Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4807 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 4, 2013, 01:01 LittleMe

First it was the TV news and politicians in the late 80's and 90's that told us more police were what we wanted, in our TV hypnotized trance. Then the many TV cop shows glorified the police in their fictional propaganda-like scripts where they always catch the bad guy and always have our best interests at heart. Why not games too!?!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition Jul 4, 2013, 00:43 LittleMe

Lately I've been playing the original 360 version on a friend's console. It's really good. I had no idea it was coming to PC! Awesomeness. I'm guessing this bodes well for Infamous on PC, too?

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 2, 2013, 23:13 LittleMe

CNNís Political Ticker Hacked, Fake Bitcoin Operator Story Published.

Of all things to post post they chose that?!?! Boring!

News Comments > Ubisoft Breached
6. Re: Ubisoft Breached Jul 2, 2013, 23:04 LittleMe

ldonyo wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 22:36:
The sad part is that almost every one of these could have been prevented by simply keeping up with patches and/or (in the case of Sony) implementing network security to begin with. Not one of these has been because of some kind of uber-hack or incredibly sophisticated attack. In almost every case it has been laziness in system administration or sloppiness in customer service that provided the keys to the kingdom, so to speak.

Yes. Often it's not laziness but a failure of management to care about it. The staff that does this sort of work is often under paid, overworked, over managed and isn't listened to.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2013, 13:56 LittleMe

InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 11:02:
Snowden's got some serious problems, not the least of which is his getting involved with Wikileaks and their legal team. At this point he would be better served by returning to the United States and facing whatever comes.

What?!?! Easy for you to say.

InBlack wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 11:02:
A public trial where he would undoubtedly be found guilty would do much to discredit the surveilance state. Its a terrible sacrifice though...

He wouldn't get a public trial. But yes, his sacrifice would do something to discredit the surveillance state. Though I can understand his unwillingness to hang himself on the cross for our sins.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2013, 13:08 LittleMe

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2013, 12:24:
It's not about gross tax, it's about net tax.

If your base tax is 40%, but EOY you only pay 5%, that last # is the real number. We continue to be lied/manipulated by reporting the first base number. My company only publicly states they pay the big base % as by law, but looking at their public tax records, their net result is under 5%. They cry and whine like they only pay the base amount publicly, making avg joe Republicans come to their defense. Being played the foo.

Right so lets abolish income tax and the people, not corporations, who pay a much larger percentage would win. No really, the income tax is backwards and has failed as you point out.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 30, 2013, 01:34 LittleMe

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 17:02:
Julio wrote on Jun 29, 2013, 15:54:
The challenge will be getting internet providers to sell new technology, especially for us stuck in a virtual monopoly ISP situation enforced by the government.
What monopoly? In America there are plenty of choices (though they all pretty much suck balls)

Local duopolys, but monopoly works also since phone service was deemed separate from cable TV service. It's a 20th century legacy that holds us back now.

This is basic common knowledge that choice of Internet service is very limited here. Typically people demonize the corporations that benefit from government-backed duopolies, but rarely will you see people see closer to the root problem that it is a government created situation where free competition is outlawed. Julio citing the root cause was refreshing.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jun 27, 2013, 21:24 LittleMe

From where I'm sitting, it looks like Gearbox's past-launch support of BL2 has been great. Great game, and one of the very few I bought at full price in '12. I want more, please.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 27, 2013, 20:21 LittleMe

deqer wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 12:58:
they act on that knowledge for their better interest; not for our interest.

As in, they make a sequel or additional DLC for us to play? Their interest is selling more copies of the game and will do so as long as we buy them. But yes, with the feds spying on everyone, where that information they gather goes is a concern for the user. Vote with the wallet.

I do see that MS does get overly greedy sometimes though. The market has spoken loud and clear that MS made bad decisions with both Windows 8 and Xbone. They still must provide a good service, otherwise the customer can go elsewhere.

then think they can do shit like DRM on their entire console because "well, people will buy it because it's how you get Halo."

They can, but their market position would suffer and they'd lose money if they stuck their heads in the sand and ignored what the customer wants by acting like a monopoly. MS is not a gaming monopoly. What you seem to be making into a problem is something that the market is already sorting out all by itself.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2013, 20:27.

1. Sloppiness in the Snowden extradition request to HK. Jun 27, 2013, 13:57 LittleMe

Slowly breaking the illusion that government is always right, all powerful, all knowing and all seeing, but rather run by incompetent, greedy and childish attention-seeking, violent and paranoid narcissists.

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
10. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 26, 2013, 22:02 LittleMe

It must have been raining because he finally discharged in water. Good luck Todd.  

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta Begins
7. Re: Arma 3 Beta Begins Jun 25, 2013, 12:52 LittleMe

YAY!! This doesn't look like much of a bump in content over the alpha. Will play to see.

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 12:22:
I got one of those Korean ones everyone was raving about a few months back for like 400.00..lol.

I was tempted to get one until I saw that they probably wouldn't last more than a year.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 24, 2013, 23:52 LittleMe

Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 23:40:
Oh please. He's just saying what people want to hear before Hillary's run in 2016. Obama said the same thing in 2007 and 2008 to get the nomination.

Oh very likely true!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 24, 2013, 23:46 LittleMe

Yeah wow. I like that states compete for businesses but raw tax credits are my least favorite way to do it. Why not better services or better incentives for people to want to live there? Lower crime risks, better environment, more reliable power, etc...?  

16. Re: US gov makes moody their bitch in retaliation vs HongKong Jun 24, 2013, 15:02 LittleMe

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 14:25:
So moodys just downrated Hongkong banks, now you know which rating agency is a gov controlled FUD factory.

Link to Story

The comment thread there is golden. TY.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jun 24, 2013, 13:45 LittleMe

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 11:16:
I'll use them...

to get a steam code. Same with gamefly.

I was about to buy LOTR: War in the North until I learned that you have to have their client installed to get the steam code. Not going to happen. I used to like Impulse a lot, but I don't blame them for selling it off. They probably got a great selling price.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2013, 02:23 LittleMe

If we had ceremonies or parades all around the country that celebrated Snowden that would be cool. I believe there's more we don't know. What a better place the country would be if more people did the same.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2013, 02:35.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 24, 2013, 02:14 LittleMe

Surprisingly, I'm sometimes a fan of B Clinton. There are some great quotes in that article.

"You can destroy freedom with false claims that you have to do it to make everybody secure, but usually when somebody's doing it, they don't give a rip about security, they're just trying to get more power.

+1 THIS.

It is this seeking of power that should be perceived as a big warning flag.

Power doesn't satisfy for long, so they'll need more and more of it, similar to compulsive shopping or hoarding. It's a destructive pursuit similar to a drug addiction.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2013, 00:43 LittleMe

The Feds likely view him as worse than a foreign spy because he didn't try to steal secrets, no.. He exposed and challenged the legitimacy of the entire operation.

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta Next Week
14. Re: Arma 3 Beta Next Week Jun 21, 2013, 18:12 LittleMe

Sir Graves wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 16:38:
I'm currently upgrading my aging rig solely for this game, just based on my time with the Alpha since March. First title that's pushed me to truly want to upgrade in years. It's that good (if you dig this sort of thing anyway).

THIS was an important part of what PC gaming used to be about: Upgrading our PC's to play the best games. Wolf3d, Doom, Quake then BF1942, BF2... etc.. It's sort of like an RPG quest. Go get the money, buy the PC, build it, install game, profit.

4807 Comments. 241 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo