Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4614 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2012, 23:01 LittleMe

Yeah that article read as if it was typed up by the NY State government themselves, along with some help from MS & Sony. Wouldn't be surprised in the least. Anything to get paid in this shit economy, eh? It was like reading a fascist propaganda article. Don't forget to obsess about crime and live in constant fear of the bogey man!!

FTA -
He also noted that 27 percent of teenagers aged 12 to 17 play games online with people they don't know.

Good use of useless information to breed fear in the populace. A+ for this marketing guru.

The user comments on the story are enlightening, however.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tropico 4: Modern Times
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tropico 4: Modern Times Apr 4, 2012, 00:05 LittleMe

Awesome!! El Presidente has been hard at work for us Tropicans.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details
26. Re: PC Ghost Recon Future Soldier in June; Specs; DRM Details Apr 3, 2012, 17:09 LittleMe

If the MP game had dedicated servers and a proper server browser then I'd consider buying it. Otherwise non. I actually like 'capture the diamonds' in Far Cry 2 but they severely crippled it in that regard to where I didn't play it much.

Before LAN support, give us proper online play and not peer to peer matchmaking bs designed for 9 year olds who don't know the difference.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. The x86 PlayStation 4 could signal a sea-change in the console industry. Apr 2, 2012, 16:50 LittleMe

Great article. I'm shocked they'd release a console in 2013 with an AMD 66xx series GPU. That's archaic even when released. I would think at least a an AMD 7870 series GPU would be more up-to-date. Sheesh the PS4 will be dominated by PC tech right from day 1. Good news for PC gaming, if true.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 16:48 LittleMe

Krovven wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 14:54:
If you rent a game, devs/pubs dont see a dime over the initial sale to the Rental company.

The question is, if the rental market wasn't there, would that initial sale happen in the first place? I think very often it wouldn't and the devs & pubs would be out of a sale anyway.

If publishers want to limit or profit from rentals why can't they update the software license and charge a premium for rights to rent out the game. I'm all for their freedom to sell their product as they wish, of course.

If renting a game costs $1, then the game isn't worth much to play. A functioning market sorts that stuff out.

News Comments > Gods & Heroes Changes
2. Re: Gods & Heroes Changes Mar 31, 2012, 14:15 LittleMe

I feel bad for them. I hope they can stay operational. Not sure but I don't think I remember them going live, and I'm a frequent BluesNews'er. I'm not sure what sort of PR they did. My free advice - start small, but keep the big vision.

News Comments > Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend
13. Re: Path of Exile Stress Test Weekend Mar 31, 2012, 06:16 LittleMe

I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Fun game! Want moar!  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
26. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 29, 2012, 22:49 LittleMe

Dades wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:02:
You can't wait for the stable driver releases if you play a lot of new games, you have to use their constantly rotating preview drivers.

I don't think this is AMD's fault. It's more likely a fault of Microsoft's Direct3D in how, for some reason, it frequently needs new drivers for new games. No?

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
20. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 29, 2012, 00:12 LittleMe

MisterBenn wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 20:57:

1) The (youtube) video is corrupted and plays as though it started from a plain green key frame (i.e. wierd details move within a sea of bright green) when you start a video. This sometimes fixes itself within a few seconds otherwise you need to restart the clip to make it right.

I get only this one of the ones you mention. No need to restart the video. Just drag the time slider some and it will be fixed. Started happening recently. There's no way for me to know if it's an ATI but or if it's a bug with the Adobe Flash player. edit: this DID start for me with the recent Adobe flash updates so I think it's their bug, not ATI's.

That said, also I don't see how you can be sure anything you mentioned can be definitively blamed on the ATI driver. It could be Adobe bug, a Firefox bug, or some recent Microsoft bug in their recent patches that they put out every month. Patience is advised and the bugs will be found and fixed.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patch Tomorrow
12. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patch Tomorrow Mar 28, 2012, 17:37 LittleMe

Rossafur wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 16:49:
Wow, they're selling complete kit unlock packs with this on Origin now too...

Besides the obvious revenue stream... Might help bring new players since they would otherwise feel as if they are playing at a big disadvantage??

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway
11. Re: Legend of Grimrock Next Month; Preorders Underway Mar 27, 2012, 15:52 LittleMe

Sweet!! Preordered also. Love how Almost Human is bringing fresh inspiration into this genre. The dungeon crawlers became stale in the 90's only because developers/publishers milked it dry with uninspired, boring titles. Same thing happened with FPS's, MMOs, etc etc.. It's not about any of the genre, it's about creativity and execution. And from everything I've seen, LoG has it. Fingers crossed that it doesn't suck. Anyone remember their tech demo from 10+ years ago called Escape from Dragon Mountain?  

News Comments > Rovio Acquires Futuremark Games Studio
10. Re: Rovio Acquires Futuremark Games Studio Mar 27, 2012, 15:03 LittleMe

I thought SH was a good 'first attempt' at a game. No, it was a great first attempt. Sorry to see FM sell them off, but I guess I can't blame them. They probably got a good offer.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Plans
25. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 22:22 LittleMe

Nate wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 20:00:
Have they stopped the cheaters yet? Stopped playing BF3 when that hit.

It seems better now, yes.

I for one am enjoying BF3 more than BC2. I'm only playing on the Oman 24/7 map servers for the past few weeks. BF3 isn't perfect, but I feel I've gotten my money's worth for a $43 pre-order. And in vanilla BF2, VOIP wasn't used or very helpful. Insurgency mode in Project Reality is a better game type than BF3 conquest.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
14. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 00:25 LittleMe

Great news!! Congrats to AH. I hope they do well and make an even better sequel!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 23, 2012, 18:00 LittleMe

Yeah the comments are informative. Apparently this is undoing some of the economic stifling regulations that were enacted after the dot com crash and other stuffs.

IMO it was the 401k laws that greatly encouraged many millions of people to put their retirement savings into the gambling stock markets. This is one cause of the stock market bubbles we are seeing because it creates artificial demand.

News Comments > More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
16. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 16:47 LittleMe

Well if they didn't offer a payment system like this then the community would create a black market and ArenaNet/NCSoft wouldn't get any of that revenue. No matter what they do, games like this are pay to win for people willing to pay. So why not embrace some of that and make some money for the developer/publisher in the process?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Microsoft Bans Internal Purchases of Mac and iPad. Mar 21, 2012, 18:22 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 13:04:
Alamar wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 13:00:
Your comment makes me think you didn't read more than the headline...

Read the end of my initial comment. I read it, I was just likening it to a few different situations. I understand why they're doing it, I just see it as futile. If their employees are using those devices for workflow and consumer interaction then their internal problems go beyond how its presented publicly. I get why they're doing it but they need to address the root problem - something Metro still doesn't do.

No, they don't need to address the root problem by improving their product. They can make it company policy to not use company funds to buy their competitor's product and that's a completely reasonable thing to do. Alamar was correct. Your first post clearly read as if you didn't understand the what the article was saying.

IT, & Operations Group may be putting a policy in place that will block employees from using internal funds to purchase Apple products.

The change makes sense to not allow internal Microsoft funds to be used on competitor products

It isn't about forbidding MS employees from buying or owning and using Apple products. It's about them using company money to buy them.

edit: Sent from my PC.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2012, 18:27.

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
7. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 21:27 LittleMe

Narf2029 wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 21:11:
I'm still waiting for actual definitive evidence that proves this link.

This is politics, not science. It's about passing laws that sound wonderful with good intentions and promising a utopian society. The truth is they deliver the opposite because they don't solve the real problems but act as if they do while institutionalizing their own violent solutions. The power of government is ultimately based on violence. We should put warning labels on all government buildings saying that they obtain their money through threatened or actual violence and that they are the ones with the global violent military empire.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Was the AntiSec Hacking Spree an FBI Front All Along? Mar 18, 2012, 19:21 LittleMe

Thanks Blue!

Say something like this on BN forums here and the propagandized & conditioned zombies here will unleash vicious personal attacks while providing no evidence to contrary. At the same time their overtones imply the feds are having a sort of fantasy romantic love affair with them.

News Comments > Grim Dawn Trailer
5. Re: Grim Dawn Trailer Mar 16, 2012, 23:19 LittleMe

Looks beyond alpha to me. More like beta stage. I'm glad they are taking time to do this right and not rushing it out the door, but still want to play it!  

4614 Comments. 231 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo