs in Q2
6. Re: Watch Dogs in Q2 Feb 10, 2014, 14:59 Agent.X7

Both of our distributors say June 24.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2014, 13:39 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 13:07:
Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 12:12:
I've had coloured keyboards but I've found only the red led isn't distracting and helps. Seeing as I always eat and drink at my keyboard I destroy them pretty fast so now silicone covers are far more important to me.

Makes sense. There's a reason cockpits have red lighting - your eyes have more red cones and can therefore see better in less red light. In order to see well in blue light, it needs to be brighter and will blow out your night vision.

Part of the reason why I hate the damn blue LEDs on everything. Yeah, I like blue much more than red, but in the dark those blue LEDs are blinding.

Heh, the stereo I put in my Jeep has two light modes - Red and Blue. I never use the blue because it's absolutely blinding at night. On a CAR stereo. Hello, genius designer, what was the point of including the blue LEDs? Oh, they're more visible in the day. Too bad switching the light mode involves using the remote to dig 6 layers deep into a menu.

Oh, and the default mode is blue. Because...they want people to crash?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2014, 03:00 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 19:07:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 17:06:
Don't you live in fucking Canada? How would anything Lincoln did or did not do effect your utopia/lack thereof?

Yeah, you're right. Because America has zero influence on us or the rest of the planet. Wow, spoken like an American who has never been outside of America. Or quite possibly his own town and/or state.

Rolleyes

Spoken like Cutter; Completely nonsensical.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2014, 17:08 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 16:54:
Hoop wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:53:
With all the cost involved & shear waste post games I predict in the future a ballot will be held to find & force a nation to hold a Summer or Winter Olympics.

If it wasn't for the extra opportunities for politicians to fill their pockets with cash, I don't think many countries would want to host the Olympics.

This.

carmelized meat/tomato sauce smells sorta like chocolate... its an earthy sweetness

I used to come home from work a lot thinking my wife was making waffles or cookies. Nope, just dinner, but it sure smelled like waffles/cookies. It's weird when it's meat.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2014, 17:06 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 13:01:
How strange, I burned the shit out of my pasta sauce yesterday when I forgot about it, sigh. Yesterday was a bad culinary day for me. Really off my game. Shoulda just went out for dinner.

And Subway...ewwww.

And I agree, Nye should have never debated that clown in the first place. The fact that even he gives those hillbillies credence does harm. Lincoln should have let the south go. They'd be happy living in their shacks in Jesusland while we'd be happy living in a Star Trek like utopia of the future.

Don't you live in fucking Canada? How would anything Lincoln did or did not do effect your utopia/lack thereof?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
22. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 16:30 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Feb 8, 2014, 14:39:
Uh, iMax has been doing fine for decades. Their screens are curved.

Yes, but are they "better"?

Well, in all honesty the only iMax movie I ever remember seeing was Planet of the Apes in Orlando. The screen was amazing, the picture was amazing, the movie was...less than amazing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2177 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo