Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
17. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 5, 2015, 02:30 Agent.X7

Quboid wrote on May 4, 2015, 16:35:
panbient wrote on May 4, 2015, 15:44:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 4, 2015, 15:27:

Maybe the anxiety aspect is why so many pro gamers take anti-anxiety and adhd "medications" like adderall to improve their game and maintain focus. Legal speed.

Except the anxiety aspect is not at all specific to pro-gaming. ANY professional role that has a competitive element is going to be prone to anxiety. Seems to me one of the most common aspects of pro-athletes regardless of specific sport is their ability to stay cool under pressure.

What baffled me most from that article was the fact that he's apparently getting paid between $60 and $100k a year yet still 'needs' to share an apartment with 5 others...

It's not just pro-gamers who take these meds - Bankers too, from OotB a few days ago.

I'm sure this isn't in any dictionary but I've heard it said that skill is talent under pressure. I play football/soccer competitively (sadly nowhere near professionally but it's not just a kick-about) and I can do flicks and tricks in training that I couldn't do in a match because I'm too taut, too fired up, too busy and not skilful enough - and I'm one of the best players in the league (you can trust me on that, I'm from the Internet).

Maybe the team lives together to practice together all these hours? They should be able to afford a decent apartment even if that is the case so I doubt they really need to live in a cramped place. Still, I wouldn't expect them to have long careers so they're probably saving as much as they can.

Yeah, I read an article about it in Wired a few years ago. Pro teams are often required by the team to live in the same house. They don't pay rent, it's all sponsor paid, but they basically game 12-16 hours a day together. Crazy. It's fun to do once in a while, but after a few months? Gaming might not be too fun anymore.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Now playing: *Deep Breath* AC IV & V, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, The Witcher (All of them), Fable Anniversary, ESO, Thief, Sunset Overdrive, and Rocksmi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer
9. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer May 5, 2015, 00:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on May 4, 2015, 23:50:
Jivaro wrote on May 4, 2015, 23:37:
I didn't pre-order it and I haven't played New Order Yet...but damn, that looked fun. Damn this backlog of games...

I paid full price for New Order and have no regrets. It's a good story, with memorable characters and great gunplay. My GOTY for 2014, hands down. If you buy it on steam for $45, you get both for $45.

My only concern is the length of the DLC, as I think it's only like 7 chapters. We'll see how long that translates into hours of gameplay tomorrow, with reviews (I hope).

But I REALLY hope Machine Games (who did both the game and DLC) gets to make the followup. The ending (of New Order) is a bit of a cliffhanger (stick around for the very end of the credits), and I'd love to know what happens next.

Yeah, hoping for a sequel too. Really was a fantastic game. And I won't even botch about the engine. (Crossed my fingers behind my back, nya nya)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

Now playing: *Deep Breath* AC IV & V, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2, The Witcher (All of them), Fable Anniversary, ESO, Thief, Sunset Overdrive, and Rocksmi

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2015, 00:41 Agent.X7

Just binge watched the last few episodes of Rebels. Not a bad show, but a little annoying how everyone supposedly lives despite being shot and blown up. (Stormtroopers, I mean.) A bit reminiscent of the A-Tea in that way. They go out of the way to mention no casualties, even though ships explode in a way that makes you pretty sure the pilot did not live.

Other than that, there some goofiness for the kids, but it's pretty watchable. I'd heard Clone Wars was the same, but I tend to shun anything that spawned from Ep 1-3.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 4, 2015, 05:06 Agent.X7

ForgedReality wrote on May 3, 2015, 17:19:
Love, love, LOVE my Note 4. Of course the phablet (I FUCKING HATE, HATE, HATE THAT TERM!!!) is the future. I'll be diving into the Note 5, most likely. Perfect size, and plenty of power.

Yeah, had the Note 2, Note 3, and now the Note Edge. So much easier to see things with that extra screen space. But I'm right there with you on "Phablet." It's just a big phone, mmkay? No need for one of the stupidest buzzwords ever, alright?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
8. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 3, 2015, 04:11 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on May 3, 2015, 02:54:
An open-world Wolfenstein could be great. It would be like Saboteur, only with the setting, technology and combat of TNO.

I'd play that. I loved Saboteur.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
33. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced May 1, 2015, 05:00 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 16:50:
Brumbek wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 12:33:
Mordor is more fun if you aren't a pro player.

oh youre a pro player? you make a living playing video games? thats your profession?

and you still find time to talk to all the little people? WOW

I'm too pro to enjoy things, I simply tear them down and belittle people who enjoy them. I'm so pro I don't even have to play games, I turn them on and win automatically. I'm so pro that I only came here to tell you what a bunch of scrubs you are for actually playing games. Losers.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs
8. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads; Specs Apr 30, 2015, 14:35 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 09:03:
Hope it's as good as The New Order. As long as they do that, they're set.

I liked the New Order so much I actually forgave the shitty iD Tech 5 engine that was running it. Well, mostly. Goddammit, iD, just use Unreal and admit they won!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
28. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Clue? Apr 30, 2015, 14:33 Agent.X7

Played Watch Dogs on PS4, loved it. IMO, better than GTA V. (I know, blasphemy.) Can't wait for the sequel.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2015, 17:01 Agent.X7

Yeah, I can't out weird anyone's dog. My Corgi is just normal dog derpy.

Wife left a 2lb bag of gummy bears (leftovers from my daughters 5th birthday treat bags) on the coffee table this Sunday. Yeah, those were gone when we got home from the party. She had fun cleaning up the rainbow puke all night. Dog whined because his belly hurt, wife whined because I wouldn't clean it up. Hey, I A) Didn't eat 2 lbs of gummy bears and B) Wasn't the dumbass who left 2 lbs of gummy bears where the dog could get them. (And come on, he's a Corgi, it's not like he could get them from almost anyplace else with his stubby legs.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 28, 2015, 02:05 Agent.X7

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 21:18:
Yeah he basically cheated his way to 70. Certainly would not be proud of that!

Not cheating, he just got powered leveled by a group. Sadly, he does in 1 minute what I have yet to do in years.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2015, 02:37 Agent.X7

Yeah, when I was in NY state it was easier to call the town. Your local town usually supplies the animal control. In my town, they got 2 fix it tickets and then the town started fining them. A lot. If it became clear the owners didn't care about the fines, they took the dog from them.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2015, 01:23 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 16:51:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 16:47:
nin wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 11:19:
Comcast admits defeat, terminates Time Warner Cable merger agreement.

Woot woot!

Don't go away mad, Comcast. Just go away.

Somewhere, there's a boardroom of suits that's sulking. And that's delicious.

I wonder how many millions they wasted on this failed attempt.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 14:26 Agent.X7

He's using Affected right, we're just used to the media being illiterate and using effected for everything, even when it's the wrong word.

Remember, if it happens to something it's affected, if you are doing it it's effected.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 13:54 Agent.X7

By Grabthar's hammer! What a savings.

Saw that story last night. Can't wait. I love that movie, and 12 Monkeys gave me the will to believe it can be done right.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 21:05 Agent.X7

We're all rocking 970s now! Mine's an Asus, and man is it quiet. I can't hear it over the PSU and radiator fans in my case. (My 690 was like a jet engine.) I actually stopped to listen last night when I was finishing Wolf.

I'm not a cop basher or a cop apologist, but that cop was an idiot. You're supposed to control the situation and not let them control it. The truth is he's not a hero, and he probably shouldn't be doing that job. Hesitating instead of making a decision will end up getting him or others killed.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
33. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 21, 2015, 13:52 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 13:28:
Prez wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 20:27:
If they can reunite for a game, why can't they reunite for another movie? (One where Shepherd and Wash don't die)

Hey, if Luke, Han, and Leia can return after all this time, why not the Firefly cast too?

Castle and the Avengers, pretty much. Whedon was talking about it after Veronica Mars got crowd funded. He's busy, Fillion is busy. After those commitments are met, he said he will think about it. Shit, I'd love to see a Buffy reunion, another season of Dollhouse, more Firefly...and while we are at it the return of Stargate, Eureka, and Farscape as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm in June
13. Re: Heroes of the Storm in June Apr 21, 2015, 00:17 Agent.X7

Tehol wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:12:
I hope the game fails.

It won't, but don't let that stop you from hating.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
21. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 18:04 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 15:10:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 14:27:
You have the same opinion as me about celebrities.. I don't give a shit if they're fucking 1000 lbs women on the side and eating donkey brains for dinenr. The only thing I care about is "Do they make good movies/shows/music/whatever".

You should care because you're otherwise enriching a douchebag. Where possible I try to spend my consumer dollars in-line with my politics. I used to buy Dominoes pizza until I found out their right-wing fascists. No longer am I a customer. I don't buy games from Stardock because Wardell is a right-wing idealogue. And if you're giving money to Adamn Baldwin to use then in effect you're making a political statement as well.

One can't always succeed at this sort of thing but they should at least make the attempt.

Hint: You are pretty much always going to be enriching a douchebag somehow. If you spend your life trying to only give money to people whose politics align with your own, it's going to be the only thing you have time for. (And you'll fail anyway.)

Do you pay your taxes? Enriching douchebags.
DO you look at ads? (Of course you do, it's impossible not to.) Enriching douchebags.
Do you buy anything online? Enriching douchebags.
Do you buy gas for your vehicle? Enriching some of the biggest douchebags on the planet.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 16:14 Agent.X7

Shatner, go back to being a second rate actor and leave thinking to smarter people. Newsflash: Arid IS the natural state of the most populated regions in CA.

LA already has water pipelines sucking water from the mountains to the desert. How's that working out for them? Oh, right, they screwed up the whole ecosystem in the places they sucked the water from. Yeah, I'm sure Seattle wants to send its fresh water all the way down the coast to California.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2015, 13:40 Agent.X7

NamecaF wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 02:04:
Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 22:39:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 20:41:
Quboid wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:17:
NamecaF wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 03:11:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 02:21:
NKD wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 23:44:
nin wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 21:19:
Man, I love R*. I'm sure I sound like a total fanboy, and I don't care. When it comes to GTA, they deliver!

At least you recognize that you're a shill. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

You do realize that shills get paid, right? People just throw that word around willy nilly and they have no idea what it means.

Umm, I think you're the clueless one as that is not true at all.

Yes it is. That's what I always took it to mean and Wikipedia, The Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster all agree.

Well, Merriam Webster is an American dictionary and we all know Americans don't know proper English

But Oxford clearly defines a Shill as...

noun
1 An accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others: I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club figurative the agency is a shill for the nuclear power industry

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shill

You can be an accomplice without gaining any monetary reward.

Well it's a deal so some sort of reward is heavily implied, but it's not essential. I suppose the association is the key and Rockstar don't know nin exists, never mind working with him as an accomplice. Sorry dude, they don't love you back

I never said nin was a shill. In fact I dont agree with what NKD said. A fanboy? Sure. I was simply pointing out the fact that Agent.X7 was wrong and you dont have to be paid to be a shill

Yeah, accomplice implies some sort of reward is expected, but keep stretching that logic.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo