Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4745 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Beneath a Steel Sky Sequel Confirmed
2. Re: Beneath a Steel Sky Sequel Confirmed Sep 24, 2012, 11:06 LittleMe

Great!! I hope they wow us again with those jaw dropping cinematics.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam EU Legal Conflict
14. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 21, 2012, 12:31 LittleMe

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 10:47:
Interesting that our EU friends have to now carry the banner of freedom for us Americans. We all know changing the terms after the fact IS A NO NO. Good for them, hope they win and reverse this recent trend of BS.

Is it a Right or Freedom?

• A Right is a common privilege given to all citizens for example the right to vote, the right to property, the right to worship, the right to information, etc.

• Freedom is when you have no constraints to conduction your actions freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to rebel, freedom to complain, etc.

• Seems to be more of a right and not a freedom issue. In this case, the right to resell DD games. We have the 'freedom' to buy or not buy from STEAM though. So we are still free here on that count. The game developer has the 'freedom' to implement steamworks in their game, or not. Now, the consumer may or may not have the 'right' to access their STEAM games if they decline the agreement once.

'Freedom' doesn't mean you have a mandatory alternative to STEAM though. Freedom doesn't guarantee much. That's what rights are for.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
    19. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 20, 2012, 21:48 LittleMe

Here's a Torchlight 2 First impressions vid.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
    4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 20, 2012, 02:22 LittleMe

They forgot to outlaw foreplay.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
    64. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 19, 2012, 07:37 LittleMe

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 05:29:
    I put a good 3-4 hours into the game last night and I was having a blast! It is so much better then the first game was.

Yes and it gets better later on. The game has lots of nice surprises and shows creative inspiration.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
    60. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 19, 2012, 03:33 LittleMe

Dev wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 20:14:
    Its more of BL1 and then cranked up some. I'm having fun, both in single player and multiplayer. I'm the kinda person that likes to explore everything and do all the sidequests so its not as far as you might think.

Dev thanks for your review/impressions post. Much appreciated. I agree with what you said too. There that there are times when I feel like I'm playing a modern version of Doom, or Rage done far better. I'm rather ecstatic about the game right now. We'll see if that lasts. Seems like they designed the game around replayability so thumbs up for that too.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
    1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 18, 2012, 00:39 LittleMe

Great safety dance this evening. Thanks Blue!  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst CAP for Borderlands 2
    6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2012, 00:37 LittleMe

Rigs wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 23:30:
    I still don't know why ATI (I mean...*ahem* AMD...*snort*) doesn't have anything like PhysX yet?

ATI/AMD have and use Havoc. I think this is their site - http://www.havok.com/products/physics

News Comments > etc.
    3. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2012, 12:25 LittleMe

Shok wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:25:
    So has anyone tried this mod? I meant to download it but assumed it wouldn't be worth it due to the latency from US to Australia.

Yes it's fantastic and has a lot of promise. For the last beta test, the server was in Norway I believe, not Australia. I think also they had a US server but I'm not sure. There was lag initially but that was due to their code and they fixed it after twelve or so hours.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 17, 2012, 12:11 LittleMe

So I presume that these STEAM numbers include those of us who bought BL2 of GMG and registered the code in STEAM.

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 11:35:
    Nah, I doubt that. There's around 100K people playing Day-Z every day

What? The game has sold like crazy for a few months, topping the steam list repeatedly. And that doesn't count retail. 500k to 1M units is much closer than your low-ball figure. 2M isn't out of question. And 100k online daily could fit into the 1M total sales number just fine.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
    12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2012, 23:57 LittleMe

Anyone can be manipulated and suggested to do just about anything. Being malleable is not and should not be a crime. Eraser is right.. Who is supplying and encouraging it? The authorities. They do it, I believe, because they need some 'scraps' to justify their enormous budgets. They twist truths and use scare mongering in budget hearings and use lie-ridden threats if they don't get their money. It's a shakedown and we are all the victim. It's been going on for decades. They get away with it and that encourages more of it. If the people are worried about money and not their freedoms, they'll get neither.

News Comments > Obsidian Entertainment Tease
    9. Re: Obsidian Entertainment Tease Sep 10, 2012, 22:49 LittleMe

Call of Fallsiege. Rattlehead's suggestion sounds like a more informed guess than Shack's guesswork seeing as he referenced the Ouroboros with the serpent eating its tail.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
    2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 9, 2012, 01:31 LittleMe

Says just as much about Bethesda and how they seem to lack talented engine programmers and/or their failure to provide adequate post-game patch support.  

News Comments > Just Cause 2 MP Mod Beta Event
    3. Re: Just Cause 2 MP Mod Beta Event Sep 8, 2012, 02:21 LittleMe

Oh yeah! Apparently the server is in Europe though so there'll be some lag for us over here.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
    3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2012, 21:19 LittleMe

Yeah what many people call freedom I call oppression or tyranny.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
    70. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 3, 2012, 12:50 LittleMe

Any expensive MMO release like GW2 is 'risky' from a business perspective. They took big risks.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2012, 17:00 LittleMe

Dev wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 15:48:
    especially ones that aren't the latest CoD.

Bingo!!!!!!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
    18. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 16:56 LittleMe

El Pit wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 15:25:
    Guild Wars 2 Status Report: I'm enjoying it thoroughly. End of status report.

Ditto. Having a blast. Beautiful and enormous world.. Great game! I expect launch some hitches. I can wait for the AH but have had access to it a few times. GW2 is an explorer's delight.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
    30. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 13:14 LittleMe

DeadlyAccurate wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 12:43:
    Warskull wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 12:33:
    I agree here, the bans are in poor form. They need the ability to trade-lock players. Then they can give the player the choice between being trade locked or having their items/money rolled back.

In fact, the game could auto trade-lock people who have an unusually high accumulation of wealth.

Considering that both the mail system (the only way to directly trade) and the trading post have been down for most of this week, *everyone* is trade-locked at the moment. Wouldn't really be much of a punishment for exploiters.

Yeah and considering these people have proven themselves to be cheaters, they're much more likely to cheat again. And what about the next exploit that does more damage? Anet here is having outstanding form. Saying "it's just a game" is a rationalization of abusing both Anet and their customers.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
    30. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 18:04 LittleMe

Bethesda, sure go ahead and sell this for the console crowd but damn, you promised big DLC packs and this doesn't seem like it to me. It has many quest bugs and many other bugs too but Skryim is already looking like abandon-ware. You abandon every game you make like clockwork.  

4745 Comments. 238 pages. Viewing page 36.
    < Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo