Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 491 (Amateur)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Adds New Standard Mode
5. Re: Hearthstone Adds New Standard Mode Feb 3, 2016, 01:52 Asmodai

Dev wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 23:16:
Ah, going the Magic the gathering cards way. Tons of expansions and most tourneys disallow most old cards, so always a stream of money coming in.

Brilliant marketing scheme and it works, Wizards of the Coast brings in TONS of money on it. Also a bit greedy, but if people are willing to drop money on it, that's how capitalism is.

Also handy to grandfather in "classic" cards which are balanced and quietly shuffle silly OP cards out of games without causing a furor (cos, ya know, wild mode and stuff..)

You'll end up with wild players calling standard players carebears etc...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Previews
21. Re: Sunday Previews Feb 1, 2016, 04:55 Asmodai

Devinoch wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 22:53:
So you don't like cover shooters on consoles, and yet, your opinion on a cover shooter on a console is somehow supposed to be valid?

I mean, rage harder, man. I just think you're hilarious. You knew it was a console cover based shooter going in, and the thing you stress, in every post you've made on this, is that it's a console cover based shooter, and therefore it sucks.

I think the highly hilarious thing is that with his professed dislike, he still signed up for the beta and downloaded/played the thing.

That is, he stapled himself to a a cross so he could bitch about the nasty holes in his hands and the splinters he got

News Comments > Repopulation Rework; Fragmented Announced
4. Re: Repopulation Rework; Fragmented Announced Feb 1, 2016, 04:44 Asmodai

Illumin wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 19:11:
bluemmouser wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 16:13:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 31, 2016, 15:56:
Good luck moving it to a new engine with the small staff they have. They have effectively killed the game.

If you actually read the article they have effectively resurrected the game. You do realize everything in the video was done from scratch in 2 and a half months? You realize they were using a dead engine stuck in a horrible agreement with HeroEngine? It was either kill the game or do what they did.
Agreed if anything this move saved the game. I think with the new engine they will end up selling more copies than they would of with the Hero engine.

Yup, loved the game, hated the clunky engine, glad to see that they are going back to the drawing board a little, I can wait.

News Comments > FNaF World Pulled; Refunds Offered
7. Re: FNaF World Pulled; Refunds Offered Jan 26, 2016, 08:42 Asmodai

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 05:22:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 02:35:
Dunno why, but whenever I see FNaF, all I can think of is "Fap Nightly and Forever." My therapist would have a field day if I told her.

Never played FNaF, but I had a friend who used put on a tank top no bra, get some beers, turn out the lights, and stream it while screaming and swearing up a storm. It was pretty funny.
With a friend like that, I can see why you need a therapist

Probably doesn't help that the friend is 360 lbs. And a "he"...

Seriously though, he boned up and he's making up for it by letting people walk away with their money if they wish. Seems to me to be the best case scenario in a situation like this...

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
42. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2016, 02:33 Asmodai

Quboid wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 19:30:
She didn't accept $400,000 for a talk she cancelled. She got threatened, she cancelled the talk, people gave her donations. What is she supposed to do, refuse them? Not help fund the cause the importance of which was so clearly demonstrated. Why is being an actual victim a reason to dismiss her? That's what her critics don't seem to understand, she doesn't play the victim, she is a victim. A victim of threats, a victim of harassment and a victim of huge, huge volumes of misinformation that is the reason that she can't have a proper conversation.

Umm, because she made herself a victim..?

Her videos are trollish in the extreme. The basic contention is that anyone who enjoys any of the video games portrayed (or games that have anything in common with them) is being brainwashed in to being a misogynistic twat.

I would not mind in the slightest if she were just expressing her opinions, but the whole thing is a cased closed judgement. If I were a person easily trolled, I'd probably want to pour a healthy measure of vitriol on her as well, but /shrug, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Just not their own facts. And that's what irks me about this whole ball of wax, Sarkeesian always talks as if she's 100% right. She shuts down critique and debate (legitimate, not just heaping abuse) by crying out that she's being attacked, which (surprise) further infuriates people trying to put forward measured opinions.

All of which feeds in to the furor, increases clicks, increases revenue/exposure... Pretty sweet deal, a few fake threats and you make a buttload of money.

As for her mental state, she's loving it. She's parlayed being an opinionated grouse in to a full time job, and the more people attack her, the more sympathy she generates.

So no, I do not have a lot of sympathy for her. Any more than I do for dickheads who go swimming in shark infested waters and then want the shark that bit off their arm destroyed.

You describe my thoughts on people like Thunderf00t, OneAngryGamer and her other critics perfectly, time after time there is so much nonsense that they're not credible and I have sympathy for Sarkeesian. I don't like her, I don't love her, as has been claimed, I don't even agree with many of her actual points. But I have sympathy for her because unlike GamerGate and their victim complex, she actually is a victim and she does not deserve it.

If no one attacked her, she would have faded away by now. Her popularity and support depend on people (and by people I mean a small number of morons who are not representative of "men" as a whole) constantly setting fires to draw more attention, which draws more irate supporters, etc etc.

I'll give her one thing though, she's a master fucking troll. As are any of the males in the world that express odious opinions to generate traffic (Tucker Max, Return of Kings etc). But we've ended up with two tribes of village idiots shouting at each other, and somehow we're actually bothering to listen to them... /eyeroll

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
7. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 01:39 Asmodai

Retired wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 00:54:
Bombshell beer in Corpus Christi Texas is the best beer I have ever had.

Almost entirely irrelevant but thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it the next time I'm stateside.

On the vid, hard to care about it really, was expecting some dynamic showing off of gameplay and instead got slow mo jerky animations (like, when you blow something up that is supposed to be 2cm's tall on the screen to full and expect it to cope...), not really their best sales pitch imo.

Here's the 2015 E3 footage which is a bit more explanatory.

https://youtu.be/VaZDqCF1NoU

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 19, 2016, 08:08 Asmodai

Lol, someone call Sarkeesian, Fat Princess is back... X D  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 11, 2016, 01:38 Asmodai

Shok wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 23:27:
Grim Dawn has its hooks in me. Excellent game I picked up in the steam Xmas sale due to someone recommending it here. Started playing a few days ago and time has ceased to matter to me in the only way a pooter game can do that.

Yup, I supported this from the first month or so through the years of silence when I thought it was going to be vapourware, and it's really been delivered well. Highly recommend that if you prefer POE to D3, to give this a whirl, it's a bit more cerebral and the storyline, while not overly compelling, is solid.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 27, 2015, 18:51 Asmodai

I wonder if the person who wrote the article has literally never set eyes on Team Fortress 2...

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
25. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 06:57 Asmodai

Lord Tea wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 06:40:
Vall Forran wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:17:
but you still need a minimal internet connection for the server to update.

...yep and that's why Mr. Braben broke his promise and Cutter is perfectly right.

And being right on the internet is totally worth coming across like an entitled wanker... ; )

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 11, 2015, 03:25 Asmodai

Quboid wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 15:50:
Flatline wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 14:51:
Wait a minute. If Sarkeesian is constantly being harassed, it's kind of counter-intuitive for her to put out a "how not to be harassed" guide right?

That's like the dude who has been struck by lightning the most times in history publishing "how not to be struck by lightning" unironically.

It's a guide to minimizing the impact of online abuse, not a guide to giving in to it. Being constantly harassed is why she's experienced.

I'll give her a freebie...

If you are going to put forward a view on the internet, make sure it's accurate and that you don't spend your entire time insulting one half of the human race for the actions of a portion of them...

And when people lodge legitimate criticism (rather than threats and insults) against you, don't hide behind claims of abuse and harrassement. If a person has a right to express their opinion (as opposed to a fact), then people have the right to offer counterpoints.

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
49. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 5, 2015, 09:57 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 16:49:
I so look forward to your bitter tears and angst to come. Meantime, keep rationalizing away, jackass.

/smirk

Hanging around a forum board waiting for people to have a cry just so you can say "Told ya so!!" is pretty much the very definition of pathetic Cutter... =)

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
5. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 4, 2015, 10:17 Asmodai

Angrius Maximis wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:08:
I think it looks like shit. The animations are hillarious

It's a good thing you told us, otherwise we'd all be sitting around worrying that we'd missed out on you expressing your opinion...

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
5. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 2, 2015, 00:30 Asmodai

And Jade Empire is an excellent game, classic Bioware with action karate thrown in for good measure.

Can't beat that price (unless they start paying you to play it..)

News Comments > GeForce 860M Hotfix Coming
2. Re: GeForce 860M Hotfix Coming Dec 1, 2015, 01:55 Asmodai

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 01:19:
See? The mighty nVidia also screws up drivers.
I guess both vendors need better drivers engineering and quality assurance.
I always thought that we'd see a third company playing the GPU war game that would raise the bar and make the market competitive again...

Lol, who said they didn't?

Whoever it was, had their head up their asses...

Driver support for SLI and surround has been dodgy for most of the 980 driver range so far (found 2 that function well enough to not be considered malware...).

I've flopped back and forth over the years depending on the hardware, but driver support has been a weak point for both manufacturers, and unfortunately they don't seem to be improving.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 28, 2015, 19:47 Asmodai

bigspender wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 19:18:
I'm not sure I see the big deal in this. I'm driving the car out in public after all, if somebody followed me and made notes I'd think it's weird, but I couldn't care less otherwise.

I wouldn't want it to be recording my conversations or recording me while I pick my nose at the traffic lights, but other than that, why are people so opposed to it? (genuine curious)

I don't know, the sheer hubris that makes them think that they are entitled to all this data?

Of course, I'm opposed on ideological grounds (privacy and all that junk), but let's face it, that ship has fucking sailed. Hell, most of the data is harmless. Until it's not. Or until it leaks. So, if there is no privacy, and pricks are making money off data mining us, we should be getting paid...

My data is a resource, and it's a resource that's being exploited to make money. So... Where's my fucking royalty cheque??

News Comments > Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans
13. Re: Windows and OS X PS4 Remote Play Plans Nov 27, 2015, 21:56 Asmodai

Razumen wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:48:
Linthat22 wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:22:
Oh man, Killzone controlled by mouse and keyboard..... Hard on is erected.

Won't happen, you'll still need to use a controller, unless you get one of those third party adapters.

Umm, of course it will.

It's fair to say that to play a PS4 game you need a PS4 controller on the PC that you are playing on, right?

Soooo what's to stop someone from writing a software version of the XIM to allow you to play with your native KB/mouse etc?

Even if it's not officially supported, it won't be long before someone comes out with that. Which will be good, because there are some exclusive games on the PS4 that I would like to play (Last of Us comes to mind, still haven't finished that on the 3 due to controller noob ness)

News Comments > Firefall Developer Layoffs
12. Re: Firefall Developer Layoffs Nov 25, 2015, 04:25 Asmodai

Another founder here, what started off looking great got fucking lost up Red 5's asses...

Esports, flat progression, turning everything in to a grind, they slowly but surely ground down any enthusiasm people had for the game.

I remember the last time I put up the PAX 2010 (iirc) footage first showing thumping and a Chosen invasion in ~2013, and the overwhelming response from current players was "man, that looks so much better than what we're playing now"...

Took a perfectly good idea and broke the shit out of it, and by the time they got back to the vicinity of where they started, most of the alpha/early beta players had given up already. Textbook way to fucking something up.

News Comments > Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC
1. Re: Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC Nov 21, 2015, 01:28 Asmodai

Can't recommend this game highly enough to anyone that loves 4x/Simcity style games, it adds a wealth of features, truly asymmetric factions (seriously, one faction eats money, one faction can pack up their entire city and move them etc, one faction stockpiles food from the bodies of enemies slain in battle etc).  

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
25. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 09:27 Asmodai

Krovven wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:21:
Have YOU played the game? Or do you just open up and swallow WorthABuy's shit?

/giggle

No, in point of fact, I haven't. I'm not saying your wrong if you subjectively like the game though... But my opinion on the game was formed long before I got a good laugh out of watching someone beat the combat by spamming one button with a glove puppet.

The person to whom I was responding was going on about how it's 'not that bad'. Well, empirically, if you can beat a fight by spamming one fucking button with the aforementioned glove puppet, the game is really that bad. No, it really is. If you enjoy no challenge games where the biggest difficulty is that you may be too uncoordinated to spam one button, who am I stop you throwing your money down the toilet? But that doesn't make the game good. Much like getting shat on isn't awesome just because some masochists get off on it.

491 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo