Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4613 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced
2. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced Feb 27, 2014, 19:07 LittleMe

I'm so glad they wrote out everything on the screen in plain english that was said in the trailer. They even broke from the game video to scroll it which was a really nice touch. It even scrolled across, simulating a 300baud modem.

NO CARRIER

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 27, 2014, 14:42 LittleMe

Now I want to play Syndicate. I'm tempering my expectations here so I'm not disappointed.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: New U.S. tax bill singles out video game studios for tax hike Feb 27, 2014, 13:35 LittleMe

Prez wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 10:12:
Were it to become law, the R&D credit will exclude companies that make violent video games.

Of course the loopholes that mega corporations swimming in billions of dollars of profits and billionaires take advantage of will remain unaffected.

It will help them. Corporations very often write these sorts of laws in ways to give them an advantage in the marketplace. For example, they write the compliance rules so they are very expensive and time consuming. Then start-ups can't, well, start up. It's the modern mercantile empire.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
26. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 13:30 LittleMe

Arithon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 12:10:
Well, let's party like it's 2007! The textures are horrible, the AI is laughably bad and the game style is a twitch shooter with kill-replay-cam straight out of the Call of Duty:MW2 playbook. It has the depth of a teaspoon and no single player, so very little longevity.

+1. Yeah I'm not buying it till the $5 or $10 sale. Depth of a teaspoon.. Exactly!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Internet guffaws at senatorís quixotic proposal to ban Bitcoin. Feb 26, 2014, 20:37 LittleMe

I don't understand the guffaws.. It's easy to eliminate most bitcoin transactions by banning banks/exchanges/retailers from exchanging it.

The government can ban anything it wants, throw some self-serving rhetoric just as Manchn did here and then claim it is constitutional by saying using the blanket 'common good' which is what an authoritarian government does.

The economic crash was largely a failure of govt regulation. The bitcoin market is a rejection of that failed system! A big part of the volatility of the crypto market has been due to government regulators around the world banning or restricting access.

edit: and that senator is a control freak and hates technology.

News Comments > Risen 3 Official Announcement
3. Re: Risen 3 Official Announcement Feb 25, 2014, 21:22 LittleMe

Console focused gameplay and gamepad UI?  

News Comments > ESO Beta Expanding
4. Re: ESO Beta Expanding Feb 25, 2014, 21:01 LittleMe

Got a key. Some aspects of the game interest me. If the combat is at least bearable maybe I can find some fun.. I tried FF Realm Reborn and found it tedious and boring.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 60FPS Videos
3. Re: Resident Evil 4 60FPS Videos Feb 25, 2014, 14:30 LittleMe

Now that 120/144hz monitors are gaining traction they are making news that they are still behind the curve!  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring
4. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring Feb 24, 2014, 15:16 LittleMe

mazling wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 12:41:
This really does look the sort of thing to take time on and get right. I'm excited to see it.
Release schedules are for the corporations

Exactly! I'm very glad they're taking the time to polish it.

News Comments > THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch
5. Re: THIEF System Requirements - Mantle Support via Post-Release Patch Feb 23, 2014, 14:22 LittleMe

Other PC Features=WIN section. TY VM  

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Signups
8. Re: Titanfall Beta Signups Feb 11, 2014, 23:03 LittleMe

Fantaz wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 22:31:
pwning noobs in Quake TF and CTF since 1996.

will even own teh noobs in Wedding Quake from Jazzpunk.

Oh I wish it would be as as fun as netquake!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 11, 2014, 14:45 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 10:52:
It also convinces the regular people not paying close attention that you're probably on the wrong side of things, because you're acting irrationally and emotionally.

Sure, character assassination of opposition is a popular tactic and the ruling classes use it all the time as pointed out by Task. If there are no adverse consequences for their actions, our government is effectively totalitarian because they can get away with whatever they want. What's left? Civil disobed?

The government uses violence against us every day, threatened or actual. We aren't ever supposed to use it, even thought he constitution permits us to replace an illegal govt?

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
12. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 16:27 LittleMe

It looks fun and I'll play it but I would very much appreciate a PC focused UI and mod support.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Feb 7, 2014, 22:48 LittleMe

Angry Joe has a new review of the beta also. Says it's generic, not fun and harked on the 15/month+CE class.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 7, 2014, 20:29 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 19:01:
And I'm sure he's a "prisoner" even if he's not in prison.

He's traded the involuntary and criminal prison here for this one he chose over there..?

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Feb 4, 2014, 12:57 LittleMe

With a few mods I found M&K very playable.  

News Comments > Steam Music Beta Nears
8. Re: Steam Music Beta Nears Feb 3, 2014, 23:23 LittleMe

Isn't it obvious this is all song and dance?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 1, 2014, 16:19 LittleMe

Mining bitcoins is now done on a more industrial scale with ASIC chips. GPU mining is obviously not profitable unless the BTC value climbs enormously in value which will probably not happen in the short-medium future.

GPU mining is, for now, profitable with scrypt-based crypto-currencies.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2014, 14:48 LittleMe

Today was supposedly the day GTA V for PC preorders starts? Hah!  

News Comments > QuakeCon 2014 in July
12. Re: QuakeCon 2014 in July Jan 31, 2014, 13:00 LittleMe

beigemore wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 21:58:
LittleMe wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 21:34:
I don't think he contributed that much to the event.

His talks at Quakecon are one of the best things about Quakecon.

So you think everyone goes there to hear him talk? Hah! The room was nearly empty when he spoke when I saw it. There were other events that were far more popular. Really, it's not a big loss for the event. People go there to play games at a huge lan party.

4613 Comments. 231 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo