Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2598 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2015, 19:15 Agent.X7

Agent.X7
It would take you...
1268 continuous hours
52 days,20 hours,42 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Now playing: *Deep Breath* AC IV & V, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, The Witcher (All of them), Fable Anniversary, ESO, Thief, Sunset Overdrive, and Rocksmi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
9. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 19:09 Agent.X7

Hearthstone has been really laggy lately too. I've missed whole turns because of it.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Now playing: *Deep Breath* AC IV & V, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, The Witcher (All of them), Fable Anniversary, ESO, Thief, Sunset Overdrive, and Rocksmi

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2015, 19:08 Agent.X7

#AreYouSerious?
#JustGetOverIt

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2015, 23:49 Agent.X7

All the gold farmers must be having a ball. 10 years of ripping people off and we get a statue to sell on eBay? Wahoo!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
28. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 21:21 Agent.X7

verybad1 wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 14:38:
So a PTW, Zombie, Early Access game ISN'T a new idea...!

Well gosh golly, I'da thought that would get everyone excited.

Seriously, WTF are there so many damned Zombie games? I don't mind a few sure, but it's effing ridiculous.

As opposed to high fantasy RPGs, MMORPGs, action games, etc, etc, etc.

As opposed to modern military shooters.

And why are there so damn many rock bands, anyway? I mean, who can listen to all those albums?

There are a lot of zombie games because people like zombies. It's not hard to understand.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
36. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 17, 2015, 15:42 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 23:10:
Watch_Dogs really doesn't deserve all the bile people spit at it. Were the graphics less impressive than the initial reveal? Sure, but they still looked good (especially when raining). Was the gameplay revolutionary? No, but it was solid and enjoyable if you tried to play stealthy and relied on hacking to complete objectives.

I think the big problem with Watch_Dogs is that the early game just isn't very interesting. Most of your cool abilities are locked behind the skill tree and most of the interesting missions happen later in the game. Also, the traffic traps system wasn't super intuitive and you had very limited battery power at the start of the game, so most players would trigger traps at the wrong time, miss the pursuing cars and then be unable to trigger any more traps for the rest of the chase.

It's a shame most people didn't stick with it because the hacking stuff was pretty fun later in the game. The online hacking was also very cool.

I for one loved Watchdogs and will definitely play the sequel. I find it funny that he harps on about the alternate reality games, though, as that was my least favorite part.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WildStar Changes Planned
10. Re: WildStar Changes Planned Jan 15, 2015, 15:23 Agent.X7

You want to fix your game? Stop charging a subscription. Realize that teenagers aren't your biggest audience and that the people who are don't have time to sit down for 10 hour raids anymore.

It's a decent game, but it's been done to death.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
32. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 15:19 Agent.X7

Flatline wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 14:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:29:
That is a lot of excuse masked as reasoning.

The game without the DLC is comically over priced to begin with and it goes down from there.

The industry hasn't changed a lot since L4D, if anything indie projects have grown. It wasn't that long ago, acts like it was 10 years ago.

Gamers will vote with wallets, we shall see.

Yeah 60 bucks for an online only update to L4D basically is ass. I thought this looked okay but they priced themselves into oblivion for me.

Yup, a $20 game at most, for $60, with $40 worth of DLC. I played the beta alpha maps a few times. So boring after an hour. There's just not enough game to make this worth $60. They'd have been better off doing free to play with premium DLC.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 20:10 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 13:06:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 08:44:
Creston wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 23:19:
...And Anakin just going "Well shit, I'm confused, let me just go murder Jedi children because this dude who both Jedi Masters said was evil told me so."

That bothered me a lot, it was about as subtle as a Mack truck ramming into a pre-school.

'Anakin join the dark side.'
'Hmm, I'd never considered that before, OKAY! Point me towards the children I need to murder.'

Yeah, they didn't do a good job setting up his dark side. There was a scene from episode 1 had a scene where Anakin loses his temper and beats up someone. They cut it. And Christian Hayden was a poor choice for Anakin.

There are some set great pieces among the new trilogy, like the podrace, Darth Maul, the battle with Jango Fett, and the clones vs. droid battle, etc. But the stories over all are convoluted, both Anakin actors were poorly chosen, too much CG, Jar Jar, and Samuel L. Jackson was a distraction.

I'm in complete agreement with you guys, I'm just pointing out what Lucas has said in the past.

Yeah, there were some awesome scenes. The whole lightsaber fight with Qui-Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul was awesome. The podrace was pretty cool. Some of the battle scenes were cool. Unfortunately, the underlying stories and characters were crap.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
11. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 14, 2015, 20:07 Agent.X7

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 19:44:
Julio wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 18:12:
I'm confused, I thought beta = final game for the Battlefield series now.

Define "final game" ... because the game isn't final when they remove content for the future 5 dlc releases...

Anyway, after BF4 I will take what I get for free, but paying money for something DICE made? Not gonna happen ever again. This game is a huge pass for me.

You're in luck, DICE didn't make this. It's crap anyway, but...you know.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
70. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 21:58 Agent.X7

RAWR THEY HATE US BECAUSE THEY DELAYED THE GAME TO TRY TO MAKE SURE IT RUNS RIGHT! THEY HATE PC GAMERS!

You'd bitch if they released it and it was all fucked up too. Clearly they don't hate you, or they would just tell you to fuck yourself and buy a console.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2015, 20:49 Agent.X7

Mesa called Dar Dar Binks! MEsa grandaddy was muy big hero for da Republic! Mesa leawning to be a bombad Jedi!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 9, 2015, 21:58 Agent.X7

Julio wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:16:
After reading the GameStop article, it's not surprising they were doing something shady. My RROD replacement 360 direct from Microsoft lasted a few days past the short warranty. Similar repair process I bet.

Yup, if you can fix something by heating it up enough to make solder flow, it's going to break the same way again. It's not a fix, it's a band-aid that has a cartoon fuck you written on it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
32. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 23:39 Agent.X7

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 21:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 14:44:
Yes, except hardware fails.

I can count on zero fingers the amount of time I've had hardware fail that murdered an entire system and I've been building my own machines since the mid-80s. Probably because I've never used a component that was the Chinese knockoff part equivalent of a Yugo.

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 14:44:
I say this as a man who worked in IT for Lockheed Martin building, repairing, and maintaining PCs and laptops, it's not that I can't, it's that I won't.

If that is so, then you should already be familiar with the route that companies like Dell, HP, Asus, etc. take when building machines. If you're ok with overpaying for cheap, shitty parts that have very obviously failed well before their expected service life well, to quote you, "Good for you."

For a guy whose name is Burrito of Peace, you sure have an aggressive attitude.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
28. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 14:44 Agent.X7

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:32:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 02:17:
That's why I started getting Alienware when I went back to school.

...I had a faulty mobo fry pretty much everything in my case. NVidia 590, Intel i7 2600K, etc...

My laptop fried too...

Not exactly ringing endorsements for the quality and reliability of Alienware/Dell since both machines you purchased had total hardware failures.

Personally, I'll never buy a pre-built box. It never takes me more than 30 minutes to assemble the hardware and maybe another 5 minutes to get the OS and apps I want installed (WDS FTW!).

Yes, except hardware fails. It's a fact of life. I can't count the number of components I've had to replace in my PCs that I had to pay for because I built the PC myself. I had an Asus laptop literally start smoking 2 days after I purchased it.

As far as never buying a pre-built? Good for you. Not eveyone has the time or desire. I say this as a man who worked in IT for Lockheed Martin building, repairing, and maintaining PCs and laptops, so it's not that I can't, it's that I won't.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 8, 2015, 02:26 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 20:25:
How Smed is not gone yet boggles the mind. They should have shitcanned him a decade ago.

Because aside from Playstation, SOE is one of Sony's most profitable divisions? (Aside from the 6.2billion yen they wrote off last year to develop Everquest Next.) Their TV division has been hemorrhaging money so bad for the past decade that they spun it off into its own company. The mobile division is a money sink, and the PC division did so badly that they took a huge hit just to shitcan the whole thing last year.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 02:17 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 23:36:
DarkCntry wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 21:58:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:28:
I really wouldn't put too much stock in the word of some low rent PC assembler.

I took the plunge last year and purchased an Origin PC (with many discounts) and I haven't been upset at all.

After 25+ years building PCs, there comes a time where you just want to piece together a system and have it work without fiddling, so I bit the bullet. I know it's a cardinal sin to purchase pre-builds, but in this case it was well worth it, and in the end I came out about 600-700 cheaper than if I were to piecemeal my own system together with the same hardware.

You did? How the heck did that happen?

I always think I'm going to have someone else build them, and it's NEVER worth it financially. It's always 300-400 bucks cheaper to get the parts.

That's why I started getting Alienware when I went back to school. I just didn't have time to fix things, and the warranty covered everything. With the bulk discounts they get on hardware, if you wait for a sale you can get a pre-built system with a good warranty for close to what you'd pay to put it together. You just have to know how to get past the level one "support" people in India to get real help. IN my case, I had a faulty mobo fry pretty much everything in my case. NVidia 590, Intel i7 2600K, etc. Covered it all and sent a tech to put it in for me. If I built it dollars to donuts I would have had to pay to replace everything. My laptop fried too, and same deal. Replaced everything. I had a boot issue with my newest desktop and they upgraded my Intel i7 from a 3930K to a 4930K for free.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 02:10 Agent.X7

RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:28:
I really wouldn't put too much stock in the word of some low rent PC assembler.

Yeah, just because you don't know who they are doesn't make them low rent. Origin has been making gaming PCs for a while. You could call them many things, but low rent isn't one of them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller
5. Re: Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller Jan 6, 2015, 19:01 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 18:22:
That's a lot of money for an xbox controller with a couple of clamps attached to it. I could see this being a thing for $100, but not $300.

Especially considering it's Mad Catz. Their QC is pretty much non-existent.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
12. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 13:19 Agent.X7

Do I get one of these free?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2598 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo