Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2684 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
13. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 30, 2015, 03:25 Agent.X7

Yup. Articles like that remind me why I hated my IT jobs so much I won't even work in that field anymore.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2015, 19:58 Agent.X7

Alien Isolation on sale for $12.49 this weekend on STEAM. You know, if you were like me and waiting for it to be super cheap.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 29, 2015, 02:53 Agent.X7

Don't have a 4K monitor, mine is 2560x1080, but watching the videos from You Tube or downloading they seem to play just fine. (Yes, I switched it to the 4K setting) Granted, my PC is pretty good, but it's not like, top of the line or anything. i7-4930k, 16GB RAM, Geforce 690 GTX. The only thing getting crushed is my 20m broadband.

Ugh, though, 60fps makes me queasy. (Not on the Star Citizen one, but the paintball one)

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 2015, 03:08.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2015, 04:11 Agent.X7

Hey guys, anybody that is my friend on STEAM: Posted up 4 Heroes of the Storm beta keys on the activity feed. First come, first serve. Been playing a bit tonight. Actually quite fun. Never liked a single MOBA before this one.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 28, 2015, 00:40 Agent.X7

Crackle - 5 minutes of movie, 5 minutes of commercials. Tried watching this last night and gave up after 15 minutes. There's a reason I don;t watch cable TV, and commercials are it. Fuck you if you think I am going to pay you AND be subjected to advertising as well.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 25, 2015, 17:07 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 19:05:
Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 18:51:
They're so influential that I've actually only heard of a small handful of them, and I only know what a couple of them actually do. (Obama, Paltrow, JK Rowling, Sarkesian, etc.) I still don't know who the Kardashians are or why I should have to see them in my news feeds every day.

Also, Googlie fiber cannot come to Charlotte fast enough.

The Kardashians are famous for being famous.

Wrap your head around that one (may require the use of certain psychotropics).

AH, so they're like the Paris Hilton and, uh, Lionel Ritchie's daughter of this decade?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 17:04 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 10:26:
Wow, that Super Troopers 2 Fundraiser... it's been less than 24 hours and they are already over $1.6 million.

On top of that, a lot of the multiple thousand dollar tier packages have been sold; I liked Super Troopers too, but not nearly that much.

I'll watch it when it comes out, of course, probably not going to contribute though.

Broken Lizard haven't been very funny since the original Super Troopers. I kept watching and being disappointed. I'm not sure they have it in them to make a funny sequel, and obviously the studios agreed or they wouldn't be begging fans for money.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 17:02 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 08:59:
Mixed feels on xfiles, after all these years...not holding my breath.

Yeah, the second movie stunk, and the show stunk after Mulder left. Not sure how they think they can make something worth watching again. The first movie basically ended it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 24, 2015, 18:51 Agent.X7

They're so influential that I've actually only heard of a small handful of them, and I only know what a couple of them actually do. (Obama, Paltrow, JK Rowling, Sarkesian, etc.) I still don't know who the Kardashians are or why I should have to see them in my news feeds every day.

Also, Googlie fiber cannot come to Charlotte fast enough.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > WoW Tokens Near
11. Re: WoW Tokens Near Mar 24, 2015, 18:39 Agent.X7

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:23:
Good thing they are region-wide. I guess we'll soon find out if there is a way to buy the Token for gold on an account with a lapsed subscription through account management...somehow.

Hey, you're in luck! ALL accounts can play for free up to level 20 now. just log in, update, and create a new alt.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Lore Book
13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Lore Book Mar 24, 2015, 17:57 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 15:40:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:39:
The fact that it specifically has "Elder Scrolls Online" in the title makes me wary... Is this a general Elder Scrolls lore book, or is it about the mmo's world? It kinda makes it seem like ESO is happening in a different parallel universe than the other games. I'm not interested in ESO, I am however really interested in Elder Scrolls.

I've played nearly all the ES games, but never ESO. What's the difference in lore? They're not the same?

ESO takes place thousands of years before the ES games. Some of the stuff happening in ESO was referenced as history in other ES games, some of it doesn't seem to jive because of historical discrepancies. There are endless discussions about it. I just avoid it all and play for the fun of it.

BTW, I find it endlessly amusing when someone can quote fictional history to me line by line but doesn't know when 9/11 happened or what year the Vietnam conflict ended, or when WWII was.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 16:46 Agent.X7

BitWraith wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 08:53:
The bigger problem with 4K is even those who know what it is don't care.

4K is annoying because it doesn't actually correspond to its resolution. (3820x2160) 720p and 1080p were easy - the vertical pixel height and p= progressive scan, which was superior to i= interlaced scan. Suddenly 4K comes out and means...nothing. Oh, sorry, it's "about" 4 times better than 1080p. Whatever. 2160p just wasn't up to marketing snuff, I guess.

That said, I do want one at some point. The main benefit is the much tighter pixel density. It's like comparing a 1080p TV to a LCD monitor. One you can have inches from your eyeballs and it looks great, one...not so much. Certain PC functions - desktop, web browser, etc - look MUCH better on a 4K screen across the living room. I play some games from my laptop which I have hooked into my TV and although the games are generally good, anything else is hard to read. Movies and TV shows look better, even if they are not in 4K natively. Hard to argue with the pixel density.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched
14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patched Mar 23, 2015, 16:38 Agent.X7

Tried the XBone free trial. Seems pretty cool, but I have so much to play right now that I will just wait until it's super cheap.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2015, 01:07 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 23:58:
Yeah, was a little disappointed in the ps4 offerings. Wish they did something where, if you own a ps3 game, you could play it through psnow w/o the monthly fee.

THat would be awesome. Tired of waiting for Uncharted remastered.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Pre-Purchase Bonus
7. Re: Hearthstone Blackrock Mountain Pre-Purchase Bonus Mar 21, 2015, 01:04 Agent.X7

Naxramas was a blast (except that one cheating bastard boss!) and I expect this will be too. Some nights Hearthstone is my only gaming since it's so quick to jump in a play a round or two. I think the pre-order bonus is an attempt to get people to spend real money on an expansion that can be had for in game gold once it releases. I'm impatient and I want to spend my gold on cards, so I just buy them anyway. For the $40 I've spent on Hearthstone expansions I have probably played it for a lot longer than most $60 AAA games anyway.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
63. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 19, 2015, 03:13 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 01:09:
Drayth wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 11:47:
Definitely snagging that full immersion mod.

I installed via original discs last night to get a "head start" on the rest of the downloading... and yeah, had to download about 35 gigs more. Didn't look at the finished size of the install, some of that has to be overwrites of existing data.

Game is completely different from the original, so that doesn't surprise me.

Loving some of the changes. The dye is great, coming from GW2 where I can color everything. Justice system is cool, loving stealing from merchants and outrunning the guards. Been crafting and exploring and doing side quests and forgetting the main quest....just like Skyrim. So...yeah, it's an Elder Scrolls game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
77. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 19, 2015, 03:09 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 01:08:
PHJF wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 00:05:
Dude, games before dames.

Hmm, I dunno, dude. I saw pics of some dames once on the internet, and they looked pretty fun...

LOL

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
64. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 17:12 Agent.X7

I'd be willing to bet at this point what we are going to get is a Half-Life reboot at some point.

The flat structure they use is great for people who want to be creative and NEVER EVER ship a damn game, but it sucks for meeting any sort of goals or fan expectations. Look, I spent the last 4 years perfecting Freeman's goatee! It has several thousand hairs that all move realistically! It can't actually work in the game, but isn't it cool!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

56. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 18, 2015, 01:26 Agent.X7

Yeah, hehe. Messing around all day with it on and off.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

52. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 20:21 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 19:12:
Thanks for the info on that inventory mod. I have the following mods installed via MINION.

HarvestMap
Inventory Grid View
Inventory Item Borders
LoreBooks (I read EVERYTHING)
Mundusmap
SkyShards
Slightly Improved Experience Bar
SoftCapInfo
TreasureMaps
Wykkyd's Full Immersion

All found from that previous mod link, install Minion software and it will install them for you. Then you can check and uncheck the mods in the menu in the game before you load. If they are in RED on the menu in game, they are out of date and may not work.

OOh, harvest map, need to check that out.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2684 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo