Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4903 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 13:39 LittleMe

nin wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 11:59:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 11:52:
Wow, free upgrade to Windows 9? What happened to Microsoft? It's almost as if they've started caring just a little bit about their customers...

It just means they're pushing it out the door sooner, rather than later, and know there'd be a backlash otherwise...

It doesn't take much work to revert the touch UI back to what we already head and put a few new modest improvement in there. The formula is already known.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Hint
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue PC Hint Sep 29, 2014, 12:29 LittleMe

Well If anything just to have another feather in the Uplay cap..?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 29, 2014, 12:27 LittleMe

Well yes but how much does voting really do? And the notion of 'democracy' is nebulous anyway. The term 'republic' is more clear since it implies a government that that is empowered by the people while 'democracy' can impose mob rule and tyranny.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2014, 13:06.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 16:02 LittleMe

Alamar wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 14:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 14:27:
The people are speaking and it's pretty clear what they are wanting.

Incomplete buggy messes? : )

I interpret it as a an upwelling of resentment and rejection of the streamlined uninspired AAA console games. Though it could also be that the community loves being a part of the development process because that does make a better game when the developer listens and makes the right choices on the feedback.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 27, 2014, 14:02 LittleMe

For years now all the IT openings I see are for senior level positions with lots of experience and certifications. Is this because they fill the entry level positions with cheap foreigners?

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
10. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 13:30 LittleMe

Good for them. It's a solid game. I just found the gameplay to devolve into a action shooter with effects flying everywhere. I love the level 1 gameplay though. Too bad that doesn't last.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
29. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 13:26 LittleMe

PHJF wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:18:
I dunno, I don't much care for this QTE-style combat adopted from Screed and Arkham. Instant counters, traversing yards at a time instantly, "press A to do spiffy animation attack"... all makes me feel pretty detached from the action. Wish they'd gone with a more deliberate, tactile system.

This. This looks to be a generic and repetitive console game. Press awesome button to win.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 24, 2014, 23:38 LittleMe

The thread linked in the article has further insightful discussion.

The ASUS Strix's three heatpipes are better designed to cover the GPU with thinner dividers and the card itself has better quality components. However the benefits of the EVGA ACX card are that EVGA has much better customer support and that the ACX cooler/card is smaller than the Strix (and smaller than other competitor's custom coolers).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 24, 2014, 22:35 LittleMe

Well by the looks of it, those two 8mm pipes cover the GPU completely. There's no more room for the 6mm. Also the way heat moves through metal might not require the 6mm pipe make direct contact anyway, or at least make much of a difference. I've seen the critics hark on this design but have no evidence or proof it would be better if the GPU was aligned to touch all three heat pipes. Maybe it would.. Maybe it wouldn't... I'd like to see it tested.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
20. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 11:49 LittleMe

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 11:37:
InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:04:
PHJF wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 09:58:
Unfortunately the thing holding it back is the biggest part of the game. The combat is just completely basic and poorly balanced.

Yeah its kind of simple compared to say D:OS, but so far its fun.
Mods will fix it.

How moddable is the game? Does it support steamworks or allow Nexus Mod Manager type of modding?

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
7. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 23, 2014, 22:10 LittleMe

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 21:33:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 21:21:
But yes the actual gameplay was limited and repetitive.

You just described every single 80s arcade game. Including the one in your avatar. Just sayin'. No better gaming than in the 80s and Gauntlet was damn near at the center, literally when you walked into an arcade. It was either right up front or in the middle where everyone could watch. Love it.

It was all about perfecting a game. Not point A to point B save a million times multiple tries. Rouge likes are about as close as we can get to arcade games.

True the arcade games were usually limited and repetitive. Complete this stage, advance to the next with the same foes ramped up in difficulty. Personally I found Berzerk combat more entertaining and involved. There was tactics involved in getting them to shoot each other and collide and it required planning while fighting. Not true nearly so much with Gauntlet.

Also with Berzerk, the later stages the game really opened up with an open world, a full loot system (better guns), shops to sell and trade and an auction house where you could insert lots of quarters to buy a gold plated pistol for example. Also there were taverns where you'd learn about Evil Otto and why he was headless and was hell bent on chasing you.

News Comments > Rising Storm: Armored Assault Free Content Pack
2. Re: Rising Storm: Armored Assault Free Content Pack Sep 23, 2014, 21:32 LittleMe

Better than FH Mod for BF2? I've found that the most complete WW2 FPS but if these are the only servers then maybe it's only played on weekends these days.

I'll give this game a try again. Glad they are still around and updating it. I hope they are moving to UE4 for their next MP FPS game.

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
4. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 23, 2014, 21:21 LittleMe

Tom wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 21:17:
I know it's a classic, but I always thought the original sucked. Just not very fun and and not good value for the quarters you had to pump into it. It would be weird to play it without needing to pay...

Thinking about it.. The original did a few things very well though. It had great sound, great game flow and four player coop. It did the coop very well too. But yes the actual gameplay was limited and repetitive.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 23, 2014, 11:55 LittleMe

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 10:12:
What? What happened to Canada?

Internet tectonics.. It is in the last stages of being subducted.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
18. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 22, 2014, 23:04 LittleMe

Greenlit games should let you play it for free for two days to try it out while sandboxing the game so it can't fuck your Windows install.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Destiny Players Discover Treasure Cave. Sep 22, 2014, 15:18 LittleMe

Yeah watch AJ's review of it.. The loot system seems broken by his accounts so this will be fully exploited. (: I played at a neighbor's place on a XB1 and the graphics... 2009 called and wants their...

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
53. Re: New GeForce GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 19:07 LittleMe

Just got two 970 oc's at MicroCenter! Eff yah The 680 lasted me two and a half years.  

News Comments > New GeForce GPUs & Drivers
37. Re: New GeForce GTX 980 & 970 GPUs & Drivers Sep 19, 2014, 15:26 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 13:59:
Well I mean its up to you of course but you can get 60fps from a lesser card in most titles, especially if you back off Ultra settings/detail maxes. There are of course outlier titles so its hard to account for everything. In general 1080p isn't very demanding and I'm sure there will be a 960 at some point too for 1080p configs. This kind of card is better for a 1440p+ type setup IMO.

Your advice applies to novice or low end gamers. I don't agree with this for the more demanding 1080p gamers. For 1080p @ 120+hz we certainly need cards like these new ones. Also many people are sensitive to framerate dips so in their case a faster card makes a difference. Also people buy newer cards for upcoming games that will be much more demanding @ 1080p, especially at higher/est quality settings. 1080p can still be a good resolution for these high end cards!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 19, 2014, 00:35 LittleMe

They probably bought it right off the .buy site. Now I'm trying to find a product entry on Amazon to buy Amazon. I wonder what that page would look like.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2014, 20:19 LittleMe

Well the prison industrial complex loves a life sentence. That sure is a lot of other people's money to hold them for so long.

4903 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo