Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kedyn

Real Name Kedyn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kedyn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 518445
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2005, 12:55
Total Comments 586 (Apprentice)
User ID 23330

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellgate Adware, Hell of a EULA
68. Re: Actually... Oct 19, 2007, 09:01 Kedyn

The fact that EA put it in the EULA is devious. No one reads those fucking things. No one can understand them most of the time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hellgate: London Demo
20. Re: More mirrors Oct 18, 2007, 18:07 Kedyn

Wow, uh...

I'm downloading the demo, and before it finishes downloading I get an email saying I'm now in the beta test... Odd.

News Comments > EA to Acquire BioWare/Pandemic
35. Re: Uh uh Oct 11, 2007, 19:09 Kedyn

Bioware?! BIOWARE?!?!

NOOOOO!!!

WTF is this shit?!

God, I hope I wake up from this nightmare having crapped the bed. I don't think I can live with Bioware being owned by EA.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 19:09.

News Comments > etc.
1. No subject Oct 11, 2007, 11:35 Kedyn

10 Games that should be banned instead of Manhunt 2... More like 10 ways to not be funny or insightful AT ALL.

News Comments > Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising Falls
4. Re: I was a tester. Oct 10, 2007, 16:22 Kedyn

This doesn't bode well for Star Trek Online either, IMO. If they can't finish one game, they might be incapable of finishing the other.

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea in January
2. Re: POTS Oct 6, 2007, 01:39 Kedyn

It's just like real travel by sea, where it's not all just pirates and rum and glory and Keira Knightley's tits?

News Comments > The Orange Box Midnight Madness
12. Re: Is it me... Oct 6, 2007, 01:24 Kedyn

Or is Valve/EA trying to ride on Halo 3's PR coat tails with a 'Midnight Madness' ?

Other games have done that.. Even PC games. I was at the midnight release of Burning Crusade almost 10 months ago. Midnight releases aren't "Bungie exclusive".

So basically, 99% of the brick and Mortar outlets have been treating PC games like an annoying but necessary evil by burying them in a corner in a tiny little rack yet they go apoplectic should the digital distro release a few days early? Doesn't make sense to even court them.

Steam users will be able to play at midnight (PST) on the 9th, and stores will have it when they open their doors on that day. I don't see a problem with it, really.

I'm not buying this until it's on Ebay for $20 or less. But hey, if you're that easy to advertise to, then can I advertise my business here so you'll send me money? I'll just ask blue to make a news statement when I think of a new thing to sell, then when I announce it, then while I'm working on it there will be about 5-8 news blurbs, and finally when I'm getting ready to go public there will be a few beta news reports and several gold reports. In all, I won't really have to MAKE ANYTHING AT ALL, blue will make the hype for me and I'll just steal your money and run to Mexico.

Blah blah blah, shut the fuck up. No one cares what you think anymore, Mr. Richy McThrifty Rich.

Still miffed that they canceled the Black Box, and I'm still not buying this until I get a package that doesn't make me purchase HL2 and Ep1 again.

Boo-hoo. Have fun waiting.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Da Vinciís Secret
2. Re: Da Vinciís Secret Oct 4, 2007, 07:44 Kedyn

People are still cashing in on this shit?

News Comments > Video Game Writing Honor
2. Re: Honoring Oct 4, 2007, 05:21 Kedyn

Unfortunately, I don't think that'll happen this time around...

The award will go to the writer(s) of the best qualifying script from a videogame published in the previous year. To be eligible for entry, games must have been released between 12/1/2006 and 11/30/2007.

...Meaning, watch some game with a shitball story but lots of popularity win, like Halo 3.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Universal Combat Collectors' Edition
2. Re: So what Oct 3, 2007, 20:29 Kedyn

It's just Derek Smart's cheap attempt to rake in more money for his shoddy games. He's probably broke by now. Anyone who thinks they're actually getting 8 games is just as fucking dumb as Mr. "Smart". At least they didn't try to use the usual buzz words like "best-selling" "critically acclaimed" or "game of the year", because then I'd be calling a lawyer.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Preloads
1. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 20:17 Kedyn

I can't fucking wait.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Movies Coming
16. Re: TF2 beta updated Sep 29, 2007, 19:56 Kedyn

The Demoman is Scottish?! I thought he was black!

News Comments > Boxed Orange Box Pre-Purchase & TF2 Beta Access
69. Re: ... Sep 26, 2007, 06:11 Kedyn

heh, shows you how out of touch I am....saw them once in a small place before going big, then saw them on their first tour, then here and there for summer fest type stuff....didn't think they were still around.

I only talk because I saw them live... Like... I don't know... Maybe 6-7 years ago, after the release of the third CD, whichever one that was. They just seemed tired and lazy and bored, but then again, I don't see why they would give two shits about a po-dunk little city like Wichita, KS. They probably would now that they aren't sucking MTV dick anymore.

Then again, it could have been the sensory overload from Rob Zombie, who was on the stage before Korn. Good god, what an awesome show. I wish I had stayed in the front for it, because when the big fire breathing robot thing lit up, you could feel the heat rush out from the stage. It was nuts. When he got on stage and started, the first thing I thought was "oh man I gotta get the fuck out of here RIGHT NOW", because that place went insane.

News Comments > Valve & Episodes to be Revisited
5. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 19:47 Kedyn

Common sense really... Valve fucked up episodic content, so this was inevitable. I'm hoping Ep2 will be decent so I'll have something to look forward to, as Ep1 was mediocre at best. The Sam & Max games demonstrate how it should be done - I will certainly be awaiting Season 2!

Ep1 wasn't that bad, though it did mostly feel like a rehash of the same shit that you did all throughout the first game.. Which, to me, wasn't a bad thing... It just wasn't long enough.

I don't really care for the episodic thing. I'd rather wait for a big unknown like a whole new title than wait for another "episode" which will basically be more of the same thing. But hey, whatever works for Valve. I'll probably buy it because I'm a "tool", and by "tool", I mean that I enjoy what they make.

News Comments > Valve & Episodes to be Revisited
2. No subject Sep 25, 2007, 19:42 Kedyn

Haven't read the article yet, but this isn't new info. Gabe has stated multiple times starting from before Episode 1 was released that they would reexamine whether episodic works for them or not.

You'd think that using the term "episodic", they'd come out faster. Maybe at heart they'd rather be doing whole new games. Oh well, whatever keeps them making great stuff is fine by me. I can't wait for Episode 2.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 19:43.

News Comments > Boxed Orange Box Pre-Purchase & TF2 Beta Access
59. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 12:14 Kedyn

FYI, I won't playing tonight. Off to a Korn concert!

Then prepare to be underwhelmed.

News Comments > Crysis Beta Follow-up
50. Re: Well here is what I have gotten... Sep 24, 2007, 12:58 Kedyn

I just wanted to thank certain individuals for showing who they really are on this board by instantly berating someone for voicing their opinion. Without you people who resort to name calling right out of the box, I wouldn't have found such a comprehensive list of names to add to my ignore list.

Some of you in the past have had valid points, and that I will truly miss seeing due to my not seeing your posts any longer. However, I really don't want to know your opinion of anything anymore seeing as though you can't even listen to someone that is disagreeing with you and try to see things from their point of view for once, instead of your mother's basement.

Cheers!

Ignored! Yuk yuk yuk! That's how annoying that shit is.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 12:58.

43. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2007, 23:41 Kedyn

This would be valid if these beta versions were representative of the final product. I'm pretty damn sure that somewhere in that NDA that nobody bothers to read (otherwise many of you would be banned from it for comments here) it states that these versions are not representative of the final game. You're actually doing yourself a disservice by basing your opinions off of these unfinished versions.

Yeah, it might say that in the NDA, but honestly, most are. World in Conflict was. So was Battlefield 2142. All betas I've been in have been that way. Most of these games don't change much at all. I'm sure most people who have played betas can attest to that. It may say it in the NDA, but that's mostly for legal BS, since it's not a *demo*, it's a *beta*.

That's a horrible analogy, and you know it by including that "not accounting for realism" cop-out.

You either don't understand the analogy, or you're just trying your best not to see my point of view, in which place I should stop bothering with posting because, in your mind, you're already "right". Sure, you have to pay for fileplanet, boo-fucking-hoo, but I consider it well worth the price in the hours of enjoyment I've had playing the various betas they've hosted.

Realism doesn't matter in the analogy : if you're consuming the same thing all the time, it gets boring. Fileplanet is nice for trying new things because every week or two they get a new beta or exclusive to try.

Let's get this straight. You are not paying to try out new games. I can do that for free, while maximizing my bandwidth (which you all seem obsessed with for some reason), and without waiting in line. You are paying for convenience because you are too lazy to use Google to find mirrors or BitTorrent trackers, and too impatient to wait for official demos to come out.

I'm paying for a good service, that always works, and is always fast, rather than fucking around with other sites of variable quality, variable download speeds, and questionable security.

The Half Elf, I don't think you are making your consumption adequately conspicuous. That said, I sure feel like a fool for not getting to pay to try out such classics as The Matrix Online, RF Online, Tribes: Vengeance, Vanguard, and Star Wars BattleFront II.

It's easy to say that in hindsight, but consider how many hours of enjoyment The Half Elf got out of that massive list of games, even though some were just shy of utter dogshit.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 23:44.

38. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2007, 21:20 Kedyn

If nobody cares about it, then why does it keep getting cited as one of the reasons to pay to beta test/preview/whatever term you're using to reduce your cognitive dissonance?

Getting to play a game in beta or prerelease form is one thing; Getting to play a game in beta or prerelease form to rub it in other people's face, like what was mentioned, (like in a pissing contest) is different. I play for fun. If I played a game before it game out, and I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't say "haha, I played it before you, so that makes me Mr. Super Cool!"; I would say "yeah, I played it.. it sucks".

I do realize that I could buy three games and never play any others again, but that would be akin to eating chicken (not accounting for realism) for every meal : sure, it tastes good and it fills you up, but after a month or more, it's hardly stimulating. And no matter how you prepare it, it's still chicken. I'd rather spend a little more money on other games and my Fileplanet membership so that I can sample the flavors of other "foods", so to speak. It may be a "waste" to some, but if they enjoy "eating chicken" for every meal, good for them. I have no problem spending a little more to sample many other "dishes"; some suck, but it's always interesting to try something different.

So no, I feel no "cognitive dissonance" toward my Fileplanet membership. For the fast downloads and the exclusive betas, it's well worth the cheap price so I don't have to struggle with other bullshit file sites, and with the betas, I always have something different to play.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 21:24.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
4. Re: what a load.... Sep 23, 2007, 20:51 Kedyn

They kept it a 360 release, so they could sucker peeps into buying that version. Altho, they`d have to completely redesign that pos console game FOR PC, for me to even look at it.

Since when was the push for great visuals, an open excuse for game devs to de evolve gaming? Aaaah well.

I dunno man. Mass Effect sounds great to me. I love sci-fi, and I love a good story.

586 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo