Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kedyn

Real Name Kedyn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kedyn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 518445
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2005, 12:55
Total Comments 579 (Apprentice)
User ID 23330

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Nov 7, 2008, 22:35 Kedyn

I knew something was wrong when a lot of old, great games were at the bottom, with a bunch of crappy console shit at the top.

Speaking of Super Mario Bros. the Movie... I saw that in theaters. Twice. And I even bought the official magazine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Realms Beta
1. Re: Free Realms Beta Nov 7, 2008, 21:36 Kedyn

We should all get together and turn this family oriented game into a cell pool of sex and deviance. Anyone else in?  

News Comments > All Aspect Warfare Announced
4. Re: All Aspect Warfare Announced Nov 7, 2008, 00:03 Kedyn

Intriguing. Graphics aren't too bad either. Only thing I have a problem with is that the dude's arms are kinda hanging out to his sides, kinda like Ralphie's little brother Randy in A Christmas Story after his mother finished bundling him up. But hey, maybe the suit does that?

Is it going to be multiplayer, Mr. Smart?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2008, 04:54 Kedyn

I played the demo to Mirror's Edge on my brother's PS3 a few hours ago and loved it. I thought the controls were very slick and intuitive. I honestly can't wait to get the game and play it with my PC's gamepad.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Oct 31, 2008, 18:43 Kedyn

Sorry, another Star Wars MMO will never be better than another KotOR.

Agreed. I want a deep story with real choices, not some shitty grindfest where my only "choice" is my "spec".

MMOs will be the death of gaming.

News Comments > The Million Witcher March
31. Re: The Million Witcher March Oct 30, 2008, 22:41 Kedyn

I have a feeling I really missed out by skipping over this game..

feel free to flog me accordingly.

Let me just say that it's nice to play a game that is rated M for more than just violence, blood, and filthy language.

News Comments > Gaming Reality TV
9. Re: Gaming Reality TV Oct 30, 2008, 20:51 Kedyn

There's already a show like this on the G4 or whatever network, and honestly, it's about as fun as watching paint dry.

But hey, I'm ready to compete.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 30, 2008, 00:59 Kedyn

Mac users are more fortunate...

How are Mac users more fortunate about anything? They don't get any games for their shit machines! I suppose they're fortunate because they can act all hip and pretentious and look down upon the lowly Windows users, while the Windows users are too busy not giving a FUCK because they're too busy *gasp* PLAYING GAMES?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2008, 00:54 Kedyn

Supreme Surrender... God. So funny.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V in 2010?
18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V in 2010? Oct 30, 2008, 00:53 Kedyn

The conversations are so bad though coming off of Mass Effect.

Bad? I've heard lots of people talk about how bad Mass Effect is for conversations and dialogue. How bad is Fallout? Pretty much only one choice?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V in 2010?
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls V in 2010? Oct 29, 2008, 17:40 Kedyn

Don't worry, soon this will all be about the insidious new DRM that they're developing, which will use its advanced super-secret spyware to somehow find out through your keyboard what blood type you are and sell that information to the Red Cross.

It also won't let you play the game unless you pay more money.

FEAR THE BOOGIEMAN!!!

News Comments > Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up
17. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 17:37 Kedyn

Hey, if you want to reward their behavior of treating you like a thief, go right ahead - I'll take the version with no install problems.

Iíll continue to support plenty of other devs with my cash. Ones that treat my fairly, and not dictate what software I'm allowed to have on my computer.

I don't feel like a thief if I actually BUY the game. Not my fault some of you retards can't troubleshoot yourselves out of a wet paper bag.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Interview
9. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Interview Oct 29, 2008, 17:11 Kedyn

...the instant reaction in these forums was "wow those graphics suck"...

It's called "stylized", which is like World of Warcraft's graphics, only they look like shit.

But... but... LOOK HOW CINEMATIC THAT DIALOG IS!!1!

It really bothers me how many reviewers/previewers think Mass Effect's dialog system is somehow better than the traditional system where you can actually read your responses and have to think about them.

I don't want a spectacular next-gen experience. I want good ole gameplay, depth and a classical RPG. If i want "next-gen", i'll buy Fable and other button smashers ...

*sigh* This thread is making me want to play Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, or Planescape : Torment. As much as I did enjoy Mass Effect, the dialogue options left much to be desired.

8. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 17:05 Kedyn

Let's see, which is easier? Troubleshooting their bullshit, or starting a torrent?

Troubleshooting their bullshit. Sounds easy to me. But then again, I've used a computer for more than five minutes.

I have CD burning software and Daemon Tools. I had problems installing, but the problems went away the moment I shut down Daemon Tools. I don't know if this is a end-all-be-all solution but it seems to me if anyone has problems with installation and has CD emulation they may want to temporarily turn it off.

Some games just don't want to run with Daemon Tools even installed on your machine due to copy protection. I've run into that problem before, and fixed it easily by just uninstalling Daemon Tools.

Oh sonuvabitch. Think I'll try out Amazon's returns policy. And good thing I pirated this for the 360 when it leaked, heh.

UR A WINNUR!! HUR HUR!

News Comments > Rome: Total War Free with Empire: Total War Pre-Purchase
22. Re: Rome: Total War Free with Empire: To Oct 29, 2008, 17:00 Kedyn

Rome : Total War is over four fucking years old now. Why shouldn't they give it away? Not like people are clamoring to go out any buy it still.

I'd preorder Empire : Total War if they offered Medieval II : Total War rather than Rome. I have Rome and the expansion and played the everloving shit out of them, but skipped completely on Medieval II.

2. Re: Fallout 3 (and Far Cry 2) DRM Follow-up Oct 29, 2008, 16:43 Kedyn

Oh boy, here comes more crying about DRM.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Launch Trailer
17. Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Launch Trailer Oct 27, 2008, 21:23 Kedyn

The negative reviews of Spore on Amazon no doubt alone cost hundreds to thousands of sales, whereas there are plenty of people here that were happy buying EA games until the DRM situation. You really need to work on your trolling.

I don't give a damn about Spore, or any other foofy fruity Sim game that comes out, and anyone with half a brain can realize that the "reviews" on Amazon are from people who not only did not purchase the game, but probably had no intention to anyway. They'd rather just rant about how OMG SPORE HAS TEH DRMS!! while also unwittingly going out and buying every other game with DRM.

In short, anyone who actually WANTED Spore probably BOUGHT Spore, regardless to what a bunch of crybabies on Amazon said.

DRM or not, myself and anyone else who still enjoys playing games will purchase a game if they want it, DRM or not. DRM is here. But DRM may not be here tomorrow. Give developers and/or publishers some time and they may wise up and realize that what they're doing has no effect on piracy. If we stop buying games because "OMGZ TEH DRMZ", then maybe a game like Deus Ex 3 or, say, the next Wing Commander game (I can dream) will be consolized, and only for consoles.

Do DRM whiners even play games anymore? Or is being self-righteous all day more fun now? I have a 320 gig hard drive. Maybe that's why I don't think it's such a big deal.

News Comments > DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was "Kinda Slow"
76. Re: DX3 Dev: Deus Ex was Oct 27, 2008, 19:58 Kedyn

Cheer up! Maybe it will be as good as that other console to PC masterpiece Oblivion.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this :

I am no longer afraid of consolization.

After playing Dead Space on my PC with a controller, and seeing how much you can actually do with a controller these days, I realized just how needlessly complex some PC games in the past were. Do we REALLY need all of the buttons on a keyboard? I don't think we do. A mouse is more precise than a controller, but these days, most games are being made for consoles and controllers. I certainly don't think we need to adopt them as our sole method of control, but learning not to fear them might not be a bad thing. To me, the worst thing about finishing Dead Space is knowing that I probably won't have a reason to dig out my shiny new controller for a year or so, because it just seem much more intuitive than a keyboard and mouse could be, at least for this game (or, in my case, mouse and N52).

Anyway, if Deus Ex 3 plays "consolized" similar to Dead Space, I will be more than happy. And I'll even bust out my controller for it.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Launch Trailer
10. Re: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Launch Trailer Oct 27, 2008, 19:46 Kedyn

Instead they're increasing the number of people that won't buy their games.

What, like, five people?

News Comments > Dead Space PC Controls Nerfed?
82. Re: Dead Space PC Controls Oct 25, 2008, 11:21 Kedyn

The problems with the mouse controls in Dead Space is caused by having Vsync ON. Turn it OFF, and most of your mouse lag goes away.

That said, I played the game with a game pad, and prefer it that way. It just fits. It's much faster than a keyboard if you take time to learn. Not as fast as a mouse, yes, but it doesn't change the fact that this is the best game this year.

579 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo