Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mike

Real Name mike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname McSterls
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2005, 17:24
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 23265

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2014, 11:34 McSterls

Define Heavy Web Users?

I constantly see reports that 1% are using 99% of the bandwidth - Comcast claims that 350GB a month should be more than enough for any household. So, how much bandwidth do you use a month?

My house uses 600 GB a month.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > "Stunning" Nitrous Engine Impressions
28. Re: Jan 9, 2014, 13:58 McSterls

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 10:01:
So... they made an engine that only supports 30% of the market.... according to this -> http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey and think that's a good thing?

I only care about me (just being honest). Everyone else should upgrade so as to not hold back the gaming revolution, and this time it will be televised with V-Sync set to on.

News Comments > Half-Life Anniversary
21. Re: Half-Life Anniversary Nov 19, 2013, 16:45 McSterls

My friend and I in college used to argue about if Half-Life on release would be a defining moment in Video games. I think time has proven me right.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Apple's iPad problem Oct 23, 2013, 12:26 McSterls

I was going to upgrade my IPad 3 if this one had 802.11ac - it doesn't -might as well wait for the next one since my 3 works just fine.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
12. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 14:34 McSterls

I've got an idea for a ship I'll call the Penetrator. It's good for getting into tight spaces, like in game asteroid mining. Wet spaces, like a Water World or Rain Forest type planet. It leaves a hell of a mess sometimes too, due to a faulty reactor drive unit (think Firefly). Look for the Penetrator to be the most popular ship in the game!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2013, 12:26 McSterls

These same kids at Foxconn did a great job assembling my Iphone and IPAD, both still work after a couple of years, I have no doubt my new PS4 will operate reliably as well. Thanks Foxconn, I appreciated you helping Sony keep the price down.  

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
25. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 15:28 McSterls

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 14:53:
KS wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 13:35:

I've got my Sacrifice disk somewhere, I've got to dig that out...

You can get a new copy from gog.com for a couple of bucks, runs on windows 7 too.

21. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 14:50 McSterls

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 14:25:
KS wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 13:35:
The four best RTSs are, in order:

1. Sacrifice
2. Total Annihilation
3. Dungeon Keeper
4. Warcraft

The first two never had sequels, and I never understood why.

Sacrifice may have been the greatest and least appreciated RTS game of all time.

Total Annihilation had an excellent expansion pack, the Core Contingency, as well as free weekly units that made the game seem fresh for a long time, unfortunately it had to deal with Warcraft II's popularity. I remember in college no one would play TA with me, but Warcraft LAN games until dawn were a nightly occurrence. Good times.

3. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 10:25 McSterls

He's run out of ideas for new original games.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Revealed
2. Re: Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Revealed Sep 6, 2013, 10:51 McSterls

nin wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 10:15:
I was under the impression the last one wasn't received well?

No, huge hit in Europe - just like Hasselhoff.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 4, 2013, 16:02 McSterls

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 10:07:
Wow, the old bastard wants to put America into another needless war so his pals can continue to loot the US taxpayers and steal Syrian resources and he's laughing it off like it's all a big joke.

Do they have resources to steal?

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 10:35 McSterls

Just finished reading the review and I'd agree with the writer that it looks like a horrible job was done programming this game. What he didn't answer is if all his complaints were fixed in a patch would the game be fun and playable. I hope so, I've been looking forward to this one for a while now.  

News Comments > Thief in February
2. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 10:20 McSterls

I'd think that this weeks negative previews of the game will hurt pre-sales. Not sure why they decided to remove jumping from the game, but big mistake.  

News Comments > Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month
2. Re: Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month Aug 15, 2013, 16:19 McSterls

I like that they are giving out Steam keys to owners of the console version. Not sure about the game, but giving away keys for a duplicate purchase is a smart move.  

News Comments > World Zombination Announced
5. Re: World Zombination Announced Aug 14, 2013, 10:33 McSterls

Julio wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 10:21:
Nothing wrong with zombie games, just rather play a good one, which this doesn't appear to be. 7 Days to Die looks much superior (and is in its last 24 hours of KS).

Agreed! This looks horrible. I hate a game that doesn't take itself seriously.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Demo
2. Re: Europa Universalis IV Demo Aug 8, 2013, 13:24 McSterls

I'm hoping they dumb it down.
I still haven't been able to sit through the hour long youtube tutorials for Crusader Kings II.

News Comments > ROAM Dealing With "Legal Things"
15. Re: ROAM Dealing With Aug 8, 2013, 13:23 McSterls

Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 11:34:

I'm no lawyer, so perhaps I'm wrong, but a gag order by a judge means you can't discuss the case in question and the legal ramifications of it. I would seriously doubt that you would be allowed continue developing your game, but then somehow not being allowed to talk about said development. Even US law can't be that weird.

I'm not an attorney myself, but I do work for a large law firm and I have a lot of legal experience because of this - my opinion after reading the developers post (and being a backer myself) is that the developers have been advised by their attorneys "keep your mouth shut until this is over".

You don't need a gag order from a judge. Human nature is to talk about problems, that's also a good way to open yourself up to further damage or to make a problem worse.

News Comments > ROAM Dealing With "Legal Things"
3. Re: ROAM Dealing With Aug 8, 2013, 11:04 McSterls

Necrophob wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 10:28:
Unfortunate. This is the last KS I kicked in to, as I loved the idea of setting up my own barricaded fortress. Maybe this is a Phil Fish situation, where a former dev or financier wanted to take their ball and go home.

I'm in on this one too. I don't get the feeling from following the update that the developer is anything except enthusiastic. Their original pitch video showed that considerable preliminary work had been done already.

I read through what info there was this morning and it seems like a lot of speculation on what the problem is, no one knows for sure. At least development work continues.

News Comments > Arma 3 Next Month
11. Re: Arma 3 Next Month Aug 8, 2013, 11:00 McSterls

Can't wait. I bought during the Alpha and got for a good price - besides checking out the new engine and the game mechanics I haven't really played - looking forward to this one!  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 Clues?
7. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 3 Clues? Aug 6, 2013, 11:03 McSterls

Xero wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 10:16:
Honestly, I don't give a shieet about Half Life no more. It's an old game that was awesome for it's time but really is just another typical FPS these days...

This is what everyone thought last time too. Then Half-Life 2 blew the doors down. BOOM. It will happen again too.

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo