Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James

Real Name James   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Akuinnen
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2005, 18:47
Total Comments 232 (Novice)
User ID 23266

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Larger Than 145 Countries
7. Re: Wow on WOW Jan 11, 2007, 14:25 Akuinnen

"I hate the way MMO's have no ending, and are clearly designed to extract money out of you and get you hooked."

What you describe doesn't sound too different from arcades in the 80's. It's just evolved and moved into the home. I play with a lot of people over 30. A few are 50+.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vanguard Dated
11. Re: Hmmmm Jan 11, 2007, 13:34 Akuinnen

I beta tested. This game is very very buggy. I don't think they can overcome the problems before it goes live. I would wait and see what happens. At the very least, in a few months some more bugs will be ironed out and the retail price should drop.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
10. Ads May 2, 2006, 22:10 Akuinnen

The Nokia and Axe banners take away from the feel of a warzone. The fact that the ads are in English in Mexico city is stupid.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Oblivion (Official)
51. Re: The game HAS a paperdoll! Mar 22, 2006, 13:16 Akuinnen

I'm having a hard time understanding the interface. I keep hitting escape and I keep right clicking like in Morrowind. I w ould also rather it brought up a smaller windows so, for instance, I could view a local and world map at the same time.

Those are really minor "I'll get used to it" things. The game so far is everything I wanted. I've done maybe three quests, and they've all been interesting and fun. It's very nice looking too. Looking at the scenery it feels like I'm out hiking. It even runs good on my wifes computer which has a Radeon 9600. I was shocked and relieved to find this out, since there would be nagging and complaining.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
38. Got it from CompUSA Mar 21, 2006, 16:28 Akuinnen

CompUSA in Bellevue WA had it for $39. There were only 3 copies left on the shelf. The lady at the counter mentioned that they were selling a lot of them. Now if only work would get over with.

News Comments > X3 Patches
27. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2006, 12:31 Akuinnen

but it definatly cuts down on casual piracy which is still the problem.

How do you know that? Has there been a study on people who tried to casualy pirate X3 but couldn't? Also how did these casual pirates who were thawrted by Starforce manage to turn on their computers or not short out their keyboards due to the drool falling off their lips?

News Comments > X3 Patches
24. Re: Just when you thought it was safe... Mar 15, 2006, 12:25 Akuinnen

but it certainly sounds like you wish you can pirate X3 and cant! And now whining!

It's not hard to pirate X3. It takes no special skills or knowledge. Why you would want to pirate this game is the question. It looks impressive, but there's not that much too it.

News Comments > GUN Backfires
39. ?? Feb 1, 2006, 15:17 Akuinnen

I thought the Indians were the good guys in the game from the start. That's how I played it. I killed and scalped lots of white people. I did it because they were the bad guys.
*shrug*
Also.. the comment about "lazy Irish" or whatever it was, that's how things were back then. Not everyone was running around handing out puppies and kisses to poor immigrants. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's wrong to pretend it never happened.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
8. Life at 60 Jan 30, 2006, 10:28 Akuinnen

I tried to like going on Raids. I began to get tired of runing BRS and Strat and not getting anything useful. I felt bad about the hours I wasted doing something repetative just for the slight chance to get a better piece of armor. I tried some of the bigger Raids and didn't like those either. With more than five people on the Raid I felt more like a heal bot than an important piece of the party. On top of all this it was often hard for our guild to get a full group. So in the end I quit.

It's too bad they feel that they need to add more high end raids. I had hopped they would do more raids like Diremaul.

News Comments > Star Wars: Empire at War Collector's Edition
3. Re: Collector's Edition Jan 21, 2006, 00:50 Akuinnen

Try the chriz_mod4 mod. It allows you to build more units and adds some new kinds of units. At first I was kind of iffy on the game but after trying some of the other units in a larger battle I have higher hopes.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Bioware Oct 11, 2005, 14:50 Akuinnen

I just finished JE last night. It was a pretty fun game. One of the things I disliked was the dialog options. I thought they were to simple. My character was often asking questions with obvious answer.

NPC: "I am a spirit Monk!"
Character: "Are you a spirit Monk?"

I would expect a little more awareness from a character with a high mind attribute. I knew what was going on but my character seemed very clueless. The responses were fairly boring.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
7. Plot Twist Jun 8, 2005, 14:48 Akuinnen

"hmmm, there’s a part after you find the heir and reunite him with the Blades that I love."

Like the Blades turn on the heir and kill him in a suprising plot twist?

232 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo