Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mike

Real Name mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McSterls
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2005, 17:24
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 23265

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2011, 14:01 McSterls

"It can render emotion!"

I've been looking to build an emotion rendering farm

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vaporware 2010
21. Re: Vaporware 2010 Jan 3, 2011, 16:59 McSterls

Black Mesa was very near done then it vanished. Methinks Valve is preparing to bundle it with it's next "Box', or at the very least, release it as a paid-for mod, a la Garry's Mod.

That would be my guess too. In the box with Episode 3, but still a free mod. Didn't Valve say they had three big surprises coming before the end of 2010. I think they only announced 1 of the three.

News Comments > Vaporware 2010
14. Re: Vaporware 2010 Jan 3, 2011, 13:30 McSterls

I'm tired of waiting for Black Mesa myself, but I don't think it's vaporware, I think it's very close and there was Black Mesa news in August 2010, the developers were showing finished levels.

AtomicPC [url=http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spieleradar.de%2FPC%2Fspiele%2Fnews%2Fblack-mesa-half-life%2F6_17170_13790%2Frelease-nicht-vor-maerz-2011.html&act=url[/url]

as recently as last week there was an article on the upcoming release in Europe that says don't expect it before March 2011.

Spieleradar [url=http://www.spieleradar.de/PC/spiele/news/black-mesa-half-life/6_17170_13790/release-nicht-vor-maerz-2011.html[/url]

I don't think it's Vaporware, its probably a long and tedious process that these guys are sick of working on.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2011, 13:50.

News Comments > Steam Sale Runs out of Risen Keys
1. Re: Steam Sale Runs out of Risen Keys Nov 15, 2010, 09:48 McSterls

This is outrageous. I too picked up Risen on Steam this weekend and if it wasn't for my desire to finish that piece of shit game Call of Duty:Black Ops I would have been playing (or trying to play) Risen this weekend as well.

P.S. Did I mention that Black Ops sucked!!

News Comments > On PC Battlefield 3
8. Re: On PC Battlefield 3 Oct 21, 2010, 11:24 McSterls

I think original (last year) specs said 64 player, but who knows it's been a long time. Look at MAG for the PS3, I think that supports a few hundred players.  

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patches
3. Re: The Settlers 7 Patches Sep 29, 2010, 14:17 McSterls

Oh sure, it's been cracked for a while now, but is it a game worth playing? From playing the Demo, I would say no. They left out the fun.  

News Comments > On Microsoft Games Studio's PC Recommitment
19. Re: On Microsoft Games Studio's PC Recommitment Sep 24, 2010, 11:31 McSterls

Isn't this at least Microsfot's Third Recommitment to PC gaming? Forget originals PC titles, at least start porting games over though. Where is Gears of War 2 for the PC?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Secret revealed about the Titanic sinking Sep 23, 2010, 11:41 McSterls

While Lightoller was a fascinating individual with adventures both before and after the Titanic accident including being shipwrecked and rescued from a deserted island and being considered a standup guy at the inquiry of the disaster - he was in his bunk, not on the bridge, at the time of the accident and this supposed secret sounds more like a device to sell some books. The truth tends to get lost in all the confusion - the death of Captain Smith, what song the band played as the ship went down, I can hardly believe a secret kept by his granddaughter since the 1960s as a smoking gun in the accident.  

News Comments > GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated]
27. Re: GOG.com Re-launch Tomorrow [Updated] Sep 22, 2010, 15:14 McSterls

Their stunt worked though, didn't it? Sure it may have caused some people hardship thinking they had lost their games, but it was only for a couple of days and look at all the publicity they got out of it. People who never heard of GoG, sure have now. Others who bought games and are cursing them will still go back even for all their momentary nay-saying and besides they are DRM-Free, I've backed my GoG downloads up, never worried me one way or another.  

News Comments > Win 7/USB SpaceOrb
2. Re: Win 7/USB SpaceOrb Sep 21, 2010, 10:49 McSterls

I'm not familiar with the ORB, but I am curious. This website claims they have units for sale: but I'm not $99.00 curious.

http://www.cwonline.com/store/view_product.asp?Product=1108

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Monkey Lord DLC Plans
1. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Monkey Lord DLC Plans Sep 8, 2010, 13:41 McSterls

I'm sorry, but no one should be excited for DLC for this title.  

News Comments > Chris Taylor on PCs
8. Re: Chris Taylor on PCs Sep 7, 2010, 11:45 McSterls

I pre-ordered SupCom 2 through STEAM, for 10% off, @46 bucks based on the strength of SupCom 1, and early screenies of 2. Wow, did I get ripped off, you can get it on STEAM now for less then 10 bucks. I'm taking a pass on all future GPG titles unless they get a strong review.  

News Comments > Bloody Good Time Announced
2. Re: Bloody Good Time Announced Sep 2, 2010, 14:47 McSterls

Really? Do we need a press release for a game that is obviously going to suck? Do Developers and Publisher's not have the common sense to look at a games description "Bloody Good Time puts players on a Hollywood set, where they get to choose their thrill" and say to themselves this one is a looser that shouldn't have a dime invested in it. Every line reads like a game that won't break even "There is an option link up to eight players online in this first-person shooter and to have a multiplayer experience like no other". REALLY, 8 players that does sound like fun and like no other!  

News Comments > BFG Tech to Close?
2. Re: BFG Tech to Close? Jul 6, 2010, 15:55 McSterls

Last month, I sent BFG an email regarding their trade-up program. I own 3 BFG video cards and they never even bothered to get back to me, a day or two later then announced they were exiting the GPU market. How do they go from some of the worlds best tech support to no response at all.  

News Comments > Impulse Top 10
1. Re: Impulse Top 10 Oct 27, 2009, 15:04 McSterls

If this list is accurate, then no one is buying from Impulse. Are people really still playing Sins of a Solar Empire??  

News Comments > Saboteur Preorder Bonus
1. Re: Saboteur Preorder Bonus Oct 13, 2009, 11:05 McSterls

In game weapon??? Give me a replica knife and then I'll pre-order.  

News Comments > Empire: Total War Patch & Map Plans
2. Re: Empire: Total War Patch & Map Plans Oct 2, 2009, 13:28 McSterls

According to the 1.5 FAQ over on the Creative Assembly web page:
[url=]http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/sreply/816956[/url]

Q: Will this patch make the game fun?
A: Yes
Q: Will this patch resolve AI path finding issues?
A: No
Q: Are purchases of this product from Steam eligible for refund?
A. Are you kidding? We got your money. No!

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2009, 13:29.

News Comments > Four Sins of a Solar Empire Add-ons Planned
14. Re: Four Sins of a Solar Empire Add-ons Planned Oct 22, 2008, 14:03 McSterls

Sins is a great game. I'll play it for a while, then get bored after a week and then still come back to it a few month later. How many games can you say that about? I'm looking forward to the expansions, Entrenchment comes out the middle of November and I think it will fix some flaws in the original, plus push the difficulty level up. The next expansion pack has something to do with revamping world economics and bonuses - so I'm not sure if additional units are to be included in that or not.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
30. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 12:48 McSterls

http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/articles/news/139/Polish-Games-Magazine-Click-reviews-Fallout

I felt this review from Poland was more balanced, it points out good and bad things about the title.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 12:49.

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: ... Oct 16, 2008, 09:26 McSterls

The last place I'd look for a balanced review of Fallout 3 is NMA. That crowd is so jaded it's not even funny. Their idea of the perfect Fallout 3 is just a rerelease of Fallout 1.

I'm with you. I've been looking forward to this game and have become addicted to watching new videos as they appear online. I haven't played the previous two games, which I understand were great but this reviewer seems hell bent on giving a bad review. The screen shots, the action videos all look great to me. I'm looking forward to getting my copy on release day and making my own opinions rather then being led down the road of disappointment by haters and trolls.

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo