Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4807 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Project Reality
5. Re: New Battlefield 2 Project Reality Oct 18, 2010, 16:33 LittleMe

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:58:
You have to be the kind of person that enjoys lots of teamwork and slow, deliberate fights, but if you're a fan or ArmA or something like that then this is one of the most awesome mods in the history of the world. The amount of intricacy and depth they've added is pretty breathtaking.

Well said..

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:58:
I haven't played in forever and presumably 90% of the people who play are idiots but it's great fun if you get a good team and a good match.

The player community has gone through a process of natural selection and now just about every game is a good match and cooperation is better than any other FPS that I know of.

ps. enjoying your resuming of your MoW vids! TYTY!

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Project Reality
3. Re: New Battlefield 2 Project Reality Oct 18, 2010, 13:43 LittleMe

Yeah one of the best mods ever. Unfortunately this release has CTD bugs and I got one almost as soon as I joined a game. Can't play the game now. People are also complaining about this in the launch announcement thread.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4
32. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 17, 2010, 00:59 LittleMe

Frijoles wrote on Oct 16, 2010, 17:59:
Finally tried the demo. It wouldn't run at first, so I did a verification on the game files. Now it's running on the wrong monitor. As I said before, these dev houses don't even bother checking computers with multiple monitors. The steam forums are full of people complaining about bugs and crashes.

They've acknowledged this bug and said it will be fixed in the next patch in Steam's Gothic forums. Expect some bugs, especially obscure bugs that affect a small percentage of players, to slip through the play testing phase. Post-release patch support however will hopefully address game breaking issues... We'll see.

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 15, 2010, 22:49 LittleMe

The Advocate wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 22:46:
PHJF wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 21:58:
Fine whatever, but know that Gothic 4 is a big improvement over the unfinished bug-ridden Gothic 3 release. (although Gothic 3 is a good game with the recent community patches)

That's like saying the Ford Pinto was a great car after a shit ton of third party mechanics got around to fixing its problems.

No it isn't because the community patch is free. Hiring mechanics to fix the problems with your Pinto would cost a lot of money.

It shouldn't take a "community" to fix a broken product and the developers shouldn't be rewarded for releasing a broken product.

I don't care about your moral opinion. Fact is people did it. I'm not condoning that behavior but that's what's happened so there it is.

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 15, 2010, 22:24 LittleMe

PHJF wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 21:58:
It'd take an act of Zeus to get this game on my computer after the abortion that was Gothic 3.

Fine whatever, but know that Gothic 4 is a big improvement over the unfinished bug-ridden Gothic 3 release. (although Gothic 3 is a good game with the recent community patches)

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 15, 2010, 21:38 LittleMe

Surf wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 21:37:
I can't get it to run on my machine, glad I didn't buy it day one. Once it works, and if I likey, I will buy it.

Be sure your system's sound sample rate is at 48000hz or less.

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 15, 2010, 21:37 LittleMe

Don't believe some of the sites with low reviews, this is a good game.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Diary
16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 15:01 LittleMe

Wow nice Space Captain, ty. So I guess the game will be huge and worth playing but might be too campy for some.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. TSA: Enhanced pat-downs coming nationwide Oct. 31 Oct 15, 2010, 03:11 LittleMe

We are prisoners to fear.

News Comments > Industry Down 8% Over Last Year
6. Re: Industry Down 8% Over Last Year Oct 15, 2010, 03:07 LittleMe

This is an overall economic indicator more than anything. Bailouts and stimulus are central planning in action. Neither works in the long run. Those in power fancy themselves as gods, and are proven wrong throughout history.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2010, 00:28 LittleMe

Great scott! This is heavy!

News Comments > Fearless Studios Launches
3. Re: Fearless Studios Launches Oct 14, 2010, 13:37 LittleMe

Looks like good news to me.

News Comments > ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Patch
6. Re: ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Patch Oct 13, 2010, 22:27 LittleMe

Hey how some good comments for G4 here at BN? Whoa. Pinch me. It's a good game. There's plenty of exploration, beautiful and inviting world, a not serious story acted well enough, lots of loot, dungeons, baddies etc.. It's not a hardcore RPG and I'm fine with that. Two Worlds 2 and Fallout: NV both are aiming to fill that void soon enough.

Just don't go in expecting a Gothic 1/2 experience. It's a fun casual RPG with plenty to do and see!

News Comments > Ion Assault PC Plans
2. Re: Ion Assault PC Plans Oct 12, 2010, 15:38 LittleMe

Here's a gameplay vid. Looks fun.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU Oct 12, 2010, 10:10 LittleMe

Kajetan wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 01:59:
LittleMe wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 22:02:
I'd say the reviews hanging around 75% are above mediocre.
Forget the reviews, play the game for yourself ...

Yes I've been planning on that for some while. The conversation wasn't so much about my opinion but rather that 75% is above a mediocre score. 60-65 is mediocre in my opinion. 75% is entering the lands of a good or decent game worth playing for fans of the genre.

considering the hardware requirements, it doesnt look "that" nice. No, it's not the new Crysis of RPG. And the gameplay is far from everything, which made the first Gothic so memorable. Arcania is a cheap clicking game for RPG casuals. The story is bland, the dialogue cheesy, the combat shallow. Wait until the price drops under 20 € or $ or whatever your currency may be ...

As for your own personal opinions on the game, I find them rather petty especially since you didn't even follow your own advice and play the game yourself (demo doesn't really count).

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA – Gothic 4 in EU Oct 11, 2010, 22:02 LittleMe

I'd say the reviews hanging around 75% are above mediocre, but not great either. 65% is what I would say is mediocre/forgettable. 75% won't win new converts of course. Hopefully F:V will be a much better game.

News Comments > RAGE Interview
33. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 18:26 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 13:23:
Sure, the market is smaller, but does that have to mean less profit? I don't think so.

Yes. Yes it does. If your margins are mostly fixed at X dollars, then your profits increase as market size increases.

No, not necessarily. Looks like you are missing the subtleties of my statement. In particular I said 'have' to be smaller. The increased costs of developing, marketing, distributing and supporting a cross platform title can certainly negate the potential profits versus a single platform game.

Not only that, some games are much better suited to a single platform type, especially the PC platform. We see this in differing review scores with PC versus console games. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower...

News Comments > RAGE Interview
3. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 12:12 LittleMe

I don't entirely buy the argument that profits from a PC exclusive game are less than cross-platform game. Sure, the market is smaller, but does that have to mean less profit? I don't think so.

It's all about getting the right combination of factors that equals success and not necessarily about making a game that will sell the most copies when doing so can often be very expensive and time consuming. Sure, saying you sold 5m copies and not 2m copies sure can boost your company's ego, but does that automatically mean more profit? Nope.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2010, 11:31 LittleMe

Today is the Columbus Day holiday, celebrating the explorer's "discovery" of the new world, something he steadfastly denied having done, as he was convinced he had found a new route to Asia.

There was a history channel documentary that showed how the Knights Templar discovered America in around 1362 and that Columbus received word down from that discovery (probably vague, nothing specific). The The Kensington Runestone is the proof cited, but they also covered other physical evidence. Can't remember the actual name of the documentary. I have it here somewhere.

Here's another documentary though..

What's interesting is that these Templars in 1362 were on a quest for a "New Order" which has subsequently evolved into the "New World Oder" which one can find a lot of stuff on the Internet about the latter.

Here's a good starter docu. If you get to the end of that docu, you'll learn that the stone is a land claim by what we now call the backers of the New World Order. So theoretically, they could make a legal claim towards owning a large part of the United States. Now under normal circumstances that claim would be laughed at, but with the economic collapse and the NWO's strong ties into the world's banking elite, they could theoretically push to reclaim 1/3 or so of the contiguous 48 states from a bankrupt nation.

Edit: Here's the whole History Channel Documentary titled the Holy Grail in America. Highly recommended!!! Really, learn this stuff and you'll better understand the history of not only America but the Knights Templar and the New World Order's origins.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2010, 12:24.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc.Project Reality version 0.95 preloads underway… Oct 11, 2010, 11:05 LittleMe

Yay!!! Don't let the version number fool you, Project Reality is already a very polished game and this huge changelist is showing how much attention they continue to pay to this outstanding game. This weekend should be fun. Hopefully the new players will be respectful of the veterans and patient enough to learn the mod and not treat it like MW2.

4807 Comments. 241 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo