Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4825 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE Free Weekend
16. Re: RAGE Free Weekend Nov 22, 2013, 00:45 LittleMe

There were a few moments where I got a distinct DOOM vibe in Rage. Not all the time of course, but it was a nice surprise to get that. IMO the game is good and certainly worth at least $5 (and more) for FPS fans. I hope they continue the series as long as they improve upon it.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 20, 2013, 23:20 LittleMe

You can trust us with your privacy, and we'll be sure to destroy it. But yes, you can be foolish enough to trust us. To save some face, we sued the government after ambitiously and surreptitiously cooperating with them for a long time now. You don't even know the half of what we've done.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Double XP
1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Double XP Nov 20, 2013, 23:09 LittleMe

Guys the game is better with the new patch. Thank you for that! Enjoying it. Looking forward to the new upcoming map. Game isn't perfect but it's fun and the big battles can be rather epic.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Federal Reserve: While bitcoins hold “promise,” we have no regulatory authority. Nov 19, 2013, 17:24 LittleMe

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 15:53:
LittleMe wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 12:57:
That's the point of it. The Fed can't steal the value of them by inflating away the value. That's precisely why the coins are valuable. It's a decentralized currency. We don't want your stinking regulations!!!

I'm not really sure why the anti-government types have it out for the federal reserve. We haven't had unhealthy inflation in this country since the 70s. What other federal agency can claim 30 years of success?

The interesting thing here is that technology has created a speculative instrument that it is impossible to regulate. How long before hedge funds start encoding their assets in a similar way? Next time Wall Street tanks our economy, we might not even know who did it.

That's not true. We have suffered a lot of inflation as well as bubbles and bursts. The price inflation has also been hidden because they play very complicated games with how they do it and that we've exported our inflation because we have the petro-dollar. This is not anti-government. The Fed isn't the government! We aren't even allowed to audit them or even know who they are. No agency of government can over-rule them.

Ever considered that the seemingly high prices of the coins is because there's huge demand out there for a currency that can't be destroyed and manipulated as ours has? There's good reason to speculate on them.

Yes, I am implying that the situation is worse than we see now. The next bubble to pop I believe will be the value of our money, not real estate or the stock market as in the past. They've pumped trillions of money out of thin air into the economy and it's only a matter of time before the dam bursts and we have an awakening as to the shell game we've been playing with this fake money.

Please, take a few hours to learn more about these Fed notes (it's not really money) and the valid criticisms of the system, especially since we all spend so much of our lives working for them.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2013, 15:34 LittleMe

He's doing exactly what those who put him there wanted him to do. In that regard he's doing a great job!! His campaign was corporate propaganda and liberal rhetoric nonsense backed by nothing. Nevermind that his legacy is a trail of broken promises and a disillusioned populace.  

5. Federal Reserve: While bitcoins hold “promise,” we have no regulatory authority. Nov 19, 2013, 12:57 LittleMe

That's the point of it. The Fed can't steal the value of them by inflating away the value. That's precisely why the coins are valuable. It's a decentralized currency. We don't want your stinking regulations!!!  

News Comments > Fallout 4 TMed
31. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 19:47 LittleMe

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 19:04:
While I agree it's better for the amount of items, it's just easier with the Workshop.

Easier yes but Workshop is much more limited. That's what people use when they just want easy 'one click' mod installs. There's a price to pay for such simplicity. Even Nexus Mod Manager is limited compared to Wrye Bash, Mod Organizer and TES5edit.

20. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 17:09 LittleMe

Bumpy wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 16:34:
Hope they are using a new engine and not continuing to milk the current one.

The current engine would be fine as long as they spend a lot of time fixing it's numerous failings. Really, Creation engine is fantastic for modding but it's very buggy and it needs a lot of work to fix. Also, 64bits is long overdue! I somehow doubt Bethesda is willing to invest in it which is a real shame (on them).

10. Re: Fallout 4 TMed Nov 17, 2013, 15:33 LittleMe

It's Oblivion with guns, then removed and then added back in again!!  

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
9. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 15:49 LittleMe

Yeah it looks really clunky with those bad animations and re-used sounds. It's disappointing they've made so little progress on the actual gameplay. I like the new action bar though. I think the problem with this vid is it's not focusing on what they've actually improved. But that axe animation is terribad and who holds one sideways like that?! In Amerika we hold the sharp edge facing away or down! AAaaand we don't look back at explosions.  

News Comments > World of Warplanes Takes Off
14. Re: World of Warplanes Takes Off Nov 13, 2013, 20:29 LittleMe

It's a good game, I just hate how the camera is tied to controls so that if you want to turn hard you are facing backwards and can't see where you are flying. Fun game though and they've done a quality job to say the least. I'm very interested in the land/tank side of the game whenever that's available!  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 2, 2013, 16:55 LittleMe

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 13:27:
The only thing that drives me nuts about YT right now is having to manually set the screen rez on every video, instead of a global setting saved somewhere (or am I missing one???).

Yes the new rez selection method is bad and buggy. 320p for every vid when I open it. They trying to cut bandwidth costs? That's my conclusion. And selecting 720 or 1080p often locks up the video because the rez is changed while the vid is playing and now YT doens't like that. Then I have to refresh the page to try again.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 2, 2013, 16:40 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2013, 15:26:
Anyone playing it yet?

Yes I'm not having as many problems as the reviewer. I think his score was an over reaction. It's a fun game! But it's so arcadey and I still feel that the maps are designed around 32 players more than 64. I love the spectator mode and the game is silky smooth at 120hz for me on a 680 oc on mostly high settings. For me, Project Reality (for BF2) is a much better game. I want a deeper game experience. Also the client-side hit reg is still bothersome and for those sensitive to it, they will hate BF4. What a waste of a fantastic game engine on such a narrow arcadey experience. So much more could be done with it if we could mod it.

But it's a good game and I recommend it for BF/COD fans. All I'm talking about here is the MP, not SP.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2013, 16:45.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
22. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 24, 2013, 20:13 LittleMe

I agree that AMD is behind nV on the top performance tier after finally beating (raw performance) the 780/titan after this amount of time. But price/performance wise they are competing.

I'm buying a monitor now and the nV's lightboost is a very nice feature for eliminating motion blur (120hz). I need to do more research but I don't think AMD has something similar do they?

edit: yes it works with AMD cards apparently! http://tinyurl.com/l83z882

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2013, 02:11.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Battlefield 4 Loves High Speed Memory. Oct 22, 2013, 12:34 LittleMe

Looks like more of a bug than it genuinely needing 2400mhz memory, especially considering how the 5760x1200 test showed even better results (it shouldn't).

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 9, 2013, 13:48 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 13:31:
Do your inane ramblings actually even make sense to yourself? Or do you just stare in a mirror all day and smile at how pretty that string of drool hanging from your bottom lip looks?

What you are doing is called narcissistic projection. Displacing onto me what you yourself are doing. In doing so, you try to suck everyone around you into your miserable existence with personal attacks and constant complaining. Troll.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 9, 2013, 13:28 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:26:
So for ten years companies have been working to promote telecommuting, put infrastructure in place to support it, etc etc etc, and now when we're finally at a point where we CAN have large amounts of people working from home, (and where every single car that's NOT on the road is beneficial to our climate) these same fucking companies turn shit around and make everybody come back into the office.

And for this kind of genius, we pay these CEOs millions and millions of dollars. Asstards.

What? So while the corporate suits are clueless, the local and federal governments are telecommuting? Nope. It's not happening for many reasons. But don't let that stop you from crying a river at how you hate people (who make a lot of money).

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2013, 13:10 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 11:20:
Part of Ken Kutaragi’s vision of the PS3 was for the console to ship without a dedicated graphics processor, with the now infamous Cell chip handling ALL the processing.

How on earth is this moron in charge of the playstation division? Seriously? In 2005 you wanted to go without a dedicated graphics unit?

I'm guessing he thought that half a frame a MINUTE would have been suitable performance for the PS3. What a fucking idiot.

Yeah LOL it speaks volumes regarding how they went about creating the console. People who actually made games, or knew how hardware worked weren't making decisions, obviously.

Instead they had clueless suits who threw hundreds of millions of dollars at a crazy-ass cell processor and thought it would be better than anything because they apparently thought money solves all problems. Oh I forgot to say: PC gaming is dead.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Oct 7, 2013, 22:27 LittleMe

It's probably some sort of dungeon crawler with weddings to crash considering that Owen Wilson plays the archer role!

Or maybe they used his likeness considering he won 'male model of the year' so decisively.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
10. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 7, 2013, 22:19 LittleMe

Also requires a white sheet & scissors. Imagine the physics as you run around with it on!

4825 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo