Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4959 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 08:57 LittleMe

Yeah AP is worth $7.50 (right now). Is there a way to increase the FOV?? I can't see how they tested the game without that not driving them insane.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: What Tech Companies Spend on Lobbying Efforts In Washington. Dec 24, 2010, 06:25 LittleMe

Thanks but I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant to say that the entire representative system is perhaps antiquated and not necessary. If everyone voted on issues, then money couldn't be used and backroom deals couldn't be made. Or at least, it would be far more difficult..

So when I referred to tyranny of the mob, I'm talking about a hypothetical situation where everyone voted instead of congressional representatives. It would then have to pass a majority vote in a similar two branch system like the House (population count) and the Senate (represents the minority). To me, that sounds like a much better system because elections and campaign contributions would be moot.

Nevermind...

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 01:11 LittleMe

Yes those are great deals. Almost bought Bioshock 2 until I was reminded that it requires GFWL and uses securom activation.

Amazon also has a great deal on Kings Bounty Platinum edition for $8.75. All three games.

Edit: Apparently the amazon downloader doesn't patch games. FYI.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2010, 23:17 LittleMe

Just bought the Amazon Arma2: combined op for $12.50. The OA key would not redeem in Steam, FYI.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. What Tech Companies Spend on Lobbying Efforts In Washington. Dec 23, 2010, 23:15 LittleMe

This is how Congress wants it. If companies don't lobby, they can easily become a victim of competitors who try to legislate them out of existence.

Just having an idea now.. Isn't the representative method a big antiquated now that we have the Internet and communications? I guess then we face a 'tyranny of the mob' situation but hasn't that already happened?

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 23, 2010, 22:37 LittleMe

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 22:26:
Kabuto wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 20:56:
Amazon has a few really good deals going on right now:
ArmA2: Combined Operations - $12.50

It comes up for $45.87 for me

I think you are clicking the wrong one. Find the one titled "ArmA2: Combined Operations [Game Download]" Shows as $12.50 here.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 23, 2010, 18:38 LittleMe

TurdFergasun wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 23:41:
unfortunately it's going to be a neo-capitalist internet revolution instead where you can't even fart for less than a buck.

You mean neo-corporatist, right? The cap&trade is corporatist. Thanks tho.. yeah, the NWO revolution is happening.

News Comments > Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga Demo
2. Re: Divinity 2 - The Dragon Knight Saga Demo Dec 23, 2010, 15:54 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2010, 15:52:
Unless this is a new demo they released it several months back because I recall playing in the summer.

You probably played the original Divinity 2, not this one.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2010, 20:51 LittleMe

In other news, a poll of self-entitled Internet users reveals how deluded they are in thinking that they can have privacy on a global network like the Internet. They even think they can have privacy on it, which was never intended in the first place. Most people believe the promises of politicians who are bought & paid for by globalist corporations who will write the actual laws to favor themselves and hurt smaller competition. According to a Gallup poll, many lawmakers and citizens don't read the actual bills they advocate and say they support.

Also this news story talks about how with freedom comes responsibility and that if you take away responsibility there will be a loss of freedom as well.

News Comments > OS X Two Worlds II
5. Re: OS X Two Worlds II Dec 22, 2010, 16:27 LittleMe

wtf_man wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 13:29:
If I remember correctly... I played the Demo of the first "Two Worlds Game"... and the controls were so awful that I uninstalled the demo within 20 minutes. It was either the controls or the game just ran like crap (stuttered like crazy)... I can't exactly recall.

The fully patched game is good. Not great, but good. Worth playing. Open world RPG.. Huge world too.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2010, 22:31 LittleMe

the vote affects whether government will guarantee they'll continue to have access to all Web content,

False. Only 'legal' content will fall under these rules according to the FCC rules I've read. The much espoused victim, bit torrent traffic, likely won't be considered legal.

NN laws won't work. You can't force a camel to drink.....

"Obama pledged to support open-internet policies."

How can it be considered open when there's a duopoly across the country?

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2010, 22:11 LittleMe

Techie714 wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 20:28:
Meh, today's Steam sale....

Yeah most of the prices have been a lot lower in previous sales. Lot of stuff there tho.

News Comments > Jon Shafer Leaves Firaxis
3. Re: Jon Shafer Leaves Firaxis Dec 21, 2010, 22:04 LittleMe

ASeven wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 20:35:
Am I the only one who thinks Civ V is one of the biggest disappointments of the past years? I find Civ V to be just too simplified for its own good, almost dumbed down in fact.

It's a bit of a disappointment, yes. Don't forget, there's a modding community to fix it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2010, 20:21 LittleMe

Saw the lunar eclipse last night. Perfectly clear skies here. Pretty cool stuff. Gets dark but not pitch black. I'm waiting for the 2094 even too, blue. Can't wait. Hopefully won't have to upgrade my PC until then.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer
9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 19:00 LittleMe

The first Codemasters OF game was just recently on sale for $5. I passed on it. Not even worth $5. Ouch. What a console POS wanting to be a hardcore PC game but being clueless on how to do it.

I'm glad they are still trying. No harm to me, as long as I don't buy their turds. Maybe one day, decades from now, they'll get it right.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Undue process: Uncle Sam seized BitTorrent domain names. Dec 20, 2010, 22:31 LittleMe

Undue process: Uncle Sam seized BitTorrent domain names.
The domains were simply seized, and while it did happen with a court order, the sites were not given any chance to respond and none appears to be forthcoming.

Just think of all the jobs we could create with a new federal War on Piracy. Now there's a productive industry just waiting to blossom!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2010, 22:03 LittleMe

TurdFergasun wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 17:56:
if you think the number slave control freaks are going to just sit back and let the natural chaos continue you're sadly mistaken. it's a great idea don't get me wrong. it's just never going to happen.

Well said. They've been stirred into a fearful frenzy about this hypothetical issue. I liken it to an online communist revolution, but I guess it could be worse. They could start advocating that the government takeover the Internet. I think that's coming too. All they need to do is read more corporate propaganda supporting such an idea and I think the fearful sheep will flock to it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 20, 2010, 21:53 LittleMe

That's half of what the government has forced us to spend on the corporatist federal ethanol programs.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
50. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 20:11 LittleMe

removed  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale Begins
34. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Begins Dec 20, 2010, 18:06 LittleMe

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2010, 17:45:
Are you one of my friends yet? I need more deluded nutjobs smart rational people like you on my friends list.

Ouch. Good luck with your 'friends' with words like that!

4959 Comments. 248 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo