Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kedyn

Real Name Kedyn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kedyn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 518445
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 16, 2005, 12:55
Total Comments 584 (Apprentice)
User ID 23330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gods Will Be Watching Thursday; New Trailer
1. Re: Gods Will Be Watching Thursday; New Trailer Jul 23, 2014, 07:04 Kedyn

After playing the original Ludum Dare version, I'm excited to see what they can do with a full game. And spellcheck.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gods Will Be Watching This Month
2. Re: Gods Will Be Watching This Month Jul 4, 2014, 06:05 Kedyn

Make sure to play the original Ludum Dare version at http://www.deconstructeam.com/gods-will-be-watching/  

News Comments > Crytek Announces Arena of Fate
22. Re: Crytek Announces Arena of Fate May 22, 2014, 14:54 Kedyn

How many MOBAs can be sustained by those unhappy with LoL or DOTA2? Crytek might be too late to the party on this one.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
44. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 15:40 Kedyn

In an age where I'd rather watch someone play a single player game on Twitch.tv than waste my time playing it, watching someone play this game has actually made me want to buy it. I probably won't though, at least not until it drops to $20-30 on a Steam sale, but the desire is there.

G2A has it for $38 if you want to put up with their bullshit. https://www.g2a.com/wolfenstein-the-new-order-steam-preorder.html

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 27, 2014, 09:01 Kedyn

Not super interested, but looks pretty slick. I'm at least going to vote for it on Greenlight.  

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
42. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 16:27 Kedyn

Why all the complaints about the writing? All of the game's predecessors weren't exactly Hemingway either.

That said, I bought D3 since it was $20. I encountered none of the problems I had heard about, so I purchased the expansion. I'm not far into it (highest is a 44 WH I think), but I'm enjoying it.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
45. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 19:42 Kedyn

This reminds me of when Microsoft bought Bungie and made Halo XBOX-exclusive. Massive excitement, then shock. And later, disappointment.  

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
7. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 10:01 Kedyn

Dear Peter,

Go fuck yourself.

Sincerely,

Everyone

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2014, 07:52 Kedyn

Prez wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 23:26:
Anyone else wondering why a picture of a (rather impressive) schlong would be on a hard drive in a newsroom control room?

It was on Twitter - they must have looked at the first account that they could find the picture on, expected more, but found something a little different instead.

News Comments > Armored Warfare Announced
12. Re: Armored Warfare Announced Mar 20, 2014, 23:47 Kedyn

Of the three free to play games I have played, I would only say one of them you *really* need to open your wallet to compete - and that's Planetside 2. However, you can still *theoretically* earn everything by playing for free. World of Tanks isn't as bad - you just make less money and XP, and you can't get premium tanks which are only comparable to other tanks of the same tier, not superior. Mechwarrior Online isn't as bad about pay to win, since you never really *lose* money unless you're selling things.

The main thing you get for paying money for ALL of these games is that you save time - less grinding, more money/XP/certs earned. Even though the money I have invested in these games is *significantly* more than a $60 game, the amount of time per dollar spent is significantly better.

Of the three, the only game I felt like I didn't really get my money's worth was Mechwarrior Online, and that's only because the game's mechanics are very shallow, the community is very small, and the game simply doesn't have a bright future.

News Comments > SOE Premium Membership Changes
9. Re: SOE Premium Membership Changes Jan 4, 2014, 19:40 Kedyn

As a subscriber since release, I don't think this is a bad change. However, I do think the game is circling the drain. In game changes come at a glacial pace. Nothing new or significant has been added in months. MLG just isn't happening. Even though MLG is taking forever to get off the ground, SOE refuses to support the community that has supported the game since the first Planetside. It's a sad end to a great game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay
83. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Delay Dec 17, 2013, 17:35 Kedyn

Ambitious game = expect delays. If everyone knew how to make this kind of game, everyone would make this kind of game.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 7, 2013, 12:30 Kedyn

I won't miss Ben Kuchera's feelings-based inflammatory journalism. Take that shit to Gawker where it belongs.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2013, 06:06 Kedyn

I wish this had been posted around Halloween. Good read.  

News Comments > Telltale's Game of Thrones Game?
21. Re: Telltale's Game of Thrones Game? Nov 22, 2013, 18:28 Kedyn

saluk wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 01:55:
Yeah. Their best bet I think is something like The Walking Dead was. An original story set in that environment. Trying to match existing characters too much has been difficult for them in the past, and with such a well known and hot IP it would be dangerous to get that wrong. I'd still prefer a nice big rpg in the world by bethesda or bioware (circa 2004) to an adventure game... But if they can do a good game in this world have at it!

Maybe it'll be like the 2 graphic novels that GRRM has done - they take place something like 100 years before events in the books.

News Comments > Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 Details Tomorrow
5. Re: Walking Dead: The Game Season 2 Details Tomorrow Oct 29, 2013, 03:01 Kedyn

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 22:01:
Well, given the praise everyone lauded on the first, I just snagged it - main game and 400 days dlc is on Amazon for $7.50 atm - and will see how it goes. The Wolf Among Us impressed the hell out of me so far, so I hope this is as good.

Buckle up. That's all I'm going to say.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced
11. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Release Date Not Announced Sep 26, 2013, 05:44 Kedyn

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 25, 2013, 21:44:
A total lack of gameplay footage and only a couple months away? That's a big red flag right there.

I wouldn't go that far - this game has been in the works for quite a while, and I doubt Trey and Matt would put out a shitty game.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
49. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 20, 2013, 00:01 Kedyn

Ryan Lange wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 19:16:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:53:
...this could easily be construed as discriminatory.

I don't think that very many people are going to get too agitated over discrimination against assholes.

I don't think there's any better way to say it. There are more constructive ways to bring up issues with a game other than being a cancer to its community.

20. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 16:28 Kedyn

jamiedj99 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:30:
its like goting to the bar calling your boss a dick and going to work the next day to find out you been fired for it. this can be abused i could see soe banning people who speak out about how shitty a game is and get banned

I doubt it. If they banned everyone that has ever said a negative thing about their games, they wouldn't have any customers left. Everyone has an opinion, even about the game they love, and I've done my share of trolling for Planetside 2 in the past that I'm not particularly proud of.

15. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 15:38 Kedyn

This isn't exactly new for SOE. Twitter is the example, but the best real example for SOE doing something to a player misbehaving is BuzzcutPsycho, who was banned for a week from Planetside 2 because of his activity on another organization's Teamspeak which was recorded on his own stream.  

584 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo