Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5047 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 18, 2015, 10:48 LittleMe

Good writing and story can help FO4, but too much and that, IMO, takes away from the experience. I don't want to play a soap opera. Really that's a bad idea. If Bethesda tried a story heavy game, it better be good, otherwise it would ruin it.

Best they stick with what they're great at and be glad. A great game does not need much story. In fact, too much story usually ruins a game like this where they shovel an overwhelming story down our throats instead of giving it in small doses. DA:O did that - way too much story that I didn't want or connect with.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 16, 2015, 22:21 LittleMe

There will be a mod to have him killable if you want that.

News Comments > Bethesda E3 Showcases
5. Re: Bethesda E3 Showcases Jun 16, 2015, 22:05 LittleMe

siapnar wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 21:34:
What a great presenter Todd Howard is. Absolutely killed it for the Fallout presentation

Yes he is great at it.

One thing though.. Every time he says it's coming out for consoles he says "and PC" with a lower tone and a hint of disdain. Or maybe I'm just hearing that. Phone games, console games with a phone-ish interface (Skyrim), oh yeah, and PC. He did the same 'and PC' tone with the Skyrim announcement too.

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
4. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 11:00 LittleMe

Wow. I know they are saying 'concurrent users' but the best way to get more concurrent is to add new users. If that's so, then that's a huge increase for only one month!

I'm inclined to also read this as the market mildly rejecting the new modestly powered consoles and going to PC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Ceres Jun 11, 2015, 10:50 LittleMe

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 10:01:
Maybe those bright spots on Ceres are an alien mining colony. Highly unlikely but who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvH8fiM3ZGo

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
2. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 12:26 LittleMe

Best of luck to Avellone. So has Pillars been a success or failure for Obsidian?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 15:04 LittleMe

Protip: If you have SLI, I've found that dedicating the 2nd GPU to the physx effects gives better and more consistent performance.

edit: for Witcher 3, disable HairworksAA and it performs great. It was a poor implementation.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2015, 15:13.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: No Chance of Fallout 4 on Xbox 360 or PS3. Jun 8, 2015, 13:49 LittleMe

Because they'd have to make extreme compromises to the game in order to fit the game into those antique consoles' tiny memory footprint, especially the PS3. It would drastically drive up production costs that could otherwise be used to make a better game. They had enough problems with Skyrim.

Developers complained to MS & Sony that the small memory footprint drove up game development costs on the old consoles and that I believe is why the new ones have 8GB of RAM, which at release seemed very generous.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 13:39 LittleMe

This is all fine and dandy but the game itself needs to be good. That's more important.  

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
27. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 7, 2015, 11:44 LittleMe

Maybe it's a good thing Amazon has expressed no particular genre interest and perhaps they'll let creativity blossom in the studio? Nah..

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
2. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 09:30 LittleMe

I don't know where to fucking begin with this...

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
12. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 4, 2015, 17:13 LittleMe

From what we're seeing so far, I prefer the FO3 art style over this. Yes it's an improvement in graphical fidelity but FO3 is how old now?  

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
20. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 16:54 LittleMe

PC gaming, what we consider the fourth console,

How revealing of GameStop to say that outright.

News Comments > Steam Expands Refund Policy
3. Re: Steam Expands Refund Policy Jun 2, 2015, 14:51 LittleMe

Nice! Two hours is fine for some games, not for others. I suspect if we disconnect from the Internet and play and those hours won't be counted. Sometimes it takes five or ten hours to realize a game sucks or we just can't play it or that it is incomplete.

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
15. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 14:41 LittleMe

JayDeath wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 14:33:
We need a new engine.

If that happened, we could kiss our modding goodbye. Better idea is that Beth should invest heavily into fixing, optimizing and updating it to modern standards. I agree it's a rickety mess now. Bethesda has shown contempt for the community in not fixing it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2015, 16:14 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 14:05:
Xylemon wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 10:49:
Although I don't trust the NSA to follow the law, this is a step in the right direction.

Yeah, I guarantee they're not pulling the plug on this. They'll stall, and say it will take weeks to implement, and hope that by then the congress will approve a bill that lets them continue.

Correct. It was already illegal anyway so nothing's changed. They've already found a loophole to keep it going.

This is from a newsletter I get:

While Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell did not succeeded in ramming a reauthorization of the expired "Patriot" Act, he did get past the first procedural vote on the USA FREEDOM Act.

As you know, the USA FREEDOM Act is a phony "reform" bill that does virtually nothing to rein in the Surveillance State.

late last Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell used a procedural trick known as "filling the tree" to block Senator Paul, or any other Senator, from offering any amendments.

And to make matters worse, the only amendments McConnell plans to allow are his own, in an attempt to make the already watered-down USA FREEDOM Act even more compromised.

In order to overcome Senator McConnell obstructionism, we need to demand the Senate vote NO on any further procedural votes on the USA FREEDOM Act unless Senator McConnell agrees to allow amendments.

This is how tyranny works - they break their own rules and laws and use public scaremongering and deception during the whole process.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
22. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 15:51 LittleMe

I had an issue where I couldn't block any attack.. I was like WTF!!?!? I figured out the problem though - you can't block while wielding a torch even though the torch isn't lit while in combat. No warning pops up when you try to block, he just does nothing.  

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
10. Re: WildStar Goes Free-to-Play May 28, 2015, 15:31 LittleMe

Bill Borre wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:11:
Besides wow, are there any of these games that haven't adopted this model?

eso

News Comments > Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned
15. Re: Fraudulent ESO Keys Banned May 27, 2015, 01:43 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 23:03:
Leave it you people to defend the corps and screw the workin' man trying to catch a break. It's no wonder this is such a shitty world. Perhaps you feel we'd all be better off as slaves instead of the indentured servants we really are.

I know the bigger picture of what your trying to say here but in this context it doesn't work. However yes Bethesda could have a better way to turn these potential customers into real ones. I don't think banning customers' keys outright is always in their best interest either.

Maybe throwing them onto a low performing/cheap/laggy server is better than banning them, or maybe there's another better way to deal with these situations. From a marketing perspective, these users have expressed interest in the product. They are high probability customers.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 27, 2015, 01:32 LittleMe

targeted by financial fraudsters between February and mid-May.

So for about two months they had access. *facepalm*

As someone who worked there, I can assure you their security (10+ years ago) was very questionable.

5047 Comments. 253 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo