Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jeremy Star

Real Name Jeremy Star   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Agent.X7
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PS4 and PC gamer. Add me to your friends list! Or don't. Also into music (playing and listening), hiking, firearms, movies, and writing/reading.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 28, 2005, 16:58
Total Comments 2654 (Senior)
User ID 23400

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 22:36 Agent.X7

Took the plunge tonight, no problems so far. All my games run great, and Windows takes up a lot less space on my primary SSD.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 3, 2015, 13:20 Agent.X7

Simon Says wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:04:
CORRECTION: "Hitchhiking Robot Lasts Just Two Weeks in US Because US CITIZENS Are Terrible"

It crossed Canada and many European countries including Germany without a scratch. US proving once again how barbaric and savage this country really is.

Yeah, let's pretend there aren't shitty people all over the world. They played the odds and the odds finally caught up with them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 18:46 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 17:28:
Because slogging through the interminable summer heat without AC feeds your primal inner warrior, and the average American male's inner warrior is about as shriveled and ineffectual as a soggy tortilla chip.

You've never been to a shooting range? There's a lot of hyper-inflated inner-warriors there. Everyone talking about how they're better than the shriveled pansy-men who don't shoot, meanwhile they're all 100 lbs overweight and out of shape. (And most of them are horrible shots to boot)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

73. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 20:25 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

61. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 20:15 Agent.X7

descender wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:40:
Sorry Newmaxx, but that "statistic" you cited is just another NRA smokescreen. Violent crime is defined completely differently between the US and UK and has no relevance whatsoever to gun crime statistics.

Violent Crime definition UK:
“Violent crime contains a wide range of offences, from minor assaults such as pushing and shoving that result in no physical harm through to serious incidents of wounding and murder. Around a half of violent incidents identified by both BCS and police statistics involve no injury to the victim.” (THOSB – CEW, page 17, paragraph 1.)

Violent Crime Definition US:
“In the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program, violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Violent crimes are defined in the UCR Program as those offenses which involve force or threat of force.” (FBI – CUS – Violent Crime)

The rate of similar "violent crimes" (not the reported lie statistic) in the Us is 5 times higher than the UK.

Shocking, considering the population of the entire UK would fit in the northeastern states with room to spare.

Look, gun control is all about emotion no matter which way you slice it. More people die in car accidents every year, and yet no one is proposing stronger laws and penalties for drivers and freaking out on TV about it, demonstrating against cars and trying to ban them. It's a hot button political issue that people use to stir emotions and manipulate others.

Do you know what the #1 murder weapon in the US is? Hint, it's not a gun.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

60. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 20:06 Agent.X7

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:26:
You know that Aussies haven't had any mass shootings since 1996 due to massive gun regulations.

I'm sure there are other examples of other countries doing things that actually work to control the issues you listed.

And that's totally not true. Australia has had mass shootings since, and they have a huge problem with armed gangs in the cities. In a country with no legal guns, there sure are a buttload of guns. In fact, just like Mexico, they like to blame the US for that.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 20:00 Agent.X7

This seems early considering the last one came out just last year. Is Blizzard finally going to do annual expansions? Will I care by then?  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 13:49 Agent.X7

TangledThorns wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 11:43:
The outrage over a guy killing a lion versus Planned Parenthood killing and selling baby parts is truly outrageous.

Only so much care to go around. I find it hard to give a shit about too much since people argue non-sensical emotions rather than with logic.

We "feel" banning guns will help society, yet lack any solid evidence to back that up. (Yes, I am well aware of all the studies. Studies funded by special interest groups that for sure have no bias.)

We feel babies shouldn't/should be murdered, but our moral and religious biases keep us from looking at it logically.

We feel racial bias is something only bad people have, even though everyone is biased to some degree or another.

Sure, not everything can be cold logic, but we are way too far on the side of emotions right now. Some balance would be nice.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans
8. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans Jul 23, 2015, 23:30 Agent.X7

I have kept my XBone largely to play this game when it releases. Once I beta it, I will probably sell the XBone and wait for the PS4 version to play it again.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Leoric Released
8. Re: Heroes of the Storm Leoric Released Jul 22, 2015, 14:35 Agent.X7

I've spent way more than I care to total up, plus I've unlocked a bunch of guys with gold as well. This is my go-to after-work enetertainment right now. 20 minutes give or take per match is a whole lot of fun (or frustration) for the time commitment.

Some people gave money to Chris and are still waiting for their space ships, Igave money to Blizz and am playing daily. TO each his own.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 20, 2015, 14:03 Agent.X7

Ihave iPod because its easy to find compatible hardware for cars, etc. Iown 2 64GB touches, and I need another. My "metal" iPod currently has just over 6000 songs on it. No, I'm probably not the typical user. Ihave 320 bit songs ripped from CDs and I don't use anything but the MP3 player. No games, etc. I despise Apple, but for music iPod is king right now.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2015, 19:58 Agent.X7

Whoops, he went full retard.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2015, 21:03 Agent.X7

The company has a one-stream, standard-definition package priced at $7.99 a month, but “we also want to motivate people to move up to the two-stream and the high-def and the ultra-high-def”, Hastings said, though he didn’t elaborate on what the incentives to switch plans would be

The incentive is high def streams, you daft ponce. It's one more dollar a month. I have it because the standard def streams look like shit on my TV.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2015, 13:35 Agent.X7

I did wind up buying a blood pressure monitor, but yeah, the deals mostly sucked.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Some Heroes of the Storm Bans Reversed
10. Re: Some Heroes of the Storm Bans Reversed Jul 12, 2015, 11:04 Agent.X7

Krowen wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 10:10:
Of course they're going to say that, did you expect them to say "we banned a large amount of players oops"? Use some common sense. You have no clue what the figures are so stop pretending. It could be 1 person or it could be 100,000, I have no idea so I'm not going to make stupid assumptions about it like others here. It's not like companies don't have a history of fault positives with anticheat, people are just acting retarded because even the accusation of cheating carries stigma in the gaming world.

Are you so invested in this because you cheat?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Some Heroes of the Storm Bans Reversed Jul 12, 2015, 00:24 Agent.X7

Krowen wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 15:33:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 15:01:
Krowen wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 12:23:
This is why you don't be a dick that assumes everyone who is banned is a cheater. All of the people in the discussion yesterday doing that now look like fools.

Yeah, no. The MAJORITY were still dirty, shitty cheaters.

You had no idea then and no idea now how many were, that's the point.

we’ve determined that a small number of players had their licenses deactivated in error.

Reading comprehension.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

4. Re: Some Heroes of the Storm Bans Reversed Jul 11, 2015, 15:01 Agent.X7

Krowen wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 12:23:
This is why you don't be a dick that assumes everyone who is banned is a cheater. All of the people in the discussion yesterday doing that now look like fools.

Yeah, no. The MAJORITY were still dirty, shitty cheaters.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2015, 12:36 Agent.X7

Heroes of the Storm peoples: I have 3 codes to trade. I have Zagara, Sonya, and LiLi codes that will permanently unlock those heroes for you. Also still have an extra code for The Witcher 3 and one for The Elder SCrolls Online. Trade me!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans?
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm - False Positive Bans? Jul 10, 2015, 14:11 Agent.X7

Sounds like the usual CYA from cheaters. When I was admin on a CS server eons ago we had the same crap. You could watch someone watching someone through a wall with their reticle always centered on that person's head and they would claim they were not cheating. Or you could view them and see that they never once even aimed at the people they are constantly head-shotting and still they were adamant that they were not cheating.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

News Comments > Overwatch Trailers
2. Re: Overwatch Trailers Jul 8, 2015, 11:21 Agent.X7

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 09:45:
Anyone here in the closed beta?

Not I. Tired of hearing about this game. Let us play or STFU about it.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

2654 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo