Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2298 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 23:35 Agent.X7

So E3 this year is pretty much "Hi, every game you really, really want will not be out until 2015. See you next year!"  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 22:56 Agent.X7

UNCHARTED 4!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 17:05 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 16:57:
Think you're low on squirrels, dude...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@bluesnews.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Getting the same thing. Seems to happen every year around E3 though. Everyone wants the newest news, NOW!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2014, 14:48 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 13:38:
AAAnd new Tomb Raider announced...

BOOOOOOM! So happy.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
15. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 8, 2014, 23:29 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 19:48:
What else did you expect, once the official server hosting came online? People should not be profiting from running a multiplayer server for any game...

Why not? You think they should do it for free, even though they pay to operate the server?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2014, 23:28 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 15:43:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 15:36:
nin wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 12:23:
Was just reading about the Bill Watterson thing...how fucking cool is that?

I don't read PBS, and wonder if I would have picked it up (Watterson doing panels), if I did. Now that it's revealed, I can certainly see the resemblance.

Yeah, he was my favorite as a kid. I have the ridiculously heavy complete collection on my bookshelf. I've always wished he would return to comics, even if for a limited run. I guess this counts, but I would prefer it if he did his own stuff.

Seen both of these? I've got both, but haven't got a chance to sit down with them yet.

STRIPPED The Comics Documentary. Featured in this one, I believe.

Dear Mr. Watterson. Don't believe he's personally in this one, but it's about the legacy of Calvin and Hobbes.

I have not yet. I saw the poster he did, and the trailer for that one, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet. Wasn't even aware of the second one. I have to check these out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2014, 15:36 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 12:23:
Was just reading about the Bill Watterson thing...how fucking cool is that?

I don't read PBS, and wonder if I would have picked it up (Watterson doing panels), if I did. Now that it's revealed, I can certainly see the resemblance.

Yeah, he was my favorite as a kid. I have the ridiculously heavy complete collection on my bookshelf. I've always wished he would return to comics, even if for a limited run. I guess this counts, but I would prefer it if he did his own stuff.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 7, 2014, 15:12 Agent.X7

95% of Americans believe 100% of unscientific surveys mean more than they do.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
30. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 6, 2014, 14:29 Agent.X7

Nullity wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 13:08:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 18:21:
I never played 2. I tried one a few times, but the tight time limit killed that game for me. But, yeah, this game is tons of fun. Mowing down crowds of Zeds with a motorcycle/lawn mower combo. Hitting them with a sledge-hammer strapped with grenades.

I will probably get this for PC when it isn't $60.

Wait, so DR3 removed that atrocious time limit mechanic?

I played a little DR1 when it first came out, but like you, I felt the timer just killed the fun. I was interested in DR2, but before it came out, I read that it still had the timer, so I never touched it. After that I didn't care anymore and never payed attention. If DR3 no longer has that damn timer, I'll probably pick this up.

Though even if it does, being on the PC, hopefully someone will release a hack to disable it.

It has a really long time limit that basically depends on you doing the main story missions to run it down. I screwed around a lot between missions and never noticed the time limit going down except when I completed a main story mission.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
30. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 6, 2014, 04:58 Agent.X7

Ant wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 01:33:
Aww, I missed it but then game's ratings aren't that high. :/

Yeah, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. It's amusing in a year 2000 kind of way. Graphics are pretty decent, the slo-mo sniper kill shots with x-ray are cool, but the game is just very old school shooter. I guess I am just spoiled now, but it seems very shallow. Go here, shoot Nazis, blow this up, end mission. Occasionally watch really horrible cut scene.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2014, 20:36 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 18:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 15:20:
Just posting to say that I will be at Epic Games for an upcoming event! Excited to visit their studio and play Fortnite until my eyeballs fall out. Maybe I can weasel a job out of someone while I am there.

Let us know if Fortnite is any good. I was turned off by the cartoony graphics.

I can already tell you it is good. I was Alpha testing it 4th quarter last year. Epic even sent me a cool little dog tag for it.

The cartoony graphics kind of play into the fun, goofy overtone. I went into it not expecting much more than a new take on Minecraft. It got to the point where I could not wait for the Alpha servers to be up on the weekends.

It's procedurally generated maps on a game board. You have to move from map to map to progress in the game. Each map has a goal and a theme. (Wilderness, city, suburbs, etc.) In some maps we had to rescue people, in others we had to shut down things, or build and defend things. You can build a ton of weapons, and - of course - forts. Most of my forts ended up being skybridges to other locations, but I have seen some crazy complex stuff.

Back then monsters really only showed up at night, when portals would open and spill them out. You had all the day cycle to build and explore, and the night you would defend your fort and kill monsters. I understand that has changed a bit now. (We haven't been testing since Christmas.)

It's a bit like TF2 mixed with Minecraft. Highly addictive and fun to play with others.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 20:26 Agent.X7

ViRGE wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 18:43:
descender wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:30:
6GB of ram minimum?!? For that fuzzy, dated looking garbage?

God damn programmers have gotten fucking lazy.
It's a game built for a console with 8GB of RAM. Don't be surprised when your PC needs as much (or more) resources than a console to play console ports.

A lot of the issues we seem to be running into with the newest ports is that the PS4/Xbone can use a ton of that memory for V-ram, so much so that they end up using more V-ram than the most common video cards have available.

Also, it's not too shabby looking on the XBone, so I imagine that the PC version will look even better. Remember, You Tube. That video looks very compressed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 18:21 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 15:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 15:22:
PHJF wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:29:
Great, as long as they don't completely muck up the port I can see myself getting this.

It was pretty fun on XBone, just not worth $500 for an Xbone.

I miss the bright colors/look of a shopping mall and Vegas (from the first two games). I see there's still crazy stuff to do/make, but I miss the vibe of the previous games. Would you say it's as fun as the previous games?

I probably wouldn't buy it anyway, as my video card is close to the minimum spec (between this and Elite, it may be the year I finally have to look at an upgrade).

I never played 2. I tried one a few times, but the tight time limit killed that game for me. But, yeah, this game is tons of fun. Mowing down crowds of Zeds with a motorcycle/lawn mower combo. Hitting them with a sledge-hammer strapped with grenades.

I will probably get this for PC when it isn't $60.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 15:22 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:29:
Great, as long as they don't completely muck up the port I can see myself getting this.

It was pretty fun on XBone, just not worth $500 for an Xbone.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2014, 15:20 Agent.X7

Just posting to say that I will be at Epic Games for an upcoming event! Excited to visit their studio and play Fortnite until my eyeballs fall out. Maybe I can weasel a job out of someone while I am there.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Secret Service Jun 4, 2014, 21:28 Agent.X7

Humans can't even reliably detect sarcasm in social media. Good luck with that. Let us know when Skynet comes online.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 18:26 Agent.X7

People are funny. All worried about being recorded by Glass, and yet unaware that for less than $200 you can buy recording gear that looks like a real pair of glasses, or a button, or a lighter - all of which record better quality video/pictures.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
6. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 4, 2014, 18:18 Agent.X7

Free game? OK, I will sample your wares.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
19. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 4, 2014, 01:40 Agent.X7

RaZ0r! wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 23:05:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 20:55:
I can finally shoot back when I am getting shot at. I used to freeze once I started getting hit which meant I died every time someone got at least one hit on me. Now I can take cover and shoot back. 100% better than it was.

Is this with "High Frequency Update" set to "OFF", "LOW", "MEDIUM", or "HIGH"?

High.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield 4 "Netcode" Patch
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Jun 3, 2014, 20:55 Agent.X7

Finally. It worked fine in BF3, but they had to try to "fix it" in BF4 and it's been bad since release.

I can finally shoot back when I am getting shot at. I used to freeze once I started getting hit which meant I died every time someone got at least one hit on me. Now I can take cover and shoot back. 100% better than it was.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2298 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo