Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4996 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > RIFT Launch Date and Pricing Details
2. Re: RIFT Launch Date and Pricing Details Jan 4, 2011, 17:39 LittleMe

The screenshots look good but how's the depth of gameplay? Is it shallow click click click or is there a real game in there?  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Million Tank March
4. Re: Million Tank March Jan 4, 2011, 16:36 LittleMe

Million Tank March - ROFLOL.

News Comments > UK PC Sales Chart
2. Re: UK PC Sales Chart Jan 4, 2011, 13:00 LittleMe

Mac wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 10:11:
Meaningless until they start to include online sales

Not entirely meaningless. You can double this figure to get a rough estimated total. This post has US figures for 2010 showing that all PC game sales outsold all consoles combined. It's just a rough guesstimate, apparently.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Hackers leave PS3 security in tatters. Jan 4, 2011, 03:40 LittleMe

Ashley wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 21:31:
WOW!

I was skeptical and figured they just found a workaround that ran rogue code in between checks. But no, they rooted the PS3 to the core.

I don't think they can tell if it is legit code running or not anymore.
WOW!

The tighter their grip, the more star systems that slipped through their fingers. Sony shares some blame for this. Hopefully this will teach the industry that keeping some openness with otherOS on PS3 helped their own bottom line.

Publishers should have cried foul when Sony removed otherOS, because it meant pirates would have reign on the platform. But no, as usual, when someone else's freedoms are trampled, others stand by and watch because they don't care about other people's freedoms. No, people mostly care about money, not freedom.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Hackers leave PS3 security in tatters. Jan 4, 2011, 03:39 LittleMe

Ashley wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 21:31:
WOW!

I was skeptical and figured they just found a workaround that ran rogue code in between checks. But no, they rooted the PS3 to the core.

I don't think they can tell if it is legit code running or not anymore.
WOW!

The tighter their grip, the more star systems that slipped through their fingers. Sony has only themselves to blame. Hopefully this will teach the industry that keeping some openness with otherOS on PS3 helped their own bottom line.

News Comments > Independent Games Festival Finalists
8. Re: Independent Games Festival Finalists Jan 3, 2011, 14:34 LittleMe

Overon wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 14:27:
Call me crazy but Minecraft is going to win the grand prize.

Looks that way to me also. Seems to be a genuine phenomena.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2011, 10:12 LittleMe

Is it worth getting upset over?

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Last Day :( Jan 2, 2011, 14:12 LittleMe

jimnms wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 13:54:
I still like Steam, but I think Amazon is my new digital distributor of choice from now on if all of their downloads work like this.

Yes me too. Amazon's game download system is nice. I also like how Amazon expansions work with retail versions like Dragon Age and ArmA2, etc. (Am I right?)

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
11. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 2, 2011, 14:04 LittleMe

Redwood wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 13:52:
Frankly, most people that are still running XP on thei gaming machines don't have new enough hardware to play BF3.

BING-F'ING-GO.

Edit: It's sounding like the console version of BF3 will be a lesser game similar to how BF2 was on the consoles. Fingers crossed.

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
1. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 2, 2011, 13:01 LittleMe

No problem. They will probably save a lot of development time and support costs doing this. XP is almost ten years old now, expect this more and more. BF3 will also not support Win95 or AmigaDOS.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: Far Cry 2 multiplayer Jan 2, 2011, 04:02 LittleMe

Ant wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 03:35:
Um, Far Cry 2 and Crysis games doesn't seem to have PunkBuster according to http://punkbuster.com/ ... Are you sure about FC2?

I thought it did. I was once refused trying to join a sever with a PB message but sure enough I don't see it now either. *shrug* I had to run PB and update the FC2 definitions but now I'm not seeing it. Very odd. Maybe I'm remembering a parallel universe where FC2 uses PB.

Since you already have the game why are we having this discussion? You can play it whenever you want. It's good in MP. Single player has good moments but can be frustrating too.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2011, 04:20.

News Comments > New Year Legal Briefs
2. Re: Programmer jailed three years over plot Jan 2, 2011, 03:51 LittleMe

LOL Ashley.  

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: Far Cry 2 multiplayer Jan 2, 2011, 03:29 LittleMe

PHJF wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 03:17:
I haven't ever heard of people playing FC2 online in the first place.

Well when the game came out few reviews covered it. One review I remember said it was a sniper fest (I don't agree with that) and I'd say that BF-BC2 is far worse on that front, including BC2-Viet.

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: Far Cry 2 multiplayer Jan 2, 2011, 03:23 LittleMe

Ant wrote on Jan 2, 2011, 03:02:
I do have FC2, but never installed it. I remember people hated its single player and stuff. So does FC2 get fixed for exploits and hacks?

It uses Punkbuster so in theory it will get regular updates. I think one server I was on was taking regular screenshots (half second lockups while that happens) so it looks like some servers do check for hacks. (iirc, Crysis/Warhead has no anti-cheat system)

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: Far Cry 2 multiplayer Jan 2, 2011, 02:17 LittleMe

Ant wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 18:34:
LittleMe wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 17:43:
I'm having a lot more fun with Farcry 2's multiplayer than I expected. Plays great, less filling, and lots of well made community maps. Glad I picked it up.
Better than Crysis' multiplayer modes?

Well not as comprehensive but I think I'll enjoy it more. Crysis has MP modes over big maps and the nice weapon purchase system. The problem with Crysis MP is that it's full of hax/exploits and Crytek did nothing about it. Also Crysis performs poorly and an MP game, imo, needs 60+fps to play well. Farcry 2 on my 5870 gives me a steady 60+fps even with 4xAA. When I played MP Crysis/Warhead I saw a LOT of rubber banding.

FC2 is not trying to be BF2 as Crysis did, but more of just an infantry focused MP game. There are vehicles you can drive but they are mostly just to get around.

The community maps the servers use are great and they download very fast. A big problem with FC2 MP is that there's no server browser. The game picks the server for you. It does a good job usually, but sometimes joins an empty server (maybe because no one is playing that game mode?). The player movement is nicely smooth and the animations aren't jerky so it's not like I'm shooting at people dancing around. The body movement says, sort of, where they are moving. If that makes sense.. I saw no rubber banding.

If you like MP FPS, FC2 is definitely worth $5, or even $10. My opinion.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2011, 02:42.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2011, 17:43 LittleMe

I'm having a lot more fun with Farcry 2's multiplayer than I expected. Plays great, less filling, and lots of well made community maps. Glad I picked it up.  

News Comments > PCGA Interview
29. Re: PCGA Interview Dec 27, 2010, 07:19 LittleMe

Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2010, 07:15:
Last I checked, cows don't get to leave their farms whenever they feel like it.

But most people don't leave so there's no loss. The rule was found to be unimportant, that's all. That's the rationalization people use to say they are free. You'll just go to another country, or farm, anyway.

You can observe all you want but it won't change a thing unless you start a violent revolution and overthrow the government.

False. Ghandi did it. It can be done. Organized and Peaceful non-compliance.

28. Re: PCGA Interview Dec 27, 2010, 07:17 LittleMe

I'm going to stop reading the thread because I need to be more peaceful and I suspect that now that the sun is rising across the country, the mind-controlled zombies will enter into the fray with fervent vitriol and vehement intolerance and ruthlessly verbally attack what I said as a form of egoic self-defense to fortify their world view and delusions that they live in a sane society.

26. Re: PCGA Interview Dec 27, 2010, 07:05 LittleMe

Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2010, 06:58:
You can't call a government tyrannical based solely on the relatively few incidents where government workers didn't do their job properly. Such cases are in the vast minority compared to those where people do their job correctly.

So what defines tyranny is the question.. Right? A worldwide empire? Check. Thousands of nuclear arms? Check. An obsession with crime & punishment? Check. Here's a more thorough list of a fascist society:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a unifying cause.
4. Supremacy of the military.
5. Rampant Sexism.
6. Controlled Mass Media.
7. Obsession with National Security.
8. Religion and Government are intertwined.
9. Corporate Power is protected.
10. Labor Power is suppressed.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment.
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption.
14. Fraudulent Elections.

I'll state that 6 is yes. 9 is a definite YES. 12 YES. 13 YES. 14 YES. 1 YES 2 YES 3 YES 4 YES. I could go on.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2010, 07:12.

25. Re: PCGA Interview Dec 27, 2010, 07:00 LittleMe

Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2010, 06:38:
Do you think you'd be able to post on this website were it not for the government?

They only allow us to post because it makes us more productive in the illusion of freedom much like how farmers plant crops a bit farther from each other to increase productivity. A farmer might provide a cow a service like antibiotics or a bug bath but that doesn't mean the cow isn't considered property.

None of this would have happened without a large, unified government because small, isolated tribes would have neither the resources nor the communication necessary to accomplish it.

Untrue. I won't get into details on why I believe this and I ask that you accept that I feel this way. I see what you mean. Does illusion surround you?

I ask you to observe the world around you over the years to come to learn more, how the state interferes and manipulates much of the food market against you as a consumer and instead they create more towards a corporatist system that services the elite. Really, you just spouted the conditioning and defended it as a personal attack.. I'm not attacking you. But I guess I am stating an opposing opinion, which is easily interpreted as such.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2010, 07:11.

4996 Comments. 250 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo