Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2165 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Specs Apr 8, 2014, 13:37 Agent.X7

Assassin's Creed: Middle-Earth

I might actually play this.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
17. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 12:50 Agent.X7

Uplay kind of sucks, but I will be getting this on PS4 so I don't care.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: LOL Cutter Apr 6, 2014, 19:28 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 18:58:
Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 18:40:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:50:
How much pee in a pool would kill you...submitted by Cutter, roflmao.

Conducted by Ars. Can you understand it ok? Need some help, sport?

How big of a pool would it have to be to hold 3 million people???

Dumbest "science" article of the year award! "The answer may surprise you!" Or not.

Of course, Chile's giving money to some morons who still think vaccines cause Autism is genius material as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Launches
56. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 5, 2014, 15:24 Agent.X7

Zoom wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 14:22:
BitWraith wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 11:28:
I'd say very few. It's obvious that World of Warcraft was a unique case. I like this game, but I don't see any reason why this one will buck the trend.
WoW was nothing special either. The only thing going for it was a very expensive and clever marketing campaign that involved grassroots propaganda to spark up the social networking around it. I remember i was quite surprised many of my friends would fall for it, but they went "because everyone else is there"...
I'm not saying TES online will repeat this, just that popularity is not tied to quality.

Too cool for school!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

54. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 5, 2014, 11:31 Agent.X7

5 day headstart and I still don't have a character above 12. (Ok, I have one 12 and one 9, but still...)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

41. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 15:24 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 15:18:
osage no onna wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 15:09:
Maybe they can start talking about Fallout 4 now that they got this thing out of the way.

Different studios, weren't they?

Yeah, ESO is Zenimax Online, which is owned by Zenimax, the parent corporation of Bethesda. People from Beth soft lent a helping hand, but Bethesda is working on the new Fallout and a some other projects. Bethesda is also the name Zenimax uses to publish games now, so it can be a bit convoluted and confusing at times.

Edit - I keep forgetting this is coming for XBONE and PS4 too. Not going to be as good for them, I think.

EDIT AGAIN: Bethesda Softworks is the publishing arm of Zenimax. Under them is Bethesda Game Studios, iD software, Arkane studios, and Zenimax Online. (Also a couple of others, I forget.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

35. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Launches Apr 4, 2014, 14:30 Agent.X7

I feel like I'm stuck on repeat, but here I go again. (On my own?)

I was interested until they announced the subscription plan. Then I wanted nothing to do with it. I even skipped my beta invite months ago.

Fast forward to last Saturday when I am bombarded by a friend with videos of him playing. He didn't like it, but the more I watched the more I wanted to play.

So like the MMO idiot I am, I purchased the digital copy from Beth and played starting at 2PM on Sunday. And I've been playing all week, ignoring my beloved INfamous 2 and every other game.

If you like the Elder Scroll games, this is pretty damn good. The graphics are not quite as good, but still amazing for an MMO. The combat suffers a bit from the MMO lock on syndrome (You can't dodge just by stepping out of the way of an incoming missile attack, you have to use the dodge skill or it will follow you and hit anyway.) but it's still miles above the typical WoW clone. (This and GW2 are my favorites so far.) The stories are pretty good, and they don't bombard you with walls of text or 20 minute speaches for each mission like a lot of MMOs. You can pretty much read as much or as little as you like to get the quests. Quests do not involve killing 5 of anything. Phasing is used a LOT and to great effect.

If you don't like MMOs, then you probably won't change your mind over ESO. If you do, however, this is a pretty damn good one. Good enough to get me to subscribe for a while, which is something I didn't ever want to do again.

Edit: Forgot to add that I purchased the Physical Imperial Edition today I like it so much. Probably going to be selling the game code at some point if anyone is interested.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 17:20 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 15:37:
Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 14:20:
Specs look pretty good. Microphone in the remote for voice search, kickin MS right in the pants. I like the optional controller but I find most mobile games to be pretty shit. I guess I could use it as an emulator box for everything sub-PS2.

It will have Plex app support so you can do all of your local content too, bam sold. Been waiting forever for something like this.

In the Say It, Watch It section of that Amazon link, they show someone selecting Game of Thrones Season 3 to watch. But that's only available on HBO Go, which isn't supported. Truth in advertising?

Um, no. Available on Amazon Video.

http://tinyurl.com/k49uu4r

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2014, 14:03 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Apr 2, 2014, 11:58:
This Amazon FireTV thing looks ballin. Hulu, Netflix, Instant Video and it runs Android so I can probably run XBMC and get all of my local content too. Could finally be a true all in one HTPC. Quad core CPU, 2GB of memory, remote, etc. Not bad for $99, its ability to run XBMC will be the deal breaker for me since I want something that does local content too.

Edit: oh right link - http://gizmodo.com/amazons-fire-tv-everything-you-need-to-know-1556889628

Just the thing to get my wife and kid to stop touching my Playstations to watch Amazon Prime video.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Oculus Rift Apr 2, 2014, 11:17 Agent.X7

Read: Shit, we don't a have a VR headset in the works! Quick, spin it! SPIN IT!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

37. Re: Chick-fil-A steals KFC's chicken crown. Apr 2, 2014, 11:14 Agent.X7

They are all over the Charlotte metro area. I'm pretty indifferent, but then again I don't really eat fast food very much. When I do, it tends to be to get a shake from Steak and Shake, or once in a while a small fry from McDonalds, never a sandwich.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2014, 19:46 Agent.X7

Yeah, I've only played in the Dominion areas, so the other two may have issues I have not seen.

Was playing my alt from work today though. Very surprised that my laptop handles it in Ultra mode as well. (Although view distance is not even a quarter of my desktop...) 40+ fps average, though it does dip to around 30 sometimes. (OK, my desktop is 80+ average, but...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2014, 16:31 Agent.X7

PropheT wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 13:00:
I think it'd be worth mentioning that people who are interested may be better off waiting a while before jumping in. Broken quests and bugs are pretty much everywhere, from spawns that don't work to NPC callouts going over entire zones to event triggers that aren't working to outright crashing and login problems once you do. The servers are down completely right now. Stability wise, I'm impressed it's been up as much as it has because I hadn't expected it to be... but just like the last beta event, I'd swear it's buggier now than the game was two months ago and most of the bugs are exactly the same.

I have been playing since Sunday at 2PM EDT. I have not crashed once, nor experienced any sort of bug either. I did lag rather badly a time or two, but this is probably the smoothest MMO launch I have ever experienced. (And I used to work for MMORPG.com, I have experienced a lot of them.)

Believe me, I did not want to like this game, but it's good. The sub still sucks, but I can see myself paying at least until I hit the endgame.

EDIT: Oh, I did forget one bug. One quest was supposed to have a trail for me to follow on the beginner island, and the trail never showed up. I had to Google it to find out where I was supposed to go.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2014, 11:57 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 11:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 1, 2014, 10:42:
3 Day early access starts to for ESO.

If you have the game or are getting it, add me in game and I will send invite to BluesNews Pact. @xXBatmanXx

Ebonheart Pact will start you at the same location as the current members. If you choose another Pact, I think it will be some time before we can meet up.

I got into the beta. I spent 15 minutes setting up a character, then it crashed. I loaded it up, it had lost my progress, I left and haven't looked at it since.

Am I missing much? I've enjoyed TES but an MMO setting would seem to be the antithesis of what makes it enjoyable.

As someone who was opposed to the game because of the subscription and the lackluster videos they released, I will say you should definitely pick it up. The graphics aren't quite as good as Skyrim, but man there is a TON of stuff to do, and the gameplay is straight up Elder Scrolls. Sure, a bit of noticeable MMO-ness creeps in. As long as you aim your bow at the enemy and release, it will hit him unless he uses a dodge skill. (As opposed to the FPS way Skyrim works) Yes, there are a bunch of other people running around. No, it doesn't seen to matter much. It's a lot like GW2 in that you can't kill steal, everybody gets credit. There is a boatload of phasing done in the game, so it doesn't feel static like a lot of games. When you complete a phase of a quest, the NPCs have moved and a lot of times the enemies for that quest go away or go docile for you. You can see other players, but they don't always see the game in the same state you do. It's pretty cool.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
29. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 13:35 Agent.X7

You guys do realize that this only means the ORIGIN GAME STORE is no longer selling physical copies, but that EA games WILL be available in other retailers, right?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2014, 19:47 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 10:01:
ESO

Alright guys, it is live.
I setup "BluesNews Pact" for the EbonHeart Pact.
(do we want one for each Alliance?)

Send me an invite or add me as friend (@xXBatmanXx), put a msg in there that you are from BN and I will add you to the Guild. I may setup one for each alliance if people are interested, or create one for each.

I created an Ebonheart Imperial DragonKnight.

/update: I went to create "BluesNews Covenant" and a single account can only create 1 Guild. I may recreate the guild, haven't decided.....

I REALLY need to stop saying I won't buy a game. Refused to even open beta ESO, but then early release comes around and somehow I find myself buying the digital copy so I can play. WTF? Something is shorted in my brain. I'm out of whiskey, that must be it.

Anyway, I am Khajiit (sp?) and on the, uh, Dominion thing.

Feeling like I need the CE, even though I didn't even want to buy this game. Good thing it's impossible to find now.

I'm going to go punch myself in the face.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Season?!? Mar 30, 2014, 19:44 Agent.X7

Alamar wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 10:03:
ColBlister wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 15:00:
You think there's a "season" for BBQ? Naw, son. What you got right there is a "season" on your gumption. When I lived in Colorado, I kept the grill next to the sliding glass door that led to the deck. With that setup, the man-stove is always open for business. Sure, you get a little BBQ smoke inside sometimes, but that just whets the appetite. Long as the wind doesn't blow out the flame, your ribs'll do their happy-dance on the grill just fine, even in subzero weather.

I have had to crawl over feet of snow down my ramp to get to my BBQ a dozen times throughout the winter... Perfectly cooked, medium rare, NY Strip... So worth it...

-Alamar

We grill pretty much year round, except when there's 6 feet of snow and I don't feel like shoveling a path.

Or, we used to, anyway, when we were in NY. Now I'm in NC and have a covered porch in our apartment, but no grill yet. (Left it for the people renting our house...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Dead Space Free on Origin
25. Re: Dead Space Free on Origin Mar 27, 2014, 22:47 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:53:
Panickd wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:22:
siapnar wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 20:14:
Meh, I have no problem with Origin. It's stable, unobtrusive and works. At least from my experience

Not to mention if you have a problem an actual person will call or e-mail you before hell freezes over. One of the crap things about the whole Valve/Steam "flat management" bullshit.

I hate to say this - but I did get really good help when I contacted them about my BF Veteran number. Had to send some screens over of my cases and keys.... they converted my keys to Origin keys and it popped in there....

I need to do this.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 18:37 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 17:31:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 14:27:
Oculus VR "never intended to sell the company".

They cut that quote off too early.

"We never intended to sell the company, but one day Zuck rolls up in his Lambo stretch limo with a dozen totally hot chicks, and the next thing we know we're doing lines of coke off their naked bodies. Zuck says, 'Boys, this can be your life if you sell out to me.' and in three days the deal was done!"

Shit, somebody rolls up in a Lexus with just two totally hot chicks, I'd sell.

It's the new American dream: Come up with a great idea and sell it to some idiot before everyone realizes that there is no way in hell to monetize it. Rinse and repeat until a famous actress is giving you a BJ on the deck of your beach house in Malibu while you waste $300 bottles of Tequila on margaritas.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2014, 11:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 09:23:
The Last of Us is Coming to PlayStation 4

Please be true. And bring GTA5 with you!

I would be surprised only if they didn't. GTAV, Last of Us, Uncharted 1-3, and Beyond Two Souls - I would bet my left nut all of these are coming to PS4 this year. They kept saying they weren't only so they didn't cannibalize the PS3 sales of these games before the PS4 was released.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2165 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo