Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5009 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 at GDC
2. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 11:04 LittleMe

It's probably expecting a bit much that BF3 will have BF2 type gameplay.

Didn't some/many of the BF2 team, especially programmers, leave DICE after BF2 and that made it much harder for them to make the 1.5 patch?

Don't get me wrong, BC2 is a well made game.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 11, 2011, 10:51 LittleMe

With the ARS logo being very UN-like I see how they nicely frame a Big Brother article as being a good idea. The government-paid trolls that love their overlords in the comments thread is also a nice touch.

I might however support a government initiative to make it nearly impossible to determine who is someone. Nah, I wouldn't.

News Comments > SEGA Genesis Classics
4. Re: SEGA Genesis Classics Jan 11, 2011, 06:41 LittleMe

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 01:30:
I am finding out more and more that I need to leave these gaming memories in the past......as I go back and play them, I realize how far we have come and the fun just ins't there anymore. I much more enjoy the MEMORY of how awesome the game WAS instead of trying to relive it....

The most glaring is when I fired up the HD version of Earhworm Jim on XBOX360 that I purchased on sale some weeks ago....

Same goes for Voltron, HeMan, Smurfs, etc etc etc.....

Galaga (upright arcade version) is still as fun as ever, but last year I found that my wrist couldn't handle the abuse. Must be getting old. Fired up Berzerk a few weeks ago in mame and it still has some charm. At eleven years old I got 25k on the arcade version with the big huge stick. Now I can't even get 10k using a keyboard which might be better.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Obama administration moves forward with unique internet ID for all Americans. T Jan 10, 2011, 21:44 LittleMe

You are all sheep. It's the fluoride in your drinking water making you easy to control.

News Comments > Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits
5. Re: Stardock: Fixing Elemental Will Eat Its Profits Jan 10, 2011, 21:33 LittleMe

That said, they've lost the benefit of the doubt that they used to have regarding their games.

People want to forgive and understand that mistakes happen. I hope Stardock reaps benefits from fixing this err.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Why Are Taxpayers Subsidizing Facebook, and the Next Bubble? Jan 7, 2011, 13:54 LittleMe

Moral hazard indeed. End the fed.

News Comments > Banned Games on Steam in Australia
2. Re: Banned Games on Steam in Australia Jan 7, 2011, 13:47 LittleMe

Does this mean that the govt there revoked the right to play games already purchased, even if purchased years ago?

If so, that sounds like a strong reason to not use STEAM if the paternalistic govt can revoke gaming privileges.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. FCC survey suggests Schools and Libraries need more IT staff. Jan 6, 2011, 09:53 LittleMe

There's another way to interpret that result. Government is not very competent. In 2001 I did an Information Security project as a contractor for a federal agency. Their IT staff was dumber than dumb. No, really, there was no incentive for them to have a real clue. These people in government are heralded as the second coming of Jesus by the masses, but in truth government just plain sucks at doing a good job for doing most things.

News Comments > New Bad Company 2 Content Unlikely
1. Re: New Bad Company 2 Content Unlikely Jan 6, 2011, 09:45 LittleMe

Fine with me. Please focus instead on making BF3 for PC better than BF2 in every way.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
1. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 09:44 LittleMe

Well said. So why then, Gabe, do your games fail to focus on the strengths of the PC platform and instead amount multiplatform console games? Why not take a risk on a hardcore PC exclusive title?

24. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 06:12 LittleMe

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 01:09:
PHJF wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 01:00:
The integrated video on Sandy Bridge is no better than the integrated video everybody's motherboards already has. It's still beyond worthless to anyone even considering playing a modern video game.

Is that so?

No, it isn't. The integrated GPU on sandy bridge is quite capable. It's not a hardcore gamer solution but it's good enough to play on low/medium settings on modern titles to get around 30fps or so (the 3000 variant). IMO, it's a big deal. But it's not hundreds of times faster than anything previously available (pinky to mouth).

IMO, Intel should have made the gpu core bigger on the new Quad cores and then dropped a CPU core to make the chip more balanced for gaming. Or at least, offered that option.

23. Re: Quote of the Day Jan 6, 2011, 06:09 LittleMe

DangerDog wrote on Jan 6, 2011, 01:42:
Also, isn't this integrated graphics from Intel not even DirectX 11 capable?

DirectX 11 is backwards compatible with DX10. There are, however, some features that are exclusive to DX11. But still, you can play a DX11 game on DX10 hardware.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 5, 2011, 13:24 LittleMe

Without RTFA, it sure sounds like good news.

News Comments > RIFT Launch Date and Pricing Details
2. Re: RIFT Launch Date and Pricing Details Jan 4, 2011, 17:39 LittleMe

The screenshots look good but how's the depth of gameplay? Is it shallow click click click or is there a real game in there?  

News Comments > Million Tank March
4. Re: Million Tank March Jan 4, 2011, 16:36 LittleMe

Million Tank March - ROFLOL.

News Comments > UK PC Sales Chart
2. Re: UK PC Sales Chart Jan 4, 2011, 13:00 LittleMe

Mac wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 10:11:
Meaningless until they start to include online sales

Not entirely meaningless. You can double this figure to get a rough estimated total. This post has US figures for 2010 showing that all PC game sales outsold all consoles combined. It's just a rough guesstimate, apparently.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Hackers leave PS3 security in tatters. Jan 4, 2011, 03:40 LittleMe

Ashley wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 21:31:
WOW!

I was skeptical and figured they just found a workaround that ran rogue code in between checks. But no, they rooted the PS3 to the core.

I don't think they can tell if it is legit code running or not anymore.
WOW!

The tighter their grip, the more star systems that slipped through their fingers. Sony shares some blame for this. Hopefully this will teach the industry that keeping some openness with otherOS on PS3 helped their own bottom line.

Publishers should have cried foul when Sony removed otherOS, because it meant pirates would have reign on the platform. But no, as usual, when someone else's freedoms are trampled, others stand by and watch because they don't care about other people's freedoms. No, people mostly care about money, not freedom.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Hackers leave PS3 security in tatters. Jan 4, 2011, 03:39 LittleMe

Ashley wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 21:31:
WOW!

I was skeptical and figured they just found a workaround that ran rogue code in between checks. But no, they rooted the PS3 to the core.

I don't think they can tell if it is legit code running or not anymore.
WOW!

The tighter their grip, the more star systems that slipped through their fingers. Sony has only themselves to blame. Hopefully this will teach the industry that keeping some openness with otherOS on PS3 helped their own bottom line.

News Comments > Independent Games Festival Finalists
8. Re: Independent Games Festival Finalists Jan 3, 2011, 14:34 LittleMe

Overon wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 14:27:
Call me crazy but Minecraft is going to win the grand prize.

Looks that way to me also. Seems to be a genuine phenomena.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 3, 2011, 10:12 LittleMe

Is it worth getting upset over?

5009 Comments. 251 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo