Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4739 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews
14. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Reviews Oct 8, 2012, 12:31 LittleMe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz94mUWwblU

Excellent review.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2012, 15:38 LittleMe

Not only can they devastate individual lives and legitimate businesses, they also undermine our nation’s financial stability, can jeopardize the health of our citizens, and even threaten our national security.

They're gearing up to call pirates terrorists. Remember, suspected terrorists can be held indefinitely without a trial and perpetually tortured. Your tax dollars at work.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Apple posts Jobs tribute video. Oct 6, 2012, 13:51 LittleMe

So is the cult worship more about Apple or Jobs? I guess Apple, but it seems symbiotic also.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Oct 6, 2012, 12:36 LittleMe

jimnms wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 23:52:
I bought Borderlands 2 from them and they didn't email me my Steam key until several days after it had released.

Whoa that sucks. That didn't happen with me though. I got my key on September 14th, the day I pre-ordered, four days before launch.

News Comments > Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter
22. Re: Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter Oct 3, 2012, 14:12 LittleMe

Phasenoise wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 13:44:
Bill Borre wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 12:49:
I assume that we'll be seeing Kickstarters from dead developers soon.

I hope so. I'd love a M.U.L.E. rekindling. (A good one)

A M.U.L.E. remake was done, not too long ago by his children iirc.

News Comments > Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter
17. Re: Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter Oct 3, 2012, 12:32 LittleMe

Jivaro wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 11:54:
It could very well be poor timing too, I mean honestly...

I read that as 'poor triming' and thought... what? Oh, yeah.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 12:49 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:42:
BobBob wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:40:
Is this game as good as Torchlight 2?

It's a totally different kind of experience, can't really compare them IMHO. It's well worth the money if you like MMOs at all but if you don't like MMOs then I wouldn't bother.

Agreed. Or put another way... GW2 is a vastly bigger game. Doesn't necessarily mean better, just bigger. Much bigger production values. But yeah, they don't compare well at all.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 30, 2012, 14:57 LittleMe

Outstanding. Wow I can hardly believe I'm seeing this. People are starting to see that the duopoloy cartel is a scam that has fleeced the country? The duopoly is a 20th century disease that doesn't work for us now. Wow. I still think that if we had consumer choice in broadband, Net Neutrality would be unnecessary.

I like how in the video interview he specifically says he's not advocating 'community' (government controlled & operated) broadband.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2012, 11:17 LittleMe

DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 04:03:
Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 23:13:
I thought congress was moving to end the TSA entirely. They really need to.

fat chance it that happening, if anything I expect to see these blue shirts running around shopping malls next.

Yeah, fat chance. Oh the home lancht defense are expanding, not contracting. Our politically controlled nationalist paranoia is on the rise here. Great place to bring up a child. Not.

News Comments > No Federal 38 Studios Charges
11. Re: No Federal 38 Studios Charges Sep 29, 2012, 10:13 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 22:39:
This simply isn't a blame game. Someone somewhere was responsible for fucking up and that person is likely Curt.

You say it isn't a blame game and then proceed immediately to blame Curt directly. It was a *high risk* investment on the part of the state government. The state government obviously wants to save face and not face the consequences of their greed that blinded them.

News Comments > No Federal 38 Studios Charges
1. Re: No Federal 38 Studios Charges Sep 28, 2012, 22:10 LittleMe

Sounds like a witch hunt to me. A key component of government work is playing the blame game.

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
57. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 12:52 LittleMe

With all the rage here, Blizz has really made this a black & white issue.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2012, 12:51 LittleMe

They should only be allowed to do this if they don't have any sort of market exclusivity agreement with local government.

edit: what I mean is that it should be written into the agreement about arbitrary service terminations. I'm not asking for more laws regulating ISP's. That would be even worse.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 24, 2012, 12:00 LittleMe

beigemore wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 10:55:
Too bad nobody cares about ipv6 connectivity since the US can't even match the net speed in other countries on a consumer level.

Because we haven't dismantled the duopoly. That said, our broadband is pretty good. Raw speed is a rather shallow way to gauge the overall health of the Internet. Defeating sopa/pipa (for now) was a much bigger victory.

News Comments > Beneath a Steel Sky Sequel Confirmed
2. Re: Beneath a Steel Sky Sequel Confirmed Sep 24, 2012, 11:06 LittleMe

Great!! I hope they wow us again with those jaw dropping cinematics.  

News Comments > Steam EU Legal Conflict
14. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 21, 2012, 12:31 LittleMe

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 10:47:
Interesting that our EU friends have to now carry the banner of freedom for us Americans. We all know changing the terms after the fact IS A NO NO. Good for them, hope they win and reverse this recent trend of BS.

Is it a Right or Freedom?

• A Right is a common privilege given to all citizens for example the right to vote, the right to property, the right to worship, the right to information, etc.

• Freedom is when you have no constraints to conduction your actions ‘“ freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to rebel, freedom to complain, etc.

• Seems to be more of a right and not a freedom issue. In this case, the right to resell DD games. We have the 'freedom' to buy or not buy from STEAM though. So we are still free here on that count. The game developer has the 'freedom' to implement steamworks in their game, or not. Now, the consumer may or may not have the 'right' to access their STEAM games if they decline the agreement once.

'Freedom' doesn't mean you have a mandatory alternative to STEAM though. Freedom doesn't guarantee much. That's what rights are for.

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
    19. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 20, 2012, 21:48 LittleMe

Here's a Torchlight 2 First impressions vid.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
    4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 20, 2012, 02:22 LittleMe

They forgot to outlaw foreplay.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
    64. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 19, 2012, 07:37 LittleMe

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 05:29:
    I put a good 3-4 hours into the game last night and I was having a blast! It is so much better then the first game was.

Yes and it gets better later on. The game has lots of nice surprises and shows creative inspiration.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
    60. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 19, 2012, 03:33 LittleMe

Dev wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 20:14:
    Its more of BL1 and then cranked up some. I'm having fun, both in single player and multiplayer. I'm the kinda person that likes to explore everything and do all the sidequests so its not as far as you might think.

Dev thanks for your review/impressions post. Much appreciated. I agree with what you said too. There that there are times when I feel like I'm playing a modern version of Doom, or Rage done far better. I'm rather ecstatic about the game right now. We'll see if that lasts. Seems like they designed the game around replayability so thumbs up for that too.

4739 Comments. 237 pages. Viewing page 35.
    < Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo