Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2632 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced
16. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 4, 2015, 18:08 Agent.X7

harlock wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 16:44:
Fantaz wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 16:22:
MS wants to release Win10 this month but I've been working with the latest builds of it every day and it's still a horribly buggy mess right now... there's also serious bugs that MS said to us that they are not planning on fixing until Fall/Nov 2015! there's no way I'm going to switch from WinBlue (8.1) until at least Win10 SP1 comes out, or only when they start seriously fixing the bugs. the DX12 exclusive games will have to wait before i play them.

if you use win8.1 willingly, there is no reason to listen to anything coming out of your mouth

better idea would be to ignore everything you say from now on

THat's pretty ignorant.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2015, 14:16 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 03:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 23:19:

Glad I'm not alone. SO many people LOVE the books, but they are so dull to me. PJ's movies, however, I love.

And no, it's not because I don't like books. Robert Jordan and GRRM are just so much better at pacing, even if they do draw out the length of the story.

Wow. I dont think Jordan (if he were still alive) or Martin would agree. But hey, opinions and all that...

Jordan died trying to finish his 'epic' and Martin will probably follow in his footsteps. So pacing...yeah..hmm...not sure I agree with you there.

Pacing has nothing to do with the length of the story or how long they take to put out each book.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost
13. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 3, 2015, 10:25 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 02:46:
You guys sound like you play coop almost exclusively? Lilly? Kerrigan?? Pfft...

I don't play co-op at all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 15:08 Agent.X7

Krowen wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 14:54:
I love this game so much, I am the undisputed king of Li Li and I will downtown to the hodown with anyone any time, anywhere lets do this chaps.

Yeah, LiLi is pretty easy to go at least 20/0 k/d with. As long as you don;t have a bunch of numbnut team members running away as you try to heal them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 14:51 Agent.X7

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:47:
Another bonus XP weekend? Awwww YISSS!

Frijoles wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 13:04:
There's a chat? Here's the typical chat I see:

Player1> Hello!
[20 minutes pass]
Player1> gg
Player2> gg

Then again, I play co-op against bots.

Haha, yeah, I'd say maybe one in 20-30 games against bots will someone say anything, and it's usually because we've got an empty lane. I still play a few rounds every couple days, despite being in the Alpha. The short round time makes it easy to knock out a daily or two without eating up my whole evening. Still running Kerrigan or Anub'arak almost exclusively, haven't found any other heroes that can wreck shop like them...especially Kerrigan.

Depends on what kind of wrecking you want. Butcher is AWESOME at eating heroes. You just need to buff him up by laning for a bit to get fresh meat.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2015, 23:19 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:50:
I never really cared for the books that much. Tolkien was a great world builder but the writing itself put me to sleep.

Glad I'm not alone. SO many people LOVE the books, but they are so dull to me. PJ's movies, however, I love.

And no, it's not because I don't like books. Robert Jordan and GRRM are just so much better at pacing, even if they do draw out the length of the story.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 20:04 Agent.X7

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 14:06:
Overon, a lot of us got it as a pack-in with our video cards. I'd probably have already pushed a refund through if I hadn't. Waiting it out is my only option, and I'm OK with that. I'm not HAPPY that this happened, but Rocksteady seems pretty serious about getting it back on track and just as fantastic as their first two batman games. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and revisit it in a month or so.

This is very much a First World Problem, and I've realized that I must live a wonderful life if I even have the TIME to get mad about a game not working right.

Yup, 2nd NVidia 970 came with this game. While the other 2 were OK, I'm just not a huge fan of super heroes, and I could care less about Batman. However, the stste of the game on PC is pretty atrocious.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
31. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 15:54 Agent.X7

Yeah, came home last night, fired it up. Laughed. I have 2 970s in SLI, an i7 4930k, 16GBof RAM, and it's playing from an SSD. Yeah, it's locked at 30fps and most of the time it's pegged there. Oh, except when driving, when it can dip down to low 20s. Which is most of the game that I played so far.

Also, the cutscenes at 3440x1440 are hysterically deformed, since they clearly are not meant for anything except 1080p resolution. It looked good with all the NVidia special stuff on, but the cutscenes and the driving, ugh. (Poison Ivy looked like a complete lard ass, I was laughing.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2015, 14:14 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 14:03:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 14:01:
nin wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 09:36:
R.I.P.: James Horner Dead: 'Titanic' Composer Killed in Plane Crash.

Was really hoping that wasn't true last night, but it seems to be confirmed today. Sad to hear. He had a huge history in film, and if you saw movies in the past 30+ years, you probably heard him a number of times.

Ugh. Hit the big four-oh today and was excited when Iron Maiden announced their new album on my birthday. THen the universe had to zero out my account by taking James Horner, my favorite film composer. I had a copy of the Willow soundtrack in my teens that I wore the tape out listening to so often, and at the time it was no longer sold in the US. My girlfriend when I was 21 picked my up a CD copy in London as I had never been able to find a replacement. (THis was back before eBay and Amazon, you youngins...)

Happy Birthday! I turned 40 this year as well.

Thanks!I would feel worse, except I am still waiting to feel like I am a real adult. Married?Check. 40?Check. Kid? Check. Adult? Adult?Adult? Bueller?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2015, 14:01 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 09:36:
R.I.P.: James Horner Dead: 'Titanic' Composer Killed in Plane Crash.

Was really hoping that wasn't true last night, but it seems to be confirmed today. Sad to hear. He had a huge history in film, and if you saw movies in the past 30+ years, you probably heard him a number of times.

Ugh. Hit the big four-oh today and was excited when Iron Maiden announced their new album on my birthday. THen the universe had to zero out my account by taking James Horner, my favorite film composer. I had a copy of the Willow soundtrack in my teens that I wore the tape out listening to so often, and at the time it was no longer sold in the US. My girlfriend when I was 21 picked my up a CD copy in London as I had never been able to find a replacement. (THis was back before eBay and Amazon, you youngins...)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm PTR Next Week
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm PTR Next Week Jun 21, 2015, 14:05 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 06:43:
I just had 6 losses in a row, fuck HOTS and fuck Blizzard. Its too much of a crapshoot, just one guy fucking up is enough to throw the game. AAAAAARGGHHHH MEGANERDRAGE!!!!!!

Depends. I can have a whole team of people doing stupid crap and still win the game for us as Azmodan. He's very good at solo winning. (Which I why I have mostly wins as him.) Other characters? Yeah, it can be hard to fix. We had a group the other night where we were getting owned in team fights because our one warrior, Chen, was off trying to solo the boss on his own, or bring down forts on his own.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > World of Warcraft Name Recycling Coming
2. Re: World of Warcraft Name Recycling Coming Jun 21, 2015, 14:00 Agent.X7

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 10:45:
King Vuvuzela and Bieber Hair are both invalid names, good attempt at being funny though.

And you succeeded excellently at being a wet blanket. Bravo.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2015, 14:44 Agent.X7

Darks wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 14:37:
Blues, I'm disappointed in you, You totally left out the DnD game Sword Coast Legends. You never once posted any news about the game.

Di you send him links? He is a news aggregator, he can't post what he doesn't know about, and he can't possibly find every story on his own.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2015, 14:42 Agent.X7

I think they turned it around primarily by letting more people in. They used to be pretty strict about who could get in, and now all you need is a You Tube channel or a website. They were strangling themselves and other shows were becoming more popular and less expensive.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content
8. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 19, 2015, 17:17 Agent.X7

Don't know about tiers, but I win 95% of the games I play as Azmodan, regardless of my team helping or not. LiLi is an extreme unbalancer if you play her right. Tassadar, Vala, Sylvanas, Tychus, and Raynor are huge siege damage monsters if you play them right. And I still stomp people with Diablo.

I play for fun, and I have no real interest in the uber competitive ranked modes.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2015, 15:13 Agent.X7

sauron wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 13:24:
Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 11:48:
My girlfriends mother is a vet who sometimes gets called out by the county to look at stuff like that when they get trapped animals and etc. I texted her the pic and she said its probably a tumor, apparently there is a lot of fibromatosis in animals in the wild.

Yes, I'm a veterinarian as well, and agree with her - it looks like a benign growth. Much too big to be a tick, and too smooth and rounded to be an abcess. Probably not directly dangerous to health, but is obscuring vision and could get infected. If it were a domestic animal, you'd remove it.

I was going to say that would be the biggest damn tick I ever saw. Like, record breaking.

Great. I was already crawly because the pest guy was out to have the bug-sniffing dog check for bed bugs in some of our units. Now I'm even more crawly. Bleh.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2015, 15:03 Agent.X7

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 12:26:
siapnar wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 11:52:
Although I'm glad the Last Guardian is still in development, judging by the new E3 trailer - that has essentially the exact same assets as the ages-old previous trailer - there isn't much actual game there yet.
But the development is going very well! As it should be considering the game should have shipped a year or two ago.

Yeah, it's looking pretty dated at this point.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2015, 14:36 Agent.X7

Blue wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:02:
sauron wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:57:
Jeepers, 195 and 166 lb for the average US male and female adult respectively - that's really heavy and honestly carries a lot of health risks. America needs to go on a diet!

If that is accurate it means that I weigh less than the average American woman even though I am taller than the average American man.

I'm a little over 6'3" and I weigh 223. Granted, I have a bit of extra material around the waist, but I also work out a lot and I'm twice as wide as most of my friends (shoulder and frame wise). I get grief from my doctor about being obese depsite the fact that BMI doesn't take build size into consideration, just weight and height. If I was 6'3"with a 50 inch waist and a pudding belly Icould see it, but I'm not.

Are people in the US fatter than they used to be? Yes, but we need to take into account other factors and BMI needs some serious updating.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Jun 15, 2015, 21:12 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 19:56:
runnerct32 wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 19:47:
looks awesome!!!!

Yeah, begrudgingly, I'm going to have to play that.

Whee! This looks like a lot of fun. (I'm sure they'll find a way to make it not work online for the first month.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
17. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 11, 2015, 20:25 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:46:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:42:
Graham wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:29:
Dirty Butler wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:24:
Why any gamer wouldn't move to Win 10 and DX12 is beyond me.

I'm going to throw a word at you here. I want you to brace yourself and just try to take it in. It's a big one.

Cost.

Yes, free is so expensive.

Win 10 is free only if you're running Win 7 or above. And most recent graphics cards will run DX-12, although not all features, so you'll need a new graphics card at some point.

Well, if you're running XP still you probably aren't concerned with recent PC games anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2632 Comments. 132 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo