Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mike

Real Name mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McSterls
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2005, 17:24
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 23265

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Trolling?
8. Re: Half-Life 3 Trolling? Dec 2, 2011, 11:17 McSterls

The shirt is probably a prank, you know like irony and shit - I want one now myself.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF3 MAV is So Mav
8. Re: BF3 MAV is So Mav Nov 16, 2011, 13:07 McSterls

Nacelle wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 12:24:
This is awesome! Of course on some of those towers, you're an easy target for everyone else.

Awesome, maybe - but still a cheat. What was it in BF2142, drop pod surfing that got banned in the first patch, this is clearly going to be banned in patch 1.

News Comments > Minecraft Gold
15. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 14, 2011, 15:39 McSterls

I didn't play the Beta to death, and am looking forward to the release. Great game and great concept. Notch is the man.  

News Comments > Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands?
6. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 16:01 McSterls

Probably a result of that backwards date thing the Europeans do. Sometimes they let their produce spoil because they get so confused over which number is the day and which is the month. Oh, those wacky Europeans.  

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 4M; MineCon & Version 1.0 Approach
12. Re: Minecraft Sells 4M; MineCon & Version 1.0 Approach Nov 7, 2011, 15:34 McSterls

jimnms wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 12:15:
... So I guess there won't be a beta 1.9.

Beta 1.9 prerelease 5 has been available for a few weeks now. Lots of new fun stuff, but I'm trying to hold off too until the final.

pre-release link

News Comments > Dota 2 Beta Expands
3. Re: Dota 2 Beta Expands Nov 2, 2011, 11:36 McSterls

I got the email last night from Valve, but I don't think I'm going to get picked for the Beta. Step 1 was to allow Steam to scan your PC hardware and send back the results, Step 2 which was mandatory was to fill out a DOTA survey, but the questions were ones that only a current player could successfully complete, how many hours a week do you currently play DOTA, what is you favorite character, like 20 questions similar to these.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 31, 2011, 14:43 McSterls

to think, I did.

I have gotten burned too many times by the pre-release purchase price - never again. I'm not buying early to save 10% again.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Oct 11, 2011, 15:02 McSterls

Just picked it on Steam for 9 bucks, did a double take - wasn't this $49.99 just recently??? Haven't seen this kind of crash since I bought Supreme Commander 2 at full price to see it plummet to it's well deserved $9.99 price a few months later.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 - State of the Game; Stats Reset Plans
8. Re: Red Orchestra 2 - State of the Game; Stats Reset Plans Oct 7, 2011, 15:52 McSterls

I bought it at release, but haven't played yet because of all the bugs. So I'm thinking this is the perfect time to get started. I don't see a mention of WHEN the reset will take place, besides "soon", anyone know?  

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
4. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 15:26 McSterls

My disappointment is only eased by the games mentioned development cycle problems, anything with this many problems is bound to suck.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta
10. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta Sep 26, 2011, 16:18 McSterls

Just saw that those Recommended System Specs from a few weeks ago were for Medium Quality only, Ultra quality requires 2 580 GTX's in SLI mode.

Every little bit these new drivers can help the better.

News Comments > 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders
3. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:36 McSterls

Tumbler wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 10:28:
Then there was the alpha...good god.

I can't decide if Good God is good or bad?

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta This Month
5. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta This Month Sep 20, 2011, 10:52 McSterls

No word on Internet speed requirements?  

News Comments > Dead Island "Private Joke" Goes Public
13. Re: Dead Island Sep 8, 2011, 15:32 McSterls

EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:27:
That a programmer had the stones to include that raises the games standing in my mind. This political correctness garbage really has begun to cross the line into absurdity. Besides, its not like any feminist whores will ever even see this to be by offended by it - what with all the not making sandwiches and time spent horizontally lobbying politicos.

Yeah, really. It's funny. +1 for Techland.

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month
29. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 16:39 McSterls

Winter is coming!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build?
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 12:09 McSterls

Blue wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 11:30:
[quote="
What was wrong with how this was reported in the story you are commenting on?

Sorry Blue, I thought it was a subsequent post with further details, my bad.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build?
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 11:19 McSterls

saw this over at GDN:
A patch is set to be pushed out to North American PC version owners today. Destructoid received a list of fixes that would be in the day one patch for the game and hereís everything you can expect

So now only did Techland and Deep Silver know the game had some serious issues, they knew exactly what they were and again, instead of pushing out the release date, simply pushed out a broken game or rather, an unfinished product. No, itís not the first time a company has done it, and will probably not be the last, but itís starting to become a bad habit for the industry.

News Comments > DICE on Releasing BF3 Mod Tools: "We Are Considering It"
35. Re: DICE on Releasing BF3 Mod Tools: "We Are Considering It" Sep 2, 2011, 11:23 McSterls

Just like they were considering adding Onslaught mode to the BFBC2 PC version? Never happened, and neither will this.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Vehicle Preview
6. Re: Battlefield 3 Vehicle Preview Sep 2, 2011, 08:46 McSterls

This game looks great! I'm waiting for the Crysis like moment when we find out it won't run on most PC's.  

News Comments > Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced
15. Re: Sound Blaster Recon3D Announced Sep 1, 2011, 11:34 McSterls

nin wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 10:39:
I'll stick with my Asus Xonar DX, thanks.

Is that based off the same chipset as the creative, though? Tell me more, if you don't mind. I've been using onboard, since the creative I have kept making random popping sounds in Windows 7.

Thanks!

It's my understanding that Sound Blaster uses one Cirrus Logic chipset while the Xonar uses two of them. What does that mean? I'm not really sure. I know that not only does it sound great, but I don't have to deal with the flaky driver support Creative has. I've experienced their policy of abandoning their hardware support first hand, and a few years ago they sued a guy who wrote his own drivers for their Legacy cards they were no longer supporting. So to hell with Creative.

Read this review of the Xonar, it's where I first heard of them:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/05/26/asus-xonar-dx-pci-express-soundcard/1

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo