Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2182 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek
19. Re: Deep Silver Acquires Homefront from Crytek Jul 31, 2014, 03:44 Agent.X7

bhcompy wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 15:36:
Task wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 15:19:
They are going to end up being a mainly engine based company like Unreal, they aren't going anywhere.

The problem is that they have very little in the engine market to begin with. EA is on a Frostbite or die kick. id is purely idtech. Everyone else is on Unreal Tech.

Star Citizen, Evolve, and Archeage come to mind.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM
21. Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and SecuROM Jul 30, 2014, 05:07 Agent.X7

Thenetcase wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:39:
I understand that.
But stealing games from publishers / developers is just as wrong in the sight of the law as walking into K-Mart and stealing something off the shelf, or breaking into a home and robbing the owners.
It's basically the digital form of the same thing.

Except that Robbery and shoplifting are not the same thing.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 01:28 Agent.X7

The hypocritical whining of the patent troll is hysterical.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 00:49 Agent.X7

killer_roach wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 00:31:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:00:
Sigh, George RR Martin. He's going to pull a Robert Jordan on his readers, it's pretty much a given at this point.

So does that mean we get Brandon Sanderson to salvage this series too?

Sanderson did well with RJ because he was aping his style anyway. He would totally shit up Martin.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

8. Re: GRRM Jul 28, 2014, 14:34 Agent.X7

GRRM - says fuck you to fans, then realizes fans are probably right and he needs to buckle down maybe just a little.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 05:08 Agent.X7

1badmf wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 02:07:
so this is an open world middle earth game? iiiinteresting. i thought this was another one of those tired RTSs. and it delves deeper into the lore, something that i've always considered more interesting than LotR itself. screw shogo, if this does well i hope they roll the money into a First Age game =P

Yup, built on the AC engine. Looks cool, but I'm waiting for the reviews.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
7. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 26, 2014, 20:47 Agent.X7

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 20:04:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 17:46:
The combat and traversal in AC never required any skill. I've played all of them and it's always been "hold-two-buttons to automatically run, climb, jump, hop, swing, etc" and "hold block and press counter to automatically kill enemies." In terms of combat, the series has actually improved slightly with each iteration. In the first game, you could literally hold block and press counter to kill every single enemy in the game. In the sequels, they added enemy types that required a slightly different tactics.

Am I crazy, or do I remember being able to climb a little higher and faster in older games, which let you use a jump and grab technique that is no longer possible? Also seemed to be easier to grab ledges when you're falling in the past, which opened up more opportunities for quicker descent. It seems in their effort to make the motion more fluid and foolproof, they've removed player ability/ingenuity from the equation.

The jump and grab was something you unlocked in ACII. It's been in every game since as far as I am aware. It's still pretty easy to grab ledges when you're falling. I have trouble not grabbing ledges when I want to free fall.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Early
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Early Jul 26, 2014, 01:00 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 22:39:
Well, that doesn't happen often.

This looks interesting, but it seems like something that can easily sound great and turn out to be boring to play, so I'll wait for some people to play it and give some opinions on it.

Right there with ya. I love LOTR, and this looks interesting but it could easily be shit.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 21:28 Agent.X7

Hey, Steam has the Entire Dead Island franchise on sale for less than $8 right now. Or, if you already own the first one, Riptide is $4.99.

For $4.99, I figured WTF. Been trying to finish the first one this summer anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 19:29 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 18:34:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 18:05:
PHJF wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 10:19:
Can you guys shut up about Destiny? I don't want to buy a console with only one worthwhile game on it, however crack cocaine-like its euphoric potential may be.

Destiny
The Last of Us
Uncharted 4
Infamous: Second Son

Also, I prefer to play stuff like Watchdogs on my PS4. (And Tomb Raider)

Second Son story DLC next month, too. Lookin forward to that!

Ya, used some of my PSN credit to get that. Forgot The Last of Us comes out next week on PS4. Sweet.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2014, 18:05 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 10:19:
Can you guys shut up about Destiny? I don't want to buy a console with only one worthwhile game on it, however crack cocaine-like its euphoric potential may be.

Destiny
The Last of Us
Uncharted 4
Infamous: Second Son

Also, I prefer to play stuff like Watchdogs on my PS4. (And Tomb Raider)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 18:41 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 17:08:
Jivaro wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 17:01:
That has been my experience as well. Despite the PS4 being on a wireless connection I have had a really smooth gaming experience. Me and some randoms took on a walker today. My first time. We ran out of time....but damn it was close.

Did you go for the legs? You get more points there. And then crit on it's neck/core, when it sticks it out.

Ya. Sniper rifle + leg shots = mega damage.

I live in a crowded apartment/townhouse development, so wireless sucks for gaming. Way too much interference. I ran ethernet cable up a wall, across the ceiling, and down behind the TV and then covered it up with cable channels.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
25. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 15:58 Agent.X7

DrSquick wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:26:
My favorite memory of Sims was when Sims 1 came out. I remember I woke up super early on a Saturday for some reason and eagerly bought it, installed it, and proceeded to play it nonstop for 14 hours. I recall I only ate breakfast that day, didn't take a shower, and my house was a mess.

But there I was - exercising, cleaning my house, reading books, and showing - my virtual self, while my real-life self needed to do all those things.

I exited the game and remember it was dark outside, I smelled, and was woozy from not eating all day. I uninstall and never played again thinking, "well that was dumb."

Good times.

My roommates girlfriend used to play it on their PC while I played CS in my room. She named all the people after out little "family." I was in between maps when I heard them gibbering wildly, so I came out to see what was going on. Apparently one of us knocked something out of the fireplace and set the couch on fire. 2 sims ran circles around the couch waving their arms in the air and gibbering, and one sim was trying to get to the bathroom. She was panicking as much as the sims and couldn't manage to click on any of them, and eventually the whole house burned. I laughed and went back to shooting people. Good times.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2014, 15:53 Agent.X7

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 10:19:
Julio wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 06:39:
Great movie, anything Star Trek pales in comparison.

Your enthusiasm is noted, but you understand that Galaxy Quest could not have succeeded as written if Star Trek wasn't a enduring, well loved franchise.

Not written in the article was that they initially wanted the actual cast of the original Star Trek in Galaxy Quest.

Yeah, I've never read that anywhere.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions
6. Re: Titanfall Update to Add Marketplace, Not Microtransactions Jul 24, 2014, 15:52 Agent.X7

I was going to come in and ask if anybody was even still playing, but I guess I got my answer.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2014, 15:50 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:11:
Jivaro wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:08:
Jumped n the Destiny beta for the first time last night. Really enjoying myself. Might just be the first shooter I buy on console.....

Yeah, the month of August is going seem like forever...

Came across three different Walker events last night and helped take them down. That was awesome...

Yeah, and my mom decides that the week she wants to come visit her granddaughter is the same week Destiny releases. Thanks mom, perfect timing as always. FYI, you will be taking her all day on the 9th, since I will be sleeping after playing all night.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 24, 2014, 15:33 Agent.X7

Holy shit, finally. Guess it wasn't a priority since so few movies seem to be released in BD 3D, but I have a 3D TV and some 3D movies and I've been waiting for them to add support.

It's too bad so many companies went with active shutter glasses, I think that really killed the appetite for home 3D. I have an LG with passive, so I get to use the same glasses they use in the theaters. They're lighter on your face, and you don't have to worry about charging them. Now if they would just put the extended version of Avatar out in 3D...

Oh yeah, I guess it doesn't help that some movies are shit in 3D. Resident Evil, looking at you with your crap 3D and cheesy, coming at the screen 3D effects like you were still in the 70s.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jul 24, 2014, 02:27 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 23:39:
Sam Rockwell makes the film.

Did you guys even WATCH the show?!?!

Yeah, he had a great character.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
19. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 02:24 Agent.X7

TangoBaker wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 20:38:
Note to self: Pick up a copy of the Sims for the Wife on the way home from the bar.

Hahahaha!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

News Comments > Op Ed
64. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 21:54 Agent.X7

NKD wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 18:10:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 15:37:
If you click on Polygon articles I would like you to post your name and address so I can come slap some sense into you.

I'll come along and we can make it like this video.

"Do you post on Blue's News under the user name Cutter?"

"Did you comment on some shitty Polygon Tumblr SJW style article?"

Then proceed with the ass whipping.

Haha, yup. That was the scene I was envisioning when I typed that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

2182 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo