Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2651 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2015, 21:40 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 20:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 18:21:
Wow, that was very interesting. Yet another reason I can add to my list for not getting general anesthesia, ever.

Well, millions of people get general anesthesia yearly without issue. There are only a few 1000 of these people in the world, and it's not even determined that anesthesia is the cause. Of course you should get local if there's a choice, but if it's a choice between dying or general anesthesia, please choose life. We'd miss ya.

@ nin, where do you find this stuff?

Yeah, I've personally known two people who died from general anesthesia, and another who had a very bad reaction. Whatever the odds, losing two people makes you pretty gun shy. I've had two operations done under local that the first couple of surgeons told me I could do unless I was under general. I just found another surgeon who would do it my way. The one was preformed in an operating theater with seven interns observing. He numbed up the left side of my rib cage and was about to put up a barrier so I couldn't see. I was like, hey man, if I was nice enough to agree to let seven strangers watch me get cut open the least you could do would be to let me watch too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Into the Black Jan 26, 2015, 18:21 Agent.X7

Wow, that was very interesting. Yet another reason I can add to my list for not getting general anesthesia, ever.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 17:59 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 17:38:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 14:18:
Nonsense article is full of nonsense. Wow.

There is no pendulum. People play games on what they want to. Hell, I play games on my high end pc, Xbone, PS4, 3DS, tablet, and phone. The author acts like people stopped playing PC games when the Bone and PS4 released.

I feel the opposite is true. Since the launch of XB1 and PS4, I haven't seen a massive swing back toward consoles. It seems to me that games coverage and discussion swung toward PC at the end of the PS3 and 360 life cycle. During the heyday of the 360 and PS3 we kept hearing about the end of the PC as a gaming platform. That's largely gone away and not come back.

People have been writing articles about the end of PC gaming since it started. Every time a new console came out, PC gaming was dead. (I remember reading this in the 80s when the NES and Master system came out.) I saw the signs in pig entrails this morning, PC gaming is dead! George Bush was elected a second time, PC gaming is dead!

Anyone that writes an article about anything proclaiming it dead - unless they write the obituaries - is writing a click bait article. Metal is dead! Rock is dead! Cars are dead! Tablets are dead! Desktop PCs are dead! It's all bullshit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 17:52 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 14:42:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 14:18:

There is no pendulum. People play games on what they want to. Hell, I play games on my high end pc, Xbone, PS4, 3DS, tablet, and phone. The author acts like people stopped playing PC games when the Bone and PS4 released.

Some people aren't happy unless they take sides, and then proclaim their decision to anyone who'll listen.

It's childish, really. This isn't 2nd grade recess, no mater how much some act like it.

I can see from a technical standpoint, to a degree. I mean, arguing that the Bone is more powerful than the PS4 is just deluding yourself. Arguing that the PS4 is WAY better than the Bone because SONY is also ludicrous, though, since even mid-range PC graphics cards crush them both.

I like the PS4 better. I just like Sony better. I like their exclusives better, I like the system better. But, (launch fuck ups aside) the Bone is OK too. I got one and sold it pretty quick, but then I got another one when they removed the Kinect and came out with some decent stuff. Sunset Overdrive is really fun. I'm looking forward to Fable Legends. I like using Amazon Video and Blu-rays more on the Bone because they have a damn remote. (Although you can't buy Amazon movies from there, you have to go to a PC. WTF?)

But, it's not like I ever stopped playing PC games. Still playing GW2. Still playing BF4 on and off. As much as I loved Destiny's controls on the PS4, the M+K is WAY better for shooters. The thing about PCs now is that you don't have to upgrade them nearly as often to enjoy the top end graphics. I used to plunk down cash every year for upgrades, not so much anymore.

And the argument that VR is going to change everything and put PCs on top? Did they miss that PS4 has a headset coming out, and that Microsoft is making the Hololens? Because that won't wind up on XBone as well?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
23. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 17:34 Agent.X7

Fonzie is on his skis, preparing to jump. Everybody wave!

Indy just jumped into a refrigerator. Look out, prairie dog!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 14:18 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Google fiber Jan 24, 2015, 20:21 Agent.X7

Fuck yeah!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
20. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 20:19 Agent.X7

*does a happy dance, waits for CE announcement*  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2015, 21:40 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 16:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 14:54:
Task wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 13:40:
lol George Bush, McCain, Obama, Kerry, and all the White House Cronies are gushing crocodile tears on twitter for their favorite King's death. One tyrant to another said, "We'll miss you dearly." (Koolaid Example 1), but the tyrants are perplexed by the replies, getting better, and better all the time, yeeha, 'Murica.

Saudi Arabia doesn't just finance the ISIS but it's "law" system is nearly identical in barbarism... but then the US with it's illegal prisons, state sponsored kidnappings and torture fits right in.

Hey, hey, hey. On the plus side, we have the largest prison population in the world! America, #1!

LOL.

30 years from today I will be 69, dude! (Bill and Ted? Anyone?)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Interviews
29. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 22, 2015, 19:32 Agent.X7

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 09:17:
'I don't like people thinking we're doing underhanded, dirty shit.'

Same here. I prefer the underhanded, dirty shit I do to go unnoticed, if at all possible.

Exactly. We're doing dirty, underhanded shit, but we want you to ignore that and heap praise on our game!

Selling me characters is something I might accept from a F2P game, since they need to monetize it somehow. Selling me characters in a game that has just about nothing else to show for the $60 you want me to spend on it is ludicrous. You deserve all the backlash you get for such a dimwitted move. Did you forget that people have played the game? We know it's not a $60 already. You still want to charge that AND sell us $40 worth of DLC. Derp.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
14. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 22, 2015, 00:18 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 23:22:
PC gamers rejoice! Today the announcement youíve been waiting for has been made; Fable Legends will be available to play on both Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One.

Who, exactly, was waiting on that? Also, if that's what we have to rejoice about with regards to Windows 10, then... yay.

Well, I wasn't exactly waiting, but Fable is one of the reasons I own an XBone.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 17:54 Agent.X7

I had a standing desk in my office for a while when sitting was painful due to a back injury. (The pain was actually in my ass/upper leg which was why sitting on it sucked.)

I wasn't thrilled with it. I don't think standing in one spot is great for you either, but I would spend a lot of time shifting my weight from one foot to another uncomfortably. I prefer just getting up to stretch once in a while. Get an alarm app or something that alerts you to as stand up and walk every 30 minutes. Or one of those fitness bracelets. (That's their real value; Motivating and alerting you.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
34. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March Jan 21, 2015, 17:39 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:23:
Gee, what a surprise.
Wry

I think Cutter actually speaks for many of us this time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 19:15 Agent.X7

Agent.X7
It would take you...
1268 continuous hours
52 days,20 hours,42 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
9. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 19:09 Agent.X7

Hearthstone has been really laggy lately too. I've missed whole turns because of it.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2015, 19:08 Agent.X7

#AreYouSerious?
#JustGetOverIt

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2015, 23:49 Agent.X7

All the gold farmers must be having a ball. 10 years of ripping people off and we get a statue to sell on eBay? Wahoo!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
28. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 21:21 Agent.X7

verybad1 wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 14:38:
So a PTW, Zombie, Early Access game ISN'T a new idea...!

Well gosh golly, I'da thought that would get everyone excited.

Seriously, WTF are there so many damned Zombie games? I don't mind a few sure, but it's effing ridiculous.

As opposed to high fantasy RPGs, MMORPGs, action games, etc, etc, etc.

As opposed to modern military shooters.

And why are there so damn many rock bands, anyway? I mean, who can listen to all those albums?

There are a lot of zombie games because people like zombies. It's not hard to understand.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
36. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 17, 2015, 15:42 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 23:10:
Watch_Dogs really doesn't deserve all the bile people spit at it. Were the graphics less impressive than the initial reveal? Sure, but they still looked good (especially when raining). Was the gameplay revolutionary? No, but it was solid and enjoyable if you tried to play stealthy and relied on hacking to complete objectives.

I think the big problem with Watch_Dogs is that the early game just isn't very interesting. Most of your cool abilities are locked behind the skill tree and most of the interesting missions happen later in the game. Also, the traffic traps system wasn't super intuitive and you had very limited battery power at the start of the game, so most players would trigger traps at the wrong time, miss the pursuing cars and then be unable to trigger any more traps for the rest of the chase.

It's a shame most people didn't stick with it because the hacking stuff was pretty fun later in the game. The online hacking was also very cool.

I for one loved Watchdogs and will definitely play the sequel. I find it funny that he harps on about the alternate reality games, though, as that was my least favorite part.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > WildStar Changes Planned
10. Re: WildStar Changes Planned Jan 15, 2015, 15:23 Agent.X7

You want to fix your game? Stop charging a subscription. Realize that teenagers aren't your biggest audience and that the people who are don't have time to sit down for 10 hour raids anymore.

It's a decent game, but it's been done to death.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2651 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo