Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4901 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity
5. Re: Capcom Working on Ultra Street Fighter IV Connectivity Aug 10, 2014, 14:19 LittleMe

Gruntstein wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 11:07:
SF4's netcode has been dog shit from day 1. Unlike every multiplayer game that has been released since Quakeworld, it doesn't use client-side prediction so you have to deal with input delay that varies with your ping. Amazing that they were able to make it even worse.

Slightly off topic but damn QW sure did ruin Q1's solid gameplay as a sacrifice for 28.8kbps dialup modem gameplay. Netquake plays vastly better if you have just a bit more bandwidth. Of course it depends on the connection and server quality too but I still have QW rubberbandy nightmares.

Edit: Here's a very close approximation of what the QW nightmare is for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkftxdd1E8Q

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2014, 14:31.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
6. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 14:13 LittleMe

Can't they do a dual 32/64 bit install where there would be two shortcuts or maybe even a simple launcher that picks the correct executable?

$25 each for the redux's, a bit too much for me considering I own both fo the originals already, but I'd pay $10 for the upgrade (each). This especially considering I didn't play them all that much anyway. I applaud the effort. 2033 especially had bad performance IIRC. Will buy, not full price no way.

News Comments > Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust
6. Re: Boss Key Looking to Re-earn Trust Aug 9, 2014, 15:17 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 13:57:
Sweeney never abandoned PC, ue always supported it. And considering gears made them billionaires, it was a good business move.

PC gamers are often monstrously emotional and constantly feeling weird betrayal. I never get the "we made you and you abandoned us!" Argument. We hated cliff before that. Stop crying.

+1 this. I guess if I was in his position to personally make tens of millions (??) I'd probably develop for consoles too. We could just appreciate that he's coming back to PC and see what he does. No I'm not psyched, but I'll passively spectate. I like the vibe in the first paragraph quote blue posted where he talks about old school FPS map design as in Quake.

That said, I don't blame or fault many for being highly skeptical. I wouldn't be surprised if CB ended up sacrificing PC gameplay and quality to make it work on consoles. I'm not entitled but I control what I buy.

He has to actually *earn* trust. Talk is cheap as far as promising the PC players. That said, this sort of old school FPS hasn't seen a revival in demand unlike old school PC RPG's.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 9, 2014, 14:22 LittleMe

Oh I thought pussies always did this.

edit: or script kitties? LOL

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2014, 14:29.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 8, 2014, 22:45 LittleMe

Yeah the 80's had some real duds and unfortunately several of them sold well, including the C64 - what a piece of shit. lol exaggerating a bit but damn it just wasn't very good. It was just okay but it had some real design flaws too. If not flaws just lacking in innovation. And those Apple 8bits were mediocre as well. PC's were over priced also but not as bad as the Apples. I guess the industry was really rough around the edges and buyers were too often clueless about the tech. If the computers just functioned that was a victory for the platform, lol.  

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced
2. Re: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Announced Aug 8, 2014, 15:42 LittleMe

Damn those 2012 graphics to hell !!! Bring on the glorious graphical splendor of 2014!!

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
16. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 6, 2014, 19:09 LittleMe

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 18:56:
Not it doesn't actually run everything Windows 7 runs.. some old games do no longer work

Yes and I can't fathom why they'd do that considering the entire reason for Windows' success is that it can run all the legacy software, except that Vista/7/8 each introduced too many compatibility problems and didn't focus on running legacy software as well as they could have. Amiright?

Now MS has all incompatible versions of Windows on the market now and that was a self defeating thing to do. They should have been doing the exact opposite. I think they're trying to correct that huge mistake but damn.. Someone there just wanted to copy the competition and didn't understand why they were one of the richest companies in the world.

News Comments > July Steam Hardware & Software Survey
12. Re: July Steam Hardware & Software Survey Aug 6, 2014, 15:15 LittleMe

Yeah I've been tempted to buy Win8 lately but if 9 is out before long then maybe it's best to wait.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: The FBI uses malware to combat online anonymity. Aug 5, 2014, 23:13 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 20:51:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 19:03:
If there's evidence of a crime in progress, I might support it except that the definition of 'crime' keeps expanding and so do their tentacles.

Their tentacles expand in direct correlation to the shrinking of their testicles.

Cutter, you like movies about gladiators?

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
16. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 5, 2014, 22:58 LittleMe

Another perspective... Let's order pizza and charge it to good 'ole Blizz.

News Comments > PC Ultra Street Fighter IV Friday
2. Re: PC Ultra Street Fighter IV Friday Aug 5, 2014, 20:16 LittleMe

Oh dayum I can't wait for the Reloaded! Spring 2015 - bring it on.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. The FBI uses malware to combat online anonymity. Aug 5, 2014, 19:03 LittleMe

If there's evidence of a crime in progress, I might support it except that the definition of 'crime' keeps expanding and so do their tentacles.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. US military studied how to influence Twitter users in Darpa-funded research. Aug 4, 2014, 19:34 LittleMe

Evil often wraps itself in words of good intentions.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
41. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 15:50 LittleMe

It's narcissistic behavior. I suggest you all look up Sam Vaknin's YouTube videos on it. Here is a good start, they love to be hated and hate to be loved.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Aug 1, 2014, 15:42 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:33:
TheEmissary wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 13:07:
Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:15:
When Linux becomes as easy as Windows and games run the same way under it then people will adopt. Otherwise it'll always be a pipe dream.

There are plenty of distributions and Windowing Shells that are as easy as windows. The problem is that Linux has too many competing standards and formats that make it difficult for new users to make sense of it. The amount of redundant effort for certain things can hurt as much as it can help.

There ya go. Anyone from the outside looking in doesn't even know where to start. With Windows you know exactly what you're getting. As open as Linux is, that's also one of its major problems.

Yes. Those standards aren't really standards either. It's a moving target. One year it's this, the next it's that.

Speculation - Valve could invest a lot of money to help get games publishers to solidify on their own standards but then the Linux community might revolt as they are known to do. Then it would be a fork and not backed by the Linux community and that could be it's death blow.

News Comments > Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series
5. Re: Defiance Game Not Dependent on TV Series Jul 31, 2014, 14:06 LittleMe

Good to hear.

I'm more of the opinion that the game is far better than the show. Granted I only watched the first couple episodes but they were awful.

News Comments > Defiance Expansion Next Week
3. Re: Defiance Expansion Next Week Jul 31, 2014, 00:42 LittleMe

Yeah it's a fun game for an easy drop in for an hour every once in a while.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2014, 21:35 LittleMe

No one named Albert has ever tried to go into space since then and for good reason.

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
7. Re: I think i'm burnt out Jul 30, 2014, 03:01 LittleMe

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 23:16:
ELITE wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 22:43:
I think I'm done with Call of Duty and Battlefields - and Titans and all the rest...

I must be getting old...

No. *Smart*. You're growing a brain. Congrats on that!

+1 yes.

For me it's because the game is too arcadey with no meaningful teamwork but everyone soloing. That's why I still love Project Reality in BF2. Connecting with other players over a fantastic VOIP system and working towards a goal in a more immersive battlefield environment (not the graphics). I get to develop a working repore and get to know other players and their way of doing things. It's just so much more meaningful to me than this superficial console arcadey bullshit that is BF4. To me, BF4 wasn't designed by gamers who are inspired about what they do and what seasoned FPS gamers what.

News Comments > Firefall Launches
15. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 30, 2014, 02:53 LittleMe

I've been playing it some the past few days and I don't care for it so far. It just doesn't draw me in. It seems superficial. I don't care about thumpers or resources. The game just fails to try to connect to me. Instead it just plops me in the world with a steep learning curve (good) but no compelling reason to care to play. I can shoot stuff in lots of games, why play this one?

4901 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo