Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2304 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2014, 15:20 Agent.X7

Just posting to say that I will be at Epic Games for an upcoming event! Excited to visit their studio and play Fortnite until my eyeballs fall out. Maybe I can weasel a job out of someone while I am there.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Secret Service Jun 4, 2014, 21:28 Agent.X7

Humans can't even reliably detect sarcasm in social media. Good luck with that. Let us know when Skynet comes online.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 18:26 Agent.X7

People are funny. All worried about being recorded by Glass, and yet unaware that for less than $200 you can buy recording gear that looks like a real pair of glasses, or a button, or a lighter - all of which record better quality video/pictures.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
6. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 4, 2014, 18:18 Agent.X7

Free game? OK, I will sample your wares.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
19. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 4, 2014, 01:40 Agent.X7

RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 23:05:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 20:55:
I can finally shoot back when I am getting shot at. I used to freeze once I started getting hit which meant I died every time someone got at least one hit on me. Now I can take cover and shoot back. 100% better than it was.

Is this with "High Frequency Update" set to "OFF", "LOW", "MEDIUM", or "HIGH"?

High.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 3, 2014, 20:55 Agent.X7

Finally. It worked fine in BF3, but they had to try to "fix it" in BF4 and it's been bad since release.

I can finally shoot back when I am getting shot at. I used to freeze once I started getting hit which meant I died every time someone got at least one hit on me. Now I can take cover and shoot back. 100% better than it was.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record
31. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 19:45 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 19:30:
Best overheard conversation in the game...

Homeless man: "I am just like our president....hoping for some change"

My favorite was a hacked phone conversation I heard.

Some back and forth between a man and a woman about him not being ready, and her forcing him to go, and he doesn't want to go that ends with her her saying: "I know you don't want to, but Psalms 16:17 say I will smack the shit outta you you don't show up for church."

Cracked me up.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 3, 2014, 18:09 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 17:25:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 12:28:
I suspected as much when I originally saw the solar freakin' roadways video, however I didn't take time to think about it. At a simplistic level it seems like a great idea, but in reality it makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad, I could go for not having to shovel snow off my driveway any longer...

Yes, but just like Mr. British accent, it's easy to pick apart an idea and much harder to look into why it could work. His first complaint is that asphalt is such a wonderful, grippy surface and glass is not. Which is bullshit, as anyone in a state where it rains a lot or freezes in the winter can tell you. Get an inch of rain and your wonderful asphalt is about as grippy as ice. The guy sounds like a fucking shill for the oil industry.

And the cost? Well, holy fuck, nobody said it would all be replaced in a year, or even a decade. Not to mention power production mitigates a lot of that cost over time.

Yeah, while that video brings up some fairly interesting and completely valid points it also makes abundant use of the "this is too much of a problem to overcome" tactic. In other words, acknowledge that we have a difficult issue to address but make the proposed solution seem like an even bigger hassle so as to get people to stop thinking of solutions before they even start.

Personally, I look at this technology/concept and see it as something you use in parking lots or drive ways. I am not really sure I see it being something you can use for long distances or heavily traveled freeways. I don't think it needs to be limited to road ways either. For example, if corporate buildings had these things on the sides they could both save energy and sell space for advertising.

In the end, if the energy and pollution required to produce the things does not outweigh the savings after they are on the market (and that is a huge IF) than I think this tech will find a place.....after quite a bit of concept evolution. I seriously doubt I will see HWY 101 or HWY 880 covered in these things anytime soon.

Yeah, definitely easier to prove the concept in private parking lots and such anyway. Get the government involved and testing won't be approved for decades, if ever.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
14. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 16:58 Agent.X7

Steele Johnson wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:41:
I think due to the impending video game crash, this game will do fairly well since there aren't a whole lot of triple-A games to play these days (there's still a lot of gamers who only want to play triple-A titles).

This industry is rapidly changing. The new consoles will not see nearly as many triple-A games as their predecessors given the ridiculously high cost of development (hence the crash) and the higher risk. Developers are moving onto the smaller companies with lower budget and focusing on a wider install base (PC/Mac/Tablet/Phone). I actually feel bad for people that rushed out and bought the current gen console. I guess they can use it for other things like movie streaming, etc, but the current gen consoles for gaming is not going to happen.

Hopefully after the crash, the industry will recover by building tools and hardware to decrease the cost of developing triple-A titles, but I doubt that will be the direction. I'd really hate for the next 10 years to be low-budget mobile games and early access PC/Mac. That's not what I care about as a gamer. But I have a bad feeling it's going to be fairly boring for a long time after the crash until VR comes along. But I have my doubts about the first versions of VR tech, too. The industry is currently in a sad state... and it's an end to an amazing era that I'll never forget.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:57 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:33:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:34:
. They say this is not only a Ubisoft record, but it also makes Watch Dogs the bestselling new IP in history based on NPD and GFK data and internal estimates as of June 3, 2014.

BS

Peak players on Steam is only 25k. Well below SEVERAL games. There is no way this set any records other than their own.

Sorry but I can't stop wondering with every single comment you write: are you somewhere between 12 and 15? Ffs man, there's more places out there than Steam. Use your bloody ooze!

Yup, he's a 12 year old police ma..er, boy. They made a movie about him. Hoogie Dowser, the wonder-boy cop!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 16:49 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:05:
D-day landings scenes in 1944 and now.

Those are amazing....gives me chills...

yeah, that was really cool. Amazing how many of those buildings survived and look almost the exact same now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 3, 2014, 16:47 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 12:28:
I suspected as much when I originally saw the solar freakin' roadways video, however I didn't take time to think about it. At a simplistic level it seems like a great idea, but in reality it makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad, I could go for not having to shovel snow off my driveway any longer...

Yes, but just like Mr. British accent, it's easy to pick apart an idea and much harder to look into why it could work. His first complaint is that asphalt is such a wonderful, grippy surface and glass is not. Which is bullshit, as anyone in a state where it rains a lot or freezes in the winter can tell you. Get an inch of rain and your wonderful asphalt is about as grippy as ice. The guy sounds like a fucking shill for the oil industry.

And the cost? Well, holy fuck, nobody said it would all be replaced in a year, or even a decade. Not to mention power production mitigates a lot of that cost over time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:25 Agent.X7

I have played way too much of this game on my PS4. (To the point where I have a couple of ultra-rare achievements) Funny enough, I haven't even finished act II on the story yet. I think the story is fine. Typical action movie stuff. Not horrible, but not Naughty Dog, either.

-I like the driving. Feels better to me than GTA V, which I constantly crashed in.
-I like the shooting. Very solid, similar to Uncharted.
- I like that there is so much to do. Races, smash and crash, hacking, gang hideouts, side missions up the wazzoo!
- Guns! Lot's of guns! Aiden uses a Beretta PX4 by default, my current favorite! (Although his is .45, mines a .40)
- Online play is low key, and feels like a part of the game, not something forced in. So much fun when another player invades you.
- Fantastic graphics on PS4. Smooth frame rate.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
12. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 16:15 Agent.X7

Unlike anything currently available, WildStar delivers a beautiful and distinctive artistic animation style

Unlike anything currently available EXCEPT WORLD OF WARCRAFT WHICH HAS THE EXACT SAME ART STYLE.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased
1. Re: Fable Anniversary for PCs Teased Jun 2, 2014, 20:32 Agent.X7

Yeah! I love Fable. Now if only they would port Fable 2 to the PC...  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
35. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 13:20 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 12:58:
Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 11:02:
Even with make believe there's just stretching it past the point of incredulity. Yeah, a nation of people so badly off they eat dirt suddenly turns it all around and conquers the world. Uh huh. Yeah. Sure.

I'm sure all the right-wing extremist, open carry gun nuts will be fapping furiously over this however. 'See! See what will happen if we're not allowed to walk around with assault rifles!'

Well, the Mongols were so poor they wore coats made of the sewn-together skins of field mice to keep warm. And they ended up conquering the world.

But, yeah, I know what you're saying.

Yup, and Germany was too poor after WWI to possibly be a threat. Oh, wait.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2014, 13:15 Agent.X7

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:42:
The 60 Minutes story on the F-35 last night was a repeat story (as all their stories will be until the summer is over). $124-156 million a piece depending on the model, and they want to buy 2400 of them. The current $165 billion overage, will be a drop in the bucket by the time it's all over. Currently the projected expenditure over the life of the program is in excess of $1 trillion. I figure you could safely bet on at least double that by the end.

The ridiculous part is that we scrapped the F-14 because it was mega expensive and had insane maintenance costs and manhours, and yet here we are again less than 10 years later with a fighter than costs even more per plane sucking up all our defense budget. (Well, not really since budgets don't mean shit, we just overrun them willy-nilly)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
28. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 12:52 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:41:
I am one of the few people that actually liked the first one. Even in multiplayer. I will give this a go. Not a pre-order or a launch day purchase though. I liked the original but at the end of the day it was at best a competent shooter.

Than again, I liked Bulletstorm too. My taste in shooters doesn't seem to be line with many others if sales are any indication.

I'm with you. The single-player was very mediocre, but the multiplayer was a lot of fun. Very close to Battlefield in terms of vehicles and such. It's basically what I played while waiting for BF3 to release.

I liked Bulletstorm too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 1, 2014, 20:47 Agent.X7

ViRGE wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 20:23:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 18:36:
But suddenly everyone is going to pay more for one that was IN A FUCKING LANDFILL?!?! %)
On the contrary. I expect any bids they get for this garbage will be tiny. Gamers aren't quite as dumb as we give them credit for, especially on something as mind-bogglingly common as Atari games.

Not on the contrary, as I was using sarcasm.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
70. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 19:12 Agent.X7

My mother, however, had been on hundreds of calls and had never known the dispatcher to be wrong so went to the house anyway. The same woman answered and said, "Oh thank God you're here." Turns out she was vaginally bleeding, but would have rather bled out than let the male cop help her. It's a good argument that in public service both genders are essential.

pffft. I have been on THOUSANDS (more than 12,000) of calls and dispatchers are wrong ALL LOT MORE THAN NEVER! I have also been on "bleeds" in the same situation - never been told not to come in. Usually I just lock up for them as they run out to the ambo. And a comment like "don't go in that room" is sometimes said as she is running out the door.....I feel bad for people in those situations - to them it is traumatic, but to police/fire/emt, it is just another day/another call. Isn't personal and I don't judge.

I can attest to that. At my house in NY the police kept showing up at my door at 2AM claiming someone from my address called 911 according to dispatch. For a week straight. Same 2 officers every night around 2AM. I even showed them the second night that neither my phone nor my wife's had been used to call 911, and we had no land line. Never did find out what was going on, but it stopped after a week.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2014, 19:17.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2304 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo