Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4744 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced
5. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Announced Jul 29, 2013, 16:54 LittleMe

Awesome. The engine improvements are essential. The clunky engine was holding gameplay back. I hope there will be a good selection of coop missions.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Why YouTube buffers: The secret deals that make—and break—online video. Jul 29, 2013, 14:15 LittleMe

Great article.

What threat do we have? We're going to make service bad for our customers? We're not going to do that. Some of the other cable companies are willing to do that, but we're not going to. Being the little guy, that's the competitive position, and that's the differentiation."

Yes, competition is a fundamental ingredient to net neutrality. Isn't it clear enough now that the Duopoly is damaging a free and open Internet? In my mind it's not really about network neutrality, the real cause is the monopolistic ISP's abusing their public trust position and getting away with it. I say public trust because their power is delivered by local government 'exclusivity' arrangements. In my mind the Internet is about openness and freedom. Government granted monopolies are not.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
14. Re: 7.7 Million WoW Subs Jul 26, 2013, 11:13 LittleMe

Prez wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 10:42:
That's ridiculously high for a game that old. Why anyone in the world would STILL be willing to pay 15 bucks a month to play this is simply beyond my comprehension.

This. Old games aren't worth as much.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 25, 2013, 22:56 LittleMe

Please oh please stop spying on us or we'll sign more petitions! I'm certain EU leaders are shaking in their boots!

Meanwhile Europeans continue to give more powers to EU leaders, same as how in the US we keep giving our powers to the feds and they then use what was ours, against us, to enrich their cronies.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Announced
6. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Announced Jul 25, 2013, 11:11 LittleMe

I'm actually afraid to play it. Success?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Man Wins Lawsuit Against Airport Security, Forces Them to Learn Fourth Amendment. Jul 23, 2013, 15:27 LittleMe

The TSA wants us to to be obedient cattle. Don't make a scene. Don't interfere with them. Don't utter 4th amendment nonsense. They're creating jobs and they will always vote for those who keep them employed!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 23, 2013, 14:37 LittleMe

Lots of thought crime going on here. Remember that the government loves you dearly and wants to give you a big hug!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 23, 2013, 00:44 LittleMe

Fantaz wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 20:02:
i think we're all getting too old for this console wars fanboy shit...

Intellivision or 2600!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2013, 11:35 LittleMe

Blue, awesome you've discovered pulled pork! When it's is done right, it's supposed to melt in your mouth it's so tender (when right off the pig). Also the meat should have a few minutes to absorb the sauce. Some restaurants leave the black (slightly burned meat) bits in the sandwich but I prefer none of that. North Carolina style isn't too popular but that's because most places don't do it right. I never got the ingredients that my friend used but his NC sauce was awesome. He used added something extra to it and it was the best bbq sauce I've ever had. The NC sauce at restaurants here doesn't compare so I go with red sauce or mustard bbq sauce.

Agree with Verno. A smoker is awesome.

That russian gas truck vid is good. Watch this aftermath vid - much better, especially around 1:35 when they start chaining off each other.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 19, 2013, 21:15 LittleMe

This comment in the story thread better expresses what I said above.

How is it voluntarily disclosing info to a 3rd party if there's no way to opt out? The telco is the intermediary that connects the two people involved, but we don't call the phone company up and tell them who we want to talk two, both of our geographic locations, and how long we'd like to talk to them.

The way I see it, if there's no consent from us or intent from us for the phone company to store the data, it's not theirs to do with as they want. I believe the data should be considered our property in that case so as to protect us from this 'third party doctrine' loophole.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 19, 2013, 20:51 LittleMe

the program does not involve "searches" of plaintiffs' persons or effects, because the collection of telephony metadata from the business records of a third-party telephone service provider, without collecting the contents of plaintiffs' communications, implicates no "legitimate expectation of privacy" that is protected by the Constitution.

They don't consider phone records as our 'effects'? Sure it's not our property but it is directly related to our essential daily activity. How do they define our effects?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. NSA head admits the agency made “huge set of mistakes” in 2009. Jul 19, 2013, 20:41 LittleMe

What a sack of lies. Zero credibility for you Mr. Federal Official.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 12:14 LittleMe

The console market is screaming for updated tech. People want to fully exploit their HD screens. Nintendo didn't deliver.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Campaign Details
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 21:47 LittleMe

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 16:31:
Bleh, any Battlefield single player campaign. Waste of resources.

Well the thinking is that the single player campaign generates its own sales so it pays for itself. But if you mean resources as developers, then maybe so. I don't know Dice's staff resources.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 16:31:
Especially when the single player campaign vehicle physics, FPS weapons etc. are all different from multiplayer. It literally hinders you rather than helps you for future multiplayer.

Oh yeah I guess from a technical standpoint yes the single player probably does hinder the MP game. A game solely focused on MP will probably be more focused, easier to work with and less resource intensive than one developed for both SP and MP.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 18, 2013, 21:22 LittleMe

LOL  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Shelving Paid Implants
4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Shelving Paid Implants Jul 18, 2013, 15:44 LittleMe

How about this idea: more fun game = mo money mo money mo money  

1. The cops are tracking my car—and yours. Jul 18, 2013, 12:37 LittleMe

That's why I'm a member of the ACLU. But what does privacy mean? Is it private to be in a public place and drive your car? What are the expectations? It becomes more difficult with how much freedom you have in public. What do folks define their privacy as?

There's a big difference between 'expectations of privacy' and 'dragnet surveillance.' Wait, it isn't a privacy issue at all, to me. It's one of our inalienable human rights being respected. So when he lumps it into the 'privacy' category he's creating a straw man argument.

This is NOT a privacy issue. It's about our forth amendment rights being violated. Perhaps they should not retain any data that isn't directly relevant to an open case involving specific LP's.

News Comments > Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for Windows
4. Re: Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut for Windows Jul 18, 2013, 11:56 LittleMe

Can't wait for this on PS4!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Windows Monopoly Is Getting Destroyed. Jul 18, 2013, 11:28 LittleMe

I like how they say the monopoly wasn't overcome by regulations but rather the much more powerful market. So true. But the phone market will mature more quickly, imo, and none of the other devices can truly replace a PC.

A risk here is that MS will start to believe misleading charts like the one in the article and lump Windows in the same category as phone and tablets (Win 8). I can see why they want the money, but a real traditional desktop still has a lot of value.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 13:36 LittleMe

Yeah if everyone did this it would be an inconvenience, to say the least. End to end encryption would help more, but that would be even more inconvenient. Why is no one talking about the large cash-producing feeding tube that keeps the NS.A afloat? The fed and their money printing presses? That is closer to the root cause of our woes.

4744 Comments. 238 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo