Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4728 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 2, 2013, 19:39 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 12:21:
it's been proven time and time again that it's only a person who can fall while big biz remains unscathed.

Yes that's collectivism summed up. But really all they've done is delay the inevitable. It -will- all fail and it will be a huge crash. They've bet the farm, so to speak... See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZTlsDepd08

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 2, 2013, 07:18 LittleMe

Bard wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 23:20:
hmmm. That stuff would be nice, but what's needed is not individual, but corporate corruption.

getting one person in trouble achieves nothing, exposing the activity of a corporation however, makes shit happen.

Yeah. Even more important is exposing the activity of the banking cartel (fed reserve), not just BoA. This may or may not be a good step in that direction.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots
12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots Mar 1, 2013, 13:10 LittleMe

I thought the outdoor screenshots looked weak, graphically. The pub looks great with so many unique NPC's. The more sandboxy they make the game, the better, imo. I mean, I still want a quest line progression of course. I thought Skyrim nailed that balance. And I'm fine with CDP:R competing directly with Bethesda. Their post launch support blows Bethesda out of the water. It's just that their games I don't enjoy as much, so far. But that could easily change. They keep improving by leaps and bounds.  

News Comments > Hybris Announced
1. Re: Hybris Announced Mar 1, 2013, 11:57 LittleMe

Oh yeah great game. Played it twenty five years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QBStOhiIzA Love the music.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:00:
Wow, those assholes at Cisco must be laughing all the way to the bank.

And what about the assholes at the federal and state governments who made it all happen? This is the sort of idiocy that happens when politics dictates the deployment of Internet service. Yet time and time again I see well intended people online insisting the feds take over the Internet. What a nightmare that would be.

Now we see a small glimpse of the lunacy that was President Obama's initial stimulus package in 2009. It wasn't actual, real, stimulus.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 26, 2013, 03:10 LittleMe

Yeah I agree with both of you. But the conversation digressed.

Crawford herself acknowledges this, arguing "America needs more people who can calmly and rationally oppose the free-marketeer rhetoric."

What a loaded statement. And it shows a disconnect between her thinking and reality. The reality is that we don't have a free market when it comes to Internet access. Also she loads the statement by using the word 'marketeer' which insidiously implies overly exploitative intent. The opposite is true. We've been overly exploited by the Duopoly. If we had choice, we could more often choose the least exploitative provider.

Crawford's sweeping indictment of big business is unlikely to find a sympathetic ear among conservatives or libertarians.

The article writer Timothy B. Lee is rather wrong here. Libertarians do not want or support government-backed big business.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 10:55 LittleMe

Rather than advocating a focus on constraining the power of broadband duopolists, she calls for a broad increase in government involvement in the communications industry. That approach didn't work very well the last time we tried it in the mid-20th Century. And it would likely work even worse today.

Well said! She's an opportunist looking to 'create jobs' regulating things when it wouldn't work and would cost a lot of money. I wonder what her conflicts of interests are in advocating further federal regulatory powers over the Internet when she herself was an adviser to Obama. Hmmmm. Let me guess... She wants an appointed job and to be the center of attention at dinner parties??

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2013, 10:44 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 10:16:
They'll probably make a killing, there aren't a ton of decent ARPGs on the consoles. I've long held the opinion that console consumers in general are less demanding and discerning than PC consumers. More likely to blindly buy products and less likely to be tuned into problems about them.

Yeah they'll make a lot of money on the consoles, I think. IMO, console gamers are more demanding in many ways. I doubt they'd put up with ARMA 2, or lots of other high maintenance games that we do. They also want expensive presentation. They want things simple and straightforward, and that can be expensive to produce. But I'm no developer so.... But yes, they're less discerning it seems.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Top Genachowski Replacement Candidate Former Cable Lobbyist. Feb 23, 2013, 13:00 LittleMe

Corporatism.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
3. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 11:29 LittleMe

Awesome.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 16, 2013, 23:07 LittleMe

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 19:30:
A longer than 1 year product cycle means that they don't develop new technology as fast as nvidia does.. but they need that extra year to get their broken as hell drivers working with their latest products. It's like they are handing nvidia the entire desktop market.. weird

Their 7970 drivers updates made big improvements over 2012 and now the cards match the GTX 680 in performance. I used a 5870 for years and the drivers were not 'broken as hell' for me.. But I did jump ship to green a year ago!

News Comments > DayZ Update
7. Re: DayZ Update Feb 16, 2013, 22:54 LittleMe

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 21:59:
The standalone product's engine won't satisfy players. People who have come to BI's engine thanks to DayZ probably expect some huge improvements to the engine for the standalone, but they don't realise that when BI say they're going to make improvements it's all very understated.

If it's lucky it'll feature ported features from VBS, but that's about it. BI have supported their products wonderfully over the years. The problem is most of that support is band aiding and tiny incremental improvements of the dated engine.

They need to throw out all of the code related to animation and player movement and start over. Keep the player's view attached to the head, independent of the gun (unlike every other FPS) but quit relying on the peculiar movement system where animations cannot be paused once they're initiated. Will BI discard something that has been present in their engine since the late 1990s? No. By now it's probably reams of uncommented mess that no one could even begin to unravel or correct.

I agree with with what you say there, especially the first two paragraphs. But I think they will and indeed are starting to throw out the old clunky code for animations, etc that's burdened us for so long. Maybe for DayZ II they will make an entirely new engine but I'm guessing that's only if sales are very good.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Push for online sales taxes picks up steam in Congress. Feb 16, 2013, 03:26 LittleMe

Linksil wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 23:08:
I think there needs to be a national online sales tax. BUT they can only put it towards providing real (See google fiber quality) internet at low/no cost nation wide. Not just as kickbacks to other companys/utilities.

That's because you think such a plan would work. The feds already collect money and subsidize Internet and it's been a huge failure. So since it's failed, lets expand that? I agree with Rattlehead. A national online sales tax as you propose it, is little more than a national ripoff sales tax that would fatten big corporate bank accounts.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Cinnamon Desktop... Feb 15, 2013, 23:23 LittleMe

Here's a decent review of Cinnamon desktop.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/11/linux-mint-14-with-cinnamon-desktop-review

I'm not sure but I think Fedora 18 was not one of the better releases and had problems..? I forget now. That's the thing, linux distributions are always in flux.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Push for online sales taxes picks up steam in Congress. Feb 15, 2013, 22:48 LittleMe

"While store owners collect and remit state and local sales taxes their digital competitors are off the hook -- and benefiting because of it,"

What's not being talked about is that the costs of government 'services' for online sales are also much less, but now they'll be taxed the same as if they were a storefront. Online sales should not be taxed at the same level, if they were fair about it. But no this is about government greed and failed central planning.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
4. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 14, 2013, 20:50 LittleMe

IMO the skiing dominates the gameplay too much. And without skiing the maps are too big to play. I found the shooting and gameplay kind of boring and I didn't like the aerial vechiles. I appreciate a degree of polish they put in the game.  

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
29. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 16:56 LittleMe

Gamebryo would be fine if Bethesda invested a few hundred or few thousand hours of highly skilled developer time into it. Alas, it is now it's a nightmare to deal with. Real shame because it's so very moddable and the community is used to working with it.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2013, 16:41 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 13:30:
Aliens: Shit Sandwich.

They can't print that!

News Comments > On Sale - Steam Adds Weekly Deals
5. Re: On Sale - Steam Adds Weekly Deals Feb 12, 2013, 03:35 LittleMe

I've avoided WoW for eight+ years.. $5 is tempting, even if for only 30 days.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 10, 2013, 21:47 LittleMe

Saboth wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 20:35:
That might be their target, but conservative's have "violent media" squarely in their sights, attempting to deflect the blame on gun violence from guns to anything but, including video games.

IMO neither the guns or games are the real cause, but the violent fascist society we've become. Insanity induced violence is everywhere in one form or another. Banning either one won't make much of a difference, and could make it worse.

4728 Comments. 237 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo