Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2247 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
28. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 12:52 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:41:
I am one of the few people that actually liked the first one. Even in multiplayer. I will give this a go. Not a pre-order or a launch day purchase though. I liked the original but at the end of the day it was at best a competent shooter.

Than again, I liked Bulletstorm too. My taste in shooters doesn't seem to be line with many others if sales are any indication.

I'm with you. The single-player was very mediocre, but the multiplayer was a lot of fun. Very close to Battlefield in terms of vehicles and such. It's basically what I played while waiting for BF3 to release.

I liked Bulletstorm too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 1, 2014, 20:47 Agent.X7

ViRGE wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 20:23:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 18:36:
But suddenly everyone is going to pay more for one that was IN A FUCKING LANDFILL?!?! %)
On the contrary. I expect any bids they get for this garbage will be tiny. Gamers aren't quite as dumb as we give them credit for, especially on something as mind-bogglingly common as Atari games.

Not on the contrary, as I was using sarcasm.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
70. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 1, 2014, 19:12 Agent.X7

My mother, however, had been on hundreds of calls and had never known the dispatcher to be wrong so went to the house anyway. The same woman answered and said, "Oh thank God you're here." Turns out she was vaginally bleeding, but would have rather bled out than let the male cop help her. It's a good argument that in public service both genders are essential.

pffft. I have been on THOUSANDS (more than 12,000) of calls and dispatchers are wrong ALL LOT MORE THAN NEVER! I have also been on "bleeds" in the same situation - never been told not to come in. Usually I just lock up for them as they run out to the ambo. And a comment like "don't go in that room" is sometimes said as she is running out the door.....I feel bad for people in those situations - to them it is traumatic, but to police/fire/emt, it is just another day/another call. Isn't personal and I don't judge.

I can attest to that. At my house in NY the police kept showing up at my door at 2AM claiming someone from my address called 911 according to dispatch. For a week straight. Same 2 officers every night around 2AM. I even showed them the second night that neither my phone nor my wife's had been used to call 911, and we had no land line. Never did find out what was going on, but it stopped after a week.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2014, 19:17.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 1, 2014, 18:36 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 17:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 17:30:
E.T. and other Atari games rescued from New Mexico landfill to be sold

Wherein nostalgia has officially jumped the shark.

Yeah, kind of ironic. Couldn't sell them the first time, but all these years later...

...they still won't sell except to rich morons with too much money and too little grey matter.

I mean, seriously. There were too many of these made in the first place, which is why they ended up in a landfill. There are hundreds listed on eBay, and have been for a decade. But suddenly everyone is going to pay more for one that was IN A FUCKING LANDFILL?!?!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
2. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 18:23 Agent.X7

I tried it a couple of times during beta. The overall goofy cartoon theme is fun, complete with Unreal Tournament style voiceovers for kills and such, but man was I bored by the third area. It's WoW in space. Seriously. Yeah, the combat is a bit of Tera thrown in, but I just could not force myself to keep playing.

If it was buy to play, free to play, or free with a sub, maybe I would fire it up once in a while. But $60 with a $15 monthly sub? No, not interesting enough for me to shell out that kind of dough for it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
23. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 18:40 Agent.X7

The other issue is that ultra-feminist types claim to represent all women, but they really only represent other ultra-feminist types. I witnessed two women almost come to blows at a bar once. One was a feminist who was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, the other a woman wearing a low-cut, sparkly, I-don't-know-really-what-it's-called shirt and a short black skirt. Both women claimed the other was doing a disservice to all women because of their style of clothing. (Although, to be fair, the feminist started it with a bitchy comment to the other woman who was having a drink with friends.)

It's the same for anybody who claims to represent the interests of everyone in a particular group. Black people who get offended because they think another black person is acting "too white", Latinos who get angry when someone of Latino descent doesn't speak Spanish, blah blah blah. Everyone wants everyone to conform to their worldview, but some people get angry when that doesn't happen.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews
78. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 29, 2014, 03:51 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 29, 2014, 01:25:
The game is starting to open up.....people call you in to Blume and cTOS, so that is cool....lots of cool stuff going on. Haven't even done Act 1 yet....

Yeah, some guy called me in while I was hacking a CTos tower. Didn't think much of it, it's happened before. Set my waypoint to a collection item that the tower revealed. Pulled up, got out just in time for a sports car to rear-end me at 60mph and smash my car into a brick wall. Thought it was an accident (happens ALL the time, NPC drivers are accident prone in this game)until the driver got out and pulled out an AK. I was like, WTF? Then he started looking in the car for me, guess he missed me getting out right before he slammed into the car. I whipped out my revolver and put a burst into the back of his skull before he figured it out and got a win screen for online bounty.

One of the coolest things that I can remember happening in any game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide
75. Re: Watch Dogs NVIDIA Drivers & Tweak Guide May 29, 2014, 03:45 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on May 27, 2014, 08:45:
Piss poor port. Does it run like shit on the consoles too?

Nope, PS4 is butter smooth.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY
35. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 17:15 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on May 28, 2014, 17:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on May 28, 2014, 16:34:
Beamer wrote on May 28, 2014, 16:18:
I demand my games be 100% grounded in reality. If I'm not controlling a guy that gets winded after a few seconds of running, needs to sleep at least 4 out of ever 24 hours, and is out of action with anything more than a minor flesh wound then I'm instantly angry and uininstalling!

I demand that you always put words into peoples' mouths and twist their meanings! Your opinion must match my own or I will attempt to belittle you through sarcasm and (bad) satire!

Ha! It's funny that you complain about people putting words in other's mouths, then you put words in mine!

*facepalm*

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Confirmed
33. Re: Battlefield Hardline Confirmed May 28, 2014, 16:44 Agent.X7

You got your Payday in my Battlefield!

(Thanks for posting the link, jdreyer!)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 16:34 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on May 28, 2014, 16:18:
I demand my games be 100% grounded in reality. If I'm not controlling a guy that gets winded after a few seconds of running, needs to sleep at least 4 out of ever 24 hours, and is out of action with anything more than a minor flesh wound then I'm instantly angry and uininstalling!

I demand that you always put words into peoples' mouths and twist their meanings! Your opinion must match my own or I will attempt to belittle you through sarcasm and (bad) satire!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 28, 2014, 16:32 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 28, 2014, 06:43:
Hardest part (thus far) has been the thug hidouts, where you have to use stealth and cunning to "knock down" 2 dudes in the midst of a bunch of other dudes.....can kill everyone except the 2 you have to interrogate. Is fun and damn hard!

I love those. The ones that frustrate the shit out of me are convoys. 20 guys shooting at you, and you can't shoot into the crowd for fear of killing civvies and accidentally killing the guy or guys you have to knock down. Then they call in backup who arrive behind your cover position. First one I did took me 2 hours to get right.

Otherwise, been playing for close to 20 hours so far. Still loving it, although I haven't even finished Act 1 yet. As far as story gripes, I think it's an OK story so far. Nothing better or worse than a big summer action movie.

Which, let's face it, AAA games tend to be. If you want awesome story telling, you're looking for the indie games thataway. Obviously there are exceptions.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steam Machines Delayed
30. Re: Steam Machines Delayed May 28, 2014, 16:19 Agent.X7

The STEAM OS and controller are a cool idea for getting PC games off the desk and onto the couch, but having their own boxes? I know I am not the only one who is scratching my head, wondering who is going to buy such a thing. And everyone jumped on manufacturing them, but are now complaining about how low margin they are going to be. Yes, just like consoles.

Oh, Valve. Talk to NVidia and see how Shield is working out for them. It's a device built for no one.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 16:15 Agent.X7

Strango wrote on May 28, 2014, 11:55:
Creston wrote on May 28, 2014, 11:23:
Also, if you ban gunpowder, it doesn't somehow miraculously make all existing guns and ammo disappear

I'm not exactly sure how you enforce a ban on gunpowder to begin with. Physical force won't work because you're going to be outmatched unless you have exponentially greater numbers. Economic sanctions won't work because that will just force them to outright attack you.

That and the warping of physics so that we can swing Japanese anime inspired blades at each other is an instant turnoff.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 16:13 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on May 28, 2014, 11:44:
/Twirling finger in the air. WHERE'S FALLOUT 4 BETHESDA?!

Betheseda is publishing this, not developing it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

64. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 21:33 Agent.X7

I actually like the driving. Feels more controllable than GTA V did, to me.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

57. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 19:13 Agent.X7

http://youtu.be/u-9YcQmSXKY

4 minute vid with a traffic accident and garbage flying around. Compressed because PS4 will only export 720 and You Tube, well, is You Tube.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

53. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 17:45 Agent.X7

As far as some of the complaints I have read here:
Someone said that the blowing garbage and giant traffic pile-ups were missing. That's not true. I've seen some massive accidents (caused by me, hehe.) and witnessed all sorts of garbage flying about.

Trying to upload a 4 minute clip showing a wreck I caused and garbage right now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews May 27, 2014, 15:34 Agent.X7

This is why I bought it on PS4. Consistent framrate. Looks amazing.(Better that Infamous: Second Son, which looked really good.) Driving is great. Shooting is pretty good for controller. I put in 6.5 hours last night after getting it at Midnight, and I think it is great.

Keep in mind that I wasn't the biggest fan of GTA V. Couldn't finish the single player and played 1 night of multi before I sold it.

My only issue is being able to walk into a gun store in Chicago and purchase a fully automatic rifle. WTF? We can't even do that in North Carolina. I'm pretty sure Chicago is not going to allow that even in the near future.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Memorial Consolidation
3. Re: Memorial Consolidation May 26, 2014, 14:22 Agent.X7

As someone who bought Tomb Raider Definitive edition and has pre-ordered The Last of Us on PS4, I would so buy INfamous 1/2 remastered. Naughty Dog is already rumored to be working on Uncharted remasters. (Which I would also buy.) I wouldn't mind Beyond being redone either. Unfortunately my other wish would be Enslaved, and they wouldn't even make a sequel to that game, so I doubt a remaster is coming.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2247 Comments. 113 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo