Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4936 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam
5. Re: Humble Indie Bundle #2 Sells $1M, Now on Steam Dec 20, 2010, 14:22 LittleMe

Did they really need to compare the win/mac/linux average amounts? Maybe it helped increase the total sales. Why not compare based on country, or education levels or some other adversarial/egoic basis?

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Dec 19, 2010, 05:21 LittleMe

GarrettTX1 wrote on Dec 19, 2010, 01:03:
Overall, finding it's a blast to play

Agreed. It's easily just as good as the original game and maybe a bit better. The maps feel a bit more open and better designed? Either way I had a real blast. Those pesky snipers should get off my lawn.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Dec 18, 2010, 23:56 LittleMe

DangerDog wrote on Dec 18, 2010, 18:12:
If you have the Steam version of BC2 then you need to get the DLC from Steam, retail copies can purchase from EA's online store or Direct 2 Drive.

Thank you very much for this info. Helpful..

News Comments > Linux UT3 Dead
10. Re: Linux UT3 Dead Dec 17, 2010, 14:56 LittleMe

necrosis wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 13:38:
Madguy wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 12:45:
You mean like the oodles of extra content released completely free for UT3 PC users?
What oodles of extra content? The "Black" update? The game was long dead and gone before that even came out.

You just rationalized your incorrect stance. He answered your question correctly. Epic did add a lot of new content and bug fixing to UT3 for PC. A lot of people did try the new Titan Pack content and the online community never was completely dead. People are playing UT3 right now. I show 296 players online right now on game-monitor.com. Sure it's not a lot but the game isn't dead. It never was dead.

Oh sorry, don't let me stop you from boosting your ego and coming off as so morally superior. Continue the hate. Sure UT3 was a disappointment for many and Epic surely did shun their PC roots/fans, but that doesn't justify spouting outright lies.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2010, 10:49 LittleMe

There's always an ambitious lawyer or politician ready to start a new witch-hunt war, and piracy must be high on their list. News stories like this add to their profiling.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Electronic Pickpocket. Dec 15, 2010, 21:49 LittleMe

They want to track your ever move. The big banks are very influential. This past black Friday there was a news story where talking about the feds were using satellites to track shoppers. Follow the money.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 15, 2010, 17:13 LittleMe

DG wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 16:42:
Performance step is a bit disappointing, mostly due to TMC completely failing to do 32nm. In a year or so with them going 28nm (assuming they can get it to actually work at volume) should be quite something though.

Knew I was being impatient getting a 4850, should have waited for the 5850 which looks to have been a fantastic buy. Now I'll be getting a 6950 and no doubt wishing I could have hung on for a 7050 or whatever.

A few months back I heard the 7k series would be out in April 2011. So has it moved back? Genuinely curious. I see no reason to upgrade my 5870 to a 6970 unless there's a new absolutely-must-play game that demands better tessellation performance. Glad to see nVidia is finally back in the game. All the new cards are much quieter, from both brands. Too bad nV is still a power whore. PC gaming is moving forward. Love it.

With DX11, pc games are starting to detach from console games. What I mean is that we are getting specialized stuff that we didn't see before. Hopefully we'll get more pc exclusive titles that focus on the strengths of the platform.

News Comments > Civilization V Patched
2. Re: Out of Beta! Dec 15, 2010, 16:45 LittleMe

Agreed. I played it on release and something, couldn't quite nail it, felt sort of broken about the game. Lots of small things add up. It felt tedious instead of fun. As if I was going through the steps but that the game wasn't really interacting with me. I guess all those AI improvements will help that.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 15, 2010, 13:59 LittleMe

6970!! Yeah !!!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Michael Moore offers to host WikiLeaks. Dec 15, 2010, 13:58 LittleMe

The 75% right, %25 twisted lies man eh? Yes we know he's a grandstanding attention whore.

1. FBI accused of planting backdoor in OpenBSD IPSEC stack. Dec 15, 2010, 13:55 LittleMe

Very interested in this thanks Blue. Should abolish many federal departments and this is one of them.

News Comments > On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle
20. Re: On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle Dec 15, 2010, 04:25 LittleMe

Icewind wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 04:00:
is anyone even making money off of these deals or should I feel guilty?

My guess is that they do make money. Indirectly also they are promoting PC gaming with these great prices and delivery system. They are expanding the customer (gamer) base. My guess is, and it's just a guess, that over time these sales have a snowball effect. Each riding off the last...

But I was thinking today that buying games at full release price is now just for those 'must have' games and otherwise it's assured that the price will drop a lot within a year. I'll leave it to them to price their product, but maybe some do lose some money on these sales. Hard to know.

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2010, 03:41 LittleMe

Sepharo wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 22:35:
Fuckin' hell, that's like some Orwellian shit right there.

Yeah and Wallmart now has telescreens in the store playing homeland security fearnouncements from Napolitano, the fascist puppet.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Appeals Court Holds that Email Privacy Protected by Fourth Amendment. T Dec 15, 2010, 02:18 LittleMe

In a landmark decision issued today in the criminal appeal of U.S. v. Warshak, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that the government must have a search warrant before it can secretly seize and search emails stored by email service providers

So what if they don't do it secretly? Then it's legal? /sarc

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2010, 02:16 LittleMe

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2010, 03:36.

News Comments > On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle
2. Re: On Sale - GOG.com Sale, New Humble Indie Bundle Dec 14, 2010, 21:21 LittleMe

Yes great game for $7.50! Wow. Lots to do and see there. Wish they would make a real hardcore game out of it though. So much potential. If they released a full mod dev kit it might have been GOTY worthy. Still it's a great game as I said.  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers
9. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers Dec 14, 2010, 00:55 LittleMe

Not buggy or bloated here so far. I like the new CCC panel because it doesn't display that 3d scene which uses resources.

While game developers are busy patching games so they'll run well when everyone's gaming over the Xmas break, AMD's releasing features that no one's going to use anytime soon. DivX? What year is this? How about give us some Civ 5 performance improvements instead.

They are at the stage they are at and we don't see the whole picture. I'm glad for the new features. Oh and they do have their app signature update releases which are separate from the driver releases so check those.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2010, 01:43.

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
25. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 13:33 LittleMe

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:56:
Uh...what?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

I think he misunderstood your post as an angry rant against people who make lots of money but I don't think you intended it to be read as such. lols.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Amnesia: The Dark Descent Dec 12, 2010, 19:10 LittleMe

I found their game more frustrating than scary. Didn't play very far (the invisible splashing monster in the water) though. Hey I love a scary immersive puzzle game but this didn't float my boat.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 12, 2010, 16:23 LittleMe

Sweet! I sincerely hope the new engine is as moddable as the previous games. I also hope Bethesda has learned from the modding community about what makes a better RPG. Oblivion was very promising but sorely lacking.

Does not the numerological release date speak of the occult/free masonry/etc?

4936 Comments. 247 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo