Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4886 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted
9. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarted Apr 8, 2013, 12:07 LittleMe

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 09:41:
Is it just me, or are the numbers unusual on this KS? $1.9m but only 22k backers?

Yeah, look at the pledge counts for the high dollar tiers on the right hand column. Eleven people donated $10,000 or more! 17 backers of $3,500 or more. Sixty eight pledged $1,500 or more. etc etc.. LB has a loyal following, but I still killed him from the ship after he chased me outside to the moat.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
10. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 19:45 LittleMe

Well hopefully Origin competing with Steam and other DD game services will keep Steam healthy with some competition. I don't blame EA for trying their own service and not wanting to be beholden to Steam/Valve.

Steam is FREE. Origin is FREE. So, ask yourself, why does Origin even exist in the first place if both are free? Whatever answer you come up with, it's not going to be an answer that describes something that it's in your favor or something related to you.

This is how Soviet Russians thought. 'Why have several brands of the same product when one is enough and no different?' Such thinking ignores the gradual but powerful evolutionary forces over time created by healthy competition. Consumer choice is a very powerful thing. Sure, Origin has many faults, but it's likely that, just like Steam, the service will improve greatly.

As long as EA doesn't have a government-granted monopoly (or favoritism laws) and the Internet is a place where freedom can flourish, they'll be beholden to natural market forces that will keep them in check from destroying all of mankind and the planet from an greedy corporate black hole that you foresee.

All that said, I do keep Origin in a separate Windows install so they don't spy on me. I don't trust them very much. Haven't booted into it for months now. I am also skeptical of some of their intentions.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2013, 15:13 LittleMe

Well since PC gaming is thriving and the mainstream PC market is shrinking considerably, Intel is merely adjusting their target audience.

The current i7 chips have weak GPU's compared to the CPU, so they make poor gaming chips. If they had dropped one CPU core and expanded the GPU core then it would be much better balanced for gaming. It seems like they didn't benchmark actual games to correctly balance the chip, besides Farmville benchmarks.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video
21. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 19:47 LittleMe

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 19:40:
That was probably the most unimpressive and boring tech demo I've ever seen.

Think of the possibilities!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 28, 2013, 13:19 LittleMe

Yeah we are quite docile. Would you kindly roll over and submit? They just have to use the magic word of terrorist or whatever is the flavor of the month to instill fear in us. The white-tailed deer in the park here are more brave.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
45. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 14:54 LittleMe

Well iirc they have reimplemented the commander role which I think could greatly improve the MP. With BF3 their logic was fail because they said most people didn't play commander. The reason commander was great was that the commander added greatly to the whole experience, not that most people didn't play it.

A new BF every two years is fine with me. CoD is every year.. I'm also curious to see if they port it to PS4/X720. The engine certainly will scale to them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 11:31 LittleMe

Without actually reading the article, I'm a little excited for the PS4 because I think it's good news for PC gaming for a few reasons. We'll see.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: RE: Follow up Mar 23, 2013, 17:20 LittleMe

mag wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 16:09:
It allows states to collect taxes from Internet retailers out of state, when made by people in their state.

How much government services is someone using by buying off Amazon, out of state? Not much. The UPS truck needs a road, I guess. But UPS pay for that with their taxes since the UPS truck uses the road, not the customer. The customer isn't using much, if any, government services that I can think of at the moment.

A brick & mortar storefront needs water/sewer, police, fire, etc etc.. I guess this has all been debated many times already.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2013, 23:05 LittleMe

IIRC the p60/66's were underwhelming but the p90's were a different story. I was lucky enough to play with the latter from a mortgage company client that I somehow convinced to cough up the $3000+ for one with a whopping 1GB SCSI HDD (1994). Computer Shopper to the rescue.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
3. Re: Skyrim Patched Mar 21, 2013, 11:49 LittleMe

It's a start. Thanks Bethesda. That said, it looks to me like only the first two or three are significant fixes. The rest look like simple quest-type fixes, but I can't be sure what was done or how much work was put into this patch. By Bethesda's standards this is a big patch but by industry standards it isn't.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Earth Hour is all wrong. We need more electricity, not less. Mar 19, 2013, 14:18 LittleMe

Good article. Yes, 'feel good' ideals that comprises the populist environmental movement is narcissistic in that it's frequently about appearance and lacking substance. We need cleaner technologies to replace the dirty ones.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 14:34.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 17, 2013, 14:53 LittleMe

You mean the feds here assumed powers they never legally had? Whoa!

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
8. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Mar 16, 2013, 17:17 LittleMe

I was shocked to see this in Steam news. Awesome they did this patch! Great way to bolster your rep by supporting previously abandoned software. Bethesda take note.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 15, 2013, 01:39 LittleMe

I respect nV's call on this and I think they're right. They could make more money doing a lot of other things. Seems to me like AMD almost had no choice, stuck between a rock and a hard place.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 10, 2013, 14:32 LittleMe

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 18:50:
Laws are not needed to allow things. The constitution (you remember, that ratty old piece of paper that the nation is supposedly built upon) says:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

In other words, if it is not disallowed, it is legal.

In other /other/ words, the government doesn't - and shouldn't - "allow" us to unlock our cellphones. Instead, they should strike the law that made it illegal in the first place.

But I thought good intentions overrode the Constitution!!! If new broad federal powers sound wonderful on the evening news then it must be justified! Surely powers are never abused or have unintended consequences and since they love us so dearly, everything is legal for the feds. /sarc

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2013, 14:43.

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released
15. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 11:44 LittleMe

Done downloading!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. State lawmaker defends bike tax, says bicycling is not good for the environment. Mar 5, 2013, 10:00 LittleMe

The human body is extremely efficient so it's a no-brainer that cycling is cleaner than a comparatively primitive car.

If lawmakers stopped zoning suburban sprawl then we wouldn't need to commute so far. I say heavily tax the lawmakers for being filthy dirty on the environment.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2013, 14:12 LittleMe

Hmmm... But public freedoms to do aerial photography can be a check on government abuses & powers. Live free or die, NH? Why ban the public from this when the real intent is to stop government drones when this bill does nothing to stop it?

Most protests against drones are not against hobbyists, Google Maps satellites, commercial flights, the film industry, or aerial photographers, rather against the government’s use of the devices.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 2, 2013, 19:39 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 12:21:
it's been proven time and time again that it's only a person who can fall while big biz remains unscathed.

Yes that's collectivism summed up. But really all they've done is delay the inevitable. It -will- all fail and it will be a huge crash. They've bet the farm, so to speak... See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZTlsDepd08

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 2, 2013, 07:18 LittleMe

Bard wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 23:20:
hmmm. That stuff would be nice, but what's needed is not individual, but corporate corruption.

getting one person in trouble achieves nothing, exposing the activity of a corporation however, makes shit happen.

Yeah. Even more important is exposing the activity of the banking cartel (fed reserve), not just BoA. This may or may not be a good step in that direction.

4886 Comments. 245 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo