Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4807 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Layoffs
4. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Layoffs Aug 28, 2013, 21:02 LittleMe

Panickd wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 20:57:
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this because besides Planetside 2 and EQ Next what the fuck, exactly, has Sony Online Entertainment been focusing on? Global leader? Please. You're a "used to be" at best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Online_Entertainment#Games

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lost Planet 3 Aug 27, 2013, 23:03 LittleMe

I'm hearing it's a good game except the consolitis at the end. Will play it, eventually.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 27, 2013, 13:36 LittleMe

I wish we had such intensive media focus on government violence. Oh and yes, we can suspect the feds for attacking .cn.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 27, 2013, 13:28 LittleMe

This is just nationalistic e-peen waving statistic crap. That said, nowhere does the article mention our failed duopoly wired internet system.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 12:13 LittleMe

Milk that tragic event!! Milk it!  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2013, 12:11 LittleMe

Yeah but try raising over $9000!

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
6. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 13:36 LittleMe

They are saving it on 1541 disk drives and that will take six months to save the whole game.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 24, 2013, 18:56 LittleMe

IIRC they said it will be available for PC early 2014. I want that one.  

News Comments > Steve Ballmer to Retire
34. Re: Steve Ballmer to Retire Aug 23, 2013, 15:50 LittleMe

Good news I hope!

IMO the biggest failures of Microsoft have consistently been that they get complacent then get overly greedy and ruin what is a good thing. The Xbone is the latest and perhaps best example of this.

Another example being the DX10 debacle. Up until that point, the DirectX's were a steady and consistently improving and the market loved it. Then they got overly greedy and killed the goose that laid the golden egg with DX10 in several ways. So they got a new goose, DX11 and so far, so good. But now they are back at it, dropping Win7 from future DX's? Anyway this is just an example..

There are other examples where they get overly greedy and ruin things. Win8's forced tablet UI is another.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Obama’s “outside experts” surveillance review panel has deep ties to gov’t. Aug 22, 2013, 23:37 LittleMe

They did the same with the nine eleven commission. They do this song & dance to show a thin facade of legitimacy. It stinks to high heaven and makes them look guilty. Same game, same tune, different players.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2013, 13:30 LittleMe

Maybe everyone in the world checked their local movie showtimes at the, well, same time.  

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 14:55 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:45:
Microsoft DMCAing OpenOffice is just ridiculous, how could they think that one would fly?

Fund my political campaign and I'll help you get a DMCA takedown on whoever you want! Protection money!

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 14:35 LittleMe

They're trying to hold up the house of cards. The more they try, the more it can fail. Freedom of the press my ass.

9. Re: Mozilla Aug 19, 2013, 14:23 LittleMe

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:03:
Essentially, I want a browser that actually does something to better the shitty privacy situation.

I sympathize, especially with the US govt behaving as it does, however the Internet was never designed to be private. It's a public network of networks. I'm sure all sorts of 'privacy laws' are being passed all around the world but such laws won't work except to add bureaucratic red tape to people doing what they do.

In my opinion it's not a privacy issue. It's a liberty issue. So what if they know what sites I go to. It's what they do with that information that potentially scares me. Not in a privacy way, but in a 'government oppression shit-list' way. I guess the two are connected..

edit: as exactly what happened with the other news story here today that blue linked to titled "Partner of The Guardian’s NSA leaks reporter is detained for 9 hours at airport."

So for me the deeper concern isn't privacy, but rather what the authorities do with the information to terrorize the public.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2013, 14:51.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance.
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance. Aug 18, 2013, 14:50 LittleMe

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 12:07:
What do you mean how easy? You sneeze at it. The entire codebase should be nuked from orbit.

Obligatory response.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 16:05 LittleMe

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 12:56:
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?! Seriously, grow a pair, man up, figure out your living in the real world and not some fantasy based on a peice of paper created 200+ years ago

Try that logic when you are being tried for a crime. Say to the judge "OMG what are you thinking?!?! Seriously grow a pair and man up and stop living in your fantasy land where people never rob banks based on some stupid piece of paper written hundreds of years ago!!"

Of course they spy, true. But saying that the 'Rule of Law' is not credible and that the authorities have the right to do whatever they want to isn't right either. Are we all property of the state, essentially slaves subordinate to people who declare themselves gods, above whimsical and tyrannical laws applied to the rest of us?

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend
6. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 17, 2013, 13:03 LittleMe

Free weekend isn't working for me. I click the link on the steam news page and it doesn't install.

edit: oh now it's working. Finally popped up the steam install dialog.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2013, 13:35.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2013, 12:29 LittleMe

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 12:00:
I think the difference between the two is I never feared the idea of Bush or the Republicans wanting some form of totalitarian control.

Really? To me it was rather clear. They did everything they possibly could towards that end. They terrorized the country and they terrorized the world.

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 12:00:
I fear that constantly with Liberals. It's not hard to see who Obama's surrounded himself with his entire life, from the racist reverend who's church pews he sat in for 20 years, to the Bill Ayers types and so on.

I'll ask again how's that Hopey changy shit working out for you?

Yeah well he's surrounded by industry and insiders, the exact opposite he said he'd do. It was a lie from the beginning. I didn't believe his BS. To me he's a transparent pathological liar.

Yeah the hopey changy or yes we can rhetoric... It's condescending. Really is the general public this gullible, stupid and so easy to control? I guess so. All thanks to government run education.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Announced
14. Re: Tropico 5 Announced Aug 15, 2013, 12:20 LittleMe

I'm disappointed that there's no mention of zombies in this highly anticipated sequel. Okay some Tropicans walk around like zombies but that's different.

News Comments > America's Army: Proving Grounds This Month
3. Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds This Month Aug 14, 2013, 23:42 LittleMe

Techie714 © wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 23:33:
Agree, but then a 1/4 of the U.S. economy would tank...even further.

Only temporarily as the economy readjusts. In the mid-long term the benefits would be huge because no longer would we be burdened with paying the bills. Our military is corporate welfare to help politically connected globalist corporations. There are other reasons why it's so extremely bloated, too.

4807 Comments. 241 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo