Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4735 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 1, 2014, 18:37 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2014, 17:30:
E.T. and other Atari games rescued from New Mexico landfill to be sold

Wherein nostalgia has officially jumped the shark.

Apropos.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
3. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 18:30 LittleMe

It's a fun casual-ish game.. Agreed it's too expensive and it's not good enough for me to devote enough time to justify such a high monthly fee.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. US cybercrime laws being used to target security researchers. May 31, 2014, 18:12 LittleMe

The feds are working to ruin the Internet. Give them more control of it and watch how they'll further escalate an online war, all veiled with self righteous good intentions while creating many thousands of real life victims who were actually trying to help the common good by helping secure us all. The road to hell...  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
20. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 17:40 LittleMe

harlock wrote on May 31, 2014, 16:02:
LittleMe wrote on May 31, 2014, 15:12:
Without knowing much about her, she comes across as sexist too. Games objectify men too, but she doesn't seem to care about that. How many games portray men as being violet gun toting psychopaths?

its just another "poor me" type mindset, and the problem is that its wholeheartedly accepted, "justified" and even applauded - its the angry, active side of self-pity (which is always self-generating, self-reinforcing)

the issue is complex, because discrimination is real, and the effects can be devastating... but people who have suffered it and cant get over it tend to be insulted by people who have suffered it and can get over it, so they call them "cop-outs", or "part of the problem" etc., they derive self-importance and pride from being crusaders for the downtrodden, build their identity around it, so the issue gets even more complicated and so on

as usual, its all ego-trip bullshit...

Yes that is insightful. Yeah at least she thinks she knows who she is - one who opposes sexist games. That's ego. Also strengthens her ego in giving her something to oppose and an enemy. Also how she takes it so seriously. She apparently views herself as morally superior. Ego. The way she describes how she started was a reaction to the games portrayal of women is also egoic. The ego is reactive in that way. The ego tries to bring balance to imbalance but instead it unintentionally amplifies the imbalance by fighting and opposing it.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video
3. Re: Unreal Tournament Prototypes and Video May 31, 2014, 17:23 LittleMe

The shock rifle graphics look nice. I'm glad they aren't changing up the deathmatch formula of the game too much from previous UT's. I like UT3's weapons. UT3 did a lot right with weapons balance.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
13. Re: Saturday Interviews May 31, 2014, 15:12 LittleMe

Without knowing much about her, she comes across as sexist too. Games objectify men too, but she doesn't seem to care about that. How many games portray men as being violet gun toting psychopaths?

News Comments > Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Next Month
10. Re: Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Next Month May 31, 2014, 00:55 LittleMe

I freaking loved this game too. Very glad to see it getting some love from MS! Steamworks, wow. Main downside I found was when I played well beyond the intended endgame the AI got very repetitive.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Car Hacking Video
3. Re: Watch Dogs Car Hacking Video May 29, 2014, 23:22 LittleMe

Ludomancer wrote on May 29, 2014, 21:46:
sadly, there is also this.

This is not a game humans. You're fucked, you've enslaved yourselves, and now you're making video games about it.

Good link. I tend to agree. Word of advice, don't let it get you too upset. Watch and observe. It's their doings. They (the enslaved masses) know not what they do. They will suffer the consequences much more than those who are awakened to the systems of enslavement. I need to heed that advice too.

I like this quote in the comment thread on your link:

“Those who surpress freedom always do so in the name of law and order.” – John V Lindsey

But I would add to that quote like this 'Those who surpress freedom always do so in the name of good intentions, law and order.'

News Comments > Watch Dogs Sets One-Day Sales Record
8. Re: Watch Dogs Sets One-Day Sales Record May 28, 2014, 22:39 LittleMe

So is the industry going to take this as a lesson that highly polished game releases are much less important than a glorified but misleading PR campaign? Did this unfinished release damage their rep with gamers?

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Confirmed
23. Re: Battlefield Hardline Confirmed May 28, 2014, 14:23 LittleMe

harlock wrote on May 28, 2014, 12:16:
btw, heres the trailer that got pulled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJDY_iILg0

Thank you harlock. I rather enjoyed that. The BF series needs some fresh ideas and inspiration. Finally something different... Looks like I was wrong about it being a little like PRmod, but this looks potentially fun also. They're an accomplished developer. I'm interested. It's on my watch-list for sure.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Walkthrough Trailer
5. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Walkthrough Trailer May 28, 2014, 00:15 LittleMe

Awesome. I also got burned out on BL2 but I loved it. Still plan on playing it some more and this when it comes out. Great writing, great voice acting, love the loot system, fun weapons, good non-linear level design, etc etc..  

News Comments > New Battlefield Details Leaked?
12. Re: New Battlefield Details Leaked? May 27, 2014, 23:55 LittleMe

Maybe they're finally developing some ideas from insurgency mode in Project Reality. Looking at the weapons, they just might be. That would be awesome. The police side searching for hidden insurgent caches placed at random places around the map.. I would pay $100 for that if it was good.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 27, 2014, 15:09 LittleMe

ldonyo wrote on May 27, 2014, 14:44:
Good thing the government didn't come up with Net Neutrality, isn't it?

They'll take the utopian-sounding ideals of NN and turn it into something to expand their control of the Internet. Devil is in the details and we've seen none of them because there's no law to look at right now.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 22, 2014, 15:30 LittleMe

House Leadership reached an agreement to amend the bipartisan USA FREEDOM Act in ways that severely weaken the bill,

So why would they do that? Seems to me because they don't serve the people, but a secretive group who's intentions are evil.

Rest assured it's been so easy for them to recklessly spend other people's money and commit human rights crimes against us if they consistently get away with it, and they do.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 22, 2014, 00:55 LittleMe

According to that reddit thread, uPlay is region-free. Tempting. I'll wait for release reviews.  

News Comments > Dark Souls Exploring GFWL Alternatives
9. Re: Dark Souls Exploring GFWL Alternatives May 20, 2014, 21:49 LittleMe

Dark Souls will remain fully functional on GFWL for the foreseeable future.

What a boneheaded decision. Why not just come out and say it like this:

Post release support isn't a priority for us. We struggle with the basics, let alone updating our products to industry standards.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 20, 2014, 21:42 LittleMe

Without reading the article... No business shuts down because funding might fall short do they? I mean, every other business would shut down tomorrow in that case. Many, many people and businesses are concerned about making the next few month's payments.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transistor
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transistor May 20, 2014, 21:39 LittleMe

I'm hearing very good reviews of it. RPGwatch has some review links - all good+ reviews.  

News Comments > Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update
4. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 21:26 LittleMe

Does anyone have something to say in comments besides beating the game up? As in, saying something insightful and current about the game?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2014, 16:08 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on May 16, 2014, 13:09:
Save The Internet.

Glad someone in this country still has the time and cojones to protest. We've become such a docile nation of sheeple.

The road to hell is paved with..... good intentions from people who espouse to be morally superior. The FCC is the very last entity to save the Internet and someone who thinks that is an idiot.

4735 Comments. 237 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo