Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4825 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

News Comments > Medal of Honor Patch Notes
4. Re: Medal of Honor Patch Notes Oct 21, 2010, 03:20 LittleMe

Obviously you have never taken a groin shot.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 01:32 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 01:23:
Decided not to trust my eyes and see what FPS I was getting, it was actually dipping into the single digits at times.

Installed the fixed dll, 60FPS at all times.

Rock-solid QA work, Bethesda and Obsidian. Fuck...

Just had my first crash to desktop, so that's not fixed either. (Though I wonder if it's related to the fixed dll.)

Congrats on the fps fix. Agreed, their QA manager must be a crack head junkie or something. For the CTD's, try lowering the video quality sliders to medium as a test. Happens to me too when I bump them too high. Not sure why it happens.

15. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 21, 2010, 00:45 LittleMe

I'm reading that game launch crashes can also be caused by third party codecs (video playback codecs I think). If you are willing, clean your machine of them and see if that helps.

6. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 20, 2010, 23:32 LittleMe

Fion wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 23:14:
Yea I've done that, it helps in some areas. I've turned off water, disabled facial animations, put the dx9 dll in the game folder, and more. I still get frame rate losses in certain situations.

The hacked d3d9.dll (a 104KB file) had a HUGE improvement for me and then once I enabled vsync the game is nearly perfect, performance-wise! New Vegas is absolutely f-ing great now. I was sooo upset before. I also had to set ifpsclamp to 60 in the falloutprefs.ini and then set the file to read only and then BAM. Try that.

News Comments > Men of War: Vietnam Website, Trailer
15. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Website, Trailer Oct 20, 2010, 20:28 LittleMe

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 15:23:
Also I discovered you can transfer MUCH quicker with the old double click, as opposed to dragging each box/clip over.

Shift click the << button and you transfer everything over to all nearby units, divided up. I think that's the right method. There are hidden things like that (which should be hinted at) in the game to make it easier.

12. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Website, Trailer Oct 20, 2010, 00:46 LittleMe

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 19:16:
As I said, I doubt it would kill the game to have a command button for "pick up ammo only" to at least speed up that process, or god forbid, a toggle for infinite ammo on non-explosive weapons. But opinions will differ.

Yeah would be nice to have a pickup ammo or weapon nearby key. The AI should do it automatically (does it?) too.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details
76. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 19, 2010, 17:22 LittleMe

Dev wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 05:59:
Because thats the day/time that Beth picked? Regardless of the coordination, they picked that time (as evidenced by their blog as I mentioned).
Selling early would mean people would get upset at getting a non-functional game.

As for why to do a simultaneous release there's lots of reasons for that. To prevent price gouging, to help reduce piracy, to have the hype for the game to peak worldwide at the same time, and more.

And yes, I agree, it was mishandled, I thought it was mishandled by steam until I saw the thing on beth blog mentioning it. Presumably they wanted to have it 3 hours later for one coast rather than 3 hours early for another coast. I think thats stupid, but thats what beth decided to do.

Well that's exactly what I got, a non-functioning game. Also console gamers got to play as soon as they got home, PC players did not (unless you live in PST time zone). The midnight launch event was nearly pointless for PC players.

7. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Website, Trailer Oct 19, 2010, 17:19 LittleMe

Kajetan wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 17:09:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 15:01:
The Men of War series could have been amazing, but it's held back in my opinion by the insane amount of micro required simply to give each of your troops enough ammo, especially in the first game.
The micromanagement is part of the fun for people, who like this series. If you do not like micromanagement, look elsewhere. But do not demand another casual-slaughter of a fine niche game

Agreed. Would hate to see this dumbed down. Remember MoW:Vietnam is being made by the publisher so it's anyone's guess if it will be as good as MoW. Assault Squad is the real sequel.

News Comments > etc.
1. THQ: We'd build a UK super-studio with Govt support Oct 19, 2010, 15:36 LittleMe

Nearly everyone wants a government handout at the expense of other people and they justify it with self-serving dogma.

News Comments > Game Reviews
20. Re: Game Reviews Oct 19, 2010, 15:24 LittleMe

Ratty wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 15:18:
OK, just had my first crash after an hour of playing. The other bug is so senseless: Doesn't seem to be any way to change graphic settings. At the first menu you can change things like resolution, anti-aliasing, etc. but the changes are ignored. When you then go into the game to play the settings are what they were originally. How could this have gotten past QA? Luckily my machine can handle the somewhat high settings. It's a little rough but still playable.

Yeah it's like they spent the whole time creating content and put nothing into fixing the quirks of the engine (like locked FOV, annoying mouse acceleration, framerate skipping). Last week I reinstalled Fallout 3 to prep for this launch and installed a lot of cool mods and am thinking to go back to that until there are some fixes/patches/mods to address the issues. I had a hard lockup+crash in the game also.

47. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 19, 2010, 04:35 LittleMe

Dev wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 04:12:
LittleMe wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 02:49:
Agreed. Same thing happened to me. STEAM should detect a retail key+disc and allow the gamer to play it!! /rage
The reason is they don't want anyone playing it before the "retail" date/time, even if someone buys it "early". Its been done this way with steamworks games since HL2 (remember how some got HL2 a week early at retail stores that broke the street date, and then were unable to play it?). Dead Rising 2 had its own MS version of this, and I think securom games have something like it too.

In this case, its obvious what happened. Someone told valve "midnight" and they assumed it meant PST since thats where valve HQ is. Beth and valve should have worked it out so that it was midnight EST instead.

Edit:
Or maybe beth dictated it since they say its 3am EST on their blog
since I just RTFA

Then why wait until midnight on the 18th to sell the game? They could have sold it for the past couple days, once it started arriving in stores.

To me it looks like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. They delay the retail sales until 12am on the 18th and then don't activate it for another three hours. Three hours is not insignificant, imo. They aren't coordinated between digital and retail.

They could have sold the game to me yesterday when I came in to preorder and it would have made zero difference to their release launch since the game was sold to me locked anyway.

45. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 19, 2010, 04:11 LittleMe

Started a game. It's great news for the existing mod community. Has the same engine and the game has the same quirks and setup files as F3. Yay!

43. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 19, 2010, 02:57 LittleMe

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 01:27:
So if you need Steam - why is ANYONe buying it retail? Skip the tax and trip!!!

I like having the box, manual, disc, etc. Although recently these Steamworks games (this and Civ5) are putting me off on the whole retail thing, true.

42. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 19, 2010, 02:49 LittleMe

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 01:13:
This whole using steam as DRM is retarded. Having to wait for a retail copy to be "unlocked" by an over rated digital distribution platform is flat out ridiculous.

Agreed. Same thing happened to me. STEAM should detect a retail key+disc and allow the gamer to play it!! /rage

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2010, 03:07.

41. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 19, 2010, 02:45 LittleMe

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 23:49:
In FO3 I get crashes every hour almost on the nuts....

There's a mod that improves stability for the game. The fallout 3 stutter remover might be the one I'm thinking of:

This plugin makes Fallout 3 not "stutter" as much, and generally feel smoother or perform better. It prevents or mitigates a number of issues related to stuttering and framerates, and can reduce the frequency of stutter related crashes. For more detail, see Section 7: How This Works.

But the community patch might help you too. gl

8. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 18, 2010, 21:45 LittleMe

What I'm hearing is that if you liked F3 then you'll like F:NV. Obsidian is hyping 100+ hours of gameplay plus side quests so it might be a much bigger game.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
11. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 18, 2010, 16:53 LittleMe

LIQUID-SEX wrote on Oct 17, 2010, 22:37:
Humans are disgusting animals.

Or more eloquently put, humans are a dangerously insane and sick species. Here's a quote which nails this subject, from The Power of Now:

How is it possible that humans killed in excess of one hundred million fellow humans in the 20th century alone? Humans inflicting pain of such magnitude on one another is beyond anything you can imagine. And that's not taking into account the mental, emotional and physical violence, the torture, pain and cruelty they continue to inflict on each other as well as on other sentient beings on a daily basis.

...Only people who are in a deeply negative state, who feel very bad indeed, would create such a reality as a reflection of how they feel. ... Humans are a dangerously insane and very sick species. That's not a judgement. It's a fact.

From page 87 from this outstanding book.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2010, 16:58.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. ArcaniA: Gothic 4 on Hooked Gamers. Oct 18, 2010, 16:36 LittleMe

Reviewing the game based on what they want, not what the game is and does well... It's an unabashed casual semi-open world RPG with great graphics. It doesn't have very deep gameplay but it's fun to play.

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Project Reality
5. Re: New Battlefield 2 Project Reality Oct 18, 2010, 16:33 LittleMe

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:58:
You have to be the kind of person that enjoys lots of teamwork and slow, deliberate fights, but if you're a fan or ArmA or something like that then this is one of the most awesome mods in the history of the world. The amount of intricacy and depth they've added is pretty breathtaking.

Well said..

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:58:
I haven't played in forever and presumably 90% of the people who play are idiots but it's great fun if you get a good team and a good match.

The player community has gone through a process of natural selection and now just about every game is a good match and cooperation is better than any other FPS that I know of.

ps. enjoying your resuming of your MoW vids! TYTY!

News Comments > New Battlefield 2 Project Reality
3. Re: New Battlefield 2 Project Reality Oct 18, 2010, 13:43 LittleMe

Yeah one of the best mods ever. Unfortunately this release has CTD bugs and I got one almost as soon as I joined a game. Can't play the game now. People are also complaining about this in the launch announcement thread.

4825 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 84.
< Newer [ 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo