Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4730 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
18. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 18:17 LittleMe

Yeah they put it right on toothpaste that you should not swallow it. Fluoride is indeed dangerous and lethal if you get too much in your system. It's a bio-accumulative toxin.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deadpool Game Disappearance
10. Re: Deadpool Game Disappearance Jan 1, 2014, 18:04 LittleMe

So is this game dead in the water?  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 30, 2013, 23:24 LittleMe

Well yes we've been conditioned to accept our political wishes will not be fulfilled. Instead they give us government-backed sports to satisfy our tribal instincts where they will have no consequences to the elite. Population control 101.

For some reason these lyrics come to mind... "Take no prisoners, take no shit."

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
20. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 13:54 LittleMe

Fion wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 12:57:
I'm willing to bed it's significantly more than 3.25m sold to PC. After all doesn't that site only track physical sales? I mean there are 700k people playing it right now on steam and it's barely mid-day on a Monday. No way 1/5 of all purchasers are playing it right now! That never happens in a long-term game like an MMOG two years after launch (and a year after any official content release), let alone a single player RPG.

This +1. I think a better game to compare it with, sales-wise, is Diablo III. So very roughly 10M on PC is my guess.

Oh and also... Sales years after release (the 'tail') are much more profitable so just because the price is lower doesn't matter as much. Sort of like people buying 30 year old albums on iTunes: it's very profitable.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 29, 2013, 22:22 LittleMe

Redmask wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 19:47:
Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 14:50:
A rebellion would be if they all said they were going back to Win7 and refuse to touch Win8 in its current state.

They can't because they don't control the licensing for Windows, Microsoft does. You can't 'go back to Windows 7' when you don't have the ability to give your users product keys for it.

IIRC a Win8 license works for Win7..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2013, 22:17 LittleMe

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 21:11:
At the top of the article it states the source.

Statistic Verification
Source: Bethesda Game Studios, Steam, Zenimax
Research Date: 12.19.2013

I don't believe them.

News Comments > Friday Metaverse
3. Re: Friday Metaverse Dec 27, 2013, 23:27 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 13:52:
Internet Archive puts classic 70s and 80s games online.

The other day, my internal monologue was saying, "I really miss Pong. Wish I could play that again." And now, presto!

Which version? The Magnavox Odyssey or Atari version? The latter had sound and a score counter.

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
19. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 24, 2013, 22:25 LittleMe

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 20:50:
They have your money - they are in no rush to hire more help.

There's more money out there.

News Comments > DayZ Week One Recap
16. Re: DayZ Week One Recap Dec 24, 2013, 17:00 LittleMe

Been playing for a couple days(z) now and am enjoying it. It seems that they are taking it seriously and adding significant features to the game, but obviously it's slow-going. I'd be surprised if the game is feature finished by Dec 2014. I'd guess they'll go final by summer/autumn '14 but I expect more to follow after full release. Seems to me they need to hire more developers to quicken the pace and improve the quality. Surely they've recouped their investment already and then some. They stand to make a whole lot of money if they could only deliver faster it seems to me.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2013, 19:15 LittleMe

Seems like supply for housing isn't meeting demand so prices skyrocket. Can't San Fran just zone higher density? Look at what China is doing.. They are building a *lot* of housing. Sure Shanghai is a concrete jungle but they have a (small) place to call home. We have a housing problem here too and everyone spends a lot of time in traffic because the zoning laws are written to benefit single family homes for which the banks get increasingly large mortgages. Suburban sprawl is a zoning issue, no?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2013, 21:28 LittleMe

What goes around comes around...  

News Comments > Dying Light Nighttime Trailer
4. Re: Dying Light Nighttime Trailer Dec 17, 2013, 12:46 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 11:02:
Yet another zombie last-gen console game? Man these guys are all 5 years behind the curve on both tech and memes.

Last and current gen. Presumably PC will get current gen. Not sure why you are complaining about the tech. The game looks great.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Alpha for Backers
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Alpha for Backers Dec 17, 2013, 12:43 LittleMe

Awesome. Can't wait for the final game!  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Dec 13, 2013, 12:28 LittleMe

I'm waiting for the Hanger 18 patch.  

News Comments > Terminal Reality Closed?
4. Re: Terminal Reality Closed? Dec 12, 2013, 23:07 LittleMe

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 21:51:
Well that's a bummer. Terminal Velocity is one of my favorites. It was a shame they never got more recognition back then.

Same. Was fun to fire up the IPX network at a friend's place with Terminal Velocity as our warmup game! The music!! Too bad they left PC for the consoles.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in April
37. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in April Dec 11, 2013, 14:51 LittleMe

That trailer is bad. Firstly it brings no connection to why they are fighting. It's just people senselessly killing each other for some ruby. I feel ashamed after watching it and ask myself 'is this what gaming is about? Senselessly killing people and 'rawring' about it? Well knowing that it's also a console game for kids answers some of those questions.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 9, 2013, 18:11 LittleMe

Wasn't AC4 on sale recently for $30? Oh well I have plenty to fill my time till it drops in price.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2013, 18:09 LittleMe

It's a PR campaign to save face. These same corporations cooperated more or less and only when found out they do this. I doubt they seriously intend on what they say.  

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
154. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 17:34 LittleMe

Or maybe WaltC enjoys putting himself on a pedastal of moral superiority over the common 'normal people.' He makes a narcissistic argument and backs it up with no evidence of any sort. Where is your evidence? I myself haven't investigated this particular story but tend to believe there's some validity to it. I don't know if it's 10 or 100 people or 1000 spying in online games...  

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
148. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 17:20 LittleMe

Redmask wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 17:16:
Seeing so many crazy people here is almost like finding out you're the only person on your street who isn't a scientologist.

Speak for yourself. After all you contribute nothing to the conversation with that post except boost your superior ego and vilify and attack other people's opinion. Maybe one day will question what the TV told you?

4730 Comments. 237 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo