Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2270 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
64. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:39 Agent.X7

Just looked up some reviews. Yeah, I guess you swap maps partway through.

And no, it's not Serkis, my preeeeeeeeecious.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

62. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Oct 1, 2014, 04:07 Agent.X7

Played for about 7 or 8 hours. Having a lot of fun. Some random thoughts:

- The world seems REALLY small. Like, you can cross it in minutes small.

- Once you get some powers, captains under 10 seem to die pretty quickly.

- I've tried intentionally injuring a captain and letting him run off twice. The first guy got eaten by a Carabor halfway across the map. (It cut to his death while I was climbing something.) The second guy got jumped by another captain and also died. I gave up on doing it on purpose. I did have one guy who was missing an eye and had burn scars, but I accidentally killed him before I even knew he was around again.

- The giant not-troll things are awesome.

- I messed up a bow mission and it disappeared an never came back. Uh...?

- Jennifer Hale does an awesome Cate Blanchett voiceover that I almost thought was Cate Blanchett.

- The guy doing Gollum also did a great job. I had to look it up on IMDB just to see if it was really Andy Serkis or not.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2014, 04:13.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

57. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 22:51 Agent.X7

MacLeod wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 22:43:
I don't know if I'm just getting old or what... but while I like the game I feel like it's too much stuff just thrown at you immediately.

1) The tutorial literally was throwing up mechanic after mechanic with barely a lull between them to get the hang of it.

2) I feel like there are a whole mess of icons on my mini-map, but don't have any clue what any of them are.

3) I'm fighting near the starting area of the game, came across some orc slavers. Save some humans. More orcs show up, kill them. A named guy shows up. Trying to fight him, more orcs show up. Still fighting... another named orc shows up. It just feels a bit much for the beginning of the game.

Agreed on all points. It gets easier to understand, but they seriously overwhelm you in the beginning.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week
4. Re: RIFT: Nightmare Tide Open Beta Now; Launch Next Week Sep 30, 2014, 21:13 Agent.X7

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 18:30:
1. This is the wrong video
2. I've been coming here for ..jesus, 2 decades? I have no idea how to reach Blue.
3. Is Rift still doing well? I thought that since the MMOs that came after didn't really do that well, maybe Rift would've folded by now? Good for them if they are still doing well.

Still play now and then. I bought the first expansion and STILL have not gotten past the original content. It's kind of grindy for me. Graphics still holding up, though.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

51. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 21:11 Agent.X7

Had a shit day mostly, but this game is fun as hell. I've only done two story missions, but I've wandered a bit messing with the orcs. Whoever said it was easy though, whew. I have been killed a bunch and gotten a bunch of nobody orc fodder guys promoted to captains. Not to mention the actual captains that keep hunting me down.

I love that they kept the tone of the Peter Jackson movies, and the music and acting fits right in that line as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 13:30 Agent.X7

Jivaro wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 13:29:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:43:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:28:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 09:45:
A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Motherfucker!

Did you order it on PC or PS4? I want to know your impressions of it regardless, I was just curious. I have been leaning towards PS4 (not buying it for a couple of months) just because it seems to be a game built around playing on a controller and also because I don't think there will be much of a modding scene for it.

I grabbed it on ps4, as that seemed to be what all the streams were, as well as the reviews.

If you get around to it..shoot me a pm on PSN letting me know what you think after playing it for a bit. The reviews that are out today are pretty damn positive. I may have to rethink my initial plan to wait on this one. TB gave it the old "I can dig it"...and his reviews tend to parallel my attitudes toward gaming.

Yeah, I was waiting for Nin's thoughts as well, but man...I want it. I need to go buy som e shoes for an interview, but I suspect Mordor may follow me home as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 13:22 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 13:14:
Darks wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 12:11:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:43:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 11:28:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 09:45:
A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Motherfucker!

Did you order it on PC or PS4? I want to know your impressions of it regardless, I was just curious. I have been leaning towards PS4 (not buying it for a couple of months) just because it seems to be a game built around playing on a controller and also because I don't think there will be much of a modding scene for it.

I grabbed it on ps4, as that seemed to be what all the streams were, as well as the reviews.

Surprised nin, I never pegged you for a console junkie. Why did you not get this for the pc when its going to be the better platform?

Honestly, I don't want to buy a new video card and a new power supply (and maybe more ram).

Since I got the ps4, my steam gaming has dropped dramatically...

That, and everything I saw running on the ps4 looked (graphically) awesome...

I play a lot of the new games on PS4 as well. My PC would handle them no problem, but I find I prefer sitting my ass on the couch now. Maybe it's because I am almost 40, but honestly I have been looking at a solution that lets me play my PC from the couch as well. (And not on the TV.) I just want to relax when playing games now. 18 years of hunching over a desk to enjoy my favorites is long enough.

VIVA LA COUCH POTATO!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
21. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 15:42 Agent.X7

Slick wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 15:30:
not sure why i'm even going to bother... but can someone illustrate how BF4 didn't "work" on launch? it was "working" for me and the dozens of friends i was playing it with.

BF games have always been low-tic, you want high-tic play counterstrike or CoD where there's 12 things happening in the map at one time. being shot around corners has always been the trade off with BF games, this is not new. and to their credit they did come up with an (overly engineered) fix with the high freq bubbles in bf4.

so again, other than a couple bugs, how did bf4 "not work" on launch?

You mean other than tons of people who couldn't even connect to the servers? If you don't know how Google works, I ain't gonna waste my time trying to explain.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2014, 13:57 Agent.X7

I'm going to cry when Justified ends this year. On the other hand, Sons of Anarchy feels like it is reaching its natural end. Longmire makes me want to kill someone at A&E. (Hopefully it will be picked up by another network)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 29, 2014, 13:51 Agent.X7

Also, Nathan Drake now looks just like Nolan North. Can we please have Nolan play him in the live action now?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 29, 2014, 13:50 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 10:04:
People in China line up for everything.

Yeah, it's conditioning. They see a line and hop in just in case they need to be there. Xbox One? Shit, I thought maybe this was the toilet paper line. Oh well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
13. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 13:48 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 09:56:
Holy shit!!! They are promising to ship a game thats going to work out of the box??!! You gotta be fucking shitting me, I mean who in their right mind ever ships working products at launch, right????

They're lying. Every BF game since 2 has shipped with some of the exact same bugs, and it takes them months to patch them. Because having done it before they apparently didn't document how they fixed it in the last game?

I love BF, but I am not buying this. And unless 5 ships working great, I'm not buying that either.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
39. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 14:58 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 09:42:
Reviews are as good as I hoped. Kind of surprised, but happy. Looking forward to some head loppin action!

I'll wait for you to tell us how it is. I'm backlogged anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
24. Re: Golden Axe Sep 24, 2014, 01:38 Agent.X7

Ant wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 01:34:
Slick wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 22:11:
loved the original, i think it was possibly the first game that i played on a home console after first playing it in the arcade.

gauntlet first, then golden axe are probably my fav cabinet games of the 80's
They did remake Golden Axe for PS3 or something, but it sucked? I played its arcade and IBM PC DOS ports a lot!

Golden Axe: Beast Rider. OM-effing-G, SO horrible.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
23. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 24, 2014, 01:37 Agent.X7

Got it. Had to. Guantlet II was my all time favorite arcade game. I've been wanting to buy a cabinet for a long time. One day, when I have $2500 to spare, I will get one.

Anyway, loved Gauntlet Dark Legacy as well. So I go this. So far it's pretty cool. It's probably better with other people. Still getting used to it.

Elf shot the food! Now why would you do that?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 23, 2014, 20:18 Agent.X7

I need your clothes, your boots, and your bike.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2014, 13:58 Agent.X7

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 09:58:
It was a very comfortable summer in these parts... the downstairs air conditioner was never put in a window, and I doubt I ran the AC in my normally hot office more than a half-dozen times.

Furious2

I turned my AC on in March...and it hasn't turned off since.

Yeah, I'm with you. April here, but yeah. Of course, Blue lives in my old state, while I know reside is nice, sunny NC.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2014, 23:45 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 15:36:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 15:25:
My only complaint is that the story is so patchy it's pretty much worthless. I beat all of the missions and strikes, read all the online stuff on my Destiny app, and still really have no idea what is going on. Darkness coming for us all, blah blah blah. If all the bad guys work for the darkness, why do they all fight each other?

And how I am supposed to take the robot Captain Mal?

So what do you think of the theory going around that we, the players, are the darkness?

I hadn't seen that. Sounds ridiculous, so it might be true.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2014, 23:39 Agent.X7

This thread is a little light on facts, so let's have some shall we?

If that person is over 65, are they likely to die from the flu? Yup, people 65 and over have something like a 90% mortality rate when infected with the flu.

LOL.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 19, 2014, 15:25 Agent.X7

My only complaint is that the story is so patchy it's pretty much worthless. I beat all of the missions and strikes, read all the online stuff on my Destiny app, and still really have no idea what is going on. Darkness coming for us all, blah blah blah. If all the bad guys work for the darkness, why do they all fight each other?

And how I am supposed to take the robot Captain Mal?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2270 Comments. 114 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo