Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2678 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 26, 2015, 18:59 Agent.X7

Yeah, I ordered it on lunch today. I'm a sucker for CEs.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 10:58 Agent.X7

Hell, I have a spare Sony receiver that I thought should be no problem to hook up to my PC.

Ha. Effing. Ha.

Some things will do sound through it, some won't. Some surround gets stripped to mono, some mono comes through all the speakers, it's a damn mess. All of the research I have done points to it being a major pain in the ass to get everything working correctly, so I gave up. I just use my SB Z and my old THX Creative speakers. I can't even imagine trying to get my PS4 to run through the PC to these speakers though.

Also: Personal flamethrower. Cool, but...yeah. I don't exactly live anywhere near where I could fire one up, and I'm pretty sure my favorite indoor ranges would not let me use it there either. So...it's a $900 "look what I have!" toy as far as I can see. I can think of much better things to buy for $900, like something I actually could use at my local range.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
10. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 10:42 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 09:42:
InBlack wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 09:39:
I have never played a Metal Gear Solid game in my life. Just wanted to come out say it. Blush

I've not played since the NES port. But they had me @ open world.

Pretty much the same. We all played MGS on the NES because back then there weren't 800 million games to pick from. I picked up Zero when it came out for the PS4 and it was pretty cool, but I've not played any of the games between the two. I just watched a history of the series and it looks like all I missed was one of the most convoluted, confusing, and frankly idiotic stories of all time. The gameplay in Zero was great, though, and I'm looking forward to Phantom Pain.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2015, 20:19 Agent.X7

People *SERIOUSLY* still use the Inception *BWAH* in trailers? In what world is that not a red flag?

Don't watch many trailers? I mean, they use it in EVERYTHING.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 20:14 Agent.X7

Saboth wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 18:20:
AdamK47 wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 13:32:
What a horribly bad article. It's almost as if The Escapist told the author to write something that vaguely had some semblace to the topic at hand and post it anyway. The guy was obviously clueless about what to write.

I agree. It rambled about several non-related topics. Best Buy doesn't have CD-ROMs on the shelves, so PC games are dying? Obviously it's because games have moved to digital distribution. Something about a game writer being harassed online...leads to the downfall of PC gaming?

No one is leaving PC gaming. If anything, more people are getting on-board with it. Consoles are great if you like simplicity, but if you like MMOs, strategy and options, you go PC.

Best Buy doesn't have physical copies of most PC games on the shelf, but they do have half an aisle of cards for PC games, which is as big a section as PS4 or XBox one have.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released
3. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released Aug 20, 2015, 20:11 Agent.X7

Retired wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 15:35:
So 16 bucks gets all episodes? Been on the fence, but looks like something I could swing with 1 hand.

(Looking at friends who play only have 1-3 hours in the game though....that isn't a very good indication of 16$ well spent)

Took me over 2 hours for the first episode. Keep in mind episode 4 just came out and 5 is still to come.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released
1. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 Released Aug 20, 2015, 15:24 Agent.X7

Season was on sae on Steam this week. Probably my fvorite TTgame so far, and I loved Fables and Walking Dead.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2015, 13:55 Agent.X7

Wipe the cabinet walls down with white apple cider vinegar. (We use a splash in every load of laundry to help the washing machine stay fresh too.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled
16. Re: Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled Aug 19, 2015, 13:36 Agent.X7

wtf_man wrote on Aug 19, 2015, 09:59:
3D Realms saying they didn't realize they weren't entitled to license an IP after selling it off

Inquisitive Wtf

Wait, we still get the residuals, right? WHAT?!?!? We Don't?!?! WHY NOT!?!?!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
40. Re: etc. Aug 19, 2015, 00:11 Agent.X7

Beamer wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:49:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 19:25:

THousands of people polled across the USis statistcally meaningless. Extrapolating that 90% of over 330 million people want something by asking even 10,000 people has asuch a high margin of error it's statistically worthless.

You need to Google "sample size." If you'd like, you can even Google "Sample Size United States" to see how many you need to have a statistically representative group.

In general, in the US, they use a sample of 1000-1500. Your 330 million isn't accurate, it's more like 190 million adults. In that case, you get about a 3% error margin with 1000 people polled, assuming it's a true random poll.
To get that to 2%, you need to triple it. To get it to 1%, you need to then quadruple that. Which is why they never bother - 3% margin of error is pretty good.

So yeah, you're really far off on your criticism of how statistics work. I'm not saying you couldn't make an argument, but "statistically meaningless" is factually inaccurate.

I need to put a sign above my monitor that says "Do NOT engage." I took statistics and I can tell the difference between probability and actuality, thanks. Good night, good bye.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards
7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards Aug 18, 2015, 23:59 Agent.X7

Well, poop. I already own Diablo.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
36. Re: etc. Aug 18, 2015, 19:25 Agent.X7

Agrajag wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 06:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:50:
You cannot poll 25 people on the streets of NY and then use that to say 90% of Americans say anything and have it be even the slightest bit accurate. Their methodology gives an accuracy of exactly 0.

If that were how they did things, you might have a point... But, they don't do that... They randomly call thousands of people all across the country... So, your complaint is just nonsense...

But, more importantly, your original claim was that politicians just made up the numbers, when in fact the numbers came from multiple polls conducted by independent entities... I'm sure, in your fantasies, they're all just propaganda wings of the government, but that still doesn't make them politicians or their results simply made up...

THousands of people polled across the USis statistcally meaningless. Extrapolating that 90% of over 330 million people want something by asking even 10,000 people has asuch a high margin of error it's statistically worthless.

I'm sure in your fantasies the government does nothing wrong and means he best fr everyone and never lies ever ever. And nobody gets paid to mnipulate numbers or extract whatever meaning they like from them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
35. Re: etc. Aug 18, 2015, 19:20 Agent.X7

Sepharo wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 23:06:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 22:50:
Agrajag wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 09:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 22:54:
That 80-90% number is bullshit politicians literally made up.

If by "politicians" you mean Quinnipiac University, Washington Post, CNN, and CBS, and by "made up" you mean polled...

They also love to claim that 90% of NRA members support it, despite never having asked us.

No, it's 90+% of gun owners who support it, not NRA members... Among them, it's only 74%...

FYI jdreyer: There is no "gun show loophole." It's bullshit made up by the media and politicians.

He's talking about the private seller loophole, as is everyone who talks about the "gun show loophole"... Private sellers need not perform background checks... That's the hole everyone wants to plug with universal background checks...

You've got some good points with the futility of the War on Drugs and such, but I can't see why requiring background checks for private sales is so horrible... Especially if, as part of the deal, they opened up access to the checks so anyone could perform them for free, without going through a dealer...

Yes, openly political media outlets who lean one way or the other are CLEARLY non-biased and would always use the most scientific polls...no, Ican't even finish that with a straight face. Dude, "polls"are the most scientifically, statistically incorrect way to find out anything. You cannot poll 25 people on the streets of NY and then use that to say 90% of Americans say anything and have it be even the slightest bit accurate. Their methodology gives an accuracy of exactly 0.

Jesus, The Washington Post. Yeah, they are so unbiased. LOL.

You're not going to admit you were wrong about background checks at gunshows? Or at least respond to my reply?

It's a FEDERALlaw, and licensed firearms dealer MUST do a NICScheck before selling anybody a firearm UNLESS that state has a more stringent methodology already in place. (FOr example, NC where I live - if you already possess a concealed hangun permit, you don't have to have a NICS check because your permit required a much more in -depth background check.) Any dealer at a gun show is doing a background check. Private sales can take place anywhere and there is no federal law covering them. More people sell privately on Armslist than have ever sold privately at a gun show.

If they wanted to let people know that private sales were a loophole, then they could have said that. Words have meaning and they deliberatly chose to call it the "gun show loophole" for a reason.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
28. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2015, 22:50 Agent.X7

Agrajag wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 09:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 22:54:
That 80-90% number is bullshit politicians literally made up.

If by "politicians" you mean Quinnipiac University, Washington Post, CNN, and CBS, and by "made up" you mean polled...

They also love to claim that 90% of NRA members support it, despite never having asked us.

No, it's 90+% of gun owners who support it, not NRA members... Among them, it's only 74%...

FYI jdreyer: There is no "gun show loophole." It's bullshit made up by the media and politicians.

He's talking about the private seller loophole, as is everyone who talks about the "gun show loophole"... Private sellers need not perform background checks... That's the hole everyone wants to plug with universal background checks...

You've got some good points with the futility of the War on Drugs and such, but I can't see why requiring background checks for private sales is so horrible... Especially if, as part of the deal, they opened up access to the checks so anyone could perform them for free, without going through a dealer...

Yes, openly political media outlets who lean one way or the other are CLEARLY non-biased and would always use the most scientific polls...no, Ican't even finish that with a straight face. Dude, "polls"are the most scientifically, statistically incorrect way to find out anything. You cannot poll 25 people on the streets of NY and then use that to say 90% of Americans say anything and have it be even the slightest bit accurate. Their methodology gives an accuracy of exactly 0.

Jesus, The Washington Post. Yeah, they are so unbiased. LOL.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Aug 15, 2015, 22:54 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2015, 15:52:
Years after the Sandy Hook shooting, promised research on guns and games isn't happening…

Because any link, if it exists at all, is extremely weak. And there are much more concrete ways to address the issue first:

1. Require insurance companies cover mental health 100% for all plans. Currently most insurance companies only cover it partially, if at all.

2. Implement some common sense changes in gun laws, supported by 80-90% of Americans: back ground checks, closing the gun show loophole, etc.

3. Implement education reforms so that poor people have more economic opportunity. As well, gun violence is perpetrated disproportionately by the poor and less educated.

4. Implement economic reforms so that the decades long increase in income inequality is reversed.

That 80-90% number is bullshit politicians literally made up. They also love to claim that 90% of NRA members support it, despite never having asked us. Gun violence itself is merely a symptom of the larger socio-economic issue. You can't get rid of it because the morons in charge refuse to acknowledge the actual issues.

Gee, remember prohibition? Gun violence SKYROCKETED. Why? No legal recourse for the business people selling illegal alcohol. Criminals got rich, the government made money from it, and everyone else suffered. Ooops, big mistake. LET'S REPEAT IT BUT THIS TIME WITH ALL OTHER DRUGS. Gee, why so much violence?

Also, let's authorize all US companies to send all of their work overseas and then wonder why violence and poverty are widespread in the US.

Also, violent crime has been rapidly dropping since 2000. The media has been making up for the lack by trumpeting ever louder.

FYI jdreyer: There is no "gun show loophole." It's bullshit made up by the media and politicians. You have to pass a background check to buy a gun at a gunshow, just like you do at a gun shop. We also HAVE background checks, but guess what? Government is incompetent, so they still don't catch people when they should. Or, they DO catch people but let them buy anyway to track them to Mexico so they can come back and shoot government agents with the guns they bought illegally. Because CHANGE!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 13, 2015, 13:18 Agent.X7

walrus1 wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:40:
Fallout Shelter seems much more stable and less buggy on Android then it was on my iPad. Hopefully this shall remain true as the game progresses.

Sweet, because those cocksuckers made it fucking impossible to play on that peice of shit iOS.

/Swearengen Great, I'm going to be saying cocksuckers all day now.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 13:16 Agent.X7

Those cocksuckers better make some more Deadwood or we'll feed their limp pricks to Chow's goddamn pigs! Mother. Fucker.

/Swearengen

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2015, 19:57 Agent.X7

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 17:58:
Good for those comedians, but seriously, who goes to a performance of any kind, and thinks it's a good idea to start randomly shouting stuff out and interrupting?

Even if you don't like the performer, at least have consideration for the rest of the audience who is there to see that person/act.

Sheesh, humanity.

Better than the assholes who throw bottles at musicians, but only by a hair.

Went to a Maiden show in PA once, guy almost hit Bruce Dickinson with a glass beer bottle. Bruce stopped the whole show and told the guy off and security ejected his dumb ass.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2015, 14:03 Agent.X7

Task wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:53:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:14:
Task wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 10:33:
Also - So glad I don't live in that Hell Zone on the West Coast.

*Waits patiently for Bobbob weather remark*

In the meantime, hopefully the massive El Nino that's brewing off the coast will end the CA drought.

They better hope it ends more than that. I'm assuming temporary relief; and more drought in the long run. And more Hell Zone.

Build in a desert and then be mystified when there's no water. Of course, they built New Orleans on a coastal flood plain BELOW SEA LEVEL, so nothing should surprise us. Yes, engineering is wonderful, but you can only do so much.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 11, 2015, 13:57 Agent.X7

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:48:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:06:
I have serious techlust for one of those ultrawide 3440x1440 monitors.

Me too, although I also have a terrible urge to purchase a PG2749Q (1440p g-sync IPS 144hz) when they become available. My only worry is that I'm running a pair of 970s and that 1440p is gonna cause them to struggle, I'm hoping that dropping v-sync covers the performance gap.

Running a Dell 34" Ultrasharp at 3440x1440. Have 970s SLI'd, no issues with any current games.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2678 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo