Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2367 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued
9. Re: Assassinís Creed Unity Free DLC Offered; Season Passes Discontinued Nov 26, 2014, 21:52 Agent.X7

OK, is it just me or do the faces in Unity look WORSE than the faces in Black Flag? I got both for free with my XBone, and was comparing just to be sure. The faces seem blurry or something in Unity.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 25, 2014, 20:06 Agent.X7

Wow, this looks so AWESOME!

Just kidding. Turd.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
12. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 13:56 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:52:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:50:
I understand that the online interaction between players may need more evaluation when the game releases, but they could have allowed reviewers to do partial reviews and let us know about the rest of the game. From what I have heard from people who played the tests, it's not worth the price of admission, and it seems like Ubi knows that.

I've heard nothing positive about it, from word of mouth on the beta.

I've been waiting on a decent racing game for next gen, but nobody seems able to deliver. Too much emphasis on letting the game post to Facebook for you, not enough on racing and cars.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
9. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 13:50 Agent.X7

I understand that the online interaction between players may need more evaluation when the game releases, but they could have allowed reviewers to do partial reviews and let us know about the rest of the game. From what I have heard from people who played the tests, it's not worth the price of admission, and it seems like Ubi knows that.

http://tinyurl.com/px7bm6v

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 23, 2014, 04:22 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 18:48:
Cut the cord 10 years ago and never looked back. Better for me better for the kids. There's so much to do that I only watch about an hour of TV a day on average anyway. Netflix is plenty.

Ditto, except I use Amazon and Blu-rays. I only like certain shows, and most shows you can buy 5-10 seasons in a complete set for the cost of one month of cable.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
22. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 23:08 Agent.X7

Primalchrome wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 20:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 19:55:
I came back and have to say that I'm very impressed with WoW, probably as much as I was the first time I ever played back in Beta.
I'm not trolling....genuinely curious... What changed that impressed you and made it so enjoyable?

I have played on and off since Jan 2005. I played 2 years of vanilla, 1 year of BC and then quit. I came back for Wrath and stayed pretty much the entire 2 years. I played Cata for 2 months and quit. 5 levels and I did pretty much every quest and every heroic, a couple of raids and just was bored. I don't like grinding. I came back for Pandaria. I didn't even finish out 1 month. Just so bored. Nothing major changed. I tried Pandaria 3 times. I resubbed for a month, didn't play much. Did 2 free 7 day periods, didn't play much.

I came back for the last patch, a month before WoD. Leveled up to 90 easily. Did some more Pandaria stuff, but wasn't too into it. WoD hit and I've been playing once a night for an hour or more. The Garrison is fun to manage, I have followers to send on missions. The quests are more fun. Stuff dies easier so you don't mind killing a bunch of things since it doesn't take you an hour to do, which also makes you feel more powerful. Loot is better, and I can MOVE when I am using abilities now, something GW2 spoiled me with. There are also some quests like GW2 hearts. You move into an area and just do them, no ! or ? required.

I can't really nail down all the reasons, but it seems more fun now. It's why I left EQII initially. EQII had a lot of slogging through shit you didn't want to do, while WoW was just fun. WoW is just fun again. I'm sure once I hit 100 and run out of new things to do I will unsub again, but that may take a while.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Nov 19, 2014, 22:54 Agent.X7

3 Ways this article fails badly:

1 - Pumpkin SPICE in no way refers to the taste of pumpkin. It is the SPICE that you use to make a pumpkin pie, i.e. Allspice, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon. (Sometimes cloves.)

2 - Pumpkin DOES have a flavor, unless you have shitty taste buds. Also, if you are eating a pie NOT made of pumpkin, you are not eating a pumpkin pie. If it's made of another squash, it's not a pumpkin pie. You make pumpkin pie out of fucking PUMPKINS.

3 - Why is pumpkin spice linked to the fall time? Herp a derp. If you need this explained, you should probably go drown yourself in a well. Just saying.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 12:44 Agent.X7

SimplyMonk wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 11:09:
Blue wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:50:
We got a good deal because interest in hybrids has diminished with recent drops in gas prices, but the 44 hwy/city MPG still seems very appealing to me.

Awesome deal for you, but seriously... It is not like gas prices are super volatile or anything.

"Ooooh! We are back under 3 $/gallon! Time to financially lock myself into a vehicle that gets 3 mi/gallon."

I had the same thought. People are so quick to forget how often gas prices rocket up.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2014, 20:37 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 17:33:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 15:01:
Hey Blue, every time I open a page today on Blue's, be it the main page or a comments section, my iPhone

Full stop. I've found the problem.

LOL

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches
18. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches Nov 13, 2014, 23:57 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 15:15:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 15:12:
nin wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:39:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:37:
Wait, they didn't release on a Tuesday?

Went live overnight. Mine shipped out yesterday and should be here today.

What server are you on, Nin? Just got my CE from Amazon. Starting area is a great idea. Highly phased so you aren't competing with everyone for kills like every other expansion on release day.

I'm on Garona primarily, but I've not played in a long time. I suspect it'll be like previous expansions where I show up for a few days and lose interest. Not that thats the games fault, it's more of burn out w/ mmos in general.

I'm on Exodar. Started on Mannoroth, moved to get away from the gankfest that it became after BC came out. I play each expansion to the end and then pretty much quit until the next one. (At least I have since Wrath) Too many other fun games to spend time on. And raiding is more like a job than a hobby.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 23:52 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 23:37:
TriForce releasing replica Halo plasma rifles at $600 a pop.

So, does it shoot actual plasma? For that price it had better.

Yeah, for that price you can buy any number of real guns. You know, that work. Instead of a piece of plastic with LEDs. That weighs about 3 times what a real, working weapon weighs. (? Why?)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches
6. Re: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Launches Nov 13, 2014, 15:12 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:39:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:37:
Wait, they didn't release on a Tuesday?

Went live overnight. Mine shipped out yesterday and should be here today.

What server are you on, Nin? Just got my CE from Amazon. Starting area is a great idea. Highly phased so you aren't competing with everyone for kills like every other expansion on release day.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 01:23 Agent.X7

Wound up trading my PS3 and getting an XBone. Sunset Overdrive is pretty fun. And funny, regardless of Yahtzee's opinion. The 4th wall breaking is pretty funny, and I thought it was awesome when the main character cracked a line from Die Hard as I approached an office building full of bad guys. (And it wasn't an obvious line, either.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2014, 15:02 Agent.X7

A lot of companies are starting to move their releases away from Tuesday just to differentiate themselves, so I guess we've come full circle. WoW: WoD comes out tomorrow, a Thursday. Nintendo frequently likes Sunday. Some big games have picked Friday.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 10, 2014, 16:55 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 08:56:
Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 17:49:
I would consider the Xbone for a media server (I'd have to ask around to see how it does for this purpose first), but I don't have an old console to trade in.

EDIT: Well I have a Nintendo Wii in my house but it's my daughter's and she uses it to play Rock Band and Wii-Fit.

It has a Plex app so it does fine for the most part but it uses like 100W of power compared to a little FireTV or whatever that uses less than 10. Its a really expensive media player, I would only get one if you thought you would also play a lot of games on it otherwise they are cheaper bluray/HTPC combos out there.

That's my conundrum. I would love to play Sunset Overdrive and maybe the Halo collection. Other than that....PS4 or PC all the way. Almost rather get a cheap BD player and a Fire tablet. (So I can watch Prime Video on the go.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 10, 2014, 00:56 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 17:49:
I would consider the Xbone for a media server (I'd have to ask around to see how it does for this purpose first), but I don't have an old console to trade in.

EDIT: Well I have a Nintendo Wii in my house but it's my daughter's and she uses it to play Rock Band and Wii-Fit.

Contemplating trading in my 2 360s (store leftovers) and my PS3 to fund an XBone. I had one and sold it, but Sunset Overdrive looks fun, and I need a spare blu-ray/Amazon player.

Of course, I might just get something else with the credit instead.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Hearthstone Expansion Next Month
7. Re: Hearthstone Expansion Next Month Nov 8, 2014, 21:14 Agent.X7

descender wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 11:29:
It must get extremely boring if you only copy decks other people got to legendary rank with.

p.s. Agent.X7 - Onyxia is a legendary card already. there are a few random 'dragon' cards but nothing useful... yet.

I always just made my own hunter, druid, and warlock decks. I read somewhere about a certain card combo for hunters, but I tried it and it didn't work for me. I don't really go looking for deck builds because I agree with you; Half of the fun is building up a winning deck.

That said my hunter gets me to 20 every month, but I had to switch to my druid on a bunch of Naxx bosses. They just do too much damage for me to mitigate.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Hearthstone Expansion Next Month
3. Re: Hearthstone Expansion Next Month Nov 7, 2014, 22:01 Agent.X7

I'd love to have more player characters. And options to have bigger than 30 card decks. Goblins and Gnomes? Um, OK. How about Blackrock Spire, or Onyxia, or anything that are not the two most annoying races in the game.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
49. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 21:58 Agent.X7

Well...I'm glad they canceled Titan. Oooh, look at the pretty colors on those anime rejects!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2014, 14:47 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 14:28:
Experimental, noir, Oedipius, and play immediately brings to my mind images of insufferable, self-centered art house shitheads... the kind of people that wear berets. But I guess I'm just uncultured swine.

I frequently attend weekend matinees (which draw an older crowd) at the cinema and never have issues with impropriety.

So, you're saying Blue wears a beret?

There are plenty of people who think anyone who attends plays is weird. I used to get comments from coworkers all the time. *Shrug*

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2367 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo