Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 388 (Amateur)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Crusader Revealed
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Crusader Revealed May 10, 2015, 08:56 Asmodai

Lol, this game has not jumped the shark in the slightest...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm: Kael'thas Trailer
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm: Kael'thas Trailer May 7, 2015, 21:55 Asmodai

Yup, that's what we need, another whiney douchebag who hasn't figured out he's irrelevant...  

News Comments > Diablo III Blood Shard Bans
13. Re: Diablo III Blood Shard Bans Apr 25, 2015, 17:38 Asmodai

Armengar wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 16:46:
Zarkov wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 14:21:
Never on a project large enough to suddenly have users be responsible for bugs.

start exploiting bugs on gambling sites and see where it gets you.

Which deals in real money in competitive play against other people.

F#cking apologists are awful at analogies...

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
16. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 25, 2015, 10:56 Asmodai

Xylemon wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 05:02:
Yeah, god forbid anyone criticize them for restricting someone's freedom of expression.

Freedom of expression comes with responsibilities, but it is exercised in appropriate forums.

Using someone's game as a platform would be the same as demanding the right to take over TV programming and saying whatever you want. You do not have the right to use the game as a vehicle for expression as the game is not a democratic society, it's a product sold for entertainment purposes.

Much like forums, the people running the game have the right to clamp down on whatever they see fit, and you have the right to choose not to buy it.

Stop confusing the right to express yourself with trampling others rights, in this case, the creators of the game. If you feel so strongly about freely expressing yourself in a game, make your own...

News Comments > WoW Token Pricing Shift
9. Re: WoW Token Pricing Shift Apr 9, 2015, 09:10 Asmodai

NKD wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 23:17:
Asmodai wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 23:01:

WoW = People rushing to throw tokens up and undercutting like crazy to get in quickly before the market gluts.

You can't undercut anyone, Blizzard sets the price, and the person who puts up the token gets the price they listed it for, not the price the person bought it for.

Hrm, I heard "AH" and assumed it was just a free market thing.

Not too put too fine a point on it but that seems awful convenient that Blizz skims an extra 5 bucks off the top & sets the gold price for these things based on "dynamic analysis of availability and demand"... Obviously, holding on to your tokens until it's sub rollover time should get the best bang for buck, but the inherent flaw in this system is that there are far more people that want to buy gold imo than there are that want tokens. Dunno, the whole system seems fishy to me, they knew a roaring trade in gold sales were going on and the easiest way to combat that is to join the fun and cut out the gold sellers.

I do like that they have made the things soulbound on sale (so they can only be sold once) to prevent AH manipulators from buying them up en masse and holding them until it's end of month time to jack the prices.

News Comments > WoW Token Pricing Shift
6. Re: WoW Token Pricing Shift Apr 8, 2015, 23:01 Asmodai

The commodity market of Wildstar was a superior implementation (even Station Cash was better because you could gift SC items to people and they could pay you in plat).

Commodity = put up a price you're willing to pay and wait for the market to meet it.

WoW = People rushing to throw tokens up and undercutting like crazy to get in quickly before the market gluts.

News Comments > Project Reality Devs Announce Squad
1. Re: Project Reality Devs Announce Squad Apr 6, 2015, 10:31 Asmodai

Huge fan of project reality so this is actually something I'm looking forward to... =)  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
26. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 15:41 Asmodai

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 13:22:
Installing it right now! Going Cipher, dunno which race!

Well, it took years, millions of dollars and a hell of a lot of hard work, but someone finally made a kickstarter that Cutter likes...

; )

Should be finished downloading when I get home from work this afternoon just in time for the weekend, woot!

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
36. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 07:09 Asmodai

ShadyPete wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 21:21:
vulkan or glNext whatever you want to call it is basically openGLv2. It seems also that it has been closely developed along with AMD's Mantle.

Long story short.. close to metal performance, platform agnostic. Kinda seems like DX is becoming the new Glide time will tell..

Cept Glide was good...

News Comments > Ascent Early Access Ascent
7. Re: Ascent Early Access Ascent Feb 28, 2015, 20:20 Asmodai

jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 20:13:
Hey, what happened to gameplay over graphics? Did this site turn into Blubisoft News while I was away?

Didn't you get the memo? Graphics>>>>gameplay was announced 3 seconds before people read the article.

It'll probably change the next time a POS eyecandy title crops up with crappy gameplay... =)

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 21, 2015, 04:33 Asmodai

I want to be sympathetic but I just can't. "Give random stranger control of your PS4 as if they were holding the controller"... Yeah, sounds legit.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2015, 18:41 Asmodai

Being in Aus, I didn't see the US coverage or how sensational it was, but honestly, they are damned if they do/don't.

Don't warn people and it's bad, outcry. Take pre-cautions and nothing pans out, outcry.

We've had a couple of cyclones in Aus which have literally charged up to the coast and dissipated right before causing any problems at all. Still means packing down the entire yard and doing all the prep (hours of work) just in case. Better to spend the time and not need it than to hope everything is fine and end up with a trampoline through the window...

If they were going about "DEATHSTORM 2015!" and shit like that, then I wholeheartedly agree that shit needs to be pissed off.

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
29. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 17, 2015, 04:16 Asmodai

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:51:
You paid for early access to a beta product on the opening weekend and you're surprised that there are issues logging in and lag in the game.

Precious. Just precious.

And the offerings get worse and worse...

Because they can get away with it, and because apologists think it's the consumers fault for expecting something.

Do standard beta testing. Fucking SOE doesn't need to crowdfund the game, they have money to dev shit. Let testers play the game for free, help with the work of Q&A and bugfinding, and release a fully functional product.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced
2. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced Jan 16, 2015, 20:54 Asmodai

Wtb tyrannid playable faction...

Why the hate for the universe consuming plague..? Srsly ; )

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Jan 10, 2015, 08:48 Asmodai

Here's one of the devs showing off the game in Oct 2014, looks like a decent tactical game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCyh4bNUeXE

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: US sanctions North Korea over Sony hack and classifies attack evidence. Jan 5, 2015, 13:23 Asmodai

'murrica.

Fuck yeah.

Just sayin'.

ps. We banned talking on or using a mobile without a hands free kit in Aus. I'm not usually big on the gov. stepping in and slapping "don't do" all over everything, but this is one thing I fully support.

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
14. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 13:17 Asmodai

Bring back islands full of fucking mutants and tropical shirts.

Not that I minded saving 3 countries worth of "not white" people while turning endangered species in to coin pouches, but this game has wandered pretty far from it's roots...

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser?
8. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser? Jan 5, 2015, 09:15 Asmodai

It's a strategy/management game with jump scares. Manage your energy/light and try to make it through the night.

Haven't even bothered with this series. The scares don't bother me, if I want to scare myself silly I'll go play Amnesia again. Just the whole idea of the game seems a bit meh imo.

News Comments > WildStar Update Plans
6. Re: WildStar Update Plans Dec 18, 2014, 08:25 Asmodai

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 20:42:
So now I'm back playing WoW and here's the kicker- everything is accessible. A lesson WS is going to have to learn VERY quickly in order to survive.

It's accessible the way Candy Crush is accessible...

No one wants to put in any effort. The guild I was in for WS (formed from a larger gamer organisation with members world wide) started with over 150 people.

2 weeks in, down to 30 active.

A month in, lucky if you could scrape 5 people together to do a run.

And it's not just Wildstar, it's game after game these days. Hit max level, doodle around for a bit, get bored, quit. Most of the players in my guild didn't make it 50% of the way to max level...

People are spoiled for choice, and if everything isn't shrink wrapped and ready to go at the drop of a hat, they lose interest fast. WoW is a hollow experience now. Garrisons, dungeons and raids mostly full of window licking yolo types and.. well, that's about it...

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
8. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 18:37 Asmodai

The lagging is on certain abilities, shield charge/cyclone being the two major culprits.

Since shield charge is kinda useless, I moved to whirling blades and haven't had a lag death since (3 f#cking hardcore characters all killed due to shield charge rubberbanding while trying to escape...)

As for the uber builds with ultra expensive items, I've been using the Sovyn's lazy pally build (max shield block tank templar) and have spent relatively little (bout 5 ex all up, all of that self earned). Considering 5 ex won't get you a single high tier item for some builds, being fully equipped and being capable of doing 85+ maps by standing there and tanking everything is pretty good. 18k dps reave as the main attack.

388 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo