Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2180 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2014, 13:48 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 13:01:
that tooth thing is pretty damn funny considering dentists have been trying to say remineralisation is fictional/not real/hocus pocus new age shit for years now

fucking morons.. way too many "doctors" out there are just clueless assholes - blind cogs in the pharma machine

They're not clueless, they are money-hungry. Cavities are a staple money-maker for dentists.

And Transformers movies are hilarious. As long as you drink first and spend the entire movie laughing at how bad Bay has become. He's really just a satire version of his past self. The third movie is particularly funny. So many bad shots.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
26. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 16:52 Agent.X7

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 16:27:
There is a major flaw in the game's main character which destroys any sense of realism for me. He's supposed to be some vigilantly, right? He's running around fighting/stopping crime, right? So why is it ok (in his mind) to go and commit the exact same (or worse) crimes? The guy is a total hypocrite. How did the developers not realize this?

They did. It's mentioned several times by news commentators and other characters. He's a flawed character.

Personally I find him way more likeable than someone like Kratos, whose whole tortured existence is his own fault. Or the guy in the second Prototype who caused 90% of his own problems by being an asshole to everyone he met.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
48. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 16, 2014, 13:10 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 04:33:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 16:54:
I can shoot 1K+ rounds out of real guns every range trip and not have tired hands.

Sounds...expensive...

Not if you buy cheap ammo.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

45. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 19:23 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 18:18:
Played a few more missions and still on the fence. Got to the tank guy and couldn't go any further, as once again, no one was around...

I'll shoot you a friend X7. I don't multi much at all, but I'm always curious to see what other are playing/achievements, etc...

Hopefully they'll do another weekend later...

Beta is in July. I think you have to pre-order for that, though. I'm kind of waiting to see if they do a Collector's Edition, because I have a sickness.

I don't multi much either except in games that are all multi, like this or Driveclub when it comes out. I get all my multiplayer fun from the PC. ESO, BF4. Except Watch Dogs, because that just happens.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

43. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 16:54 Agent.X7

Fantaz wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 16:50:
i don't like how that always in Bungie games you have to shoot hundreds of bullets into an enemy just to kill it. kind of like Gears of War, it may be more challenging but it just gets boring for me after a while and tiring on the hands, especially shooting with the new trigger buttons on the new controllers that have more resistance when you press them. also with all the crap that hovers on screen i find it hard to even see enemies properly like with the triangles, names and health bars hovering over enemies, and the hit point numbers that show every time you shoot an enemy. sort of like a mess of graphics. the last two bosses in the alpha are just ridiculously long also, and take forever to beat.

The triggers don't really bother me. You don't have to crank them all the way back to shoot, so you can feather them very lightly over and over to get accurate burst fire. If that's tiring on your hands, you may need some sort of exercise. I can shoot 1K+ rounds out of real guns every range trip and not have tired hands. You'd better believe there's a lot more resistance in real triggers than on game controllers.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

41. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 16:45 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 15:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 14:15:
In the alpha you start at level 4 and you can only level to 8, so it's pretty limited. You can't really get a sense of what the story is.

How about how it is presented, that was more my wondering?

The limited story info in the alpha is presented by your Ghost, which is some small floating ball/robot/entity thing that floats by you for light and exposition.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 14:17 Agent.X7

RRrrrrroooooooo nnnnoooooooo, Raggy!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

39. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 14:15 Agent.X7

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 11:03:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 02:21:
After spending the last 2 hours in a 3 man group taking on missions and then the final alpha boss, I have to say that I am going to pre-order this. It's just a lot of fun. Reminds me of Borderlands playing co-op.

Does it have a story being acted out like BL's? Another part of BL's that I like is the over the top characters and how it all is easily followable by them talking to us in the top right as we continue to move and fight. I still credit that was the magic that is System Shock 2 back in the day. Telling the story as we continue to play, not stop get story, go play, stop get story. Does Destiny deliver its story in a BL fashion as well? And what is the term we used to describe story telling like this?

Well, the overall story is given in the trailer. The Traveler shows up...well, to save time, watch the Fifth Element. That's pretty much what it sounds like. You've come back to Earth after a long time, and you're trying to piece together what happened. We only got one "story" mission in the alpha, and it's very early on. Then you go open world mode, looking for missions. When you make level 6, you can do the co-op "Strike" mission, which is a bunch of boss fights.

In the alpha you start at level 4 and you can only level to 8, so it's pretty limited. You can't really get a sense of what the story is.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

30. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 15, 2014, 02:21 Agent.X7

After spending the last 2 hours in a 3 man group taking on missions and then the final alpha boss, I have to say that I am going to pre-order this. It's just a lot of fun. Reminds me of Borderlands playing co-op.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Jun 14, 2014, 17:30 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 13:19:
SirKnight wrote on Jun 14, 2014, 13:09:
I was playing the alpha on my ps4 last night. It's a pretty good game (although not surprisingly, it's very very much like halo) but I can't hit jack squat with the controller. Needs mouse badly. So I really hope they release this for the PC at some point.

I was also surprised to see it's not super linear like halo either. There's all these side areas you can explore besides just the main path.

Just finished the first mission. The two bozos I was grouped with just ran around, and I ended up soloing the mission myself. This was not pretty, as like you, I can't hit the broadside of a barn. Eventually finished it (took forever), and only died one time.

Extremely pretty game. Shooting mechanics seemed ok. If there was a cover mechanic, I've not found it yet, and it would have been useful instead of side strafing all the time. Also would have been handy to be able to make myself available for people to join, instead of being stuck trying to solo something.

Overall, I see the potential, but need more time with it. Are there squad commands I missed, like "help, I'm trying to solo the boss, get the fuck over here"?

You should add me on PS4! I was playing this morning. I was very surprised how easy it was to shoot stuff until I realized how much the game was helping me aim. Oh, you're close enough, here, we'll just center the dot on the bad guy for you. Still pretty fun though.

But, yeah. Some giant cannon thing kicked the crap out of me. One guy was AFK behind a rock the whole time, another left the boss area, and the other guy was shooting all the adds but not the boss. I didn't even get him down to half health before the timer ran out.

Trying to figure out the difference between classes too. I have a hunter and Warlock, and so far the only noticeable difference is special abilities. Weapons and armor are the same.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 11:55 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 18:49:
nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:28:
panbient wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:19:
Gotta say I'm liking the charity drum-offs a lot more than I should. And while I realize it's for charity, my money is on Smith to kill it and play circles around Ulrich.

Now Jimmy Chamberlin vs. Chad Smith on the other hand would be something epic.

Drum-offs are cool and everything, but Lars Ulrich is the biggest douchebag to ever grace the kit. A thousand charity drum-offs wont change this.

Like panbient said, I appreciate it's for a charity. If it was just them goofing around, I'd eventually lose interest. But for charity is nice, and I hope it goes well...

Was hoping Will might eventually branch out into golf/tennis/cook offs, etc...

Travis Barker would make them look stupid....

Yeah, but you can keep escalating all day until you eventually get to people like Mike Portnoy, Mike Mangini, Terry Bozio, Neil Peart, Mike Terrana...I mean, there are tons of people out there better than these guys.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 15:14 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 09:41:
"Uncharted 4" To Be The Last In The Series?

While I understand wanting to go out on top, I can't help but think that if this is the case, we'll have a reboot in 5-10 years. You don't ignore that kind of cash flow/success forever...

edit:
30 Years Later, Gamers Find New "Infinite 1-Up" Trick in Mario.

Ok, I'm only 2 minutes into the video, and the original 3-1 trick is a lot simpler...

I'm kind of thinking that while Naughty Dog may want to be done with Uncharted, Sony will probably keep it going.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 00:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 23:08:
And all of that is exactly why, when I hear this song and dance of "Dragon Age 3 will be better, we swear", I'm instantly skeptical...

I don't know how anyone can trust EA at this point...who are these people who preorder and think "it'll be better this time!"?

Well, Dragon Age 3 is a double-whammy. EA AND Bioware.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 19:49 Agent.X7

OK, Battlefield Hardlines. Got into the beta today. Played a couple of maps.

Yeah. I LOVE the Battlefield series. Absolutely my favorite multiplayer shooters ever.

This game SUCKS. It feels like a cheap mod to Battlefield. The guns, models, hell pretty much every element of the map feels cheap. They somehow managed to mess up the feel of the guns along with the looks. I can't believe they want to charge $60 for this. Ugh.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: The New Zelda Is Open-World, Looks Absolutely Incredible. Jun 11, 2014, 00:27 Agent.X7

Animals for Crackers wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 23:35:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:54:
That was my thought as well. Uh, guys? Zelda has pretty much always been open world. Good job reporting that non-story. Bonus points for misusing industry catch phrases.

The series started requiring you to complete dungeons in a certain order to progress the story and access new areas since the transition to 3D with Ocarina of Time, and has since maintained the same relatively rigid structure apart from the recent A Link Between Worlds which brought it back to fundamentals and was all the better for it.

Yes, you could explore any given area once you had access to it but it was limited and usually only for optional side stuff.

But don't take my word for it or anything, it's not like the director of the series basically said the same thing as the source you are directing your groundless cynicism at or anything.

Edit: I don't know, maybe this is a misunderstanding of the context "open world" is being used in? It does have a different meaning/connotation in videogames depending on what's specifically being referred to, the subject of which I thought was rather clear in the trailer and the accompanying article. /shrug

This accompanying article?

We just got our first glimpse at the first new high-definition Zelda game, and it looks truly insane. Zelda is going open-world.12

Series producer Eiji Aonuma announced the game during the Nintendo Digital Presentation this morning, promising that this Zelda will feel totally different thanks to their open-world structure. It looks like a cross between Wind Waker and Skyrim.

The game is scheduled for 2015. Video here

Yeah, that made anything clear. ALso, it's not groundless cynicism, it's pointing out that Zelda has pretty much always been open world. And if you define open world as not having content locked before you complete certain missions, then I guess NOTHING is open world to you.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 3
14. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 11, 2014, 00:23 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 00:08:
Axis wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:28:
Yes Danielle Riendeau... you feel everyone everywhere needs to pander to the liberal whim of ethnic equality representation.

So you'd certainly agree that the Han Chinese, Hindustani, Arabs and Bengalis need to be first and foremost represented in the future in everything, everywhere if it involves a "world audience appreciation" since they far outnumber every other ethnicity in the world we live in.

On the other hand, I think it's worth pointing out that while gaming continues to rapidly gain playership among women, minorities, and LGBTs, E3 continues to market to the white straight male.

Yes, but there is a reason other groups are called "minorities." Marketing execs will always pander to the biggest target audience, and trends take a long time to catch on at the top.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 11, 2014, 00:19 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 23:30:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:53:
It's time for people to fucking learn causality does not equal causation.

There were no transgender black people presenting! Video game companies don't like minorities!

i believe the phrase you are looking for is "correlation does not equal causation"

just a bit of fucking learning for ya.. heh

Yeah, mistyped that because I was doing something else.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
20. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 11, 2014, 00:04 Agent.X7

EricFate wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 09:08:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 23:29:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 19:48:
What else did you expect, once the official server hosting came online? People should not be profiting from running a multiplayer server for any game...

Why not? You think they should do it for free, even though they pay to operate the server?

Yes. The only cost incurred by a person operating a server is the cost of their hosting. If they are billing for anything above and beyond that, they are entitled to nothing unless they happen to work for the company who created the product they are paying to host.

If they feel they need to be compensated for their time spent making or maintaining content because their regular income cannot support the hours they are spending on recreation -- then they need to re-evaluate their lives.

If they are part of a structure which promotes itself to the point where ad revenue and donated funds are enough that this has technically become their day job, then great. They can do that too.

The one thing they cannot and have never been allowed to do is charge real money for in game objects/benefits.

You contradicted yourself in there, so I can't even really tell where you are coming from.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: The New Zelda Is Open-World, Looks Absolutely Incredible. Jun 10, 2014, 22:54 Agent.X7

That was my thought as well. Uh, guys? Zelda has pretty much always been open world. Good job reporting that non-story. Bonus points for misusing industry catch phrases.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 3 Jun 10, 2014, 22:53 Agent.X7

It's time for people to fucking learn correlation does not equal causation.

There were no transgender black people presenting! Video game companies don't like minorities!

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 00:19.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2180 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo