Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2573 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 01:05 Agent.X7

NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 20:41:
Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 02:21:
NKD wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:44:
nin wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 21:19:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Umm, I think you're the clueless one as that is not true at all.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

Well, Merriam Webster is an American dictionary and we all know Americans don't know proper English

But Oxford clearly defines a Shill as...

noun
1 An accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others: I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club figurative the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shill

You can be an accomplice without gaining any monetary reward.

Stretch that logic!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 17:47 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:52:
You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

It sounded nicer than "sycophant." Apologies for the vocabulary error.

Yeah, still not really using it right.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 17:40 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Umm, I think you're the clueless one as that is not true at all.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

LOL, saved me the effort, thank you.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming?
16. Re: WildStar Off AU Shelves; F2P Coming? Apr 15, 2015, 17:38 Agent.X7

It was pretty fun, but that doesn't really cut it if you want a subscription based model. Still waiting on B2P so I can play again.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

6. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2015, 02:21 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
48. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 18:30 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 17:49:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 17:41:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 15:34:
Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:10:
jomisab wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:08:
Played for a short while last night before forcing myself to go to bed at 2am. Performance looks pretty good. On my 1680x1050 monitor, maxing everything and getting 60fps is no issue. Moving over to my 2560x1440 monitor, however, requires lowering detail to get consistent 60fps...and that's with a 970 SLI setup.

Either your RAM or CPU must be bottlenecking. I mean... 970 SLI!?

Actually it's probably the RAM on the video cards. 3.5GB gets sucked up really quick when you go over 1080P in an open world game.

And that's exactly why I'll always have just a 27" monitor and just sit close. 1080p is just perfect on these, no need to waste money.

Another thing, can anyone tell me in baby language was G-Sync is? I read about it.. but I still don't unferstand what it actually does :\

Synchronizes your refresh rate to your frame rate. If you're getting 30fps, your monitor is refreshing 30 times a second. It prevent screen tearing, but unlike vertical sync it doesn't introduce input lag or increase latency. The downside is you need a newer Geforce card AND a G-Sync enabled monitor.

Ah, alright. It still just sounds like v-Sync without the disadvantages. Maybe that's what it is. And yeah my GtX 980 arrived today and I'll install it tomorrow I bet my right ball that the first half of the day I'll be fixing complications.. as always with new hardware >_> but I just can't wait to play GTAV with everything maxed out (except for MSAA probably).

Dunno, just swapped out my GTX 690 for a GTX 970 yesterday. Pulled out old card, put in new, reinstalled drivers, no issues. Plan to get a second one once I sell my 690 so I can upgrade my Ultrawide 29" Dell to an ultrawide 34" Dell.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 14, 2015, 18:28 Agent.X7

$200! Holy cripes!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
50. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 17:51 Agent.X7

Frijoles wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:53:
Rhialto wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:47:
Never played any GTA game but I'm curious if I could enjoy it... in fact what amaze me is the open world and that we can do about anything anytime but I'm not really into kicking asses and killing people.

I'm in the same boat. I've never played a GTA game. I don't understand the appeal. I watched a stream last night of a guy who had a mission to tow a car from point A to point B. I'm not sure I see where the fun comes from in towing a car (although I did laugh at his poor driving skills).

What makes these games so fun/popular?

I like open world games, but I cannot get into GTAV. I tried. Twice. Once on the PS3 and then on the PS4. I got to about the same spot in the main story and lost interest.

ON the flipside, I finished Watchdogs and did most of the side missions/trophies. Loved it. Loved Infamous.

Maybe it's just Rockstar. I never made it through Red Dead either.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

45. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 17:41 Agent.X7

Quinn wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 15:34:
Played for a short while last night before forcing myself to go to bed at 2am. Performance looks pretty good. On my 1680x1050 monitor, maxing everything and getting 60fps is no issue. Moving over to my 2560x1440 monitor, however, requires lowering detail to get consistent 60fps...and that's with a 970 SLI setup.

Actually it's probably the RAM on the video cards. 3.5GB gets sucked up really quick when you go over 1080P in an open world game.

And that's exactly why I'll always have just a 27" monitor and just sit close. 1080p is just perfect on these, no need to waste money.

Another thing, can anyone tell me in baby language was G-Sync is? I read about it.. but I still don't unferstand what it actually does :\

Synchronizes your refresh rate to your frame rate. If you're getting 30fps, your monitor is refreshing 30 times a second. It prevent screen tearing, but unlike vertical sync it doesn't introduce input lag or increase latency. The downside is you need a newer Geforce card AND a G-Sync enabled monitor.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

42. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 15:34 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 13, 2015, 21:26 Agent.X7

Pow! New video card today, and new drivers to go with it!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book
9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Will Be Ghostable; Free E-Book Apr 13, 2015, 21:26 Agent.X7

Asmo wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 20:51:
Rigs wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 20:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:40:
The mechanics for a no-kills playthrough of DXHR sucked ass. When I shot some dudes with tranquilizer darts from up above they died instead of going unconscious as they should have. Really lame. My guess is the game for some reason attributed falling damage equaling the height I was above the enemies to the impact of the tranq dart and figured it should be a lethal hit. Retarded.
Hope they'll do a much better job with this sequel. Also would be great if a ghost/stealth or non-lethal playthrough would not require tracking back through the entire level after completion to pick up the goodies and XP.

Dude, can you make a post that doesn't include the word 'retarded' at all, anywhere?! Better yet, can you possibly talk like an adult, just for a little bit so I don't have the urge to punch you every time I read your posts?

=-Rigs-=

Aaaah someone's a little pissed off they can't play that retarded game called GTA V so instead of playing that retarded game he's making retarded posts to suggest retarded things like me growing up.

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Doubling down on douchebaggery, stay classy...

If you read the comments and don't have CJ on ignore already, I don't know what to tell you.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2015, 00:45 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 19:45:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 16:57:
WaltC wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:14:
If there's a policy guaranteed to take the country backwards, you can be sure the Democrats are out front leading the way back--I often think they'd prefer we all went back to caves, lived by fire, and hunted mammoths and fish with stone spears...;)
I'm not entirely sure you are serious, or trolling or what. The partisan response would be to say,

"If there's a policy guaranteed to take the country backward, you can be sure the Republicans are out front leading they way back -- I often think they'd prefer we all went back to living in company towns with company stores, and lived 'by the leave' of our corporate overlords."

Of course the truth is neither of those. I am equally skeptical of both sides. I see plenty of abuse by both government and corporations and way too much where the two get together to cause REAL problems.

It's WaltC. He's an unrepentant right winger, so his political comments are junk. His comments on games and tech are pretty solid though.

Most peoples' political comments are junk because they just automatically side with their team. It's too bad so many people don't realize that politicians on both sides of the aisle do not give a shit about anyone that isn't lining their pockets. You're not actually on the team unless you are rich or famous, you're just getting suckered.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 7, 2015, 23:12 Agent.X7

jimnms wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 21:19:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 17:03:
That's the issue is the large window of time they have to schedule techs because they have too few techs and way WAY to many customers to service. I had an issue years ago with my internet cutting out completely after dark. Turns out it was a BNC barrel full of water. During the day, when 12 technicians examined my cables, it was liquid and passing along the connection. At night it froze and stopped being conductive enough to get a connection. The 13th technician was finally able to figure out the issue, but only because he was supposed to be by at 3PM and didn't make it until 8PM.

I doubt it's anything like that. On weekends it's all over the place, but still mainly after 6pm till midnight. Also, back in Feb we had some snow, which rarely happens here, so the whole town shut down. With schools out and most everyone not going to work, network performance was like a weekend, except in the middle of the week.

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 17:44:
You could but it likely wouldn't go anywhere. It's why ISPs advertise speeds as "up to X Mbps". Doesn't mean you're going to get it.

If they say up to 20Mbps, you should at least be able to get close to 20Mbps at most times during the day, not at 3am when no one is on. Car manufacturers can't claim a car gets up to 100MPG*** and put in small print that it's only when driving down hill in neutral, they'd never get away with that.

Didn't mean to imply my issue had anything to do with yours, just that their tech support sucks due to too many customers.

Your issue? Sounds like they overloaded your node. Too many people all sharing the same bandwidth all trying to use it at the same time. They should split your node, but they probably won't, especially if your ISP is just renting the bandwidth from another company.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 19:04 Agent.X7

Krovven wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 13:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:47:
Like I said before, I've always hated MOBA games, but this one is actually enjoyable for me....but I think the gameplay is more fun.

Ok...so for someone else that hates the very foundation of MOBA gameplay, what makes HoTS gameplay fun?

Not sure how to quantify it. You can certainly follow your soldiers to the middle of the map and help them squash the enemy soldiers and them move on to helping them attack the enemy forts. That's the same, as far as I know. There are also enemy mercs and boss monsters you can attack and cause to fight for your side. Each map has a theme, though, and you are better served doing the objectives of that theme than doing the other things. One map has you collecting doubloons to turn in to a ghost pirate who then shells the enemy from his ship, causing massive damage to their forts. One has you fighting over gems to curse the other side so their forces die easily. Controlling your guy seems less finicky as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 12:47 Agent.X7

I try to play at least a couple games of Heroes of the Storm a day. It's really fun. I spent $10 the first week to get the basic pack ($5) with James Raynor, Muradin, and Malfurion, and then Azmodan ($5) I spent the gold I earned doing daily quests to get the fairy dragon which makes me laugh my ass off when I play. High pitched, goofy voice with hysterical lines. So far most of the heroes I have tried are fun to play. Tyrial and Diablo are a blast, Azmodan is fun to wreck forts with, Raynor is unstoppable once you level him; I've won about 6 maps for my team by using the level 2 Call Hyperion ability on the core. Malfurion and Brightwing are fun to heal with. Not too sure about Queen of Blades. I got slaughtered playing her.

A lot of fun to be had for nothing. Can't beat it. Like I said before, I've always hated MOBA games, but this one is actually enjoyable for me. Maybe it's just the characters, but I think the gameplay is more fun. I liked the concept of Smite, but it just wasn't fun for me, and DOTA2 is like asking to be flamed and shamed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 10:53 Agent.X7

I don't know, but video killed the radio star.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Amazon Crytek Deal?
16. Re: Amazon Crytek Deal? Apr 7, 2015, 03:01 Agent.X7

Illumin wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 02:49:
Amazon has some deep pockets and being well known it would be easy for them to distribute. http://games.amazon.com/ (Amazon game studio).

Id rather see something like Amazon get into gaming than Daybreak Studios.

Ugh. ANd I was really looking forward to EQ Next too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Into the Black Apr 6, 2015, 23:45 Agent.X7

My Corgi used to biff like that one in the sand, only he did it in snow.

Run, run, run, run, plow face first into snow.

I used to love it when he would take a running start and jump off the deck and disappear into snow over his head. This cartoon snow burrow starts moving around the yard. I spit my coffee out one morning I laughed so hard.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Amazon Crytek Deal?
12. Re: Amazon Crytek Deal? Apr 6, 2015, 23:39 Agent.X7

killer_roach wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 23:15:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 21:35:
Weird...

My only guess is that Amazon wants it for a VR project in its skunkworks. Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Apple want to compete with each other in every facet of tech so when one jumps the rest follow. Drones? Sky WiFi? Car AI? Tablets? etc etc.

Amazon does own game development studios...

I know, right? Did anybody RTFA?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2573 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo