Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 377 (Amateur)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2015, 18:41 Asmodai

Being in Aus, I didn't see the US coverage or how sensational it was, but honestly, they are damned if they do/don't.

Don't warn people and it's bad, outcry. Take pre-cautions and nothing pans out, outcry.

We've had a couple of cyclones in Aus which have literally charged up to the coast and dissipated right before causing any problems at all. Still means packing down the entire yard and doing all the prep (hours of work) just in case. Better to spend the time and not need it than to hope everything is fine and end up with a trampoline through the window...

If they were going about "DEATHSTORM 2015!" and shit like that, then I wholeheartedly agree that shit needs to be pissed off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
29. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 17, 2015, 04:16 Asmodai

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 19:51:
You paid for early access to a beta product on the opening weekend and you're surprised that there are issues logging in and lag in the game.

Precious. Just precious.

And the offerings get worse and worse...

Because they can get away with it, and because apologists think it's the consumers fault for expecting something.

Do standard beta testing. Fucking SOE doesn't need to crowdfund the game, they have money to dev shit. Let testers play the game for free, help with the work of Q&A and bugfinding, and release a fully functional product.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced
2. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Announced Jan 16, 2015, 20:54 Asmodai

Wtb tyrannid playable faction...

Why the hate for the universe consuming plague..? Srsly ; )

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Jan 10, 2015, 08:48 Asmodai

Here's one of the devs showing off the game in Oct 2014, looks like a decent tactical game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCyh4bNUeXE

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: US sanctions North Korea over Sony hack and classifies attack evidence. Jan 5, 2015, 13:23 Asmodai

'murrica.

Fuck yeah.

Just sayin'.

ps. We banned talking on or using a mobile without a hands free kit in Aus. I'm not usually big on the gov. stepping in and slapping "don't do" all over everything, but this is one thing I fully support.

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
14. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 13:17 Asmodai

Bring back islands full of fucking mutants and tropical shirts.

Not that I minded saving 3 countries worth of "not white" people while turning endangered species in to coin pouches, but this game has wandered pretty far from it's roots...

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser?
8. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Teaser? Jan 5, 2015, 09:15 Asmodai

It's a strategy/management game with jump scares. Manage your energy/light and try to make it through the night.

Haven't even bothered with this series. The scares don't bother me, if I want to scare myself silly I'll go play Amnesia again. Just the whole idea of the game seems a bit meh imo.

News Comments > WildStar Update Plans
6. Re: WildStar Update Plans Dec 18, 2014, 08:25 Asmodai

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 20:42:
So now I'm back playing WoW and here's the kicker- everything is accessible. A lesson WS is going to have to learn VERY quickly in order to survive.

It's accessible the way Candy Crush is accessible...

No one wants to put in any effort. The guild I was in for WS (formed from a larger gamer organisation with members world wide) started with over 150 people.

2 weeks in, down to 30 active.

A month in, lucky if you could scrape 5 people together to do a run.

And it's not just Wildstar, it's game after game these days. Hit max level, doodle around for a bit, get bored, quit. Most of the players in my guild didn't make it 50% of the way to max level...

People are spoiled for choice, and if everything isn't shrink wrapped and ready to go at the drop of a hat, they lose interest fast. WoW is a hollow experience now. Garrisons, dungeons and raids mostly full of window licking yolo types and.. well, that's about it...

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
8. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 18:37 Asmodai

The lagging is on certain abilities, shield charge/cyclone being the two major culprits.

Since shield charge is kinda useless, I moved to whirling blades and haven't had a lag death since (3 f#cking hardcore characters all killed due to shield charge rubberbanding while trying to escape...)

As for the uber builds with ultra expensive items, I've been using the Sovyn's lazy pally build (max shield block tank templar) and have spent relatively little (bout 5 ex all up, all of that self earned). Considering 5 ex won't get you a single high tier item for some builds, being fully equipped and being capable of doing 85+ maps by standing there and tanking everything is pretty good. 18k dps reave as the main attack.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
3. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 09:34 Asmodai

I usually don't mind steam sales as a way to stock up on a few decent titles for later play, but this thing is fucking awful...

My entire inventory wouldn't buy a brass razoo (hundreds of cards, I don't bother buying to make sets), leaving me with a prospective pile of shit gems that aren't worth anything and no winning bids I'd imagine.

If I bothered to participate...

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Begins Tomorrow
8. Re: Fortnite Alpha Begins Tomorrow Dec 2, 2014, 06:37 Asmodai

Devinoch wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 03:09:
Still have one code to share if anybody wants it.

Yeah I'd like to give it a go...

/giggle Feel that raw enthusiasm folks! ; )

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 15, 2014, 18:21 Asmodai

Edit: Lol, nm, someone did the sums (should really maximise those windows before posting)  

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
19. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 27, 2014, 08:58 Asmodai

They don't skimp on warning ppl that it's early, that you kick/throw cash at them at your own risk and if you want a clean working game, avoid it like the plague...

I don't get the problem...

If they were trying to represent it as something it's not, or blowing smoke up asses, sure, but there's nothing wrong with making your pitch to perspective customers.

And Cutter, just because you subjectively don't think much of it doesn't mean a person would be a fool to go in for it. For the amount of angst it's earned, KS/crowdfunding has still delivered some great titles that otherwise probably would never have seen the light of day. You're not forced to open your wallet so I'm not sure why it offends you so.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 26, 2014, 05:43 Asmodai

Pre-ordered from GOG, fully erect, that is all... =)  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 23, 2014, 11:33 Asmodai

I gotta lol at the whole thing, where's the uprising about music, movies, books etc where women are continually objectified (and men, but who pays attention to that)?

Games seems to be the bandwagon everyone jumps on. Despite no longer being the province of the "nerd", they are still regarded with fear and superstition (because apparently they magically create misogynists/mass murderers/rapists). Want to look like a moron, complain about sexism in rap. Want to become a defining warrior for equality, complain about games...

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
47. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 02:45 Asmodai

Oh look, Sarkeesian stirring up more trouble to feed her need to be the center of attention, what a fucking surprise... /eyeroll

Lemme know when she actually poses an idea that also addresses rampant objectivism and male heroism in movies, books, folklore, culture etc rather than just carping on like a broken record that should have been tossed out years ago...

News Comments > Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Trailer
1. Re: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Trailer Oct 16, 2014, 00:03 Asmodai

There is something glorious about how absurd this series is... =)  

News Comments > System Shock 2 Turns 15
7. Re: System Shock 2 Turns 15 Aug 11, 2014, 19:39 Asmodai

Task wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:05:
Its time to get the Irrational Games team back together. Its time for System Shock 3. SHODAN is still out there... somewhere.

They'll turn it in to an abortion like the Syndicate reboot was...

/pines for the fjords System Shock 2

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Plans
15. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Plans Aug 7, 2014, 20:17 Asmodai

I know it's LFR and you could faceroll 40 man content with 10 real players and 30 null zones, but I can't help but think just how fucking hilarious a full strength level 90 Baron Geddon is going to be...

"Bomb!"

/half the raid dies

People are used to solo farming MC now, I think that might result in a few hilarious wipes even in the kiddie pool of LFR...

News Comments > Firefall Launches
8. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 29, 2014, 23:40 Asmodai

It's not a huge advantage, the gear at a certain level is fairly flat between normal and epic (typically higher tier gear has more more slots but there is no flat +dmg mod, just ROF, which effects DPS).

JV is slightly wrong though, you can convert red beans to credits per the method I described (RB for crystite, crystite for credits).

I wouldn't worry about "pay 2 win" too much here, the advantage of gear is minimal. I can do lvl 40 content on a 28 recluse no sweat, so while you do grow in power, it's not the same as WoW where a 70 would have zero chance against a 90.

The game does have some storyline missions/instances, some are quite fun. Honestly, it's free to play and have a look at, if you think Tribes + mmo + lots of things to shoot sounds like fun, the only thing you have to do is download the client and install. ; )

377 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo