Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2214 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month
9. Re: Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month Apr 13, 2014, 20:10 Agent.X7

Gadzooks wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 18:56:
"The DLC's story will take place after the multiplayer campaign"

Wait... wut? Titanfall had a story?

I think this is breaking news to all titanfall players.
Especially to those of us whose resolutions cut off the little window where it took place.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
30. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 23:56 Agent.X7

I just...I mean...how does this fit at all with his "SWG players, welcome home" thing? Uh, Zombies....yeah, not seeing the connection.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 10, 2014, 23:55 Agent.X7

CLICKBAIT!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 19:48 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:31:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:03:
The Mumbling Warrior probably died due to an enlarged heart, a side effect of his steroid use.

Meanwhile, check out something that really matters, like what Carl Sagan said.

He made millions of people happy. So yeah, that matters. In fact, it matters a whole lot more. Come talk to us when you've done the same.

You're just mad because I said it first and now you can't be seen to agree, so you have to attack instead.

Crack makes millions of people happy. Your logic sucks.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 13:03 Agent.X7

The Mumbling Warrior probably died due to an enlarged heart, a side effect of his steroid use.

Meanwhile, check out something that really matters, like what Carl Sagan said.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
15. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 23:28 Agent.X7

Frijoles wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 23:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 19:10:
This game is FUN! It's only in alpha, so I can't wait to see what gets added and how much more fun it becomes.

Are the monsters an actual threat? One thing I hate about vanilla Minecraft is that you can defeat the AI by digging a hole in the ground. A lot of survival games are very similar. After X hours (and in cases like Minecraft, minutes), there's just no challenge because the mobs suck. Or rather, surviving the environment is the challenge. The mobs are just an annoyance.

Well, they can destroy your fort. They are mostly slow moving and fairly easy to avoid, like zombies. But, the danger is in being complacent around them, and in assuming that your fort will stop them. Depending on the size of the monster and what you made your fort out of, they will take it quick or slow. So, you have to actually defend the fort. You can do this from the outside, or if you made holes, or from the roof, or however you can think of. you can also build awesome traps to stop them. I LOVE chaining trap types into each other. Floor springs that bounce them into spikes in the roof while a flamethrower toasts them.

It sort of has some of the flavor of Don't Starve. Building weapons and tools, finding supplies, Day/night cycle. Monsters mostly come at night. Mostly.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Crew This Fall
2. Re: The Crew This Fall Apr 8, 2014, 19:40 Agent.X7

The game that was so good, they delayed it most of a year! (Because nothing really made it stand out from the 6 other race games that were supposed to be released at the same time.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
4. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 19:10 Agent.X7

I've been alpha testing this since October. They sent the first 500 of us a cool little dog tag.

This game is FUN! It's only in alpha, so I can't wait to see what gets added and how much more fun it becomes.

Basically you have a bunch of areas with missions. You start an area and build a fort to protect yourself at night, when the monsters come out. During the day you try to complete the objectives to move on to the next board. Pretty much everything is destructible, and there are a lot of hidden areas. They shut down the test right before Christmas, and we've been eagerly waiting for them to start it back up again.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 8, 2014, 15:15 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 14:50:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:57:
Is that a mouse or a Decepticon?

Wasn't the Cyborg Rat the first tunable gaming mouse?

Maybe they mean the first one that works well. I had an MMO7 rat mouse. It would randomly stop tracking for 5 to 30 seconds at a time. Cyborg blamed everything but the cheap sensors they used. Went back to Logitech.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs Apr 8, 2014, 13:37 Agent.X7

Assassin's Creed: Middle-Earth

I might actually play this.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
17. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 12:50 Agent.X7

Uplay kind of sucks, but I will be getting this on PS4 so I don't care.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: LOL Cutter Apr 6, 2014, 19:28 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 18:58:
Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 18:40:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:50:
How much pee in a pool would kill you...submitted by Cutter, roflmao.

Conducted by Ars. Can you understand it ok? Need some help, sport?

How big of a pool would it have to be to hold 3 million people???

Dumbest "science" article of the year award! "The answer may surprise you!" Or not.

Of course, Chile's giving money to some morons who still think vaccines cause Autism is genius material as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
56. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 5, 2014, 15:24 Agent.X7

Zoom wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 14:22:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:28:
I'd say very few. It's obvious that World of Warcraft was a unique case. I like this game, but I don't see any reason why this one will buck the trend.
WoW was nothing special either. The only thing going for it was a very expensive and clever marketing campaign that involved grassroots propaganda to spark up the social networking around it. I remember i was quite surprised many of my friends would fall for it, but they went "because everyone else is there"...
I'm not saying TES online will repeat this, just that popularity is not tied to quality.

Too cool for school!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

54. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 5, 2014, 11:31 Agent.X7

5 day headstart and I still don't have a character above 12. (Ok, I have one 12 and one 9, but still...)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

41. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 15:24 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 15:18:
osage no onna wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 15:09:
Maybe they can start talking about Fallout 4 now that they got this thing out of the way.

Different studios, weren't they?

Yeah, ESO is Zenimax Online, which is owned by Zenimax, the parent corporation of Bethesda. People from Beth soft lent a helping hand, but Bethesda is working on the new Fallout and a some other projects. Bethesda is also the name Zenimax uses to publish games now, so it can be a bit convoluted and confusing at times.

Edit - I keep forgetting this is coming for XBONE and PS4 too. Not going to be as good for them, I think.

EDIT AGAIN: Bethesda Softworks is the publishing arm of Zenimax. Under them is Bethesda Game Studios, iD software, Arkane studios, and Zenimax Online. (Also a couple of others, I forget.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

35. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 14:30 Agent.X7

I feel like I'm stuck on repeat, but here I go again. (On my own?)

I was interested until they announced the subscription plan. Then I wanted nothing to do with it. I even skipped my beta invite months ago.

Fast forward to last Saturday when I am bombarded by a friend with videos of him playing. He didn't like it, but the more I watched the more I wanted to play.

So like the MMO idiot I am, I purchased the digital copy from Beth and played starting at 2PM on Sunday. And I've been playing all week, ignoring my beloved INfamous 2 and every other game.

If you like the Elder Scroll games, this is pretty damn good. The graphics are not quite as good, but still amazing for an MMO. The combat suffers a bit from the MMO lock on syndrome (You can't dodge just by stepping out of the way of an incoming missile attack, you have to use the dodge skill or it will follow you and hit anyway.) but it's still miles above the typical WoW clone. (This and GW2 are my favorites so far.) The stories are pretty good, and they don't bombard you with walls of text or 20 minute speaches for each mission like a lot of MMOs. You can pretty much read as much or as little as you like to get the quests. Quests do not involve killing 5 of anything. Phasing is used a LOT and to great effect.

If you don't like MMOs, then you probably won't change your mind over ESO. If you do, however, this is a pretty damn good one. Good enough to get me to subscribe for a while, which is something I didn't ever want to do again.

Edit: Forgot to add that I purchased the Physical Imperial Edition today I like it so much. Probably going to be selling the game code at some point if anyone is interested.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 17:20 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 15:37:
Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 14:20:
Specs look pretty good. Microphone in the remote for voice search, kickin MS right in the pants. I like the optional controller but I find most mobile games to be pretty shit. I guess I could use it as an emulator box for everything sub-PS2.

It will have Plex app support so you can do all of your local content too, bam sold. Been waiting forever for something like this.

In the Say It, Watch It section of that Amazon link, they show someone selecting Game of Thrones Season 3 to watch. But that's only available on HBO Go, which isn't supported. Truth in advertising?

Um, no. Available on Amazon Video.

http://tinyurl.com/k49uu4r

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 14:03 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 11:58:
This Amazon FireTV thing looks ballin. Hulu, Netflix, Instant Video and it runs Android so I can probably run XBMC and get all of my local content too. Could finally be a true all in one HTPC. Quad core CPU, 2GB of memory, remote, etc. Not bad for $99, its ability to run XBMC will be the deal breaker for me since I want something that does local content too.

Edit: oh right link - http://gizmodo.com/amazons-fire-tv-everything-you-need-to-know-1556889628

Just the thing to get my wife and kid to stop touching my Playstations to watch Amazon Prime video.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Oculus Rift Apr 2, 2014, 11:17 Agent.X7

Read: Shit, we don't a have a VR headset in the works! Quick, spin it! SPIN IT!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

37. Re: Chick-fil-A steals KFC's chicken crown. Apr 2, 2014, 11:14 Agent.X7

They are all over the Charlotte metro area. I'm pretty indifferent, but then again I don't really eat fast food very much. When I do, it tends to be to get a shake from Steak and Shake, or once in a while a small fry from McDonalds, never a sandwich.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2214 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo