Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4612 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2010, 19:04 LittleMe

I want to see a study on the violence associated with the war on drugs. Oh yeah, sorry, we chase ghosts and fictitious enemies.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif Announced
4. Re: ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif Announced Dec 9, 2010, 19:02 LittleMe

A passively entertaining game. Glad to see the expansion. Waiting for the $5 gold edition box at '5 Below' stores.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 9, 2010, 15:00 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 14:42:
Seriously, one of your gameplay elements is sitting on a bench eavesdropping? Right.

I loved that part. No game I played had tried that before. It worked. It was like an interactive movie.

Lastly, the game opened with you having access to all the cool shit so there was no real anticipation of unlocking something - I knew what was out there.

Are you for real? Unlocking something? Is this what games have turned into? Chasing unlocks and getting endorphin rewards for each one? We must be mice in a lab experiment.

Bought it very cheap and still didn't get my money's worth. One of the very few games I disliked within a short period of time.

For what AC1 did, it did well. It was repetitive, yes.. But it also has some very nice elements. IMO they tried something innovative and it succeeded, but needed the refinement that AC2 brought.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. WikiLeaks Reveals That Military Contractors Have Not Lost Their Taste For Child Prostitutes. Dec 9, 2010, 14:53 LittleMe

I don't think this is really a new development in the news. Glad to see it getting media attention of course. There is a global child abduction slave+prostitution ring and iirc, it's connected with the UN. This is just a small part of a much bigger picture.  

News Comments > ArmA 2 Linux Server
1. Re: ArmA 2 Linux Server Dec 9, 2010, 06:06 LittleMe

Dedicated server released to the public? Feels like a flashback to 2001 or something.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 9, 2010, 06:02 LittleMe

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 18:16:
Gaming PCs? Probably about 3 million.

I would venture closer to 10+ million.

RTFA headline. The topic is UK console base to which I believe ASJD was saying 3+ million gaming PC's for just the UK which sounds about right if one says that any PC with a reasonably modern graphics card (past four years).

UK population is 61.2 million. 3 million gaming PC's means one in twenty Brits has a gaming PC. Sounds like a reasonable guess.

3+ million for the world population is grossly understated so he was referring to UK. 10+ million for just the UK means 1/6 Brits has a gaming PC?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: WikiLeaks Supporters With DDOS Attack. Dec 8, 2010, 18:02 LittleMe

Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 17:40:
LOL, total BS, ranks right up there with 9\11 was an inside job and faked moon landings.

Yeah, diversion tactic. Attack by vague association. Strawman fail.

Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 17:40:
That said it seems the government will try to use this opportunity to clamp down and free speech advocates are fighting back, its looking like an all out cyberwar is about to break out.

Right that's what I said. There's a motive for the establishment to create fictitious and controlled cyber war where real freedoms to question them are eliminated while their power to quench dissent is expanded. The media establishment is playing their assigned role.

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Demo
3. Re: Bejeweled 3 Demo Dec 8, 2010, 16:29 LittleMe

Cram wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:18:
I tried the Zen mode with all those extra options enabled minus ambient sounds, in headphone mode. Before I knew it the hour trial was up; felt like I had been on some crazy high or something.

Yes I'm sure they have worked with brain physiology and behavioral experts experts on how to maximize this effect. Really..

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2010, 14:30 LittleMe

space captain wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 13:32:
Do you want an answer to your question or would you rather bitch and moan like a menstruating teenager?

+1

1. WikiLeaks Supporters With DDOS Attack. Dec 8, 2010, 13:59 LittleMe

I'm learning the the wikileaks issue is bogus, an intentional release of information. It's an Internet 9/11 designed to justify the Feds expanding their tyrannical war to the Internet. Read Cass Sundstien's 2008 paper on how they intend to silence (internet) opposition. There's apparently nothing very controversial about the information that wasn't already in the news media.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch
25. Re: In other related news... Dec 7, 2010, 23:43 LittleMe

Blue wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 14:53:
There's already a business that follows this model. It's called the military. ;)

So true..

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: BF3 Dec 7, 2010, 22:11 LittleMe

I'm glad it's fake. The FOV was derp derp derp derp.

News Comments > EA's OnLive Skepticism
5. Re: EA's OnLive Skepticism Dec 7, 2010, 22:08 LittleMe

anything going through a streaming platform is going to go through a series of switches etc.,"

LOL well at least he didn't call them tubes or Information Superduperhighway.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2010, 16:02 LittleMe

WyldKat wrote on Dec 6, 2010, 12:06:
I really really really really really really really really hate Comcast.

Good. Now go to your city/county government, with whom Comcast has partnered, and make that sentiment known and organize with others who feel as you.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Feds Tracking Americans' Credit Cards in Real-Time Without a Warrant. Dec 6, 2010, 13:59 LittleMe

They'll keep doing it as long as you allow it. They want monitor everything you do. You are always under suspicion as a terrorist. Don't step out of line. Don't speak the truth. Don't question authority. Shut up, play your games, watch your movies, watch TV and pay your debts and taxes. Go out and shop.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Odds someone else has your SSN- One in 7. Dec 3, 2010, 13:53 LittleMe

The SSN system is extremely antiquated and a terrible identification system. But like most government systems, it's nearly impossible to eliminate.  

1. Did the FCC just bless a capped, two-tier Internet? Dec 3, 2010, 13:34 LittleMe

Does the FCC love central planning? YES.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Understanding the Level 3/Comcast spat (FAQ). Dec 1, 2010, 22:57 LittleMe

Reading some of the well written comments in the thread below the FAQ, I can see how it can be considered a NN issue. I see both sides of the argument. L3 is certainly playing a game that Akamai could not.

Do I think NN will solve the issue? No. It could make it even worse. For example, if L3 is allowed to dump a 5:1 ratio of traffic onto Comcast's network what are the consequences? Maybe metered bandwidth usage for their customers. That might not be a bad thing, or maybe it would be.

The issue is very difficult to resolve. I can think of many different ways it could play out. But that's what markets are supposed to do, not the government. Sure, Comcast is in a position to exploit the consumer AND the content providers. That's the real problem here. The duopoly is the problem, not the semantics of how they peer with Internet backbone providers and content providers. That's why I've said all along that NN won't work and the only real solution is to open up the market and allow competition and consumer choice.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Global pool of IPv4 addresses set to run dry in weeks. Dec 1, 2010, 22:28 LittleMe

The concern is blown way out of proportion. If people can buy and sell ip blocks (and they do) then prices will need to go up for a while until IPv6 is farther along. Markets deal with and solve problems like this all the time.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Understanding the Level 3/Comcast spat (FAQ). Dec 1, 2010, 22:05 LittleMe

And there it is. It's a peering dispute. It's not even related to Net Neutrality. L3 is just crying to the government mommy so it can suck the government tit (by getting peering deals that favor their bottom line).

Learn the difference between a corporate dispute and a genuine concern! Well, there is no real genuine concern and this is one of the better examples that can be cited? The sky is falling! The sky is falling!! Net Neutrality is going to save us all (and Level3's expenses)!! PANIC IN THE STREETS! ZOMG!

Thanks Blue/Flying Penguin.

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 2010, 22:11.

4612 Comments. 231 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo