Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2368 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Xbox One: Microsoft Jul 7, 2014, 20:22 Agent.X7

They could have just said "Microsoft cheaped out."  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 7, 2014, 19:24 Agent.X7

NEW TECHNOLOGY! SO SCARY! BAN IT!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 19:22 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 15:50:
nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 08:40:
Watch Sunset Overdrive's intro cinematic, 8 minutes of gameplay.

The one xbone game I wish I could play...

From the gameplay vid I'd have to ask "why" Pretty non impressive

The static pictures looked great, but yeah, once I saw 20 minutes of gameplay I decided that it probably would not be for me.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:35 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 17:11:
Yeah, gamestop? Uh uh...

My plan had been to pre-order from Amazon. By the time I got up (it was late, I am sick as a dog.) and read the news, Amazon was no longer taking orders for the PS4 version. I even checked with Best Buy before settling on Gamestop. I have about $70 in credit there still. (Watchdogs and The Last of Us were already fully paid up) I've been using it mostly for game time cards for ESO and Gems for GW2. I just hate dealing with the guys at the local store.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:05 Agent.X7

Good God, Gamestop is frustrating. Drive 10 minutes to store. NOBODY employed at the store has heard about the Ghost edition. You work in a game store and none of you read the gaming press? O..k...They look up a pre-order for me. Nope, not available yet. Dude, seriously? You know Amazon is sold out of PS4 pre-orders right now. I need to get this reserved so I actually get one. They tell me to reserve the regular and I can change it when the CE is in the system. Yeah, no.

Pre-ordered at Gamestop online. Of course, they don't do free release date shipping. Hell, they don't do ANY free shipping, not even to a store.

Anyway, this is the last of my credit there, and I hope to avoid them like the plague from now on. They banned me from trading in anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 14:46 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 14:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:49:
http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

Ghost edition of Destiny announced, along with Limited Edition and start of Beta access. (07/17 for PS4) Ghost Edition includes their version of a season pass. Excuse me, I have to run to Gamestop.

I can't tell if you're genuinely excited, or being facetious.

Excited. I got to play the Alpha on PS4 and it was a lot of fun. I'd prefer any FPS be on PC - in fact, I can barely play them if they aren't - but Destiny actually felt decent on PS4. No where near the spot on precision of a mouse, but way better than anything I have tried before, including Killzone on PS4. It had a bunch of stuff to do in a little area, the co-op was great. Just a lot of fun.

And I'm addicted to Collectors Editions.

Nin - yeah, it's a bit pricey, but you get a cool case, the Ghost model, and the 1 season of DLC. Those are normally $20, so it's really more like $130. I don't mind over $100 if it has a statue or something. The new Dragon Age CE is appalling because of the price and the lack of anything really solid for the price.

Also because it's Bioware and I'm not even buying that game for full price after ME2 and DA2 and SWTOR and...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 13:49 Agent.X7

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

Ghost edition of Destiny announced, along with Limited Edition and start of Beta access. (07/17 for PS4) Ghost Edition includes their version of a season pass. Excuse me, I have to run to Gamestop.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
23. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 4, 2014, 15:28 Agent.X7

UHD wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 12:46:
Ahahahaha "wahh women can have women-only things why can't men have men-only things wahh JUST LET BOYS BE BOYS abloobloobloo"

You have got to be kidding me.

Fucking Hearthstone isn't a manly game for manly people that demands only men play. Neither is Dota or Starcraft. Video games aren't inherently manly or whatever the hell.

If you want a men's only tournament, go make an explicitly men's only tournament, ignore the criticism and scorn of the world at large, and enjoy your sausagefest. Meanwhile eSports will make an attempt, however ham-fisted, to be all-inclusive and be a better thing for it.

Incidentally, there's ladies nights at bars because that brings women into the bar when they otherwise wouldn't bother. You don't need a men's night at a bar because men don't need the extra incentive.

Yeah, no.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
19. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 3, 2014, 22:00 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:52:
UHD wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:26:
Do not understand gender segregation in video game competition.

Okay actually that's a lie, I understand it completely: the people in charge, and sadly most of the competitive community at large, are sexist idiots. Like that one dumb bastard that insisted sexism was part of the culture and 'this isn't North Korea, I can say what I want' then followed it up with leering at one of the competitors through a camera.

It had nothing to do with sexism, unless you count regular sport gender segregation as sexist.

However their new segregation rules "Open for All" and "Women's Only" is definitively sexist. Not to mention retarded.

Same shit, different day.

I see all sorts of women only events all the time. You put up a men only event, people lose their shit.

Edited to say: Ladies night. Bar I worked at. Woman asked me why we didn't have one. I asked why we shouldn't have a men's night instead. "Men's night," she scoffed. "Every night is men's night."
"Bull. Shit. Lady," I said. "Every night is lady's night. When is the last time some guy bought you a drink? No, don't answer. I see you in here every night getting free drinks. When's the last time you bought a guy a drink?"
"Well, it doesn't work that way."
"Uh huh, and that's why every night is lady's night. Pay for your drink and let me serve the next customer."

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2014, 22:20.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week
8. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 5 Next Week Jul 3, 2014, 21:37 Agent.X7

Just picked this up on the Steam sale. Ep1 was fantastic. By the time I get to 5, it will have been out for a week or so. I need to do this with TWD too. And Borderlands.

Shit, these guys make some good games.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
12. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2014, 21:35 Agent.X7

Huh, how was CJ not on ignore? Fixed.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2014, 17:30 Agent.X7

descender wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 12:10:
The pizza article is a little scary, but also hilarious... the idiots sent the letters out USPS.

Just goes to show that all the digital anonymity in the world can't save people from themselves.

So dumb in a myriad of ways.

You mailed physical evidence. I'm guessing you weren't smart enough to wear gloves or not lick the envelopes.

You MAILED physical evidence. Even if you dropped it in an outgoing box, you still gave the FBI a great starting point.

You tried to extort small pizza businesses. I don't know about these pizza joints, but where I grew up at least half of the pizza joints were owned by the mob or their families. They would take this extortion attempt very well, I bet. You would wind up being a John Doe murder in the news in short order.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs DLC
1. Re: Watch Dogs DLC Jul 1, 2014, 19:58 Agent.X7

The Palace was either Gamestop pre-order or PS4 timed exclusive. Already played that mission. Pretty fun, but short.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 2 Begins
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 2 Begins Jul 1, 2014, 15:57 Agent.X7

There are a bunch of lesbian couples in GW lore. Caithe was with the leader of the Nightmare court before she turned evil. Marjori and the bimbo, whatshername, etc. Marjori was clearly gay way back in the beginning of season 1. It wasn't clear if the blond chick was until the very end of season 1.

Anyway, I love that they finally put a new land in! SO happy to explore another region from the original GW.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WildStar Updated
5. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 1, 2014, 13:03 Agent.X7

Angrius Maximis wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 12:20:
GW2 is for casual fucks that collect costumes and like Jumping Puzzles. Its like asking WoW to go F2P. no thanks. It keeps scrubs like you out

Wow, surprising depth and insight! You're so much better than us! I'll just ignore you now, so I don't bring you down from your lofty heights.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2014, 01:28 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:15:
fiftykyu wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:14:
Ahh, the Steam sale. Apologies for the spam incoming...

Looks like I got around 150 games

Holy shit! You win the Prez award!

I keep seeing everyone's Steam sale list and they blow my mind. I bought The Wolf Among Us. And...yeah, that's it. Whoo, $8!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
11. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jun 30, 2014, 20:03 Agent.X7

JediPunisher wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 20:00:
During his brief retirement, Cliffy was hard at work building his throne... a GoW chainsaw crack cleaner toilet... a must have for every a-hole.

Hehe, they had a whole display case at Epic with GoW stuff in it. Some pretty cool stuff. Guitar, lunchboxes, etc.

Am I the only one who still wants them to remkae the original Unreal with the newest engine and then make an actual sequel? I loved Unreal.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 20:00 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 18:10:
I haven't had cable or broadcast TV for 10 years. Only Netflix and disks. And no, I don't pirate. If I don't have anything I want to watch, I game.

Right there with you. Commercials make me nuts. Lack of unpackaged programming makes me nuts. I'd rather wait and buy the whole season on Amazon instant video or Blu-ray than watch 18 minutes of commercials per 40 minutes of show. I watch quite a few shows every year, and I spend less just paying for what I want than I would paying for cable or sat TV.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 15:47 Agent.X7

I agree with Creston.

When Sci-Fi canceled Farscape it wasn't because nobody was watching. It was their highest rated show. They just felt it wasn't a high enough profit margin. Not even that it wasn't profitable, it just wasn't bringing them swimming pools full of money to bathe in, so they canceled it. Same with Stargate SG-1, Warehouse 13, Eureka, oh shit, just name any decent, actual sci-fi show on SyFy and they canceled it. (Oh, and also because Bonnie Hammer is a sci-fi hating bitch. God only knows why you would hire her to run a fucking SCI-FI TV CHANNEL!)

Sci-fi fans are more than willing to support their shows. You could charge us for each episode and we would pay it, but for the fact that you (the TV industry) are too goddamn stupid to figure that out. (even when you've been told)

Shit, it took Fox over a decade to figure out that people love Firefly. Heads. In. The. Sand.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 12:38 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 11:39:
4 ways Cracked's whining is really just a quite blatant shill.

It should be "4 ways the old white guys people in charge of networks are killing themselves by refusing to adapt and overcome."

Seriously.

Edited because Bonnie Hammer single-handedly ruined Sci-Fi.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2368 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo