Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2630 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 01:13 Agent.X7

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 15:13:
I liked Prometheus, but it wasn't an Aliens movie and the franchise has been lying in the gutter for a few decades now.

Blomkamp actually gives this a shot at being good - he's not a hired gun, he actually likes violence (unlike Fincher), and he'll put the script together himself. Don't get too excited though guys. You know who wrote Alien Resurrection? None other than the savior of Marvel himself, Joss Whedon.

Hang on there, because Joss Whedon got a writing credit for Alien: Ressurection, but they blew his script to shit when the flimed it. Sort of like the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer script. What the writer writes and what makes it on screen are almost always two very different things. Whedon's script for Alien was actually pretty damn good. What ended up on screen was shit, and Whedon has been quoted as saying that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who think he can do no wrong. Season two of Angel had the worst back-half I can remember, and it went on to infect part of season 3. Also, I could give a shit about the Avengers. I found the first Spider-man to be 100x better, and Guardians of the Galaxy was much better, in my opinion. I didn't think the Avengers was all that special.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 01:03 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:20:
Deadpool Just Cast Firefly's Morena Baccarin, Get The Details.

Domino!

And holy shit on that Alien news...made my week!

Ditto. Blomkamp's ideas for Alien rock.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
62. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 06:15 Agent.X7

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:00:
Well, some of us are older. We remember back when PC video games were more about making something awesome to share than making mega bucks. Sure, iD wanted to make money to pay themselves, but Wolfenstien and Doom and shit were made to be awesome for people to play with the benefit of making money.

Now? Games are made to make millions, and we just pray there's some fun in there somewhere.

It's human nature. Motion pictures, video games - all art is eventually co-opted by corporations for the express purpose of making them money. It's why a lot of first time film makers have these great films that inspire us and then they are zombified by the Hollywood machine and come up with shit for ever after.

This is such garbage and you know it.

You remind me of baby boomers who say that everything was better back in the 1950's. you're remembering a world that never existed, you're deluded with a combination of rose-lensed nostalgia glasses, and intense hatred for everything currently in front of you. maybe you always wanted to become a fireman or a policeman, and you didn't, you rue and lament your lost life. You pine for simpler times, as you've all but abandoned everything good about this world. The only thing that lets you cling to life is manufacturing hyperbole on message boards. for the trolols.

"Do you remember the time when people didn't work for money?"
*projectile vomit*

Yes, I always post things that I don't really believe. The young always think they know better. Unfortunately, I grew up with the video game industry and witnessed the corporate transformation over the years. I'm not saying everything is better, it's just different.

As far as it is pertinent to this conversation, however, it just means we are skeptical because we know better.

Now get off my lawn, ya damn kid.

And by grew up with I mean Pong was my first video game, not Doom, or TOmb Raider, or Skyrim. I played Oregon Trail on an Apple, and Gold Box games on my Commodore 64 and my friends IBM clone.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
41. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 02:00 Agent.X7

Well, some of us are older. We remember back when PC video games were more about making something awesome to share than making mega bucks. Sure, iD wanted to make money to pay themselves, but Wolfenstien and Doom and shit were made to be awesome for people to play with the benefit of making money.

Now? Games are made to make millions, and we just pray there's some fun in there somewhere.

It's human nature. Motion pictures, video games - all art is eventually co-opted by corporations for the express purpose of making them money. It's why a lot of first time film makers have these great films that inspire us and then they are zombified by the Hollywood machine and come up with shit for ever after.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
39. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 18, 2015, 00:04 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2015, 08:37:
MacLeod wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 16:47:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:37:
MacLeod wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:29:
It's like that time a friend and I got invited to a test screening of a movie. It was free, so we were like "Cool. let's go." Then I realized... "Wait... isn't this movie coming out Tomorrow??" It was. They were literally getting a test audience reaction the day before the release date. That movie? "Phantoms".

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

You can't possibly understand how much funnier that line was given our experience with that test screening.

The book for Phantoms was pretty good at least

Ok well it was ok.

Alright it sucked, wheres my beer.

Loved the book, liked the movie. Liv Schriber was creepy as hell.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 17, 2015, 01:39 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 19:44:
John wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 19:07:
This game looks really cool: http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

I know it's probably been on the news before but I just heard about it the other day. If they can pull it off then I'll be all over it.

Yeah, we've had a few threads on here discussing it. The consensus is that the design and engine look great, but we're skeptical because we've not seen what the actual game play will look like.

I remember how cool Spore sounded and how lame it actually was. I spent more time creating creatures than I ever did actually playing it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 14:50 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 14:12:
It makes sense now that they went for 30fps. If they'd gone for 60fps, the game would have been 2.5 hours!

Haha, nice.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 16, 2015, 13:34 Agent.X7

Wow, Ican upgrade the SLIvideo cards in my Alienware M18x for...the price of a new laptop with those cards. Um, pass.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 13:28 Agent.X7

I watched a 20 minute "gameplay"trailer for the Order. 18 minutes of QTE, cutscenes, and walking around, 2 minutes (maybe) of third person shooter. Iwanted to check this out, but I'm not even sure I want to play it at all now. If your 20 minute gameplay preview is that boring, how's the rest of the game?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2015, 01:22 Agent.X7

Pigeon wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 22:19:
Rhino wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 21:19:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 19:15:
Comcast gets a merger approval, but objects to new low-income requirements.

Was going to post a comment, but this one on Ars sums it up:

So... They get to be a monopoly and then complain about being regulated like one?

Still, surprised they don't just accept and do what all big telecoms do with these requirements: ignore them.

Which is probably what they'll just end up doing, anyway.

From what I understand, from the article, they seem to object to the part about enrolling 45% of house holds eligible for internet essentials program. Which appears to be a way to benchmark whether or not Comcast is actually providing the services for the poor they promised. So basically they're fine with everything except the part that checks to see whether or not they're doing what they said they would.

Poor COmcast. They do know the FCC and Congress are both moving toward regulating ISPs like utilities, right?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Reload Released
10. Re: Reload Released Feb 15, 2015, 19:38 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 18:58:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 18:54:
Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 14:58:
Reload is a realistic weapons and tactics trainer for one to four players that also happens to be a super fun, super fast playing game.

Um no, no it is not.

Hey, what happened to your avatar pic? I thought it really suited you.

I'm trying to change it, but it's all screwy like St. Louis.

Wow, I can't remember the last time you changed it. Was that Devil Boy from the old comics? (Didn't he ride a T-Rex or something?)

Whoops, just Googled that. I was thinking of Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur from Marvel comics. Nothing to do with your avatar at all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Reload Released
1. Re: Reload Released Feb 15, 2015, 13:16 Agent.X7

I don't think they know what the word "realistic" means. I've never seen a holographic crosshair float in the air in front of me at the range. (Unless I'm looking through my EOTech sight)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > NVIDIA Evolve Drivers
21. Re: NVIDIA Evolve Drivers Feb 15, 2015, 01:02 Agent.X7

This driver causes BF4 to crash to desktop at least once every few maps.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises
19. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 11, 2015, 02:26 Agent.X7

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 00:55:
Seems like just another case of fools and their money. Seriously, this is Molyneux. WTF are people thinking giving him money?

No doubt. This from someone who LOVES the Fable series, but Molyneux is famous, FAMOUS for promising the sun and handing you a light bulb instead. If you didn't know going into it that you weren't going to get what he promised, well, you probably shouldn't be anywhere near Kickstarter anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 16:26 Agent.X7

Still sticking to my original assessment: Titanfall would have been way more fun with more people. I spent way too much time gunning down AI and looking for other players to kill. If they don't up the player count, I won't even bother.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 9, 2015, 18:21 Agent.X7

Kind of like my phone being more powerful than my childhood NES.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 9, 2015, 05:05 Agent.X7

Going to guess it's just an antibody test, which means trusting the results to go ahead and ride the popular pony could still wind up with you having HIV, Herpes, or HPV.

Read an article linked from the link. Just an antibody test for HIV and Syphilis. USELESS. HIV antibodies can take months to show up, meanwhile you can infect people and show up negative on this. Herpes is what, one in three people now? And this doesn't even test for it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 23:04 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 21:49:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 21:18:
What I find surprising is that there are still quite a few people who don't "related" Republicans to Democrats, since they are basically all the same. Coke and Pepsi. They may smell a little different, but they're both bad for you.

Not true at all. They vote quite in opposition to each other most of the time. The Dems are no saints, but they come down on the side of the "people" more often than the Repigs.

Yeah, that's what they want you to think.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2015, 21:18 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 12:51:
What I find surprising is there are still quite a few people that still don't related Republicans to big business. This FCC - WH inquiry is another example. Big biz doesn't like what the FCC is doing, they go to the Republicans to see if they can find A Scandal(tm), because this is consumer friendly, that is no good anymore.

As for Samsung and the comments, fair point on they use our searches, but anything new, like recording and sending off living room conversation is just another initiative/branch of Homeland Security . Homeland Security is the new way to say Nazi in a "I need to know everything you do, just be be sure.", it just is. We've been duped and mislead, this is totally unamerican, the opposite of what we were founded on.

They say they do it to help us, but there will be closed meeting agreements the gov't forces them to sign, to put in their hooks and top that off with a double dose of even if it were on the up and up, their security sucks enough that hacker can go in, get it and use it for no good. The hottest oxymoron going right now has to be "Computer Security" and I try to get my youngest to go to school for that, I told him you go get a degree, it will pay well and you don't even have to be all that good at it, no one else has.

What I find surprising is that there are still quite a few people who don't "related" Republicans to Democrats, since they are basically all the same. Coke and Pepsi. They may smell a little different, but they're both bad for you.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches
7. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Launches Feb 7, 2015, 16:03 Agent.X7

Can't tell who published this game. If you like game breaking bugs, this is the one for you! Hey, at least you didn't spend money on it, right?

(I say this because I downloaded and tried it. I can't get past the tutorial.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2630 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo