Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4843 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > The Sims Medieval Patch
2. Re: The Sims Medieval Patch Apr 6, 2011, 16:46 LittleMe

kxmode wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 11:17:
Because this is The Sims Medieval, the Patch is actually a patch made from cloth.

Cloth or burlap.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft Grosses ~$33M
1. Re: Minecraft Grosses ~$33M Apr 6, 2011, 15:07 LittleMe

Get out of cash and put it into commodities. The value of paper money is dropping. Look at what silver has done lately. This is what bailouts and 'stimulus' pork projects do to a currency (ruin it!).

News Comments > Unreal Engine Trailer
7. Re: Unreal Engine Trailer Apr 6, 2011, 14:51 LittleMe

Nice vid! They showed the updated 'scalable UI' in UT3 which looked much nicer and I wish they'd release that in a patch for the game!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Multitasking And User Interface in 1982. Apr 5, 2011, 01:28 LittleMe

Great vid!! Thanks Ant.  

News Comments > Kali Port Change
13. Re: Kali Port Change Apr 4, 2011, 03:40 LittleMe

Dev wrote on Apr 4, 2011, 00:54:
Kali was one of the few apps I paid a registration for back then. Nowadays I pay for more apps if they are priced decent. I still can't stomach $40 for FRAPS though.

Oh and the gamespy 3d server browser? Still 100 times more full featured than valve's crap.

Same for me on all you said. The Steam sever browser is lacking!

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Early Access, Cousins Leaving EA
10. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Early Access, Cousins Leaving EA Apr 1, 2011, 03:44 LittleMe

Tom wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 16:18:
Still have no idea why someone would play this instead of BC2...

To name a few reasons... Jets, it's free, much lower system requirements, easier install, new(sort of) game release.

Don't underestimate the number of PC's out in the world with people ready and willing to install a free-to-play game. There are hundreds of millions of machines out there. Yes, BN's isn't the market for BF2-free.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. U.S. develops -panic button- for democracy activists. Apr 1, 2011, 03:25 LittleMe

Democracy does not equal freedom. Don't buy into the corporate media propaganda that democracy, in and of itself, is wonderful. In a true democracy, 51% can vote %49 to death labor camps and that would be legal.

In a 'Republic' however, there is a rule of law hopefully based on inalienable rights which can't be taken away except by a slow and lengthy process where the minority is properly represented. Well, that's the hope anyway. I don't think Hillary understands this basic concept as the quote below indicates.

The U.S. technology initiative is part of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's push to expand Internet freedoms, pointing out the crucial role that on-line resources such as Twitter and Facebook have had in fueling pro-democracy movements in Iran, Egypt, Tunisia and elsewhere.

Oh and btw, this is a waste of public resources. The Internet doesn't need government to promote liberty on the Internet. The two are mutually exclusive.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2011, 15:02 LittleMe

The article is devoid of facts and chock full of opinions and a gloomy world outlook. He's obsessed with the future. Olin confuses the ever continuous industry change with the demise.

those gamers who befriended the desktop PC platform to enjoy DirectX 11 games will no longer have a reason to continue using it. The end of an era is near, so enjoy it while you still can.

When has this ever not been true? Then why didn't the PS1 kill the PC? Why didn't the PS2 kill the PC as a gaming platform? Olin doesn't seem to understand the fundamental advantages of the platform. DX11 is NOT the main sell of PC gaming! Neither was DX9 or 10. The main advantage that the PC offers over all the others is freedom. This is why it hasn't bee killed in 30 years when oh-so-many others have faded into obsolescence.

I'm glad I block his ads. That's what that article was about.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live
2. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 14:34 LittleMe

This is a good sign that they are trying to address this issue but unfortunately Crytek has made promises and half-hearted attempts like this in the past. At this point, they aren't deserving of much trust. I predict Crytek will only do this for a little while and then again abandon the game, leaving their customers and the MP community high and dry.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 30, 2011, 14:29 LittleMe

Tumbler wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 13:09:
I wish they'd show some of the MP game. As a longtime fan of the battlefield series it's troubling to see them put so much time into the SP side of this "sandbox combat" game. I don't want an awesome SP experience, I want a chaotic unpredictable MP game that keeps me coming back as it offers a new (ish) experience with each new match.

How about letting players decide which army starts on which side of the map? Which vehicles will spawn on each map. It'd be nice to just have all the tools to shape the experience of online play so that there is a ton more variety than what we've seen in the past 2 games.

So far it looks like your focusing on bringing a better SP experience to the table...which is basically a waste of resources when it comes to earning my dollars. I'd rather you make a seperate game to do that but I guess you're going to shoe horn a SP game into BF3?

My feelings exactly. MP or GTFO.

(good trailer though - looking up at chopper was the best moment for me)

News Comments > Homefront Patch Plans
1. Re: Homefront Patch Plans Mar 29, 2011, 20:39 LittleMe

Hey that looks like a great patchlist considering those are exactly the issues I see people complaining about in forums. Might buy it sooner rather than later.. Nice to see this responsive patch support. Thanks Kaos.  

News Comments > Ultima IV Remake Speculation
1. Re: Ultima IV Remake Speculation Mar 29, 2011, 20:33 LittleMe

Hey this would be great. It certainly would need a lot of modernization but the theme and storyline are still just fine to make a wonderful game. A full remake, please!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 25, 2011, 10:34 LittleMe

Does this mean that the "democracy" and "freedom" so often talked about in relation to the internet is under threat?

Fail. The Internet is not a democracy and nor is democracy ever 'talked about in relation to the Internet.'

Mob rule (democracy) is a terrible way to ensure freedom, anyway.

Al Gore says:
"Do not let it be controlled by governments or by large corporations. It is a network of people."

Let me guess... This hypocrite supports Net Neutrality and the duopoly.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2011, 10:40.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Workarounds
1. Re: Crysis 2 Workarounds Mar 24, 2011, 17:21 LittleMe

Anyone buying this game at full price for the multiplayer is taking a big risk considering Crytek's very poor track record of support for the previous Crysis games. This news story adds to that concern.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2011, 14:01 LittleMe

Well said peteham. It's a very average console game.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Mar 18, 2011, 13:19 LittleMe

adamj wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 12:55:
The top 2% does not control 90% of the wealth. And even if it did, what do you propose we do about it? I hate the idea of government saying, you have too much wealth, let's take it and give it to others. That opens up a bag of potential massive corruption.

Good question. By returning the US government to legal operation under the Constitution, it would happen by itself because it is just a house of cards right now. It's all ready to topple. The corporate, educational and government elite are partnered, illegally.

adamj wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 12:55:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_in_the_United_States#Wealth_Inequality_and_Class

"In 2004, the wealthiest 25% of US households owned 87% ($43.6 trillion) of the country’s wealth, while the bottom quartile held no net wealth at all."

Many times it is the fault of the poor that they have no net wealth at all. I'm not saying I won't personally help them by donating time and money ( I do), nor do I say that all of them are to blame for their situation. But dropping out of school, getting pregnant in high school with some random guy, doing drugs, etc will lead to poverty. While doing well in school, and working hard can lead to becoming wealthy. Duh. But who the hell are you or who the hell am I to say when somebody is too wealthy and that his wealth should be confiscated. As long as he earns it ethically, that is.

Are you are blaming the victim of tyranny for their suffering? I think so. In the past few years we are seeing regular people, not just drug addicts and the hopelessly destitute suffer. And anyway, most public school systems are very poorly designed after an antiquated 'one size fits all' paradigm. They are part of the fascist or tyrannical system of control that teaches obedience to the system.

While doing well in school, and working hard can lead to becoming wealthy.

This is central planning and what is brainwashed into everyone, but it's not often true. And anyway, 'being wealthy' isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's only a carrot used to keep the masses under control. It's not all that different in how games nowadays use weapon unlocks and leveling as a carrot-like system.

Freedom and human dignity is true wealth. Wealth under tyranny is slavery and suffering. We are all born wealthy. Human insanity is what takes our wealth away.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2011, 13:25.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2011, 19:06 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 13:09:
This bill is just words. They have absolutely no way to track it, and they know it. It's like the Kyoto protocol: all talk, no action.

Corporations use government to protect their market share. That's likely what's going on here. It's called crony capitalism, or corporatism. Corporations will gladly accept costly and even prohibitive regulations that inhibit their competition.

The key is, look at who actually writes the bill. Often it's the very corporations being regulated. They write the laws in such a way that it costs them little because they already comply.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 16, 2011, 12:57 LittleMe

Interesting article. His idea of freedom isn't the same as mine, but it's roughly close.

At the end of the article he mentions the Wisconsin protests. Those protesters, if I understand it correctly, were NOT protesting (or rioting) for freedom but for their cushy govt jobs and benefits, at the behest of the taxpayer. The Wisconsin protests were NOT about freedom, but rather those who abhor freedom. Of course, it was painted in some media reports as being a 'workers rights' issue but in my opinion, govt workers should not enjoy the same rights as those in the private sector because their income is generated through coercion or even extortion.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2011, 12:53 LittleMe

It's a power move, cleverly worded to try to convince you the authorities care about your privacy. Actually they care much more about their power and propaganda. The devil is in the details, not the rhetoric.

News Comments > Earthquake Takes FINAL FANTASY MMOGs Offline
6. Re: Earthquake Takes FINAL FANTASY MMOGs Offline Mar 14, 2011, 15:18 LittleMe

Ruffiana wrote on Mar 14, 2011, 13:31:
I'm sure that on some forums somewhere, there are people bitching about Square really doing this out of pure greed or laziness.

Well if Square Enix had better support then maybe the quake wouldn't have happened. Sayonara.

4843 Comments. 243 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo