Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4955 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Faction: Armageddon
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Faction: Armageddon Jun 7, 2011, 22:59 LittleMe

I've read mostly bad community feedback about the game. Apparently they've removed much of the good parts of the last game and expanded the less exciting parts.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ARMA 3 Trailer
18. Re: ARMA 3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 17:47 LittleMe

I agree with the overall sentiment here, especially Dmitri M. The fun is gone in Arma2. Even in this press release they use words like 'gameplay' and 'players' but where is the focus on the game fun and playability? The shitty net-code, the bad performance, the heinous UI and the uncooperative players on public servers all combine to make this game fail hard. It could be good. I want to like it. I just.. can't. Btw, if you want outstanding squad work, Project Reality is where it's at. I would love it if BIS outdid PRmod. I expect hell to freeze over before that happens.  

News Comments > Close Combat 2.0
1. Re: Close Combat 2.0 Jun 6, 2011, 23:15 LittleMe

Oh wow.. For free eh? I thought the CC games were done in the late 1990's and published by MS? Tempting to try one out. I remember they were well received.

Edit: http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/Close+Combat/results?sort=recent

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2011, 23:46.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 6, 2011, 23:03 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 18:42:
if you really don't see the ludicrousy of even giving a "making attempts at" peace award to YASSER FUCKING ARAFAT, the leader of terrorist organization PLO, then this discussion is pointless.

Yeah.. Apparently these days those who wage war for years or decades will be given Nobel peace awards when they, for whatever reason, don't continue their insane wars any longer. I guess Hitler should get one too, because he shot himself in the end.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms Furious 4 Announced
16. Re: Brothers in Arms Furious 4 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 21:52 LittleMe

I'm surprised this is coming. HH has probably the worst MP of any FPS I've ever played.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Announced
17. Re: Far Cry 3 Announced Jun 6, 2011, 21:40 LittleMe

Looks very nice. I like some of the FC2 settings, especially the stone/mud houses and rocky valleys. It's the gameplay I'm most concerned about. We won't know the essential details until it's out, I guess. Server browser? Multiplayer? Dedicated servers? Modding? If it has all that, it could be great..  

News Comments > Dead Island in September
10. Re: Dead Island in September Jun 6, 2011, 17:06 LittleMe

I can't stand this modern type of trailer that seems to intentionally hypnotize the viewer with white flashes, quick successions of video sequences and fast camera panning, etc.. This did not sell me on the game because I couldn't watch it and what parts I could, made me want to vomit.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 6, 2011, 16:50 LittleMe

Good review of Fable III by GB. As I like rpg exploration I will at least try it one day when it's cheap on sale.  

News Comments > Michael J. Fox Goes Back to Back to the Future
9. Re: Michael J. Fox Goes Back to Back to the Future Jun 5, 2011, 22:36 LittleMe

Whoa this is heavy.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2011, 17:23 LittleMe

Dades wrote on Jun 5, 2011, 16:43:
Its ok to give up a kid for adoption if you can't take care of them. They had already left her older child with grandparents.

She apparently had fought with her ex-husband for custody, as is typical in these situations the children are the ones who suffer in a divorce.

+1 well said ty.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
44. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 22:56 LittleMe

xXBatmanXx I'm not sure but I don't think the game will need all too powerful of a machine to play it. Carmack had it running on an iPhone iirc and it will of course be a console/pc game anyway. BF3 will more likely be upgrade material since it will probably have more PC focus than Rage.  

28. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 17:33 LittleMe

reisub wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 16:53:
Yeah, obviously being played with a controller but this looks very good indeed gameplay wise (what little we saw). I'm sure we'd all love to see id back on form. Slightly dodgy facial animation but who cares?

Yes this sort of steady trailer controller movement is intentionally less jerky and easier to watch. It's specifically for watching as a trailer. The player was very careful with his movements..

12. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 14:54 LittleMe

Hey it's like a Fallout3 with much better combat and Quayola Crayons that make a Quake1 health pack sound. Sold!!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 3, 2011, 22:09 LittleMe

Of course it is. It's a political money game.

Why oh why do people think that the role of government is to be involved in things like this? I think it is like a type of idol worship. The origins of government are in ancient times when the Egyptian rulers/kings/queens elevated themselves to god status and were worshiped as such. We still do it today when we believe the lofty promises of politicians who promise us security and prosperity and then consistently deliver us neither.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
8. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 11:42 LittleMe

Why did they have to ruin a perfectly good thing and start releasing this game dammit. I was hoping that it would stay in development until at least 2050.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow
12. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch & DLC Tomorrow Jun 3, 2011, 04:14 LittleMe

NotOneOfUs wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 22:16:
17. Islamic–themed and similar textures have been deleted and/or replaced.

Buh?

Apparently it was in a brothel.

News Comments > Free Ultima IV Released
19. Re: Free Ultima IV Released Jun 3, 2011, 04:12 LittleMe

Surf wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 22:23:
Alternate Reality sucked my life away like a 16 year old Brazilian prostitute. God damn it was good stuff.

I have the original boxes of those too! Mint condition and with the original and extremely rare clue books! Solved both, really fun games, the Dungeon was WAY better than The City, but it is one of the first games that let you import your character from the previous games. Maybe, Wizardy and I believe Bards Tale did that.

Ya AR is SWEET! I think that Bethesda is probably the only company that has tried to repeat all that AR had accomplished. Very underated game!

++RESPECT! It IS a dissapointment that modern RPG's don't try to, at least, match what the deeper RPG's of the 80's like AR did. Btw, I hope you played the Atari8bit versions of AR. C64 doesn't count. j/k

News Comments > Free Ultima IV Released
11. Re: Free Ultima IV Released Jun 2, 2011, 21:32 LittleMe

Surf wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 21:07:
Man, this series was so ahead of its time!

Agreed. Congrats on the collection. Another game that was, and still is ahead of its time in some important ways, is Alternate Reality. There is a man remaking these for modern PC's and it looks absolutely true to the original. Alternate Reality Remake Project.

There are all sorts of subtle aspects to Alternate Reality that added a whole lot of depth. I specifically like the potion system, which is, as far as I know, unrivaled in depth to this day. But also the time of day affected monster types, shops would offer unique or rare items, weather effects (also effected encounters), etc..

The true depth of the game can be learned in the FAQ.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2011, 21:40.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 2, 2011, 16:21 LittleMe

Yeah really, they had an opportunity to pull an AC2 on us. Instead they seem to have gone the opposite direction. $5 sale, maybe.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 2, 2011, 05:27 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 23:45:
In other news, 100% of your Steam, Google, Netflix, Facebook, credit card, all-internet-in-general activity is being tracked.

Sure.. Identifying which Internet spying is more intrusive and/or illegal seems important now. Do they report this data to the NSA for monies? We know at least some of that is happening.

4955 Comments. 248 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo