Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4780 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Feb 9, 2011, 18:10 LittleMe

JaguarUSF wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 11:28:
Somebody finally agrees with me on Breach, and posted on the same day, too!

Thanks for your review. Maybe I'll try it after all.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Dungeon Siege III Stability
4. Re: On Dungeon Siege III Stability Feb 8, 2011, 00:00 LittleMe

What made the first DS great is the modding scene (ultima 6 remake!). I hope DS III will be just as moddable.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details
39. Re: Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details Feb 7, 2011, 18:44 LittleMe

This way that DICE is revealing details on BF3 is sloppy, imo. A full interview with good questions and good answers is what we want. Sure, radiosity is nice, but we want assurances of gameplay elements like map sizes, squads, voip, commander role, etc etc and everything that still makes BF2 unique and the best at what it does.

AMRA1 has a great PvP setting that starts with a misty dawn and as the game progresses, it gets lighter and the sun rises. It sets a great mood / very immersive. I always wanted something like that in a Battlefield game. I hope radiosity makes things like that happen. Sounds fantastic, but not essential.

News Comments > Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details
37. Re: Frostbite 2 Trailer, BF3 Details Feb 7, 2011, 18:39 LittleMe

DangerDog wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 18:11:
Rhett wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 18:04:
I want the grappling hook back! That was like, the only and best reason to play Special Forces! It was fun! I guess they don't like having fun.

I too loved special forces, grappling hook and zip line were really cool. It might be because that wasn't a DICE add-on (EA Canada made it and were then shut down) so they're being snobs towards it. The other factor is that it invited glitching into buildings by players who abuse it.

That comment about "leaving special forces to MOH" was 100% stupid.

The grapple is also very nice to have in Project Reality. The recent Tomb Raider game has the best rope physics I've ever seen in a game. DICE should buy/license that code. If there's no rope in BF3 then that'll be a doggy downer.

News Comments > BF2 Content in Battlefield 3?
20. Re: BF2 Content in Battlefield 3? Feb 6, 2011, 05:27 LittleMe

Sepharo wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 03:33:
bigspender wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 02:58:
can't say i've ever bothered to play a mod in and BF games. I'd rather a more polished product or more content, than have amateur content from fans

Never played BF mods but you're ready to brush them off as unpolished? Desert Combat ended up being a better game than 1942, it was certainly far ahead of its time. The developers got picked up by DICE to work on BF2.

Also the vast majority of mods for the BF series and most moddable FPS in general aren't total conversions. They're small scripts, modified vehicle spawns, management controls, new game modes. All things that improve the game but don't bring any measurable profit to the publisher.

You've likely been playing on servers with lots of different mods, just not total conversions.

Exactly. Quake3 is based off Quake1 mods with the CTF and timed matches, etc. Mods have advanced the industry. There's a huge creative potential in the community that is accessed when games allow modding. Bethesda's RPG's also capitalize on that. Nuff said.

News Comments > Precursors Patch
1. Re: Precursors Patch Feb 5, 2011, 02:08 LittleMe

I've heard it's a good game except for the slew of bugs so this patch is good news I think.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Giant archaeological trove found in Google Earth. Feb 5, 2011, 02:07 LittleMe

Very cool!  

News Comments > 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall
69. Re: 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall Feb 4, 2011, 23:23 LittleMe

Glad to hear support for 64 players, but I'd like them to add engine support for 128 players for LAN events, etc..

You guys asking for custom features like disabling jets and snipers is why we want full mod support for BF3. And for the record, the jets and snipers are toned *way* down in Project Reality for BF2. Most maps don't even have jets in PR and there's a low limit (2 per team I think) of snipers. Project Reality turned BF2 into a much better experience in almost every way, but does require more patience.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 News Tomorrow?
6. Re: Biggest Game of 2011 Feb 3, 2011, 17:22 LittleMe

Techie714 wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 17:06:

I have HUGE hopes for BF3...I'm really putting all my eggs in one basket for this game. I expect it to be quite different from BC2 although looking at my Steam account I have 167 HOURS in BC2...lol. I really hope it's closer to Project Reality.

Well apparently the game's been in development since before they started developing BC2, right? There's a reasonable expectation that it won't be BC3, but tomorrow we'll know more.

Yes, if they had a hardcore mode that copied Project Reality then that would redeem 2011 and perhaps even the global recession. If they didn't I sincerely hope the game has full mod support so we can get PR2.

(lol 167 hours, nice..)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Senator: domain name seizures "alarmingly unprecedented". Feb 3, 2011, 17:00 LittleMe

Yes. So will this illegal activity and illegal authority be stopped or will we just get to read stuff like this? So will Blue's, or god knows whoever, be shut down with no due process?

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad This Month, Second Beta Opens
4. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad This Month, Second Beta Opens Feb 3, 2011, 16:36 LittleMe

Great news! Looking forward to it. My beta client updated recently too.. Best multiplayer RTS, imo.  

News Comments > Magicka Patched
2. Re: Magicka Patched Feb 3, 2011, 03:25 LittleMe

Yes very much. Also the quality of the patches seems great and are not causing more/unexpected problems. Knock on wood.

This small indie company gives me great hope for gaming, and hopefully they'll stick with the PC platform.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Analyst: All consoles to get price cuts in 2011. Feb 3, 2011, 00:06 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 22:56:
Given the crappy economy game prices should be going down too, not up. And they wonder why people pirate.

The Federal Reserve has been inflating the dollar. $50 ten years go bought a lot more than it does today. That's not the gaming industry's fault. Yes, people's income hasn't been keeping pace with inflation, I understand that too.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Feb 2, 2011, 22:21 LittleMe

Hey it's another zombie shooter! I feel the zombs withdrawal shakes already?? nah  

1. Analyst: All consoles to get price cuts in 2011. Feb 2, 2011, 22:16 LittleMe

However 2012 is still up in the air.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 2, 2011, 21:31 LittleMe

Yeah and the PC version is nowhere to be found, yet. Hopefully soon.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2011, 17:06 LittleMe

They said, however, that they'll make sure their forthcoming legislation "contains explicit language prohibiting the president from doing what President [Hosni] Mubarak did."

This smells like a PR move more than anything.

Legit concern or not, they hadn't seriously considered this unintended consequence and that it and of itself is cause for concern in their apparent lack of foresight in how government powers can be abused and used against the populace. I'm glad they put in some language to limit presidential powers to arbitrarily kill the Internet but they didn't add much.

Nevertheless, the feds should not have the authority to shut the Internet off. It's constantly under attack by hackers around the world anyway. The Internet is already a constant security concern. Internet providers already have the power to shut their own networks off if there's a serious security or threat to the network and they are best equipped to deal with such a circumstance anyway.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2011, 17:28.

2. Tropico 4 for Xbox 360 Set for a Q2 2011 Release. Feb 1, 2011, 22:47 LittleMe

Also says PC version Q2 2011 also. Yay!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2011, 14:48 LittleMe

Blue, short of Creston's outstanding feedback, you might consider joining the NFL. You'll get a set of elbow pads with the deal..?

Seriously though, I hope it improves and recovers for you!

News Comments > 128-Player BF2 Project Reality Server
3. Re: 128-Player BF2 Project Reality Server Feb 1, 2011, 01:51 LittleMe

zirik wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 01:07:
9mb is probably accurate as it needs a ton of data to calculate collision detection for bullets and other types of ammo.

9MB and 9mb are two entirely different things. You affirmed what I said - 9mb (megabits).

zirik wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 01:07:
did DICE ever release an official 64bit version of BF2? that might help in this situation.

No. They might with the new Battlefield play 4 free due soon.

4780 Comments. 239 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo