Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4787 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. E.U. Microsoft Deal Barely Affects Browser Market ( Oct 11, 2010, 10:41 LittleMe

So how much public funds were spent towards this? How many millions of euros? Just shows how much more powerful a force consumer choice is than this sort of government regulation.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2010, 16:48 LittleMe

Blue, isn't the 20th of October even better? 20 10 2010 !

Numerology and the NWO apparently have some overlap also...

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Trailers
10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Trailers Oct 9, 2010, 18:35 LittleMe

bigspender wrote on Oct 9, 2010, 18:20:
edit: infact a 2142 style game would be heaps better - the futuristic setting allows for some really nice gameplay additions (since it doesn't have to be real world based).

Agreed I'd rather see a 2142 sequel than this. Ahh but that's more of a true Battlefield game, not a 'bad company' derp game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2010, 11:52 LittleMe

nin wrote on Oct 7, 2010, 11:18:
The Circle Of Life Personified.

I LOVE IT!

He who snacks last snacks longest!

Yeah nice shot! One comment in that thread claimed it was obviously photoshopped, but I have a lot of experience in PS and it looks legit to me. Can't be 100% sure though.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Chimp Charlie dies at 52 despite smoking habit. Oct 7, 2010, 03:04 LittleMe

Hey it's my chain smoking neighbor.  

News Comments > Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com
11. Re: Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com Oct 6, 2010, 15:31 LittleMe

Riker wrote on Oct 6, 2010, 15:19:
My original copy of IWD2 works fine, but if they could widescreen support... I'll totally buy.

[Edit] There's a widescreen mod? Cool!

Yes there's a widescreen mod!

News Comments > On Game Prices & Inflation
4. Re: On Game Prices & Inflation Oct 6, 2010, 11:24 LittleMe

Though the prices of games look about the same as they have for years, they are only unchanged if you make like the Federal Reserve and pretend inflation doesn't exist. Taking inflation into account shows the current equivalent of 1990s prices for games from the N64 and Genesis era approaching the $100.00 USD mark.

Yes. Inflation isn't some magical mysterious force. It's simply the authorities stealing purchasing power from you by diluting the value of what you already have. This applies to all gaming, and all transactions around the world based on dollars.

The currency we use in the United States is an illegal and unconstitutional.

Back to the topic, yes, I paid $50 for games in the 1980's and I paid $50 for Civilization V. Albeit, the Civ V is tied to a Steam account and can't be resold. Revoking resale rights is a form of hidden inflation. This is all a product of central economic planning and statists who believe in or submit to tyranny, or the violence inflicted upon those unwilling to obey. Follow the money!! Do that and you'll find the true rulers of the world.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2010, 11:39.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: iPad is fastest adopted Oct 6, 2010, 10:35 LittleMe

Yeah, wow Apple sure is pulling in some epic win in recent years. Wow, even out-doing the iPhone. Congrats.

Signed, a very long time Apple dissident.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: a learning computer Oct 5, 2010, 12:56 LittleMe

space captain wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 11:21:
phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range

Hey, just what you see pal.

News Comments > MoH Beta Opens, Connection Issues
2. Re: MoH Beta Opens, Connection Issues Oct 4, 2010, 12:15 LittleMe

These two gameplay vids make it look very much like BC2/MW2. Notice there's NO RECOIL. It's like they're firing from a mounted platform.

That type of game gets old quick.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 3, 2010, 18:50 LittleMe

DG wrote on Oct 3, 2010, 18:31:
I'm enjoying it but it needs quite a bit of work with the AI and balance. Not much new there mind you, and if the previous games are anything to go by it's likely to get a lot of support.

Yeah. Also perhaps where CivV will really shine is through the modding community.

News Comments > New BF2 Forgotten Hope
1. Re: New BF2 Forgotten Hope Oct 2, 2010, 15:44 LittleMe

Yay! 2.2 was outstanding. Can't wait to finish the DL.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Levin Wants To Wire 97% Of U.S. For $10 Billion. Oct 2, 2010, 07:36 LittleMe

USF failed due to corruption so give us more money and we promise this time you'll get your utopia.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 1, 2010, 14:20 LittleMe

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 11:17:
KC woman travels to Ottumwa, pulls gun. Internet argument gone bad.
WTF is wrong with these people?

I'd need to explain it in person. What's your address?

News Comments > StarCraft II Bans
1. Re: StarCraft II Bans Oct 1, 2010, 10:36 LittleMe

Sweet. I used to run a game server and thoroughly enjoyed banning cheaters/griefers. I suspect Blizzard has many more cheaters out there than just 5k. How many have they sold so far? 2 million or so? Only 5 thousand cheaters? Find that difficult to believe.

News Comments > 1C Company on Game Profitability
18. Re: 1C Company on Game Profitability Sep 30, 2010, 17:41 LittleMe

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 30, 2010, 13:50:
This man has it right... you don't always need to market to everyone and try to make a hundred million dollars. Make a game for a specified group and make it good to great, then all those people will buy it because they don't get served that often. Smaller investment equals smaller profit, but profit all the same...

Yes and while they do that they build a good rapport with their customers which is worth a lot.

if 1C spent all their capital trying to be the next EA they might go bankrupt in 2 years.

Yeah and so very risky but suits here think this is the way to go, but it's really just a form of ego boosting to have the 'biggest and best' selling IP out there. Egos take the fun out of gaming.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer
5. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Sep 30, 2010, 17:37 LittleMe

No dedicated servers? No modding support? I might buy it when it gets down to $5 because that's all it'll be worth.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Net Neutrality Proposal Falls Apart. Sep 30, 2010, 12:45 LittleMe

But the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia rejected that argument. It ruled that the agency had overstepped its authority when it ordered Comcast to stop blocking subscribers from using an online file-sharing service called BitTorrent to swap movies and other big files.

No matter what, the authorities aren't going to facilitate torrent traffic. The current proposed FCC NN laws/rules specifically say that it will only apply to legal Internet traffic. I rather doubt they are going to back torrent because a small percentage of torrent is actually legal permitted content.

News Comments > TopWare Says Two Worlds II is Complete
12. Re: TopWare Says Two Worlds II is Complete Sep 30, 2010, 06:02 LittleMe

I agree launch hype and initial sales are the life's blood of many game developers/publishers. Just because you are upset for the delay does that mean you can't understand why they delayed?

I also was wondering 'why not early December?' so thanks to Cram for answering with the new WoW:Cata release. Yeah I think even though Cataclysm is PC only it might pull many console gamers away so it should be seen as a huge industry release.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. ISPs Still Have Anti-Competitive Grip On Many Developments. Sep 30, 2010, 05:52 LittleMe

Yeah, ignore the elephant in the room. Most ISP's have anti-competitive grip on towns and cities! Here the kettle is calling the pot black.

4787 Comments. 240 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo