Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob

Real Name Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname LittleMe
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 15, 2005, 08:15
Total Comments 4843 (Master)
User ID 23321

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
43. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 16:58 LittleMe

Agreed. 6GB of RAM is a reasonable expectation for new game in 2014. Maybe since it is requiring more RAM it will be a better game for it.

Perpetual debt is slavery.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM
38. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Requires 6GB of RAM Oct 20, 2014, 15:36 LittleMe

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 14:51:
Bundy wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 14:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 12:58:
If you haven't noticed the current gen consoles came out as abortions, woefully underpowered to the point it didn't make a blip on our pc specs.

This always bugs me. Yes, these consoles can't touch the performance of a gaming PC. But using the PS4 as an example, you do realize that Sony needs to put together hardware and sell it for $400 and still make a profit? What mistake did they make in the design? What should they have done instead that could still match that price point?

Historically it's a blunder. All consoles prior were near top pc spec or beyond pc spec at release. These were released middle road pc's. I get your point, but at the same time, this gen was different from the past. We are not really moving all that forward because of it.

This. Sony doesn't need to make a profit on the PS4 units from day 1. Initially they sold PS3's at a loss iirc. Same with x360. I think they took example from the Wii this time around and decided that gimmicks were more important than hardware capacity.

So the PS4 got a touch screen on the gamepad as its gimmick and the xbone got a creepy spycam motion sensor. Meanwhile the previous notion that putting out a console with bleeding edge performance took a back seat this time. Thankfully they did bump the RAM which was a huge and costly bottleneck for developers last generation.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 16, 2014, 21:34 LittleMe

They're going to do it anyway and when you protest they'll gas you, shoot you with rubber bullets and then hold you in prison as a 'rioter'. They'll use your protest or lack of compliance against you in the public arena of controlled media propaganda and their own courts.

They are far more willing to do whatever it takes to get what they want and they have the means to do it. Fear, violence and psychological warfare are amongst their weapons against us and they will use them.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 21:46.

News Comments > Approaching Infinity Approaches; Demos Released
1. Re: Approaching Infinity Approaches; Demos Released Oct 16, 2014, 12:46 LittleMe

I'm intrigued but why pay $40 for this when I can play TomeNET for free any time? At that price it had better be the best rogue-like ever.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2014, 12:53.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock II Oct 15, 2014, 20:25 LittleMe

It seems to be an improvement over LoG1 and true to the roots of the genre. Doesn't feel like a console game in the slightest. Has outdoor areas and if you beat it day one, you click a button to get a free pizza delivered to your house.

News Comments > Game Reviews
19. Re: Game Reviews Oct 15, 2014, 15:30 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 12:45:
Verno wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 12:43:
Arthur Gies is a path of least resistance douchebag, as in he takes the shortest path to pissing people off that he can in virtually every circumstance. He doesn't really have personal opinions, he just flipflops around on whatever he thinks will drive the most attention.

This is another weird sentiment. nin said it about me yesterday.
"Someone has a different opinion than I do, they must be trying to get attention!"

Well FWIW Beamer I don't get that vibe from your posts here. We love you man! (man?)

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. PSA: Dead Rising 3 PC Patch 4 available now. Oct 15, 2014, 15:23 LittleMe

Not much of a patch but better than nothing I guess.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 15:25 LittleMe

“This finding is the kind of science that is literally going to make geologists rewrite the textbooks about the moon,”

This is common in astronomy but they word it this way to save face for the institutions involved who get a lot of public money who said very authoritative statements later found to be wrong as was their hypothesis that the moon has been geologically dead on the surface for a billion+ years.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released
6. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released Oct 14, 2014, 12:10 LittleMe

Well BL2 is awesome so if it's a lot like that, great! I've seen screenshots of this and it looks just fine as far as fidelity on PC. That said $60 is above my limit. I still haven't played any of the DLC for BL2 even.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 13, 2014, 11:41 LittleMe

So maybe it's the first successful console MMO? Thumb surgeons must be raking in the money now buying Mercedes and upgrading their kitchens.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 20:37 LittleMe

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 20:00:
ASeven wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:10:
No Wasteland 2 there.
Yeah, I don't get it. Bad timing? I'm about to the end and have enjoyed every moment of it. I actually got bored with D:OS and haven't finished it.

For fans of the genre it's well priced but for the bigger audience they might be asking too much right now.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 11, 2014, 13:39 LittleMe

Yes well said C. The Blame Game is a high priority in Government. Taking responsibility is not. Narcissists can't understand the adverse consequences of their actions and don't want to take responsibility for them.

News Comments > More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
4. Re: More Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 9, 2014, 20:36 LittleMe

The gameplay I saw was all indoor settings and I view that as not a good thing (tm). BL2 was worth full price, not sure about this. Probably not...  

News Comments > Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test
11. Re: Grimrock 2 Compatibility Test Oct 9, 2014, 17:05 LittleMe

PHJF wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:36:

What I do wish they'd do is invest some time in to the story.

It wasn't relevant. You're in a dungeon: escape before you die.

Yeah adding much story to a game like this is a bad idea. It's a focused dungeon crawler game, not Skyrim or Witcher 3. Adding story to this sort of game is like adding story and a campaign to a Battlefield game. There are games that can be ruined by anything more than a simple story and this is one of them.

I agree with the notion that complicated and involved puzzles can be off putting. A puzzle needs to be fun, firstly. Fun can mean complicated if it's done right. But a poorly executed complicated puzzle can be a game killer too.

$25 is certainly the upper end of what the market will bear in the US, I believe.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 14:22 LittleMe

Actually I think the way we drive cars is terrible since it's so 20th century. Using an actual wheel and pedals while sitting down? Why can't we just sit on the roof and face backwards while wearing an occulus rift in a bikini? So the question to ask here is the occulus wearing a bikini or do we? Either way that would be better because it would be new!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 2, 2014, 01:36 LittleMe

He sure has a leg up on the competition. No wait. Make that two.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 1, 2014, 20:47 LittleMe

[VG]Reagle wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 20:06:
US top cop decries encryption, demands backdoors

So what about the part where Holder swore to uphold the Constitution? You know the little part about unreasonable search and seizure...

What do men with power want? More power.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2014, 13:49 LittleMe

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:22:
Duh. What else is he supposed to do? Admit it's all true?

LOL yeah how often do developers or publishers admit rumors that put them in a bad light? I've played the game and it does seem like a tech demo and AJ's review notes the glaring shortcomings of the game. It might be fun but yeah, I inclined to believe the rumor.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives Sep 30, 2014, 12:26 LittleMe

Is BF4 DICE's most patched game? At least they did support the game post-release.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 21:24 LittleMe

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 20:42:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 14:02:
Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:35:
How did you manage to get it for $15? Was it an upgrade or full install?
It was probably the upgrade from vista/7 program. That's how I got mine, but there was also another promo that MS was running for the pro version that was also $15. Anyway for anyone interested G2A does have copies of Win8 pro for ~15 right now via the marketplace. Regardless of whether or not it was the upgrade or not it's trivial to activate it from a clean install.

Thanks a lot for the tip! It worked great and now I have an extra copy of 8.1 for $15. I already activated it and it went flawlessly. I'm going to buy a couple more keys. All I had to do was acquire the installer for Windows 8 which I then updated to 8.1 and entered my new key. Simple as that. Thanks again

I can't find it on the G2A site for $15. I saw it for $50. Now their website says:

This product is currently out of stock.

Also I can't find the upgrade only the full version (I think). Would someone please provide a link or directions to find the $15 version?

Edit: oh nevermind. Must have been a script or privacy blocker. Tried it in Opera and the little applet shows the cheaper options. Thanks!

4843 Comments. 243 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo