Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2218 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 11, 2014, 14:02 Agent.X7

I am considering getting this for my PS4. I tried the Xbox version once, and the controls are so much better than on the PC. Of course, the PC beat it in every other aspect, but Blizz refuses to add controller support to the PC.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 03:47 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 23:17:
nin wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 23:03:
Pigeon wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 22:53:
What you do see very clearly is the kid getting out and approaching the cars stupidly close to yell at Stewart.

As we learned in I76, "Never get out of the car."

*ding

Although a shitty thing - it was the kid's fault. And I don't even like Stewart.

Yup. EVERY SINGLE DRIVER from amateur hour all the way up to NASCAR knows better. Unless your car is on fire you do not leave it; Wait for the crash team.

It was a massive derp caused by losing his temper. Too bad he didn't live to learn from it. I guarantee you driving schools will be using that footage from now on to show drivers why it is so important to not get out of the car.

Edited to say: No way Stewart did it on purpose. From the videos he was behind the other car and couldn't have even known the kid was on the track until it was far too late to do anything.

Also, everyone is saying he gassed it right as he hit the kid. Sounds to me like he downshifted.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2014, 04:00.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2014, 23:12 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 16:20:
900 writers sticking up for a piece of shit publisher who was already found guilty of price fixing in the Apple trial, and is still trying to collude to artificially keep ebook prices way higher than they should be.

I'll be very interested to see the ad this Sunday, so I know which 900 authors to avoid in the future. Fuck you and your attempts at price fixing. Fuck you right up your fucking ass with a rusty pipe.

Doug Preston is leading the pack. I'm with you. The publisher is fucking consumers, and Amazon is on MY side. I don't give a shit if you miss a payment on your boat. Maybe you should be pressuring your publisher to price e-books fairly instead of whining about Amazon.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2014, 16:00 Agent.X7

Everything wrong with everything wrong videos:

They are stupid.
5 seconds of "research" on Google does not qualify you to give expert opinions.
Most of the morons making these are, well, morons. (Laura Croft, over and over when they pronounce it for you a million times in the game.)
Your opinions are just that: Opinions. And since you've proven yourself a moron by making an "Everything Wrong" video, your opinions are worth even less than the typical worthless ones.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
24. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:16 Agent.X7

SirKnight wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 11:53:
nin wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 11:48:
It's the "please save our asses" port!

My exact thought the moment I read the headline. LOL!

Yup, I think we are all getting that vibe. Too bad the game in question didn't even do great on its original, exclusive console. I tried it. I looks great, but it's pretty repetitive.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
7. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 5, 2014, 22:15 Agent.X7

Trevellian wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 19:44:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
This game felt so solid and felt like it had so few bugs to be worked out in Alpha. And most importantly it was FUN. Why till February? I was so excited to be playing this with friends next month

What? It ran like shit on top of the line hardware. Half of the time other players were invisible. Oh, and the "gameplay" is boring as hell. Lets run in circles all over the map for half an hour! Yeah!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Wing Commander 3 Free on Origin
6. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 5, 2014, 17:08 Agent.X7

Wah! EA is giving something away! How awful of them!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 17:05 Agent.X7

http://kotaku.com/evolve-delayed-to-february-2015-1616525243

Evolve delayed until Feb 2015. Haha. Well, at least they listened.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Ice cream freak out. Aug 4, 2014, 15:15 Agent.X7

The comments under that article. Wow.

Newsflash, it ain't just cheap Wal-Mart ice cream peoples. Ben and Jerry's, Cold Stone, you name it, it probably has some sort of gum and cellulose. Haagen-Dazs is the only one I can name off-hand that doesn't.

Oh, they're using sawdust as filler! Holy Jesus, you are retarded. Hey, guess what is actually used as filler in ice cream? AIR! And you WANT filler, or your ice cream will have the consistency of gritty, frozen cream.

I grew up on a dairy farm, btw. We knew how to make excellent home-made ice cream. FYI, you can't do it with the cheap BS machines they sell at Target.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: 6 high tech movie facilities Aug 4, 2014, 15:04 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:41:
Funny article, but wrong in just about every place. I don't hold Hollywood to any high standards, but most of the stuff listed here was actually thought about by the movies' producers/writers:

Death Star size / travel times: The Death Star is the size of a small moon, not of Earth's moon. (which is gargantuan by cosmic standards) It's even mentioned in the movie. A quick glance at wookieepedia shows that the original Death Star had a diameter of 120 km.

Furthermore, nowhere it is implied that Luke, Han and Chewie take just a few minutes to get to Leia's cell block. For all we know, they might have been traveling for a few hours. Same with Obi-Wan. Since even "24", which ostensibly happened in real time, cheated with travel times, I don't see why it happening in a movie is such a big deal. Maybe Tom Reimann wanted 25 minutes of watching Obi-Wan wander around, taking different turbo lifts and using the Force to make people not notice the fact there's a Jedi walking around their Imperial space station? I'm glad Lucas skipped those scenes and got on with the action.

(And really, if we're going to talk about impossible travel times, Friends still takes the cake, where Chandler travels from Tulsa to Central Park in NYC in roughly the space of an hour. )

As for the bog monster in the waste compactor, new crew member comes aboard with space flu, shits out parasite, parasite thrives in waste compactor. Also, it's the Empire, who weren't exactly known for fastidiousness. This doesn't seem that far fetched.

Face/Off : This movie was retarded in every single way.

Water on the Nostromo, Nero's ship : There is condensation on space vessels. The ISS actually has a system that's dedicated to recycling condensation from the air.

For a vessel that's on a deep space run, and the crew is cryogenically frozen, it makes sense for lots of condensation to build up. While you could argue that that would lead to massive amounts of system failures (it's caused failures on the ISS), it's not that difficult to imagine that the Nostromo has systems in place to deal with it in the more critical areas, but the cheap company couldn't be bothered with putting such systems in walkways etc.

Also, the Nostromo actually got quite some damage when it landed on LV-426(?) since it was never designed to actually land on planets. The idea of a pipe having ruptured seems within the realm of possibility.

As for why there is a pool on the bottom of Nero's ship, well, since that pool is at what the artificial gravity deems to be the bottom of his vessel, it actually makes quite a bit of sense for a design as open as his vessel to have water standing at the bottom. All that condensation does pile up.

Elysium : Never saw it, but it's not that hard to imagine that
A) They didn't bother showing the characters moving around for 30 minutes, since it makes for boring scenes, and
B) Most C&C functions are relatively within close distance. Yes, the White House, Capitol building and Pentagon aren't in the same building, but if judged over a distance over several hundred km, they are pretty damn close to one another.

And finally: ED-209 on the 100th floor. Tom Reimann has apparently never heard of a fucking SERVICE ELEVATOR. How did you think they got the big fucking desk up to the 100th floor, Tom? Transported it piecemeal in the executive glass-tube elevator?

There was a time when you at least had to make some sense when you wrote a Cracked article, but apparently now all that's required is that your article is long, has screen shots, and contains lots of strained analogies.

Thank you! I thought that article was kind of ignorant myself. Dude, water on a spaceship? NO WAI!

Well, sure, as long as you don't know shit about spaceships it seems right. And, I mean, why would you do any research before pounding out an article?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 3, 2014, 22:42 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 09:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 08:33:
I really don't want them, I know the Minneapolis PD is going to try them out. Burnsville PD I believe has them, or they tried them out at one time. Here's the thing, I am recorded whenever I drive my car, for all traffic stops, and any interactions near my car.

It never once has helped me even though the evidence is right there and obvious.

How many cameras are you going to have? How good is the audio pickup? They can't see what a human sees and they can't hear what a human can hear.

People always want to record me at traffic stops, and that is fine. I tell them the department I work for, my name, my badge number, that they are also being recorded, and all information I just gave them will be at the bottom of their citation.

It is at an infant stage. Will it make cops act better? No. Will it make the public act better? No.

My questions is - what do you want this to accomplish?

The city or state puts a camera up somewhere and everyone cries about privacy, yet everyone wants to put a camera and mic on a cop and record everything we do.

When someone makes a mistake wearing this - are they going to also go back and play the 10,000,000 good things that person did along with that one mistake or comment?

Thanks Batman!

With regards to privacy: the difference is that if a police officer is present, my privacy is already gone. A camera on a street corner is another eye on me, a camera on a cop isn't. It's the officer's privacy which I don't have an answer for - it doesn't seem right to record everything they do even if a higher level of vigilance is warranted (as in, IMHO the police must be policed most).

I appreciate it would be limited in what it picks up. The sound and actions of someone close and in front of the cop is all I would expect, the person or persons who the officer is talking to.

Will people go back and look at past behaviour? No more or less than they do now, which is to say generally not but of the officer is accused of being a loose cannon then he or she would have 10,000,000 examples to the contrary.

I don't think the game-controller example would be a problem. In fact, I think the video would help as it may show that the cop had virtual zero time and that the other guy was an idiot. Some Internet sleuths would get it wrong but no one of any consequence - thankfully the sort of idiots that do this don't matter and I wouldn't let such numpties derail a good idea. Plenty of people would see the video and think "wow, that guy does get something gun-like out of their pocket. What an utter, utter moron!". Just don't put Reddit in charge of Internal Affairs.

The big question, and what I want this to accomplish is: how does this make people behave? You say no difference but the trials suggest otherwise. An 88% reduction in complaints seems like a big deal, albeit from a small sample, which I suspect is mostly down to potential perpetrators not trying to get out of trouble by getting the cop into it.

Unfortunately, the guy on the street is a police officer, and the guys in charge of reviewing shit like this are POLITICIANS. They pretty much are worse than people on the internet.

PS - The armchair fucktards I was referring to are the brass that will be reviewing this.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 22:12 Agent.X7

Played the Evolve alpha this weekend.

You know how Destiny was so polished and amazing during its alpha that it made me order the CE?

I'm under NDA, so I will just say that this is the exact opposite of that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 3, 2014, 02:45 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:49:
If the tech is good enough for a car to be self-driving then I'd totally sleep in it while it was driving. Totally.
Sleeping

I'm with you. Road trips would be so much nicer, and you could catch up on lost sleep on the way to and from work. In fact, some sleeper sofas instead of back seats would be awesome.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 3, 2014, 02:31 Agent.X7

Happening already, folks.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/03/10/denver-police-to-get-body-cameras/

Denver PD is trying it out.

The problem with police work is that some situations require the officer to quickly assess and deal with an incoming issue. Some guy pops out in front of you, screams "Fuck you pig!" and points something black and gun-like at you and your brain has .2 of a second to react. Your training takes over and you draw your duty weapon and shoot the guy. Turns out, he was holding something that you thought was a weapon but wasn't. Now an army of armchair fucktards that have never been in that sort of situation will pick that incident apart and crucify you for it. Oh look, when I pause the video that's clearly a video game controller. Why didn't you know that?

Clearly the guy didn't need to be shot, but how was the cop supposed to know? Why wasn't the man aware that acting like you are threatening a cop's life (or any armed citizen's life, for that matter) is grounds to get your ass ventilated?

It's kind of a double edged sword. On one hand you have it keeping everyone honest and polite, but on the other hand you have people using it to crucify officers.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2014, 02:41.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
15. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 1, 2014, 04:20 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 00:03:
He's guilty as sin. Tried to get her drunk and take advantage of her. She said no, he knocked her out, panicked then went to security with this BS story.

It was Colonel Mustard in the parlor with the candle stick!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Aug 1, 2014, 02:12 Agent.X7

I can't tell you how many people get down on me for playing video games while their main hobby is sitting on their asses and blankly staring at reality television. Yes, American Idol is so worthy of your time, but not video games. Pshaw.

I also love: "You play video games? But you're not fat!" Yes, because someone who plays video games must ONLY play video games and never do anything else, right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek
19. Re: Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek Jul 31, 2014, 03:44 Agent.X7

bhcompy wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 15:36:
Task wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 15:19:
They are going to end up being a mainly engine based company like Unreal, they aren't going anywhere.

The problem is that they have very little in the engine market to begin with. EA is on a Frostbite or die kick. id is purely idtech. Everyone else is on Unreal Tech.

Star Citizen, Evolve, and Archeage come to mind.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
21. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 30, 2014, 05:07 Agent.X7

Thenetcase wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:39:
I understand that.
But stealing games from publishers / developers is just as wrong in the sight of the law as walking into K-Mart and stealing something off the shelf, or breaking into a home and robbing the owners.
It's basically the digital form of the same thing.

Except that Robbery and shoplifting are not the same thing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 01:28 Agent.X7

The hypocritical whining of the patent troll is hysterical.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 00:49 Agent.X7

killer_roach wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 00:31:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:00:
Sigh, George RR Martin. He's going to pull a Robert Jordan on his readers, it's pretty much a given at this point.

So does that mean we get Brandon Sanderson to salvage this series too?

Sanderson did well with RJ because he was aping his style anyway. He would totally shit up Martin.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2218 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo