Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5129 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Unofficial Oblivion Patch
1. Re: Unofficial Oblivion Patch Nov 9, 2011, 21:18 LittleMe

Very nice! Also too, not using it is at your own risk.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Book of Unwritten Tales Patch; Piracy Plea
6. Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales Patch; Piracy Plea Nov 9, 2011, 21:04 LittleMe

Looks like they got a lot of free publicity to me.  

News Comments > Skyrim to Offer "Infinite Quests"
53. Play it, then judge it Nov 9, 2011, 15:32 LittleMe

Lets see how it plays, then we'll know if it sucks or not. I have some confidence in Bethsoft.  

News Comments > Skyrim Preloads; Diary
11. Re: Skyrim Preloads; Diary Nov 9, 2011, 01:31 LittleMe

Anyone else pre-ordered from NewEgg? My order is still "On hold." Is NewEgg good about getting the game delivered on time? (the 10th or 11th?)

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 7, 2011, 22:16 LittleMe

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 22:09:
Xbox 720 Will Be Cheaper, 'Far Smaller Than 360' And Run On Windows 9 [Rumor].

Wow, let's just totally make shit up! I got it: it has a built in toaster.

wtf are you talking about? The 360 was a toaster. The little red circular light let you know it was done.

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
2. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 7, 2011, 22:11 LittleMe

You are riding your horse in hostile lands, hundreds of creatures looking at both of you thinking how easy prey you are. There's nothing, nothing, protecting your naked horse from the vile inhabitants. What are you going to do now? Oblivion had this problem solved, lock stock & barrel. Now instead of paying $5 for the best armor ever, we have to pay $10 for lots more things just so we can keep our stallion safe? $10 DLC to make the game better with so many game improvements and we have to keep track of them by reading a feature list that is more than two words ("horse armor")? I miss the good old days of '06!  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2011, 22:58 LittleMe

Acleacius wrote on Nov 6, 2011, 16:16:
Nice price on Morrowind, too bad it's on gamestop.

Yea, Impulse version uses a custom Morrowind.exe that makes some game modding impossible such as the Morrowind Overhaul - Sound & Graphics.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. First review of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is in. T Nov 6, 2011, 16:01 LittleMe

Great! Everything I'm hearing makes me believe Bethesda has mostly learned from Oblivion's many failings.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 5, 2011, 17:14 LittleMe

Yeah good review JaguarUSF! Well said and I agree with the 8/8 BF3 earns. Don't forget the TOW and mines for anti vehicles, not just rpg's & C4.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2011, 17:21.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
79. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 5, 2011, 12:06 LittleMe

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 22:33:
Apparently, they all had the same designer. There were a couple that were over the top gorgeous but it was storyline related dungeons, not side quests.

They've said they had a team of eight people making dungeons.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak
1. Re: Battlefield 3 GeForce Tweak Nov 4, 2011, 12:26 LittleMe

Here's another one I found on a forum:

Go to my documents/battlefield 3/settings and open up PROF_SAVE_profile

To turn off the sun glare, set Gst.Render Enlighten to 0, if you wish to lower the contrast, lower GstRender.Contrast a bit, same goes for GstRender.Brightness

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 3, 2011, 23:27 LittleMe

fujiJuice wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 22:29:
Yeah this one is definitely the worst with maybe the exception of 1942 on release. I followed two guys in a jeep in my own jeep and once they stopped I switched to the gunner position and lit their gunner up for a good 20 seconds. I couldn't figure out why he wasn't dying, the whole time he is searching for me even looking right at me and not seeing me. Finally I get shot in the back of the head and my death cam shows my jeep 100 feet in front of his. It was very strange, because I wasn't lagged out, I could see all the activity in front of me just fine.

What you describe sounds like an uplink disconnect to the server. You were receiving data from the server alright, but your packets might not have been getting back to the server. My advice for you is to consider this an issue with the particular server you are playing on and try another.

BF3 seems to hide network problems so that people don't "feel" the lag as they play. Instead it hides the lag and this shows up in very strange ways, just as you describe. All games can do is try to hide lag, but there are bad gameplay consequences for trying to hide lag. It's possible a future update can alleviate some or most of this.

Getting laggy "around the corner" deaths and rubber banding in BF3? I suggest playing on another server (but that still might not completely fix the issue).

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
11. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 3, 2011, 22:21 LittleMe

fujiJuice wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 21:50:
The lag and rubber-banding is pretty ridiculous most of the time, it is rare that I find a server with none. It seems to be the worst on Tehran Highway.

Yeah there's the rubber banding and then there's the equally bad lag deaths when I'm already around the corner but taking hits anyway because the person shooting me is lagged. It means the client is dominant, not the server. It's a way to hide lag and it sacrifices gameplay for those of us with low pings. BF3 is much worse than BF2 in this regard. IIRC even BC2 didn't behave like this.

News Comments > AMD Cuts 1,400 Jobs
5. Re: AMD Cuts 1,400 Jobs Nov 3, 2011, 22:15 LittleMe

This can be a good thing. AMD can come back strong after cutting some fat out. I realize it's not all fat, of course.

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 20:51:
Damn I hope AMD makes it since Intel needs competition. I knew that stupid merger with ATI was a waste of billions.....

Well today's competition is also from tablets, phones, consoles, so the mainline Intel platform still must compete on price/performance (I hope!).

News Comments > Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced
19. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 17:09 LittleMe

LittleMe wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 17:09:
Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:58:
LittleMe wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:56:
Does the game expose the violence of "greedy politicians and corporate special interests" or does the game only paint those who question the system as 'unnecessarily' violent?

Of course not.

So you agree that there's media bias then?

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 16:58:
For one, the game is likely going to play with the moral ambiguity.
Even if it doesn't, the terrorists will clearly be terrorists regardless of motives. LittleMe, I know you have a tinfoil hat on, but if some OWS people put a nuclear bomb in the middle of Wall Street and blew it up wouldn't you say that they were terrorists? Even if you agreed with their fundamental ideas?

Question is, who are the *real* terrorists? Who is likely to gain from false-flag attacks? Are countless trillions of dollars in military and other mass-paranoia related funding at stake in your hypothetical scenario? Who stands to gain? Well, it's already happened, and we've seen the result.

17. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 16:56 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 15:45:
You really think this plot is as simple as it sounds?
In Rainbow Six the terrorists were convinced industry was ruining the environment and causing global warming. That didn't mean their tactics were ok.

True. "The means and the end are one." - Eckhart Tolle

That said, isn't this game pandering to the notion that people who think "the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests" are terrorists? Or at least potentially? It seems to blur that line. This is happening.

"The True Patriots will do whatever it takes to reclaim their country." - so does the game distinguish between those who are violent and those who disagree with violent action but still see the corruption and evil that controls the world?

Does the game expose the violence of "greedy politicians and corporate special interests" or does the game only paint those who question the system as 'unnecessarily' violent?

16. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Announced Nov 3, 2011, 16:55 LittleMe

dupe!  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin?
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 13:30 LittleMe

Prez wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 13:25:
As much as I admire the sentiment, it seems like a good way to end up banned from playing the game at all. Assuming EA can detect who is doing it and close the loophole.

Sure but to me this news story is as much about protesting the Origin requirement as it is about the actual Origin workaround. Thanks Blue!!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Nov 2, 2011, 01:45 LittleMe

Looks like a nice enough game for a run through.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2011, 18:21 LittleMe

DangerDog wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 16:24:
space captain wrote on Nov 1, 2011, 15:06:
need more stories about the Amiga

Bill Gates could be quoted as having help create the Amiga too, Microsoft made Amiga Basic which was included with every machine.

LOL Amiga BASIC didn't go anywhere, unlike with the 8bits. IIRC Commodore said they were disappointed with the partnership. Amiga basic did have a nice sound command that would used pitch as frequency in actual hertz so one could theoretically easily make a phreaking program.

5129 Comments. 257 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo