Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mike

Real Name mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McSterls
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2005, 17:24
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 23265

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced
6. Re: Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced Sep 1, 2011, 10:27 McSterls

Frijoles wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 10:21:
I haven't bought a sound card since Doom 3 came out. I think I've used on-board for the last two or three upgrades I've done. I don't see that changing any time soon.

If Creative really wants to get to our wallets they should start making video cards. I'm a sucker for a new video card every 1-2 years, but sound? Once you've got a good sound card there is no reason to upgrade. Ever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced
2. Re: Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced Sep 1, 2011, 10:13 McSterls

"The Ultimate Sound Processor for the PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and PS3.

They've said this every time a new card comes out. I'll stick with my Asus Xonar DX, thanks.

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
31. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 12:25 McSterls

Isn't shooting civilians really a moral decision that should be left up to the player? Building a realistic shooter like BF3 appears to be means that collateral damage and friendly fire can and should happen. I'm not aiming for the civilians, but if someone takes a round so be it.

The "no russian" mission in Call of Duty was to kill civilians, that was the purpose of the mission.

News Comments > On Origin Data-Mining
45. Re: On Origin Data-Mining Aug 24, 2011, 10:05 McSterls

I've already pre-ordered BF3, and think it will be the GOTY - but not liking this Origin service and their snooping at all. I'll put up with it because I want to play, but how many people will pass over this. Just a bad business model, and typical EA bullshit.  

News Comments > Full Metro: Last Light E3 Trailer
2. Re: Full Metro: Last Light E3 Trailer Aug 23, 2011, 13:06 McSterls

tony wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 12:28:
I don't need to watch this trailer because I already know the game is going to be awesome.

Agreed, I'd rather not watch and spoil any surprises, one of the best games of last year.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2011, 12:42 McSterls

bit-tech.uk has their review of the game up before it's release, they give it a 90% - still time to grab the pre-release steam price too.  

News Comments > World of Trailers
1. Re: World of Trailers Aug 18, 2011, 12:26 McSterls

Any word on if World of Battleships will include submarines?  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
32. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 14:49 McSterls

Mmmmmm. Can't wait, looks great.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: GLaDOS outfit Aug 10, 2011, 16:06 McSterls

system confirmation: cutie

http://silverstar42.deviantart.com/#/d42almm

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 21, 2011, 11:18 McSterls

haven't heard of this one before, but the screenshots look pretty.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jul 19, 2011, 13:47 McSterls

I just jumped over to GameSpy to make sure the text was as quoted, and holy shit it's spot on. This nation is at war with enemies on all fronts and GameSpy would refer to US Marines as high school dropouts, I'm done with GameSpy now.  

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
5. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 10:17 McSterls

It's hard to find a review site that isn't working the c**k of a publisher, I like bit-tech.net, they get it right pretty much every time and aren't afraid to throw a game to the ground for sucking. Duke Nuke Score on Bit-tech: 50%  

News Comments > BF3 Preorder Backlash
32. Re: BF3 Preorder Backlash Jun 13, 2011, 13:56 McSterls

Wasn't there a special free in-game weapon if you pre-purchased 2142 from Best Buy? Maybe it was just a reskinned standard gun.

Regardless, these weapons will be lower on the tech tree, get them for free obsolete after a few hours of playing. I don't see that as hurting the balance at all, balance will be hurt by people who have played FPS before too.

News Comments > KAOS Studios Closed
5. Re: KAOS Studios Closed Jun 13, 2011, 13:53 McSterls

In early March employees at KAOS expressed concern that they'd be forced to move to Montreal after Homefront shipped

Guess what, you don't be afraid about having to move to Montreal anymore.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer
14. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 15:36 McSterls

OMG! I think I pissed myself. Bring it on!  

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
2. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 12:40 McSterls

Isn't this something we should work our way into slowly? Give it a few years for the door to the gay network closet to open. Maybe we could start with the double entendre and some innuendo before we launch full into the gay computer revolution revolution. I have a hard time watching gay scene's on HBO and Showtime, not sure how I'm going to be able to handle finding out that my favorite character is into hardcore BF weekends.  

News Comments > Z Revival
14. Re: Z Revival Apr 1, 2011, 15:41 McSterls

I remember Z:Steel Soldiers too, I played through it twice, but there were a lot of issues which the Bitmap Brother promised, and never delivered on, like a map editor and a lot of game play and A.I. bugs that went unfixed(your units could be fired on and destroyed without them responding) that they decided to walkaway from and not fix. I've never forgotten it and won't be coming back to a Bitmap brother game anytime soon.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 2, 2011, 12:02 McSterls

I'm sure it's a very good card - but I'll wait to see an independent review. The one slide reads 67% faster than GTX 580 (Avg.), sounds like marketing.

News Comments > New Relic RTS Plans
30. THQ Bringing Voltron Game This Year Feb 15, 2011, 16:40 McSterls

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/67523

Everything old is new again. Variety reports that THQ is working on a game set to release later this year, based on the classic cartoon Voltron. Details on the game adaptation are sparse, but if we had to guess we'd say it will involve giant fighting robots. In space.

The game is part of an effort to relaunch the Voltron property in various media incarnations this fall. It will launch alongside Voltron Force, a new 26-episode animated series coming to Nicktoons. Mattel will also be bringing out new Voltron Force toys in 2012. World Event Productions, which owns the rights to Voltron, is hoping to develop a movie adaptation as well.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
3. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Feb 2, 2011, 16:30 McSterls

This looks great, can't wait for this and next years Crysis2: Warhead expansion.  

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo