Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2368 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

PC Gaming > Post your FPS config - old school
11. Re: Post your FPS config - old school Sep 17, 2014, 12:52 Agent.X7

Hehe, when I was first starting out I used the Num Pad as well. It got so hard to get games to take input from the numpad that I gave up started using WASD.

WASD = move
INverted mouse
LB = Shoot
RB = Jump
M4 = Aim
M5/F = melee
M6/G = Secondary
Space = Crouch
C = Prone
P = Grenade
T = Flashlight
V = Fire mode
R = Reload
LSHift = Run
LCTRL = Slow/walk

Keep in mind that I use a ZBoard Merc STealth (Well, now Steelseries) so that all these keys surrounds the butterfly WASD keys in easy reach.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2014, 21:43 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 17:45:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:56:
Alamar wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 13:19:
Just once, I would like to see the final poker hand winning tournament not be a royal flush, and instead be something realistic, like a three of a kind, or at most, a full house...

Happens all the time. In fact most tournaments I have been at is high pair.....just gotta pick your spot.

The best is winning on shit. Biggest pot I ever won was on a pair of twos. And what made it so sweet was everyone stayed in and everyone was bluffing.

Coolest, James Bondian thing I ever saw was a high stakes game at the Pioneer in Vegas 20 years ago. I'll relate it another time, but it was straight out of a Bond film, I swear.

Only if people got shot up after the game ended.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary
29. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fable Anniversary Sep 13, 2014, 21:25 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 10:27:
PHJF wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:28:
So they removed the mouse support in the UI (which was in the original game). The dev rep can be quoted as saying, "we only had time to do mouse controls or mod support, and we chose mod support."

Take it back, it's worth zero. I bet they have awesome mod support, their known for that, cough. I think Peter actually hates gamers at this point and it shows.

Peter doesn't even work there anymore.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 15:11 Agent.X7

Frijoles wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:30:
Slick wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:20:
anyone here tried this game with a HOTAS? (hands on throttle and stick) and care to comment on what works and what doesn't?

I bought the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick

I don't recall paying that much, though. Thought it was $50. I've got vertical thrust bound to a couple keys on the thruster which makes it much easier to fly. Only problem I found is that the front switch on the thrust controls don't seem to do anything and I can't bind them to anything. It'd be nice to have panels or thrust bound to that.

The controls have the Thrustmaster as an option, but I didn't care for it. I ended up changing things around. There's also a lot of hidden buttons on this thing, so I had to look it over and find all the buttons I could map. Overall it was well worth $50.

Thrustmaster + Rift = awesome. I'm up to about 2 hours in game with no problems. I've gotten pretty good at working the panels in the game, so now I just flip my head around to turn things on and off in the ship. And hitting hyperspace/supercruise never gets old.

It is $50. All the major retailers are out of stock, so the resellers are driving up the price.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 13:29 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:45:
The engineering for waste plants and stuff like that just fascinates me to no end.

And getting eaten alive. Yeah, that's gotta suck. Worst one I've seen is on teh Youtubes, two hyenas mowing down on a poor animal's - buffalo I think it was - stomach while the thing is still alive and just bleeding out. Darn nature, you're cruel. That and the pride of lions that take down the little elephant. So sad.

And yet PETA would have us all believing that animals have the deepest respect for each other and nothing bad ever happens in nature.

Watch a herd of Zebras kill a dog just for shits and giggles and get back to me, crazy animal worshipers. Nature is very cool, but by no means gentle or cruelty-free.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 12, 2014, 13:09 Agent.X7

Because they got their chance with Dead Island Riptide and didn't do so well?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > ArcheAge Open Beta
14. Re: ArcheAge Open Beta Sep 5, 2014, 16:35 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 15:55:
Played for about 3 hours before uninstalling. If you're into grindy asian MMOs then this'll be right up your alley. If not, you can safely skip it.

I played for about 10 minutes before I figured out there was no way to invert the mouse look. That was weeks ago. I don't have any hope for an MMO without basic control options.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today
11. Re: Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today Sep 5, 2014, 01:43 Agent.X7

Played about half of this game on XBone. Pretty fun, but Destiny is right around the corner, and I'm still playing DIII UEE & the Second Son add on. Going to wait until it's about $15.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
34. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 22:29 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 15:10:
Played it for 30 minutes and thought it was boring as hell. Pretty but boring and shallow. You can see it went through major design shifts, it just screams a lack of project management. Between this and Knack I don't have fond launch title memories.

Oh, please don't bring up Knack. That they even made that an on-disc game is a tragedy.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
27. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 13:34 Agent.X7

Ryse: Son of zzzzzzzzzzz...huh? Wha?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Time Travel Sep 4, 2014, 01:44 Agent.X7

I've always been convinced a theory like Loyd's is more plausible. Time travel would seem to be one way only - backwards. Once you arrive at the chosen point in the past, you have created an alternate timeline/universe in which the future has not yet occurred. It doesn't matter if you go back in time and kill your grandfather. You have already been born. You will cease to exist in the timeline you left, and nothing you do in the past will ever effect the timeline you left. If you kill your grandfather, you simply prevent the probable birthing of yourself in the new timeline. But you didn't prevent YOUR birth because clearly you already exist.

We'd never know if someone went back in time and killed Hitler, because it would occur in an alternate timeline. Basically time travel is useless except in personal matters. Even then, going back in time to save your wife might piss off the you from the alternate timeline you just created. Or would there be a you? Perhaps he might cease to exist the moment you create the timeline.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
25. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 23:28 Agent.X7

Jerykk wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 23:02:
I must be one of the few people who thought Watch_Dogs was a good game. I loved how open-ended most of the missions were (particularly the side-missions). I also liked the tactical choices that hacking offered. I don't really care about story and I love stealth so playing Watch_Dogs like a stealth game was a lot of fun for me.

That said, I feel like they wasted a lot of resources on the minigames. The minigames were sort of interesting for five minutes and then you never did them again. Those resources could have been better spent improving and expanding other parts of the game (like adding the ability to shoot while driving, use NPCs as human shields, adding stealth takedowns when you're using low cover, giving NPCs the ability to use motorcycles, improving AI in general, etc).

Nope, I thought it was great. You can tell if I really like a game by whether or not I even finish it. I finished it and got a shitload of the trophies as well. I liked it better than GTA V. (Blasphemy, I know.)

I agree about the mini-games too. I tried most of them, but didn't really care. I loved the gang side missions where you go in and wipe out a gang, those were my favorite.

Didn't do any of the DLC because most of it was mini-games. This I may pick up.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 3, 2014, 23:22 Agent.X7

Just let me know when it's FTP so I can log in again.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. removed Sep 3, 2014, 15:22 Agent.X7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 4, 2014, 07:29.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 02:24 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 17:32:
1badmf wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:08:
love how the bulldogs in that article look so much healthier than today's versions. also, would be nice if they did some basic fact checking. 'f-15 mustang' heh.

45 peeps in the pickem league wow. do you guys always pick the favorite or do you try to guess an upset now and then?

I usually go by gut and some common sense - XYZ is hurt on Team A so that doesn't look good for them. Like Blue, with the Giants I always pick the Packers, except this year. This year I'm going to experiment like I was a professional gambler and had a lot riding on each game. This year it'll be all picks with my head. Even this first round as an example I took the Seahawks over the Pack.

I picked the Seahawks because I like the name better!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
10. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 1, 2014, 22:29 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 03:58:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 01:58:
Kids always think they can't be tracked.

Until they end up in Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison.

Ever heard of tor project? Yeah, neither have these kids.

Yes, I have. Ever hear of the FBI? They have surprisingly talented cyber-ops guys who track down Tor users all the time.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 1, 2014, 01:58 Agent.X7

Kids always think they can't be tracked.

Until they end up in Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2014, 23:34 Agent.X7

Buzz buzz * I'm relevant! * buzz buzz. Buzz buzz buzz. *Look at me!* buzz buzz buzz. Buzz buzz.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2014, 01:26 Agent.X7

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 18:36:
Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 14:09:
Bodolza wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:21:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:11:
His skin looks really bad....that color....is he wasted?

He's 83 years old. Give the man a break.

He looks amazing for 83.

Holy shit, my mind was just blown. He's 83?!?!?! I thought he would be around 65 to 70. I hope I look that good at 83.

You will if you spring for plastic surgery and botox injections regularly.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
156. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 01:17 Agent.X7

Desalus wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 15:24:
UHD wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:40:
So enlighten us then: how do you properly champion the cause of feminism?
Lead by example. If you think games are sexist, makes games you think are not sexist. Put up or shut up.

There's plenty of games that do not have this content and they don't deter developers from producing games that do. Besides, you're expecting everyone who has something critical to say about games to be capable of developing games themselves? If that's the case then I never want to see any criticism from you, because you should be leading by example and developing your own game! "Put up or shut up."

No, but I don't go around whining that not enough games feature Irish/Welsh-American heroes who grew up poor on farms and had to bust their ass to get anything they had. I'm tired of whiny bitches crying about racism, sexism, blah blah blah like it's what is holding them back. Nope, your own bullshit is holding you back. You look for racism/sexism everywhere, so of course you see it everywhere. Kind of like McCarthy and communists.

Put up or shut up? Yeah. Like all the black folk bitching that their communities are policed by white folk. Motherfucker, shut the fuck up and join the police then! Oh, you don't want to? Well, neither did most other black folk in your area, which is why all the cops are white. Put up or shut up.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2368 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo