Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4789 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 00:43 LittleMe

The Feds likely view him as worse than a foreign spy because he didn't try to steal secrets, no.. He exposed and challenged the legitimacy of the entire operation.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta Next Week
14. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 18:12 LittleMe

Sir Graves wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 16:38:
I'm currently upgrading my aging rig solely for this game, just based on my time with the Alpha since March. First title that's pushed me to truly want to upgrade in years. It's that good (if you dig this sort of thing anyway).

THIS was an important part of what PC gaming used to be about: Upgrading our PC's to play the best games. Wolf3d, Doom, Quake then BF1942, BF2... etc.. It's sort of like an RPG quest. Go get the money, buy the PC, build it, install game, profit.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video Jun 21, 2013, 00:22 LittleMe

Awesome. Huge plus over BF3. Maybe it needs a 5-10 min delay to minimize cheating with it.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2013, 23:48 LittleMe

Acleacius wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 23:35:
Anyone playing TSW or going to buy, I'm gonna pull the trigger on it, since it's now Pay Once, Play Forever like GW2?

Here's what I've heard/read while trying to decide. It was rushed out like Age of Conan, in a beta state which caused many negative reviews. Now they done much to fix the initial release problems, though the animations still suffer some. I'm hearing it's Story Heavy, Voiced Dialog, Exploration and Puzzle Solving. The puzzles are apparently pretty complex like breaking Morse Code, Deciphering Hebrew texts and has a built in Web Browser tool to help.

The different weapons are guns (pistols, machine guns and shotguns), magic (Chaos, Blood and Elementalism), Swords and Fists. There are no levels and apparently it's possible unlock all skills (though from what I've read it's a waste of time) but you really only need enough for the few preferred builds. Apparently you can combine any weapons and magic and combat has active dodging similar to GW2.

If anyone has anything to add, I'd appreciated it as I'm getting a little board with GW2 and single player releases atm.

I'm not playing it right now but you're mostly correct here. It's a unique MMO that succeeded the most in -not- being WoW. There are levels. It's very atmospheric in a good way. The story writing is great. Voice acting is great. Combat is fun, but sometimes frustratingly difficult. You learn from mistakes in combat and can prevail. Quests are great. It's a hardcore MMO, imo. (MMOimo?).

If you're curious about it.. Just get it!

edit: but yes, it has some nagging issues and isn't among the best MMOs, I suppose.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2013, 00:03.

News Comments > Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2
10. Re: Bethesda Breaks Silence on Prey 2 Jun 19, 2013, 23:42 LittleMe

Maybe they learned lessons from those previous games and don't want to further tarnish their public image..? Yeah throwing a ton of money at it and it sucking, sucks majorly.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
90. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 21:19 LittleMe

wasteoid wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 20:28:
Only days ago, Major Nelson was interviewed and appeared to argue that it was not easy to disable the 24-hour DRM check:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RtSGFryKwo#t=11m13s

Obviously, it was as easy as the interviewer claimed, just a switch to flip (asshole mode = false).

To me, Nelson comes across as pushy, angry, arrogant, defensive and confrontational in that interview.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Rumor
22. Re: Fallout 4 Rumor Jun 18, 2013, 16:33 LittleMe

Fingers crossed that Bethesda will actually finish and polish the game this time. Yeah, and, forget the last gen consoles, or at least down-port to them please.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 18, 2013, 14:58 LittleMe

Pigeon wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:10:
The cable companies have been straight out litigious to stop the spread of broadband. Bottom line is they don't want to spend the money to improve their service and they don't want any competition coming in and doing what they won't do.

They have the support of you and I to thank for it. Have we opposed the locally government granted franchises (monopoly) at town/county hearings? This is your government doing the job that you want by stamping out competition.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 14:49 LittleMe

Bodolza wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:06:
Oh for sure, but just giving up our rights because some in power want to go the totalitarian route isn't the answer either.

Lord forgive me for responding to TrollinThundr, but here we go.

This is a classic straw-man argument. Neither side supports this. Who on this board, or anywhere else, advocates doing nothing when rights are taken away? Even those that support the governments monitoring program say it's because it (debatably) follows due process as established in the Constitution. Do you really only see conservatives upset at government monitoring? Are you aware that the ACLU, who's entire mission is to uphold the constitution, is perceived as a leftist organization? Why do you insist on constantly saying stupid stuff like this?

You've also completely failed to address the issue being discussed, which is the libertarian disconnect from reality.

RollinThundr's comment didn't read as a strawman argument to me. On the contrary your post reads like meaningless nonsense, because that's exactly what both parties are endorsing whole heartedly - the path to totalitarian rule.

And yes, some of us are indeed expecting the system to collapse. It almost happened in 2008. Each time the tide rises higher on these economic collapses. The next one will hopefully end this federal fascist insanity.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2013, 14:55.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 18, 2013, 14:02 LittleMe

Is corporatism holding back superfast broadband adoption?

Fixed.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
43. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 01:01 LittleMe

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 00:26:
it seems men are more offended by sexism then women, which I find weird.

Might be true. After all we're the ones being labeled, attacked and shamed for it. Primal instincts are taboo? We're in the age of body denial. Reminders that we're animals and/or mortal is shunned and hidden away.

I feel that as long as their dignity is in tact and they are honored then all is good. You can know this anti-sexist movement is wrong when they take it too seriously. Acceptance is the path to enlightenment.

Sperm is cheap. That's the problem right there! A woman wants one man to help in child rearing but a man can impregnate many, many women. xD So we look at every pretty woman as possible breeding material (I speak for myself). This offends some women to be looked at so superficially.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
5. Re: Sunday Interviews Jun 17, 2013, 00:37 LittleMe

While they are adding lots of content to the game, are they forgetting to focus on what makes a game fun, as BiS is known to do? Is the zombie AI improving? Are they incorporating the better ideas that the community has already improved upon original DayZ? hmmm

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 14, 2013, 22:19 LittleMe

The Yahoo ruling, from 2008, shows the company argued that the order violated its users’ Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures. The court called that worry “overblown.”

“Notwithstanding the parade of horribles trotted out by the petitioner, it has presented no evidence of any actual harm, any egregious risk of error, or any broad potential for abuse,” the court said, adding that the government’s “efforts to protect national security should not be frustrated by the courts.”

Wow. That's entirely backwards from how the Constitution reads. So now they can systematically violate our human and constitutional rights and a corporation that doesn't fully represent our interests has to prove that it harms us in a secret court out of the public's eye? Wow. Amerika fuk yeah!! I don't recall the Constitution saying that harm needed proving! Rather it says these are inalienable rights.

If many of us are right in that nine one one was grossly misrepresented to us, that makes all this that much more more absurd. Beyond absurd.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 14, 2013, 22:03 LittleMe

So will any authorities go to PRISN for PRISM? Not.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 14, 2013, 14:24 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:18:
There is no need to make a new law for that. ANY unregistered gun is illegal, it doesn't matter where it was manufactured or HOW it was manufactured.

So the point of the law is to make people feel good. The man behind the curtain is revealed.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 14, 2013, 00:08 LittleMe

The mind fights having to reevaluate a situation, because it saves energy, and because the ego forms a false-self around identifying with world views. So when someone questioned their views, they fought back as a sort of retaliation for self preservation. Identifying with political views is ego.

Another way of saying that is that it was immature and idiotic to call people conspiracy theorists or tin foil hat wearers or whatever. It was a way to shut down conversation, resorting to personal attacks on the character of the individual. I'm not talking about %0.0001 of the population, but one into the millions of people who continue to try to raise the cry for awareness that evil forces are in power and that it's a lot more complicated and sinister than just 'those evil corporations.'

News Comments > No BF4 Mod Support
17. Re: No BF4 Mod Support Jun 13, 2013, 23:51 LittleMe

Closed Betas wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 23:41:
a memory that will last a lifetime as it all happened in the course of about 8-12 seconds Of course, with everyone on a knive only server, my medal meant nothing to no one.... they had expert already.. <sniff>

Be nothing to no one!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 12, 2013, 23:14 LittleMe

I'm glad that the widespread spying is again getting some limelight. I also feel a little like this is a red herring issue. Sure, it's unacceptable and potentially very dangerous to us. But the continuing Fed-caused economic woes we are suffering are much more pertinent and dire.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Nvidia says Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are great news for gaming PCs. Jun 12, 2013, 22:41 LittleMe

True. OT but I consider nV capable of releasing a successful console considering their hardware and software prowess, as well as their strong developer ties. But I'm an outsider looking in. Their name brand recognition is not as high, but not too low either.

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Begins
5. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Begins Jun 12, 2013, 22:22 LittleMe

Congrats to Trion Worlds. No p2w! Awesome.

Yeah, LOTRO has, imo, better and unique environs from what I've seen so far. Seems like Rift has some things going for it also.

4789 Comments. 240 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo