Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mike

Real Name mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McSterls
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2005, 17:24
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 23265

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2013, 09:22 McSterls

Ouya offers store credit of $13.37, so basically sorry we were late here's 13 bucks in credit at the company store - go crazy. Not sure that 13 dollars would make me feel any better about buying this budget console.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: PlayStation 4 fans flock to sign petition demanding return of controversial Xbox One features Jul 12, 2013, 16:03 McSterls

Fantaz wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 15:48:
McSterls wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 10:16:
I'm so signing this. I pre-ordered the PS4.

Not sure if trolling?

How so?

I read the article which was posted. The article dealt with people who bought the PS4 but hate Microsoft enough to sign the petition asking them restore their controversial DRM. I did not see a link to the petition in the article, and I provided one.

How am I trolling?

11. Re: PlayStation 4 fans flock to sign petition demanding return of controversial Xbox One features Jul 12, 2013, 10:16 McSterls

I'm so signing this. I pre-ordered the PS4.

News Comments > WARMACHINE: TACTICS Kickstarter
7. Re: WARMACHINE: TACTICS Kickstarter Jul 11, 2013, 16:14 McSterls

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 13:13:

I think it's important to remember that KS isn't a purchase per se, but a funding mechanism. Don't KS if you expect 100% guarantee.

I totally agree, and that's what I'm saying. Based on previous contributions I won't be contributing to any more games, regardless of perceived potential.

News Comments > WARMACHINE: TACTICS Kickstarter
1. Re: WARMACHINE: TACTICS Kickstarter Jul 11, 2013, 10:57 McSterls

This does look super cool, and will clearly make it's goal...but after kickstarting a bunch of games last year and experiencing some disappointments, I think I'll wait in the future to see how the game turns out and buy if it's warranted.

I'm still stung by Kickstarting Strike Suit Zero and not only having the game suck, but it going on sale the day of release for half what I contributed.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 9, 2013, 11:13 McSterls

Verno wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 10:35:
I stopped into Gamestop to see if they had any PS4 demo kits yet, I asked the manager how the PS4 vs Xbox One thing was going so far. He flipped up a clipboard with preorder sheets attached, the PS4 one was pages long and the Xbox One was less than a single page. Just a one store anecdote but I found it interesting.

That's how it is everywhere - XBox One is something people don't want, a few killer games and they will get a small following, but I'd say that the PS4 is going to dominate Next Gen for years to come.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
18. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 9, 2013, 11:09 McSterls

Not loving the character switching, but the game's visuals look amazing. I'm in.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Campaign Soars
12. Re: Star Citizen Campaign Soars Jul 8, 2013, 14:45 McSterls

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 13:53:
Yeah, how dumb it that. Focus always on content first. His stetch goals are exorbinatn at any rate. A million for each goal? Nope, wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

I'm in. I'm really not that excited about this game and I only put in like 30 bucks, figure if it epic fails that's less then I paid for a lot of games I still haven't played or hated over the years, on the other hand if he makes it work then I feel like I got a good deal, only time will tell.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 8, 2013, 13:47 McSterls

avianflu wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 12:07:
i am very looking forward to Space Hulk

Me too, can't come soon enough!

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans?
4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans? Jul 8, 2013, 10:25 McSterls

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 09:41:
Im simply stunned by this news. Speechless.

Seems like a great way for Gearbox to get started on a future bankruptcy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 26, 2013, 15:07 McSterls

I watched his videos this morning. Seems like the reaction he is trying for is violence. I'm sure that if he keeps going, he'll find it.  

News Comments > Beamdog: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pulled By Atari
10. Re: Beamdog: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pulled By Atari Jun 26, 2013, 09:06 McSterls

It's funny that I've been holding off buying this for my IPad until I had a long plane flight, which I have tomorrow. I didn't buy it before, because why wouldn't it be available when I want to get it. Instead, I bought X-Com.  

News Comments > OZombie Kickstarter
11. Re: OZombie Kickstarter Jun 25, 2013, 08:44 McSterls

This sounds like a horrible idea.  

News Comments > Free Aliens: Colonial Marines
8. Re: Free Aliens: Colonial Marines Jun 20, 2013, 12:38 McSterls

I'm too afraid that the rebate wouldn't show up, then I would get stuck paying $19.99 for this piece of crap. Pass.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 09:48 McSterls

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 09:35:
This isn't anything new and is actually due to the PS4 having several different bundles. As soon as they started offering them the chart placement for the PS4 became fractured.

Amazon has run out of the Day 1 PS4 release, but XBox One Day 1 releases are still available. Just becasue Microsoft can provide more Day 1 unit volume than Sony doesn't make Microsoft a winner. Xbox One is the Windows 8 of Game Consoles.

News Comments > Bethesda Denies Fallout 4 E3 Showings
2. Re: Bethesda Denies Fallout 4 E3 Showings Jun 19, 2013, 16:33 McSterls

I think they showed it.

What's the point of making people sign NDA's if you are just going to turn around and admit you showed the game.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
23. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 15:44 McSterls

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 21, 2013, 15:36:
And, the biggest thing that will make me NOT buy it: Confirmed, Xbox One is NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!

Even the 360 was not 100% compatible, game interpretation code and emulation was used to make some original xbox games work. This one is a complete jump to PC based architecture. This should make PC Ports better and more cost effective to develop, and XBOX games more PC like. I think it's a win-win. You don't have to away your old Xbox, just drag it out when you want to play something old.

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
46. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 08:45 McSterls

What is this a UbiSoft release? Pass, maybe after some modder fixes this and it's 10 bucks I'll pick it up.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed
2. Re: Total War: ROME II in September; Preorder DLC & CE Revealed May 9, 2013, 13:36 McSterls

How can anyone say no to adding Sparta as a playable faction. I'm in.  

News Comments > Silent Enemy PC Plans
1. Re: Silent Enemy PC Plans May 6, 2013, 10:59 McSterls

The graphic and art style that you can see in the video look very nice. Not sure how I feel about a game's topic being bullying, and the impression I got from the glimpse given is that it's an anti-bullying game....I know that's the right message - but how is that fun?  

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo