Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4614 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Body Scan Images From Security Checkpoints Were Saved By Feds. T Aug 6, 2010, 12:07 LittleMe

Yeah, they've already lied about the ability to save the images, now we are supposed to believe them when they promise they don't save the images except for "testing, training, and evaluation."

Don't believe them when they say the images are blurry. When in doubt, you just don't really know. These body scanner jobs attract pedophiles and other types who are likely to save the images, even if they have to photograph the screen and brag how they got a image of you, someone famous or whoever.

There are also concerns about the deleterious health effects of the scanners.

They are training us to live in a prison world and to accept being dehumanized. If you accept this phase, they'll move to the next.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2010, 15:24 LittleMe

JaguarUSF I hope you review the new Close Combat game. Please do. Thanks for your Sniper review.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Announced
11. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 5, 2010, 14:26 LittleMe

random instanced and persistent dungeons

The persistent aspect interests me. If only they would create something like TomeNET. After all, the Diablo style action-rpg's all copy the oldschool roguelike RPG's anyway.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2010, 09:13 LittleMe

Oh was he the guy who did that radio show there? The hilarious guy who could rant on and on for minutes on something and make me laugh the whole while?

I won an award from the show back in '96, not long after the qw event. Still have it somewhere. It was hand-made.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2010, 10:10.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2010, 02:44 LittleMe

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 00:21:
Brings a bittersweet moment, though...all this talk of Pseudo reminds me of JCal. Miss that guy. Did anyone ever hear what the investigation turned up on that?

^D^

I vaguely remember the name JCal. Tell us more? He died?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2010, 02:32 LittleMe

^Drag0n^ thanks for your insights and comments about the event. Great stuff. Glad you got out safe. Yeah I remember the Intel guy there but for forgot about the ppro's! Yeah also for me, one of my favorite events of my 20's.

I wasn't in UA at the time but maybe 5 or so months later I ended up running the UA clan.. irony?

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Aug 5, 2010, 02:14 LittleMe

I agree with Red as well. Total Annihilation, for me, was a vastly better game than SC1. I think maybe we are seeing the effects of millions of dollars thrown at advertising, marketing and PR heads. Blizzard has created a fad on which to capitalize. Snowball effect?

Nothing wrong with updating a 12 year old game. That's cool. But is the game worthy of this level of praise?

I still think Men of War is the best modern RTS (no counting for the voice acting). From what I've seen, SC2 is simplistic by comparison.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2010, 11:30 LittleMe

Here are two of the posters that were on the wall. They are dry mounted.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2010, 11:16 LittleMe

Anybody in those photos care to share?

We had a few clan matches. UA vs RevCo was one of them. UA won. UA=Unholy Alliance. RevCo=Revolting Cocks. It was an invite-only PR event, IIRC. One thing that was cool was that they had vquake running there. There were enough machines for everyone to play, pretty much. I also have some photos here of the event. I'll share them with Blue some time.

I enjoyed it a lot. Got to meet Carmack, Romero, McGee, Tom Hall, etc.. Good memories.

ps. Who were those well dressed Africans? Seemed like there were some people there who had lots of money but not interested in playing at all.

pps. i have one of those huge quake boxes too. Also a few of the other posters that were on the wall. They were game magazine covers that featured quake.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2010, 11:23.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 4, 2010, 01:36 LittleMe

“Really,” she added, “I have to believe the F.B.I. has better things to do than this.”

I WANT to see a TV show episode focusing on this type of FBI action!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Stealthy Government Contractor Monitors U.S. Internet Providers. Aug 4, 2010, 01:16 LittleMe

Bush Jr. did win reelection, you know.

Maybe. I question election results these days. For example, those diebold machines are notoriously easy to tamper with.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 4, 2010, 01:03 LittleMe

Neutrality rules might not be necessary in the first place if the FCC was willing to stand up to carriers and tackle the sector's primary problem: a lack of substantive competition in most markets. Real competition would allow consumers to vote with their wallets, organically punishing carriers who engage in poor behavior of any time (be it unreasonable capping plans, unreasonable throttling, or preferential treatment of their own content).

Finally someone who better understands the root problem!! Wow. Corporatism is the real problem here. As long as ISP's are granted franchise rights, they can bully their own customers. But lets be clear here, there's no widespread prioritizing of traffic that we know of, yet. The real threat to the Internet right now is in the form of federal spying and that is a far, far more pressing issue.

1. Stealthy Government Contractor Monitors U.S. Internet Providers. Aug 3, 2010, 03:34 LittleMe

monitors the traffic of 12 regional Internet service providers, hands much of that information to federal agencies

We are being bombarded with news like this and have become desensitized already? Is there such fear in this country that we will now submit to tyranny?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech BitsGoogle Earth Used To Find Unpermitted Pools In NY. Aug 2, 2010, 23:00 LittleMe

But some privacy advocates say the use of Google Earth to find scofflaw swimming pools reeks of Big Brother.

Yes it's called an unwarranted search. The feds were using infrared photography to find marijuana growers and that was found to be illegal also. No? Oh and the law, while well intended, is rather absurd.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 2, 2010, 10:02 LittleMe

Where's Starcraft II on this list?

Edit: oh wow Steam doesn't sell it. kk

103. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 10:01 LittleMe

Blue, my sincerest condolences. I'm glad to hear he didn't suffer for very long. I hope you can find peace in his death and be happy with your memories of him. Celebrate life!  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 1, 2010, 00:58 LittleMe

What Apple is selling is exclusivity, a way for people to identify who they think they are by separating them from 'everyone else.' It's the same reason rich people will pay $20k for a purse or why many people join an exclusive club. It's ego, the false mind-constructed identity.

If everyone had an Apple iPad, it wouldn't be exclusive any more so these same people wouldn't buy one for the same reason.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2010, 05:54 LittleMe

cliffski wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 12:55:
Bill Borre wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 12:01:
If you are not willing to pay people to create products you enjoy, then no one has any incentive to create things you enjoy and you do not effect the decisions on the types of things that are developed for the marketplace. Dollars are votes.

Best post of the month.
This is so true. It's not a matter of being 'in it for the money', game developers have bills like everyone else. If game X sells well and game Y does not, guess which game will get a sequel, or expansion packs?
Every time someone buys a game they are saying to the free market "we like this, make more stuff like this". This is why casual games had such a boom. People who liked them, tended to buy them, and a whole bunch of hardcore game devs started making match-3 puzzle games as a result.

Well said.

Except one point. There's no free market. It's a market, yes, but not a free market. Picking nits, perhaps. The failures of central planning have affected the games industry. If it were a truly free market, the industry would be isolated from the global economic collapse. Don't make me lecture! As long as collectivist currencies like the Dollar and Euro are forced upon us, we aren't free.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed?
12. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Revealed? Jul 31, 2010, 03:18 LittleMe

I'm surprised to hear this news. I thought CM would crawl back under a the FPS rock from which they came. OF:Dragon Rising had great sound and performance but like was said here already, failed in so many other ways. (the AI seemed OK)

And yes, the UI was terrible and had console port written all over it. For example, when playing multiplayer games: since there were no dedicated servers (arg!!) at the end of each game you would be thrown back to the main menu and had to go through listing servers and connecting again just to continue playing.

Perhaps the biggest fail of OF:DR was that the pirated version could play multiplayer. Sounds fine until you realize that is a wide open door to hackers, cheaters and griefers.

Oh and yes, all the hype from codemasters about DR (for years!) was pumping the game up as being the best FPS ever. FAIL.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Announced
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Announced Jul 31, 2010, 03:05 LittleMe

Being a long-time PC Battlefield fan, this announcement is not reassuring. I've long since stopped playing BC2. I'm playing BF2 and enjoying as much as ever with PR mod. If BF3 sounds like BC3 then I simply won't buy it.

Oh and by the way, the Battlefield games have never had lean. Prone, dedicated servers, a mouse-native UI, commander role, squad leader role, vehicles, planes, tanks jeeps, etc etc etc.. Oh and the ArmA series is not a substitute for a real modern Battlefield game.

4614 Comments. 231 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo