Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2654 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2015, 01:05 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 15:08:
Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 12:15:
Well who defines what arms are? A weapon is defined by its intent. If cop stops you - and this is another perfect example of why you never consent to anything where cops are involved - and asks why you're carrying a knife/fork/stick/etc. and you reply "self-defense" then you're going to get charged with carrying a concealed weapon. They never said guns, they said arms.

Best response, I'll give you all a little help:
"I have always carried it since I was a kid" - but make sure it isn't a 6 inch folding knife.

Common sense always prevails - but in the big scope of things, it should be rare that you are stopped and frisked by a cop. (for our group here) - I carry fixed blades as well as pocket knives.

Here in NC we can conceal a handgun, but a folding knife could be considered a "concealed weapon" depending on the officer and judge.
General consensus says as long as the clip is visible on the outside of your pocket it's not concealed.

Whatever. It's not like my Swiss army knife is what I'll be whipping out if some armed assailant attacks me. "Hold on, Mr. Badguy, I have to lock my cutting blade open!"

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2015, 14:00 Agent.X7

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 13:31:
DNForever wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 13:15:
It's the most bothersome in March for sure... seems wrong to just skip an hour.
I'm fine with the skipping an hour, but trying to get the kids up for school today (as it is with every other "spring forward") was less than enjoyable. They'll get back on schedule in a few days, but it's crazy how the time change affects a child.

It affects everyone. I say pick a damn time and stick with it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 9, 2015, 13:55 Agent.X7

*facepalm*

Judge clearly lacks a basic vocabulary.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
39. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 7, 2015, 15:33 Agent.X7

Fion wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 15:14:
All this talk of cross platform. Does M$ not remember what happened last time they tried it? Utter failure because they had to gimp PC gamer's to an extreme level just to even the playing field in a game called Shadowrun (which seemed to have nothing to do with the Pen & Paper IP).

They didn't gimp PC players at all, which is why they never tried it again. PC players used to destroy console players to the point that if someone in the game found out you were playing on a PC everyone would rage quit. The only shooter I've ever played that I was in first place every single game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month
3. Re: Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain Next Month Mar 6, 2015, 22:39 Agent.X7

What the hell is with the Disney trailer for this expansion?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
30. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 4, 2015, 20:29 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 16:46:
loomy wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:39:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 10:25:
The critical flaw with streaming is that there's lag. It makes inputs less responsive and means that you're too late to react to what's really happening in the game. Any game that requires actual player skill would suffer significantly. Also, to Stream really high quality graphics with no compression artifacts, you'd need an internet connection that I'm not sure exists or is affordable to us mortals.

really great creative writing but what does it have to do with this story
What are you talking about? His concerns are spot on. You are streaming your game over the internet. Your input travels over the internet to NVidia's servers, where they process it, render the images, and send them back. There will be lag, even if you're living next door to the servers. It may be acceptable for games like Civ, but good luck being competitive in ArmA or BF. As for compression, I get compression artifacts using Steam to stream from my game machine to my laptop over Gb Ethernet, 100s of times faster than most internet connections. So, yes, there will be artifacting.

Click his name and scroll through his recent posts. 100% troll.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Steam Link Announced
11. Re: Steam Link Announced Mar 3, 2015, 23:32 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 23:22:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 22:07:
What the fuck is up with all of that streaming hype anyway? Is there any other practical scenario for it other than watching let's plays while fucking your wife?

It means you only need one gaming PC for your household because all the other machines can just stream from it. Not so useful if everybody wants to play games at the same time but works well if everyone has their own schedules.

Because there are some games I want to play from my couch that are on my PC, and I don't want to have a loud PCin my living room to stream them to, and Icertainly don't want to buy another expensive gaming PCfor my TVwhen I can stream to a cheaper device.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Steam Link Announced Mar 3, 2015, 23:15 Agent.X7

And NVidia announced a console. Can't tell yet if it streams.

http://tinyurl.com/or92sza

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

6. Re: Steam Link Announced Mar 3, 2015, 20:33 Agent.X7

Waiting for NVidia's announcement tonight. Almost guaranteed to also be a streaming device. I like Steam a lot, but I want something that streams anything I want from my PC< not just Steam. And surround sound.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
1. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 19:49 Agent.X7

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Laugh

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 19:46 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 18:58:
And this is why this is bullshit. It's not even the guy who wrote the fucking song but his family. Why should they have any claim to it? They had fuck all to do with it.

Because lazy, entitled bastards need some form of income they don't have to do anything for.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 14:21 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 14:08:
Hey if they get money or not, whatevahs.

But you cannot deny they were a weasel doing this back in the day. They were touring with Spirit and this is a song of theirs. Later STH comes out and you can't say they took a part of their melody and we aren't talking a standard rock n roll melody, but a very unique one.

That happened, imo no question, pretty low of them, unless they can prove they were given permission, then all is good in LedLand.

It's not even the same melody. It's a similar chord progression, but not the same. Page was probably inspired by it and wanted to do something similar. That happens all the time. Suing over it almost half a century later is retarded.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 00:12 Agent.X7

Redmask wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:44:
Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 21:37:
I know you're being fatuous but I didn't know that so I won't be using it. Mmmkay?

It's standalone software, who cares, stop being weird and just download it. Awesome and easy to use.
Telling Cutter to stop being weird is like telling the sun to stop rising in the East. Why did you waste your time?

Don't care what the trucker did. He had right of way, and stopping a truck like that doesn't happen quickly. She passed on the right - a no-no - AND tried to cut him off. Hope you got good insurance sweety, fixing anything on a truck costs a ton of money. Also, please don't breed because you are fucking DUMB.

What did you do today, honey?
I played chicken with a big-rig, because my IQ is potato.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2015, 23:51 Agent.X7

Full on robot chubby!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

48. Re: speechless Mar 1, 2015, 00:11 Agent.X7

Not to feed the troll (which I wouldn't have even seen except people keep quoting him)but here is the reason nobody gives a shit about people they don't know. Monkeysphere.

http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

46. Re: speechless Mar 1, 2015, 00:07 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 23:11:
Creston wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 22:40:
What does it show on? What channel, I mean?
It's on Starz. Which means I'll be waiting for Netflix. So no spoilers!

(Enjoyed Spartacus, so looking forward to Black Sails)

I got the first season on Blu-Ray last month. Debating buying the second on Amazon video. (generally available the day after they air on STarz.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 15:08 Agent.X7

Blue wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 14:31:
BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 13:34:
I need to get my priorities straight.

You could start by trolling less.

BURN!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Feb 27, 2015, 23:43 Agent.X7

Frijoles wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 21:09:
Since they can't decide who owns it, sounds like we're all clear to pirate the hell out of it. I bet re-releasing it would get someone to find the paperwork.

If you ever seen the "file" systems some companies had before they went to digital you'd know that their ownership contract is never, ever going to be found. If it didn't end up in a landfill somewhere already, it's stashed somewhere nobody is ever going to find it. Most likely a lawyer that worked for some company at some point had it in his office and it went with him wherever he wound up.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 11:19 Agent.X7

Efflixi wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 09:39:
Saw this dress on Reddit. Turns out, the dress is literally blue/black and the photo is severely overexposed and color shifted. I personally see it as bluish-white/gold in the original photo but the links below provide more info:

Actual colors in original photo: http://i.imgur.com/RsvSM5N.jpg
Actual dress in normal colors: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roman-Womens-Detail-Bodycon-Dress/dp/B00SJEUCWU

I see the same, a light blue and goldish brown. I've seen so many pictures of things that I have taken show up as weird colors that it doesn't shock me how different this appears. I just think it's funny how big of a thing this turned into. Jesus people, nothing better to do?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

56. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 01:19 Agent.X7

Mmmm, a couple of quibbles:

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:55:
*Sigh*

3. First, the US government does not "run the public school system." Schools are all run locally. You States-Rights conservatives should know that. But that lack of central oversight will result in a wide variation of quality. Second, the US doesn't spend the most per student, but it's second, so I'll give you that one. We're in line with most Western European nations. That being said, "We spend the most, so we should have the smartest students," is extremely simplistic. The US economy is strong, so US teacher salaries are going to have an outsized effect on those numbers, for example. As a % of GDP, we'd be right in the middle of the EU, which is closer to our lower test scores in the world.

The Feds absolutely run our school systems. They SHOULDN'T, but they basically do. I'm married to a teacher, I know a lot of teachers and I've done research on it. The Feds take tax money that should be going to the states in the first place and hold it over their heads. If your State's schools aren't playing by the Fed's rules, they get no funding. Since the Fed's stole erm, taxed so much money, local governments cannot raise local taxes enough to pay for the things they need. And teachers are fucking underpaid for the amount of work they do and the level of education they need.

I personally think the "WoT" is mostly a boondoggle that enriches corporations while providing much less security than we're actually paying for. And in some cases, we're using the money that implement policies that drive terrorist recruiting efforts (Hi, drone strikes!) That being said, we haven't had another attack like 9.11 on US soil, so it hasn't been a failure. Not sure what your point was? That it is very wasteful in the protection it provides? I would agree with that.

Yes, but we never had an attack like 9/11 BEFORE either. It's like saying your magic dead rat that hangs from your car mirror protects you from having an accident because you haven't had an accident since you hung it there. You're correlating data that probably has fuck all to do with one another. But, yeah, War on Drugs, War on Terror, it's all bullshit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2654 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo