Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4807 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 5, 2011, 18:04 LittleMe

Thanks for the nice review JaguarUSF! I've noticed a few issues with the game though. It uses only one CPU core and performance is terrible on at least the one huge town map (I think for ATI users).

Also, the UI needs a lot of improvements. For example it needs visual and audible signals to remind people to ready up in the lobby. It sorely needs dedicated servers. It needs to borrow much of the fantastic MP part of World in Conflict (without WiC's arcadey gameplay).

You might consider mentioning in your review that the game is geared for the more hardcore RTS fans and that knowing all the nuances of WW2 hardware can help tremendously, but is not mandatory.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homefront Multiplayer Trailer
1. Re: Homefront Multiplayer Trailer Mar 5, 2011, 17:53 LittleMe

Looks like a good game for all the twelve to fifteen year olds out there.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

News Comments > Technology of Dragon Age II
5. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 5, 2011, 17:48 LittleMe

entr0py wrote on Mar 5, 2011, 17:37:
That's a bit confusing, is he saying that, if the best you can run is dx 10, you can still run the game in "dx 11 mode" and have some of the advanced features work?

If so that's great. And they should just say that the game supports dx 9, 10 and 11. Up until now they've implied there was a gap at 10.

DX11 runs on DX10 hardware, but there are some DX11 exclusive features aren't supported on DX10 hardware. From the linked article it seems that DA2 does give those of us with DX11 hardware some exclusive features that won't be available on DX10 hardware. But DX10 will still offer benefits over DX9 in DA2.

ps. Google "directx 11 on directx 10 hardware"

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2011, 17:54.

News Comments > Technology of Dragon Age II
4. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 5, 2011, 17:41 LittleMe

Hey I like what they said here and I like that they are taking advantage of advanced PC graphics! No need to make all versions look *equal*. There's something cool & fun just to see the new graphics effects implemented in a new game.  

News Comments > Free-to-Play Ryzom
4. Re: Free-to-Play Ryzom Mar 4, 2011, 17:22 LittleMe

ElectricTurtle wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 16:38:
Half measures = you're doing it wrong. They should take Turbine's approach (which has been highly successful for them in DDO and LOTRO) and focus on charging for DLC. Just having an extended demo with crippled features isn't going to attract enough people.

If they add Smurfberries to buy, they'll probably quadruple their profits right there.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP Weekend
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP Weekend Mar 4, 2011, 13:53 LittleMe

Chase the carrot!  

News Comments > Arma 2: Reinforcements Next Month
5. Re: Arma 2: Reinforcements Next Month Mar 4, 2011, 10:49 LittleMe

It's SP and MP but it's more focused on MP. The MP is mostly PvE/coop. A2 is a poor PvP experience, imo, and the server player counts bear this out.

News Comments > Mytheon Launches
4. Re: Mytheon Launches Mar 3, 2011, 16:11 LittleMe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZEIZHl1n4

Three week old 'first look' gameplay vid introduction.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 2, 2011, 11:51 LittleMe

The notion that a sale is an entitlement is dangerous. Piracy, reviews, delayed releases are all a part of a functioning marketplace.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 2, 2011, 11:44 LittleMe

InBlack wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 10:54:
What would be a good ATI card to replace my aging 8800GT? Im looking at something at an equivalent price range..

Sure except it's nowhere near in the same price range. Expect it to cost roughly double the ATI 6970.

As for clicking, my 5870's fan does not ever click or tick.

News Comments > Civilization V Patched
2. Re: Civilization V Patched Mar 2, 2011, 04:15 LittleMe

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 00:37:
I'm going to try it again. I stopped about a week after it launched, but what the hey.

Same here except I'm waiting a few more months. Heh.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo
2. Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo Mar 1, 2011, 08:58 LittleMe

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 08:44:
I was hoping Crytek would do a better job to support the PC gamers, I was totally wrong.

Their support for Crysis 1 was abysmal too. The game itself had lots of good gameplay ideas poorly implemented. Awesome UI tho.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Assault Squad Feb 27, 2011, 04:32 LittleMe

D4rkKnight wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 03:18:
Its pricey, and I don't care for the coop so their focus isn't my taste, but it did change the core game up quite a bit. Check out this link for the specifics:

http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=8012

Except that this game isn't just focused on coop but on PvP multiplayer. Thanks for the link.

News Comments > PC Fable III in May
9. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 04:50 LittleMe

Flipper405 wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 20:35:
hmm.... not so interested since I've never played any fable games, and I have no idea what this is about.

Good point. I don't think they've marketed the game to the PC audience. Anyway, this game is full of fail in many ways. I might buy it when it drops under $3 just to see the beautiful game world.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Cities in Motion
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Cities in Motion Feb 23, 2011, 00:40 LittleMe

fyi, this got a good review on Out of Eight.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Cyber-Attack Response Feb 21, 2011, 22:33 LittleMe

The Internet is always under cyber attack so therefor their emergency regulations will potentially be constantly in effect. The devil is in the details of these regulations and mandates.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 20, 2011, 02:17 LittleMe

ldonyo wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 16:50:
The article on video games makes one good point, that parents should participate in deciding what media they allow their children to view. It also makes one point that could have been handled more tactfully, that people offended by the subject matter of a video game should not be allowed to decide if said video game is banned for all.

Yes absolutely. I'm glad to read that. I like the last sentence the most:

San Diego News wrote on Feb 19, 2011:
Iím sorry for your loss, but the world doesnít revolve around not offending your family.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: and then unicorns and leprechauns will roam free Feb 16, 2011, 20:14 LittleMe

space captain wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 18:17:
if you are going to be slightly racist you should probably be at least slightly funny.. instead of being slightly retarded

in other words - you sound like a dumbass

Learn the difference between stereotyping and racism, please. It was a joke, man. Lighten up. And stop name calling me and accusing me of racism when you don't know me. I'm not racist. I like Indian people. They are kind people. It was a joke. Get over it. So what do people do when you enter the room? Roll their eyes and leave?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Anonymous speaks: the inside story of the HBGary hack. Feb 16, 2011, 17:55 LittleMe

Great example of intelligence in the service of madness. This is the type of stuff happening often these days.  

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: and then unicorns and leprechauns will roam free Feb 16, 2011, 17:51 LittleMe

You guys have it all wrong! Indies are (game companies) based out of India. Geez. When they get enough money, they get jobs at 7-11 or as a taxi driver in the US.

4807 Comments. 241 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo