Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kedyn

Real Name Kedyn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kedyn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 518445
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2005, 12:55
Total Comments 591 (Apprentice)
User ID 23330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2013, 06:06 Kedyn

I wish this had been posted around Halloween. Good read.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Telltale's Game of Thrones Game?
21. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 22, 2013, 18:28 Kedyn

saluk wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 01:55:
Yeah. Their best bet I think is something like The Walking Dead was. An original story set in that environment. Trying to match existing characters too much has been difficult for them in the past, and with such a well known and hot IP it would be dangerous to get that wrong. I'd still prefer a nice big rpg in the world by bethesda or bioware (circa 2004) to an adventure game... But if they can do a good game in this world have at it!

Maybe it'll be like the 2 graphic novels that GRRM has done - they take place something like 100 years before events in the books.

News Comments > Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 Details Tomorrow
5. Re: Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 Details Tomorrow Oct 29, 2013, 03:01 Kedyn

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 22:01:
Well, given the praise everyone lauded on the first, I just snagged it - main game and 400 days dlc is on Amazon for $7.50 atm - and will see how it goes. The Wolf Among Us impressed the hell out of me so far, so I hope this is as good.

Buckle up. That's all I'm going to say.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced
11. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced Sep 26, 2013, 05:44 Kedyn

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 21:44:
A total lack of gameplay footage and only a couple months away? That's a big red flag right there.

I wouldn't go that far - this game has been in the works for quite a while, and I doubt Trey and Matt would put out a shitty game.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
49. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 20, 2013, 00:01 Kedyn

Ryan Lange wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 19:16:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:53:
...this could easily be construed as discriminatory.

I don't think that very many people are going to get too agitated over discrimination against assholes.

I don't think there's any better way to say it. There are more constructive ways to bring up issues with a game other than being a cancer to its community.

20. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 16:28 Kedyn

jamiedj99 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:30:
its like goting to the bar calling your boss a dick and going to work the next day to find out you been fired for it. this can be abused i could see soe banning people who speak out about how shitty a game is and get banned

I doubt it. If they banned everyone that has ever said a negative thing about their games, they wouldn't have any customers left. Everyone has an opinion, even about the game they love, and I've done my share of trolling for Planetside 2 in the past that I'm not particularly proud of.

15. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 15:38 Kedyn

This isn't exactly new for SOE. Twitter is the example, but the best real example for SOE doing something to a player misbehaving is BuzzcutPsycho, who was banned for a week from Planetside 2 because of his activity on another organization's Teamspeak which was recorded on his own stream.  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
60. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 01:17 Kedyn

I'll just get it off a torrent when it does come out.  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
6. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 10:28 Kedyn

Blue wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:24:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:21:
WTF is up with the tweet spooge? This image was impossible to convey in encapsulating text or just a straight up link?

It seemed like using the Twitter embed was the easiest way to provide the context for this. I take it this has turned out to be a giant problem?

I like it. It certainly draws my eyes to an article that is relevant to my interests.

My only question is why isn't there 100 comments already about how excited people are for another Homeworld game?

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2013, 01:02 Kedyn

Beamer wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 00:01:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 21:09:
It's an internet "problem" not a gamer one.
And I say "problem" because the solution is to simply ignore it.

I'd say it's a bit of both. Having a job where your work is immediately open to anonymous discussion, and where knowing what that discussion is is important, can suck.

The new job I took has a messageboard attached. Every day I'll go see what the feedback is. You have to. And every day at least someone is saying something dismissive and jerkish. And often ignorant. You can work your ass off on something and the comments from people that don't understand how things happen can be grating. People assuming something was done for money, or laziness, or was much easier than it actually was. People assuming that, when something isn't quite right, it's the result of idiocy rather than something falling apart with no time to fix it.

It's deflating, but not terrible for me because my job is only moderately creative. When you're actually, fully on the creative side, it can really burn.

Bravo. I hate the back-handed sarcasm the most, it's like, really? Why don't you just write things out like an adult rather than a teenage girl?

That said, I don't work in the games industry, but I do work in social media and care about the company I work for, so my job is a drag when I have to go to work every day just to see my company and everyone that works for it are ignorant, bloodsucking, incompetent, soulless assholes and the product that we sell isn't worth the money. The amount of complaints that we get vs. the amount of business that we actually do is *tiny*, but people act like the whole world has been turned on its goddamn head when one little thing just doesn't go right.

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
61. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 29, 2013, 04:24 Kedyn

Twitter is serious business. God forbid you say something that can get picked apart easily by the masses.

One dev that handles himself well on Twitter is Matt Higby of SOE. Fish should take a cue from Higby and be more classy.

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Updated - Microtransactions Confirmed
14. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Updated - Microtransactions Confirmed Jul 9, 2013, 14:57 Kedyn

Has Blizzard made leveling artifacts account-bound yet? Or am I stuck with them on the same server still?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 16:50 Kedyn

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 15:59:
Only 'Martial Arts' FPS worth a shit in the history of PC gaming was Oni --nothing else came close.

Which leads me to my next question. Who owns the rights and wants to partner up with me to kickstart an Oni Redux?

You'd think that Bungie would have done made more of such a cool game and IP. Stupid Halo....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days Jul 3, 2013, 20:39 Kedyn

deqer wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 19:17:
The Walking Dead what? Season what?

Ugh, too complicated. Pass.

Yeah, I didn't buy this either because numbers are hard. The only ones that matter are 1, 2, and 3 - anything higher is overthinking it, and after 3 you should just make a new franchise. Adding qualifiers like "season" and "episode" just confuses things. WTB Black Ops 3.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit MindGames Next Week
3. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit MindGames Next Week Jun 24, 2013, 22:48 Kedyn

I'm excited to watch someone else play though this - probably Tornis. I'll probably pick it up too.  

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
21. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 16:26 Kedyn

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 13:13:
I always wonder if stuff like this is an insurance scam. The cameras at the hotel must have caught this, right? And why are they making a game about Luftbalons?

Cameras or not, the hotel is not responsible for lost or stolen items - they're the responsibility of the owner. Chances are he signed something stating such when he checked into the hotel, if he was staying in the hotel. Either way, state law protect innkeepers from paying more than $100-200 in compensation for lost or stolen items.

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 10:46:
Yeah, seriously. WHY THE FUCK is your bag with everything in it at a fucking POOL BAR, as opposed to in the safe in your room???

If you act like a moron, odds are the world's going to treat you like one.

Creston

Creston, you're the first person to ever use the "s" word that I have seen in one of these cases. And I have seen A LOT of these cases.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2013, 17:29 Kedyn

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 3, 2013, 13:02:
So many delicious tears on Twitter overnight, here's an account retweeting them all.

It actually wasn't nearly so bad as I had imagined, but that's probably partially due to me already having gotten over that trauma a couple years ago when I read it. It's just amazing to see how many people who are such big fans had NO IDEA it was coming.

Oh god, such a good read. Wow. Love it.

As someone that has read all of the books, all I have to say is this: it doesn't stop.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
26. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 29, 2013, 00:39 Kedyn

This isn't the first time Blizzard has axed a game before release. Usually they do it a lot later when it's a lot more clear that the game will only be mediocre. Anyone remember Starcraft: Ghost? Or Warcraft Adventures? At least they dropped the axe before anyone could be truly disappointed.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches May 23, 2013, 02:02 Kedyn

Woo!  

News Comments > Bethesda Gets Testy
5. Re: Bethesda Gets Testy May 3, 2013, 03:07 Kedyn

I live in DFW and applied. I'm a little curious to see what kind of stuff they're putting out to test.  

591 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo