Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4852 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
29. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 16:56 LittleMe

Gamebryo would be fine if Bethesda invested a few hundred or few thousand hours of highly skilled developer time into it. Alas, it is now it's a nightmare to deal with. Real shame because it's so very moddable and the community is used to working with it.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 16:41 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 13:30:
Aliens: Shit Sandwich.

They can't print that!

News Comments > On Sale - Steam Adds Weekly Deals
5. Re: On Sale - Steam Adds Weekly Deals Feb 12, 2013, 03:35 LittleMe

I've avoided WoW for eight+ years.. $5 is tempting, even if for only 30 days.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 10, 2013, 21:47 LittleMe

Saboth wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 20:35:
That might be their target, but conservative's have "violent media" squarely in their sights, attempting to deflect the blame on gun violence from guns to anything but, including video games.

IMO neither the guns or games are the real cause, but the violent fascist society we've become. Insanity induced violence is everywhere in one form or another. Banning either one won't make much of a difference, and could make it worse.

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
6. Re: RAGE Tool Kit Feb 8, 2013, 21:33 LittleMe

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 21:19:
Reading the pdf and there's some hilarious tidbits about how non-functional this editor is. First, the install is up to 45GB. Ok, I have a 1TB HD and can give that one a pass. But then loading a map takes upwards of 60 minutes. Loading simple assets takes 30 minutes. Smaller maps take 30-40 minutes. Who is going to put up with such long and numerous load times to mod a game so few are playing?

They've got you wrong. You're not a coward. Stupid maybe, but not a coward. You're splitting a great team. You and the RAGE editor... Think of the possibilities!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 8, 2013, 19:01 LittleMe

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2013, 23:13 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 14:18:
I imagine a day where wifi is a municipal service like roads or water. Probably too early for that yet though.

No thanks. Are we considering the unintended consequences? How could this power be abused (ie. war on terror or the war on mp3 downloaders)? How could this government service fall into complacency and technological development be adversely impacted? Do you realize that government services are very often delivered at much higher costs than what the private sector does? Delivering Internet based on the political process is repugnant to me.

I for one don't want the authorities to take over Internet service in my area. I also don't want the duopoly to continue.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Sales Near 6 Million; DLC Bundle Announced Feb 5, 2013, 22:37 LittleMe

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 21:26:
Glad it turned out well for them. Fun game, and a decent port.

Agreed. Fun game and worth the asking price. Only thing it sorely needs is mod support!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 29, 2013, 23:04 LittleMe

Awesome. Great story!  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Warns of 'Cyber 911' if Congress Doesn't Pass Cybershity Legislation. Jan 27, 2013, 15:58 LittleMe

User comment submitted by Cyberdodo on Fri, 01/25/2013 - 19:14.

"Give us total authoritarian power to do anything we damned well please, or really bad things will happen!"

Yes, it sounded like a veiled threat.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2013, 17:47 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 11:28:
Next Xbox simply to be named Xbox.

Yeah, that's not going to go well.

Ebay: "For sale! Xbox, hardly used, 10 games, 2 controllers included! $149!"

Oh, you expected it to be the NEW Xbox? Sorry, it was the old one.

Exactly this is a terrible name for the new console. Making one word mean two different things just confuses and angers people and will certainly lead to upset consumers buying the wrong games and accessories. Many, dare I say most, console consumers are not technologically savvy.

"Excuse me, where are your Xbox games?" asks customer

"Right over there" says the clerk

"No, I mean Xbox not xbox360" says frustrated customer

"Oh, these are xbox games" says frustrated clerk that usually sends people to the 360 shelf but knows some want new xbox games.

or...

"Is this xbox compatible?" asks customer

"Yes, it is." says clerk.

Customer gets home, opens package, and product doesn't work because it's for the wrong 'xbox' and goes back to store. Store refuses item return for opened package and insists the product was accurately sold as xbox compatible.

Fail Microsoft marketing.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Plans
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Plans Jan 23, 2013, 02:56 LittleMe

LaxerFL wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 00:26:
I try to like this game. Really to love it. But I just can't get into it like Dark Age of Camelot got me or even WoW really. When I finally got in a good guild and started raiding high level stuff WoW was an absolute blast. It got old like anything but GW2 doesn't get me even a little bit interested. I hate the how the skill (non)trees work. As much as I like their take on questing and whatnot I miss the standard quest lines and being able to run instances with a group.

Yeah they got so focused on MMO and lost focus on three more important letters, fun.

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale
8. Re: Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale Jan 22, 2013, 17:59 LittleMe

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 17:24:
What I'm wondering now is, if it's non-transferable and THQ is no more, then what happens to the game? South Park studios will get their money one way or another (probably), but does the game end up in limbo? I was actually looking forward to playing it... And what about Obsidian?

Speculation=1. Then the rights revert to South Park Digital Studios. SPDS then would have a strong incentive to publish it themselves, strike a new deal with another publisher or maybe Obsidian could publish it.. Hard to say for sure. But THQ will probably continue in some skeletal form just to publish the game since they'd net some cash out of it.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2013, 15:45 LittleMe

So very sad for the people of Cuba who were played as suckers so long ago. They cheered while establishing a tyrannical ruling elite. They continue to pay the price for their ignorance.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2013, 14:38 LittleMe

Bodolza wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:36:
If posting pictures (that you own) of people without their explicit permission became a crime, it would instantly kill Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and any other photo sharing site.

You only own the photo but not the rights of that person's likeness, in many circumstances (or circumcisions).

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2013, 14:32 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:05:
Anyway, this really needs to become classified as a crime.

I'm pretty sure it is already a crime. IIRC, if the photo is not in a public place or there is reasonable expectation of privacy, you must have signed consent to exhibit nude photos of someone.

News Comments > Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed
7. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 19, 2013, 20:02 LittleMe

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 19:26:
The fact they're not willing to show off any gameplay or technical videos is an obvious warning sign.

+1

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 16, 2013, 17:39 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 15:17:
Biden rocks. Pitch perfect response. I don't agree with this administration on everything,butility I appreciate that they are reality based for the most part.

He's just picking his fights. Taking on guns -and- video games at the same time is probably one that can't be won. The likes of Biden aren't going to give up so easily on regulating games. If not him, then the next one handed down.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Fedora 18 released. Jan 16, 2013, 02:28 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 00:10:
LittleMe wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 21:07:
a mooving experience.

Not a fan of the pun, I take it.

Yeah I like them! The blahs were for the yawn inducing sections.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Fedora 18 released. Jan 15, 2013, 21:07 LittleMe

The Fedora Project blah blah blah blah blah of Fedora 18 ("Spherical Cow"). Heck, we'd even say that getting this release to you has been a mooving experience.

Fedora blah blah blah blah blah blah blah . :-D But no bull: Spherical Cow, is of course, Fedora's best release yet. You'll go through the hoof when you hear about the Grade A Prime F18 features. You can always cownt on us to blah blah blah blah blah .

4852 Comments. 243 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo