Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4978 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus
26. Re: Skyrim Map as Preorder Bonus Jun 23, 2011, 19:01 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 12:29:
I still have my cloth Ultima 4 map.

Creston

Same!! The Ultima 3 map is at my bro's.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 23, 2011, 18:58 LittleMe

Seven days of battery power? I think not!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2011, 18:38 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2011, 16:30:
Indeed. They couldn't just copy the data off the hard drives why?

No. That would make too much sense. The dirty peasants must be frightened whenever the FBI is involved. Work for the federal government and see how the internal politics, fear mongering and turf wars play out daily. All out of sight of the public.

News Comments > Portal 2 Sells 3 Million
8. Re: Portal Sells 3 Million Jun 22, 2011, 23:09 LittleMe

I'm thinking Portal 2 is more of a console game anyway so I'd bet the STEAM sales aren't more than 20% of the total. Pure speculation.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Quake’s 15th Anniversary Jun 22, 2011, 23:03 LittleMe

Also... Until now I didn't even know there was an interview going on in the offices while we all played. Great to see it now, finally. Johnc and Romero/Tom Hall came out later on. U/A won the clan match games.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Quake’s 15th Anniversary Jun 22, 2011, 22:41 LittleMe

dupe

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 2011, 00:41.

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
16. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 21, 2011, 23:19 LittleMe

I didn't even know a Tribes sequel was in the works. Can we hold more than two weapons at once? lol  

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
76. Re: QUAKE Jun 18, 2011, 00:10 LittleMe

Rockn-Roll wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 19:10:
Of course the only ones that truly know what happened are Romero, the Carmacks, Cloud, and Willits.

I spoke with Willits at QuakeCon 2006 about Quake1, which is by far and wide my favorite Quake game. IIRC he said he cleaned/polished up a lot of the levels by Romero and others too.

For me, Quakeworld was more 28.8 modem friendly, but the original Quake (aka 'netquake') offers a much better and more solid gameplay, especially since we now all have broadband. No rubber banding, no insta-kills from 300 ping players, etc.. Quakeworld played, and still does, play like shit. Netquake is what I hope they copy, but I realize it's an entirely different era in gaming and they'll probably bring over the the theme and perhaps little of the original gameplay and none of the code (it's GPL'd anyway). I suspect that they'd use an updated Rage engine.

For me, Quake2 multiplayer was a big disappointment. Q2 copied the Quakeworld net-code and the MP gameplay suffered greatly. Sure Q2 SP was fine and fun, and even the MP was wildly popular, but I hated it. Even the Q2 theme was somewhat generic.

I have low expectations. A Quake1 sequel designed for a gamepad - that's against my religion. I'd like to be hopeful though so I won't judge until I see/play it.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2011, 00:17.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
45. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 03:30 LittleMe

headkase wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 03:26:
But, I don't believe in over-arching conspiracies: just individual people acting in their own self-interests.

Yes it's perhaps very difficult to prove, an over-arching conspiracy. I don't claim to have indisputable proof. I'm just looking at the Origins logo. Look at the 'g' in origins. Its the only letter to have a hook or unusual aspect to it. An upside-down g is a 6. No?

37. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 03:20 LittleMe

headkase wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 03:13:
LOLOcopter! You forgot the Illuminati and their real masters: Majestic 12!!! You're a poor messenger..

Do you see the two hooks on the O in origins? Yes or no. Look at it. What do you think it is then? A propeller?

34. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 03:08 LittleMe

headkase wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 02:28:
It's a black eye for EA, and something they shouldn't have let happen in the first place.

Is this relevant to this discussion? I don't know, tell me.

I think it's somewhat relavent. Look at the Origins logo. Look at the vodafone logo.

There are claims that the vodafone logo has a 666 in it, and I sure do see it. (the two o's are six's and the six at the top) Now look at the origins logo. The first two sixes are obvious in the big O. The third is hinted in the specially hooked 'G'. Apparently there are many examples of 666 and occult references in major corporate logos. Like Lucent technologies having an address of 666 5TH AVE in NYC and the name is an alteration of Lucifer Enterprise technologies.

Hey I think it's great that EA is entering the market... I guess they must 'tow the line' and help bring in our new wrld order and communicate with the subconscious mind about who's in control.

Don't fight the messenger.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2011, 03:18.

23. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 02:03 LittleMe

I can't fathom why it took EA this freaking long to start their own DD service. Why didn't they start this ten years ago? The writing was on the wall in 1997 for Christ's sake. It's only been a question of broadband availability.

So now we have a healthy selection of DD services on PC. Something that no dirty console peasant has now or will have in the foreseeable future. I'm still bullish for PC gaming.

News Comments > Bethesda Hacked
4. Re: Bethesda Hacked Jun 13, 2011, 22:22 LittleMe

MrGrosser wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 22:12:
This explains why I was able to download Elder Scrolls V's today...

I'm about five hours in. Nice game. Did you get to the honey badger quest yet? I've explored the whole area and can't find the item.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Anonymous targeting Federal Reserve in next attack. Jun 13, 2011, 22:19 LittleMe

most likely with a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack designed to shut down the agency's Web site.

That's doesn't even qualify as a slap on the back of the hand of this iron fisted banking cartel. Like they really care that their little website might be down for a day or two. Big deal.

News Comments > Wizardry Online Announced
22. Re: Wizardry Online Announced Jun 13, 2011, 17:59 LittleMe

Zawath wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 17:15:
Permadeath can work just fine if you play on roleplay servers. There were many persistent world servers (Haze for example) for Neverwinter Nights that used permadeath and it really made the whole experience so much better because all your actions always had severe consequences.

I agree. Permadeth can add to the experience. It can add a healthy amount of tension if done right. It might need an option for 'everlasting' or 3 lives, or 1 life, such as what TomeNET does.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Special Needs Son Harassed by TSA at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Jun 10, 2011, 22:56 LittleMe

Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can! Yes We Can!  

News Comments > Battlezone II Patch
3. Re: Battlezone II Patch Jun 10, 2011, 15:51 LittleMe

Very cool. I'm guessing they genuinely love the game. Speaks volumes.  

News Comments > Codemasters Hacked
3. Re: Codemasters Hacked Jun 10, 2011, 11:48 LittleMe

Techie714 © wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 11:40:
Yep, got that same E-mail today. Whats up with all the hacking lately, PSN, Sony Pictures, Citi, Codemaster, etc.?? These companies need to start spending more on security & less on marketing!

IT staff are routinely undervalued or outright despised. Sometimes it's their own fault, sometimes not... This also goes for infosec. Or maybe this usually invisible staff was cut to save costs due to our chronic case of failed central economic planning.

News Comments > Neverwinter FAQ, E3 Media
1. Re: Neverwinter FAQ, E3 Media Jun 9, 2011, 15:34 LittleMe

This *looks* very nice. Community-made content - big plus. Fingers crossed!  

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3
35. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 9, 2011, 08:30 LittleMe

Teddy wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 20:38:
The problem I had with Black Ops single player was that it was so absolutely monotonously full of action and explosions and cannon fodder enemies that I was bored out of my freaking skull despite being in the thick of crazy intense action. .......... If there's no pause, no build up, no lulls in action then there's no tension whatsoever. Games these days, particularly the CoD series seem to have lost sight of the fact that a corridor or room that has no enemies in it may just serve to make things MORE interesting and compelling than filling every single room to the brim with enemies.

Yes there must be a healthy pause in-between the action sequences. More calm down than action is fine, if executed right. Hollywood action flicks have the calm periods down pat quite well. Good songs usually have effective mood transitions, too.

4978 Comments. 249 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo