Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4901 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2014, 15:36 LittleMe

I was eager to try Fedora 21 last week. Terrible first impression. It reset my motherboard's clock without asking me, each time I booted it. Booting two different flash drive versions both gave cryptic boot error without properly starting. After some searching I found that pressing TAB shows differnt boot options and typing 'Linux0' started the boot. Finally getting to the desktop it felt very crippled and overly dumbed down. Terrible desktop experience, terrible boot experience, very slow to download (first time).

Since people's livelihood aren't on the line they can deliver a bad product and get away with it.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 21:46 LittleMe

Redmask wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 19:34:
LittleMe wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 15:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 14:35:
Yeah, welcome to 1984. When you look at all this shit that's happened since 9/11 how can you not believe it was inside job? Cui bono? Who benefits? Who benefited the most from 9/11? It sure as shit wasn't a bunch of Muslim sheepherders.

An important skill learned from a life of sheep herding is how to make metal melt from office fires when that's never happened before and also make a building mildly smoking collapse perfectly into its own footprint several hours later.

You don't think jet fuel burning in a concentrated environment can melt metal? The towers did not collapse perfectly, that's kind of ridiculous to imply considering the immense damage.

Nope. Most of the fuel flash ignited and was gone in seconds. High octane fuel does that. It doesn't sit around and burn casually. That's an easy experiment to do, too. Lower temperature secondary fires remained and were interrupted by very loud 'boom' sounds. Even if the metal was weakened in spots, I don't believe the core of the buildings would have gone down at the exact same moment and shot out heavy debris at extreme speed as they did shattering everything into fine dust similar to a volcanic eruption.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2014, 21:52.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 15:14 LittleMe

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 14:35:
Yeah, welcome to 1984. When you look at all this shit that's happened since 9/11 how can you not believe it was inside job? Cui bono? Who benefits? Who benefited the most from 9/11? It sure as shit wasn't a bunch of Muslim sheepherders.

An important skill learned from a life of sheep herding is how to make metal melt from office fires when that's never happened before and also make a building mildly smoking collapse perfectly into its own footprint several hours later.

News Comments > Fortnite Video
3. Re: Fortnite Video Dec 10, 2014, 21:21 LittleMe

Please would love a key! Can't find the message button here all of a sudden or I would message you.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 10, 2014, 21:16 LittleMe

It looks like a poorly written/acted superficial action flick. All flair no substance. Hope i'm wrong.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 8, 2014, 22:33 LittleMe

Agreeing with Cutter. The market has spoken clearly on this and people's toleration for poor release quality is at a new low. Much better they take the time needed from our perspective (but not the bean counter's).

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access Next Month
5. Re: H1Z1 Early Access Next Month Dec 8, 2014, 20:58 LittleMe

Nice statement. I'm hopeful for H1Z1. Can't wait to see what they've done.

Regarding DayZ:SA... I strongly disagree with the focus that has plagued it for too long. It should perform well and focus on immersion and should not be a MinecraftZ. It's a shooter game first and foremost. The times the crafting does work is with the vehicles. Need to play it again now to see what's been improved lately. I dread even loading it up because I will get 20fps in cities with an overpowered rig.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. AT&T hates telcoms regulations, except when it insists on them. Dec 7, 2014, 18:00 LittleMe

Every time someone gets the government to regulate their hypothetical "solution" a corporation responds this way with their own favorable regulations. Action/reaction spiral.

Regulations don't solve much in the long run because they're not a solution. Solving problems involves, you know, actually solving the problem in the first place instead of outlawing it by mandate and then years later realizing it didn't solve it and so then adding more regulations and more regulations on top of ad hoc 'solutions' and then getting infuriated when someone comes along and says the whole system is retarded and says lets start over from scratch.

News Comments > Runemaster Cancelled
3. Re: Runemaster Cancelled Dec 5, 2014, 14:14 LittleMe

I was looking at this with interest too. Hopefully they'll try again with a different angle. Glad they didn't shovel a poor product on us.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2014, 22:45 LittleMe

The letter describes Netflix’s support for regulating ISPs as utilities in order to prevent them from charging content providers for “fast lanes” and then accuses Netflix of creating fast lanes for itself

Oh! So Net Neutrality was self-serving corporate propaganda all along? Who'da thunk it?! Let's turn a blind eye to that special case there because NN gives us a free bandwidth lunch. After all who doesn't want free stuff and more regulations! Regulations good! Profit bad! Duopoly good! Competition bad!

1. Netflix invested in these servers because the ISPs had weak infrastructure with poor caching.

2. Netflix servers in the ISP does not preclude any other company from doing the same.

JD that's very true but now it's not 'neutral' or fair! No traffic should have priority and that includes special caching or application servers. Microsoft providing .NET servers gives that traffic priority too, that's evil. /sarc

One size fits all does not work. The Internet was never supposed to be neutral to traffic irregardless of destination. IMO, the problem is a lack of local competition among ISP's, a lack of choice and a lack of bandwidth but not a problem of neutrality to traffic. Yes it could become a problem of neutrality of traffic if the duopoly is allowed to continue to abuse their government-granted position of authority. So lets remove that authority.

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
5. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 2, 2014, 14:39 LittleMe

I was tempted to buy it but after watching the gameplay it looks too arcadey, repetitive and immersion is poor. If it was immersive like Virtua Racing... Not at full price anyway. I think I saw it on G2A for $30.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 1, 2014, 14:23 LittleMe

People are deeply programmed, biologically speaking, to want jewelry. They'll pay far above it's actual value. The reasoning I believe is that jewelry elevates one's social status and we are highly social creatures. In primitive times, social status was tied to the most desirable breeding, food, shelter, protection, etc.

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
8. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 12:19 LittleMe

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 11:50:
Personally, I believe some serious reform is needed in the gaming industry, but it's not going to come from "voting with your wallet" as a lot of people like to believe. Allowing the "free market" to present an alternative is also a false promise because advertising dollars coupled with publisher exclusives are the bottom line. The gaming industry, while perhaps ostensibly in decline on the console side, is a massive industry that sooner or later must face additional regulation.

Their soured reputation is market forces working. They're not extorting us. Just don't buy their products if you don't want to.

I don't call it 'free market' because we don't live in one. We do have choices and countless competing products. You're cherry picking the data you want and then using that to proclaim your moral superiority and poorly guided good intentions over the entire industry. I can already see more Federal Fail coming to a theater near you.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
2. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 20:27 LittleMe

Well that's often a good way to develop a game, no? I guess it depends more on execution than how early it goes into heavy play testing.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 24, 2014, 12:20 LittleMe

Is it gamer slang or is it just slang? I think that use goes back tens or maybe even hundreds of years.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
13. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2014, 23:38 LittleMe

Don't underestimate the globalized finance industry and it's psychopathic stranglehold on governments including the EU. Also, they want some degree of chaos (riots, wars etc) since that gives them control. They make money from the interest.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 13:50 LittleMe

Another issue with both Unity and DA:I is the non PC versions of the game you need a potato to play.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 13:39 LittleMe

Fion wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 12:44:
Personally I prefer that they are zones. Loading up a new zone means that zone can have its own art assets, color palette, textures, etc. The truly open world games generally have to settle on one specific style with little true variation because without a true loading screen the game cannot dump the texture memory from your video card, or on occasion simply does so much more slowly. It's why you start getting crashes when you set ugrids too high in Skyrim.

It's for this reason that the 'zones' in DA:I are incredibly diverse. Besides it loads pretty fast on a SSD.

+1 this. I must say from what I've seen so far of the first zone it is a very skilfully created region with lots of detail even beyond the level of Skyrim.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 21, 2014, 13:35 LittleMe

Julio wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:29:
I would think they'd be more worried about the claims that DA:I is wrecking SSD drives...

At first I was concerned about that too, but it turns out to be a disreputable claim by Russian crackers. Read the comments in that thread. Also TB talked about it in his performance review saying it wasn't a credible claim.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 15, 2014, 15:03 LittleMe

Good that they're working on fixing this. It's supposed to be a good AC game, more along the lines of AC1/AC2.  

4901 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo