Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5039 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 13:39 LittleMe

This is all fine and dandy but the game itself needs to be good. That's more important.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
27. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 7, 2015, 11:44 LittleMe

Maybe it's a good thing Amazon has expressed no particular genre interest and perhaps they'll let creativity blossom in the studio? Nah..

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
2. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 09:30 LittleMe

I don't know where to fucking begin with this...

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
12. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 4, 2015, 17:13 LittleMe

From what we're seeing so far, I prefer the FO3 art style over this. Yes it's an improvement in graphical fidelity but FO3 is how old now?  

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
20. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 16:54 LittleMe

PC gaming, what we consider the fourth console,

How revealing of GameStop to say that outright.

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
3. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 14:51 LittleMe

Nice! Two hours is fine for some games, not for others. I suspect if we disconnect from the Internet and play and those hours won't be counted. Sometimes it takes five or ten hours to realize a game sucks or we just can't play it or that it is incomplete.

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
15. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 14:41 LittleMe

JayDeath wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:33:
We need a new engine.

If that happened, we could kiss our modding goodbye. Better idea is that Beth should invest heavily into fixing, optimizing and updating it to modern standards. I agree it's a rickety mess now. Bethesda has shown contempt for the community in not fixing it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2015, 16:14 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 14:05:
Xylemon wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 10:49:
Although I don't trust the NSA to follow the law, this is a step in the right direction.

Yeah, I guarantee they're not pulling the plug on this. They'll stall, and say it will take weeks to implement, and hope that by then the congress will approve a bill that lets them continue.

Correct. It was already illegal anyway so nothing's changed. They've already found a loophole to keep it going.

This is from a newsletter I get:

While Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell did not succeeded in ramming a reauthorization of the expired "Patriot" Act, he did get past the first procedural vote on the USA FREEDOM Act.

As you know, the USA FREEDOM Act is a phony "reform" bill that does virtually nothing to rein in the Surveillance State.

late last Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell used a procedural trick known as "filling the tree" to block Senator Paul, or any other Senator, from offering any amendments.

And to make matters worse, the only amendments McConnell plans to allow are his own, in an attempt to make the already watered-down USA FREEDOM Act even more compromised.

In order to overcome Senator McConnell obstructionism, we need to demand the Senate vote NO on any further procedural votes on the USA FREEDOM Act unless Senator McConnell agrees to allow amendments.

This is how tyranny works - they break their own rules and laws and use public scaremongering and deception during the whole process.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
22. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 15:51 LittleMe

I had an issue where I couldn't block any attack.. I was like WTF!!?!? I figured out the problem though - you can't block while wielding a torch even though the torch isn't lit while in combat. No warning pops up when you try to block, he just does nothing.  

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
10. Re: WildStar Goes Free-to-Play May 28, 2015, 15:31 LittleMe

Bill Borre wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:11:
Besides wow, are there any of these games that haven't adopted this model?

eso

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
15. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 27, 2015, 01:43 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 23:03:
Leave it you people to defend the corps and screw the workin' man trying to catch a break. It's no wonder this is such a shitty world. Perhaps you feel we'd all be better off as slaves instead of the indentured servants we really are.

I know the bigger picture of what your trying to say here but in this context it doesn't work. However yes Bethesda could have a better way to turn these potential customers into real ones. I don't think banning customers' keys outright is always in their best interest either.

Maybe throwing them onto a low performing/cheap/laggy server is better than banning them, or maybe there's another better way to deal with these situations. From a marketing perspective, these users have expressed interest in the product. They are high probability customers.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 27, 2015, 01:32 LittleMe

targeted by financial fraudsters between February and mid-May.

So for about two months they had access. *facepalm*

As someone who worked there, I can assure you their security (10+ years ago) was very questionable.

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2015, 18:21 LittleMe

He's right about Geralt's movement being poor. It's sloppy and all over the place and he does take an extra step or two. He doesn't start running if you want to run first. The horse also is slow to start. It's still a good/great game for many other reasons and IMO worth a buy for most people.  

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
20. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 22, 2015, 08:41 LittleMe

Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:54:
Why do you keep comparing this to Dark Souls. It's not thy kind of game.

+1 on the Shakespearean tongue. Very immersive!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
5. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:04 LittleMe

Quboid wrote on May 21, 2015, 11:59:
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance

By how much, I wonder. Nvidia's own performance guide makes Hairworks seems like an awful feature with about a 20% performance drop.

There's a setting change in a config file that lowers AA on the hairworks for a supposed big performance improvement. The patch might make it official.

edit: Witcher 3 folder >bin >config >base and then open the rendering.ini file and change HairWorksAALevel=8 to 4 or 2 or 0. Lower #'s should perform better.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 12:22.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
36. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 11:34 LittleMe

Apology accepted CDPR. It would have sat better with me if you had made this statement a couple weeks ago and been upfront about the visual changes from early screenshots and footage. It still looks very nice, especially the lighting.

The game seems reasonably well optimized but doesn't perform 'great' IMO. It is SLI capable now. It is very low on CPU and VRAM usage (awesome!). There are still some gripes I have, but it's a great game nonetheless.

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
18. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 10:49 LittleMe

Well DX12 is supposed to support GPU physics and more so hopefully games will standardize back to DX in the future.

Reference:

In part, thatís because DirectX 12 enables the GPU to take over more of the traditional computing load, including physics and collisions.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 17, 2015, 18:10 LittleMe

I'm having second thoughts on W3. Here's another. It's not just about graphics, but what else have they butchered? It's screaming 'consolitis' right now and it's not even born yet.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 17, 2015, 15:30 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on May 16, 2015, 13:18:
War takes a terrible toll, not just in lives lost but in psyches shattered. Depression in the armed forces is widespread, and suicide rates among members of the military are higher than they've ever been. In addition to more traditional treatments, soldiers have been looking to video games to help them cope with the horrors of war. And it's working.

Well stop fucking starting wars than. I have no sympathy for anyone who wants to go to war to begin with. If it's such a horror show do you really think engaging in more virtual carnage is the answer? You'd think some actual peace and some actual quiet is what's needed.

I know what you mean.. Remember most of these soldiers join because they're used to being dependent on their parents and usually can't afford to live on their own or are afraid to be out on their own. So they join and adopt a new parent - the federal government.

This parent doesn't love them of course. These kids are naive and they've been taught in (and by) school to admire the government. The government has all the answers of course! They can do and solve anything! It's a tale of mental conditioning as well as psychological manipulation and domination.

There are studies that show gaming can help relieve stress. People with PTSD engage in escapism for a reason. Games do that.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 14, 2015, 00:41 LittleMe

Now your freedoms are not inalienable rights. They now allow, by their grace, you to have freedoms by passing a disingenuous 'Freedom' bill. We are slaves in so many ways.

5039 Comments. 252 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo