Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for heiko

Real Name heiko   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tootbrush
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2005, 20:09
Total Comments 89 (Suspect)
User ID 23279

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds
23. Re: EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds May 11, 2014, 04:57 tootbrush

Fantaz wrote on May 11, 2014, 00:28:
R.I.P. C&C

shutting down the ability to play multiplayer C&C (Generals/Zero Hour/RA3/etc) is like killing the franchise completely. and with no new C&C game coming out now it's just over, the end. there will just be a few hardcore people playing on VPN, but that will be all.
Nah, multiplayer for the C&C games won't die. If EA doesn't do anything, people in the community are developing community-supported multiplayer solutions, sort of like what XWIS and CnCNet are for the older C&C games. Even BFME has working multiplayer again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grey Goo Announced
5. Re: Grey Goo Announced Mar 13, 2014, 13:37 tootbrush

Looks like Petroglyph's 2nd attempt at a C&C successor, based on the info on the website. Hopefully it doesn't suffer the same fate as Universe at War (good ideas hampered by SEGA, the 360 and GFWL), but... I'll take anything I can get right now. The fact that the base building RTS is being dominated by SC2 is rather depressing.  

News Comments > SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden
2. Re: SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden Sep 18, 2013, 10:56 tootbrush

Talutha wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 09:51:
It should be noted that this purchase is actually being made by Sega Sammy
No, that's the old news that circulated this morning. According to the press release, Index is being acquired by SEGA Dream Corporation, which is a subsidiary created by SEGA Corporation for this acquisition.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2013, 01:54 tootbrush

Dev wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 01:03:
The real gem in this bundle is that for less than $4 you can get all three King's Bounty games. Those are quite fun.
More like two. Crossworlds is basically Armored Princess with extra stuff. Looks like Warriors of the North isn't part of this sale, unfortunately.

News Comments > Lineage Eternal Trailer
1. Re: Lineage Eternal Trailer Nov 12, 2011, 18:13 tootbrush

It's on NCsoft's official YT channel too if you can't be bothered to download a 600MB trailer.

I hate to say this about a Korean grinder, but that looks somewhat fun, especially the mouse gesture skills.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal
18. Re: Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal Jul 23, 2011, 11:23 tootbrush

I would, since it would mean replaying through some of the coolest SP levels ever: Terraniux, ISV-Kran, The Sunspire, Na Pali Haven/Outpost 3J, Bluff Eversmoking, Nali Castle, The Darkening...

Unreal's still my favourite FPS from that time period. No-one has managed to recapture that atmosphere of being all alone on an alien planet since.

News Comments > Need for Speed: The Run Trailer
9. Re: Need for Speed: The Run Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 09:20 tootbrush

Wreck

Something's wrong when the new Driver looks more like NFS than NFS.

And the announcement was so promising...

News Comments > Imperator Domain
1. Re: Imperator Domain Aug 14, 2010, 14:53 tootbrush

Ooh, I remember looking forward to that game. I thought the idea of a MMORPG set in a sci-fi Roman Republic was pretty interesting back then.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Announcement
21. Re: BioShock Infinite Announcement Aug 12, 2010, 16:44 tootbrush

Apparently you don't need to worry about connections to the other BioShocks (from Kotaku's impressions):
He doesn't call it prequel though and drew no narrative connections between the BioShocks we have played and the one his team is making. "I don't want to think about that," Levine said to me. "I don't think it's particularly constructive to have that conversation."
He sounds bitter.

News Comments > Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Announced
14. Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Announced Jun 15, 2010, 10:05 tootbrush

Shadowcat wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 07:21:
The next "Hot Pursuit" game after "NFS: Hot Pursuit" and "NFS: Hot Pursuit 2" is NOT "NFS: Hot Pursuit" again!
Actually the first Hot Pursuit was called "Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit". The "III" makes all the difference.

This isn't quite what I expected. I wish they'd stop building NFS games around the cop chase concept. It would be better off as an extra game mode for a real NFS game (like Porsche Unleashed) or something.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege 3 Announced
7. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 13:51 tootbrush

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 13:42:
DS2 - Better engine, but less revolutionary compared to other releases, better gameplay by far in my opinion.( Not shared by DS1 fanatics.)
This. I tried to play DS1 after going through 2, but it just bored me to tears. Gameplay wasn't the main reason for that though. DS2 just had a more developed setting and lore (and Deru), which kept me interested enough to play through the game.

News Comments > Mass Effect Movie Plans
5. Re: Mass Effect Movie Plans May 25, 2010, 12:30 tootbrush

Isn't Mass Effect pretty much a Hollywood action flick already? What's there to ruin?  

News Comments > King's Bounty: Crossworlds Announced
2. Re: King's Bounty: Crossworlds Announced May 24, 2010, 14:14 tootbrush

Uh, no. It's a stand-alone expansion to Armored Princess, not Legend. Therefore it will include an updated Armored Princess, like it says in the press release.  

News Comments > Doctor Who Games Interview
5. Re: Doctor Who Games Interview Apr 29, 2010, 15:23 tootbrush

Fion wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 11:42:
the lead and second writer and director having left the show
Good riddance. The specials last year were terrible. The 4th season wasn't much better. In fact, so far the current season has been the best Dr. Who I've seen since Blink.

They're pretty far along in development.
If last Saturday's Confidential is anything to go by, at least content-wise the first episode seems to be done already.

News Comments > Worms Reloaded is Worms 2: Armageddon
3. Re: Worms Reloaded is Worms 2: Armageddon Feb 24, 2010, 11:54 tootbrush

So is this Worms Armageddon then?
It's not. This is the Worms 2: Armageddon that was released on XBLA last year.

News Comments > C&C4/APOC Status Report
3. Re: C&C4/APOC Status Report Nov 12, 2009, 18:07 tootbrush

Why did CNC go where it did after ZeroHour?

What, was there something wrong with that direction? The fans wanted classic C&C gameplay, Tiberium and/or Soviets and they got them. Both C&C3 and RA3 were solid games.

I sure hoped Petroglyph was around longer to do something after their first attempt at a game past Starwars, what the hell happened to them, did EA hitmen assassinate them?

They made Universe at War and are still alive and well. They're actually developing 2 games right now: Mytheon and an MMORTS.

GOD HELP YOU APOC!

Oh leave him alone. He's just doing his job.

News Comments > Unreal Tease
18. Re: Unreal Tease Oct 24, 2009, 03:05 tootbrush

I don't want to see a proper Unreal sequel from them right now. The feeling of being completely alone on an alien planet, some impressive maps (The Sunspire, Bluff Eversmoking) and those translation messages made that game. It's impossible for the current Epic to get that atmosphere right.  

News Comments > 100 Million Need for Speed Sales
15. Re: 100 Million Need for Speed Sales Oct 21, 2009, 17:01 tootbrush

I will never understand the love the newer NFSs get. The career mode in both Underground and Most Wanted felt like typical MMORPG grinding to me. After a while I just got sick of gathering some kind of arbitrary points to unlock things.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Leaked Trailer
11. Re: The Witcher 2 Leaked Trailer Sep 18, 2009, 11:35 tootbrush

Ah, QTEs.. everyone's favourite lazy way to do boss battles. Hopefully they drop them fast. Or at least just make them not transition into that pseudo-cinematic view. It breaks the flow of the battle.  

News Comments > Return(s) to Monkey Island
4. Re: Return(s) to Monkey Island Jun 1, 2009, 13:04 tootbrush

I wonder what 'hi-resolution remake' means in this case. The Curse of Monkey Island art style?  

89 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo