Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 5007 (Guru)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Tropico 4 Demo
7. Re: Tropico 4 Demo Aug 9, 2011, 22:31 LittleMe

I, for one, welcome our new Tropico overlords and am glad to see this sequel. We don't have a new SimCity so this fulfills my city/island building needs. Already have 50 hrs on Tropico 3 and love it. Yeah, a random map generator, probably some bug fixes, a new UI, new buildings, etc.. All this after less than two years, and even less after Absolute Power! Sweet.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon 2011
2. Re: It Came from QuakeCon 2011 Aug 6, 2011, 03:01 LittleMe

Yeah it comes across that he's being honest with himself and about the limitations of his product. We get a better product because during the entire development process he's critical of his own work and pays attention to the details. /opinion..

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Aug 3, 2011, 04:04 LittleMe

Pirates of Black Cove - First Impressions Gameplay  

News Comments > RAGE "Basically Done"
17. Re: RAGE Aug 2, 2011, 17:26 LittleMe

DrEvil wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 16:24:
but what modders and others do with it should be pretty astounding.

Yeah this brings much hope.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Gamestop Fires Employee For Planking. Aug 2, 2011, 01:57 LittleMe

Fired? I could see a reprimand but that's extreme, imo. A week or so ago I was on a payphone and some guys planked it, horizontally, while I was talking and got a pic. lolz

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor Patch Status
4. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor Patch Status Jul 31, 2011, 23:14 LittleMe

DrEvil wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 22:13:
I have to agree. Well worth the $5. I've eaten food and watched movies that cost way more and were enjoyed way less.

The Austin Powers movies one example?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 8, 2011, 15:41 LittleMe

Evidence of one of the unintended consequences of regulating the sale of video games to minors. Control freaks think they can control reality without unintended consequences. Then when the consequences become painfully apparent, they create even more rules instead of removing the failed rules.

News Comments > Men of War: Condemned Heroes Announced
1. Re: Men of War: Condemned Heroes Announced Jul 8, 2011, 15:31 LittleMe

He thed penal. hu huh uh hu  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit
77. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 22:55 LittleMe

space captain wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 18:03:
yeh you better keep that tinfoil hat on tight, they already have your MAC address, bloatedme

I know that. WTF is up with your offensive name-calling and hostility? I wasn't trying to take sides in this argument but just trying to clear up what is actually being tracked or whatnot. But you sure do get angry if someone even appears to possibly disagree with your godlike opinion. You are a immature narcissistic serial bully.

FWIW I don't agree with NoBS' implied point that we have some sort of birthright to online privacy. I don't believe government regulations on corporations about consumer online privacy is a solution for many reasons. That's where I think he/she/it/honey badger was going.

54. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 18:01 LittleMe

nm  

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 15:14 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 15:06:
Because, you know, that leak did no harm. You'll all gladly pay the $50 for a game you've already completed.

It wasn't the full game. Only about 1/10th of it, or about the size of a proper demo.

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 15:12 LittleMe

What I want to know is if Square Enix had their pinky to their lower lip when making this decision.

News Comments > Trion on Free RIFT Transfers
24. Re: Trion on Free RIFT Transfers Jul 5, 2011, 23:42 LittleMe

Acleacius wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 18:44:
Another big problem with overpopulation is people put items up on the Auction board for less than they get from a vendor, so it's impossible to make a profit.

Fine of you to have complaints about the game but I can see that this particular issue is probably intentional. People could scum stores and then resell the rarer/nicer items at auction. That could ruin the designers' intention to keep control on the items people are buying and using in-game - to keep the game more balanced.

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned
9. Re: No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned Jul 5, 2011, 23:13 LittleMe

I don't expect or insist that they release mod tools. However I do want them to facilitate the modding community as much as possible. Give us time, we can do a lot. Especially what I think is important is to mod the game rules so we can hope to get something akin to Project Reality. But maybe they'll release that as an expansion or DLC. One can hope.  

News Comments > Trion on Free RIFT Transfers
17. Re: Trion on Free RIFT Transfers Jul 5, 2011, 15:52 LittleMe

No mmo's ever charged for Ninja class transfers. They move undetected.

News Comments > Arma X Released
1. Re: Arma X Released Jul 4, 2011, 16:57 LittleMe

Poorly written press release because it doesn't say what it is. From their store page:

Arma X: Anniversary Edition is a bundle of Cold War Assault, Armed Assault, Queen's Gambit, Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead, British Armed Forces and Private Military Company.
To integrate Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead into Arma 2: Combined Operations, please install Arma 2 first, and then install Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead into Arma 2 directory.
After installing British Armed Forces and Private Military Company, please download and install this patch for British Armed Forces, and this patch for Private Military Company. Dim lights Embed

Arma X: Anniversary Edition brings a unique collection of all Armaversum titles released to date, exclusively wrapped together in one package. Built on over 10 years experience, Arma X thrusts you into the heart of the most realistic military simulator ever developed, featuring cutting edge technology, vast, detailed environments defined by real geographic data and authentically modeled units and vehicles. Play all of the story-driven campaigns sequentially for the ultimate military combat experience!

News Comments > F2P Global Agenda Thriving
1. Re: F2P Global Agenda Thriving Jul 4, 2011, 16:53 LittleMe

Wow. 5X? Sheesh! Nice to hear. So it seems like the consoles are unable and/or failing to utilize this business model..?

There might be some drain from other PC games but as I see it, many of these players would likely otherwise be playing console games. The freedom that the PC platform offers allows previously unforeseen business models like this.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Patch
4. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 22:17 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 22:10:
Has anyone played this at all? (single player, I don't give a crap about multi.)

Creston

No. But it's supposed to be less scary than the previous two games but in some ways a better 'shooter' than 2, borrowing some COD aspects. derp derp derp

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2011, 22:13 LittleMe

And you think your vote matters? Please. Yeah, keep urging people to vote and see how little it changes things. By urging people to vote, you are also asking them to endorse the outcome and the resulting policies because they played in the system.

This is just one policy that doesn't look to be changing any time soon.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 30, 2011, 21:27 LittleMe

Oh please.. I'm on Pepco. They aren't really that hated. There are no Pepco protests, no viral videos about their poor service. They don't come anywhere near the Federal Reserve, which for some reason isn't on this list.

5007 Comments. 251 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo