Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Grant

Real Name Grant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Asmodai
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 2, 2005, 22:47
Total Comments 441 (Amateur)
User ID 23219

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 17:22 Asmodai

Flamethrower is not considered a "fire" arm...

/facepalm

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Boss Key Shattering Countdown
3. Re: Boss Key Shattering Countdown Aug 23, 2015, 17:24 Asmodai

Ah shit man, I missed my reminder to start the pre-hype preparations and pick up the tickets for the hype train...

I'd try to be more disappointed but since I have no idea wtf is going on here, I'll have to settle for a "meh".

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 22, 2015, 20:19 Asmodai

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 19:49:
Don't know anyone that has a problem with 10.

The biggest problem is that Microsoft has gone full Facebook with this release. They control what patches you get, when you get them (because Microsoft updates are 100% reliable and NEVER EVER tank systems...), they take all sorts of data off you without your knowledge (you give consent in the EULA) and even if you turn off the various privacy invasions, they get turned back on automatically...

I don't mind paying a full price for a product, but this whole "get the upgrade free and sign over your rights for life" bullshit... No thanks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2015, 17:14 Asmodai

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 13:41:
They'll run out of coal...eventually.

I've heard the coal problem in China described as, "The government wants cleaner air, the population wants electricity and to stay warm."

Not while the current conservative gov. in Aus is willing to do just about anything it can to force through massive Chinese coal mines over here.

China is going to be a self solving problem, with it's awful WH&S and environmental track record, there will be record death rates in the future (and unfortunately the rest of the world will be left with the legacy.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Week
20. Re: Satellite Reign Next Week Aug 18, 2015, 17:07 Asmodai

I bought in early and it's been very encouraging (the dev team have worked very hard in the last month to clean up bugs). Combat is good but yep, it can go south very quickly if you're not keeping on top of things. I stopped playing before the bug sweep because a few things were a bit annoying, but it looks like it's been addressed.

Looking forward to final release.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 13, 2015, 17:37 Asmodai

People accept that loss of privacy is just part and parcel of computing these days. Facebook, Google etc, everything profiles you to make your experience "better" (aka targeted advertising). MS is late to the party but it comes upon a population of sheep already pre conditioned for their bullshit, or too damn ignorant to even read the EULA...  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 13, 2015, 09:19 Asmodai

"Earn the trust of the locals" = rep grinds, yay!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
11. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 21:24 Asmodai

Krowen wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 21:13:
Jackplug wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 20:48:
You really gonna fall for this bullshit?

Trying it for free is bullshit?

Yeah man, first they lure you in for your free sample, then you've sold a kidney and are highballing corvettes and heavy freighters...

Damn those spaceship dealers and their sneaky ways...

ps. Still amazes me that people bitch about people making (imo poor, but what are you going to do??) choices to spend money. SC might end up vapourware but no arms were twisted...

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 12, 2015, 18:12 Asmodai

So, like, 10-15 years time..?  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Aug 11, 2015, 18:57 Asmodai

Played for about 3 hours before giving up in disgust... Very one dimensional instanced play that feels grindy right from the word go.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 10, 2015, 20:23 Asmodai

Jivaro wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 18:27:
I put this game aside early on because of various issues. I should probably get back to it, I imagine the drastic patching is done by now. I guess I will reroll and start over. I was only about 12 or so hours in anyway.

The patches made the game run worse, or in my case, not run at all.

10 Patch applies
20 Patch completes
30 Try to play
40 You need to update this product
50 Goto 10

Have done a complete reinstall via Origin (ewwww), still no dice. Can't revert to the prepatched playable variant.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 10, 2015, 18:01 Asmodai

"This is a turning point for the series"?

Awesome, but if you've got no idea what was really going on in the first two other than "Ooh look, stuff to kill", more turning points aren't really helping... ; )

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 10, 2015, 17:52 Asmodai

Love the comments on the GI article about Woolfe...

It's almost like the concept of "venture capital" and "risk" were somehow invented by Kickstarter...

Yes, some ventures fail, some investments never pay returns. But we are better off for having Kickstarter/crowdfunding because it gives us a chance to see games that we really want to play, including games that begged for a sequel for years or decades in some cases, to see the light of day without having to suck ass to some production company exec who will only sign off on COD clones...

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
7. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Aug 8, 2015, 05:31 Asmodai

Suppa7 wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 19:52:
Task wrote on Aug 7, 2015, 19:29:
Its Without the grind however. I have this, its a lot like Heavy Gear 1&2 in play. Server style is 'dedicated' based (drop in/drop out), instead of matchmaking.

They are working on Single Player campaign akin to the old games as well for those that want to steer clear of MP whenever its gets a 'full' release. They even have the story board concept up if you want to read it, which is based off the PnP Lore (takes place during the last year of War of the Alliance TN1913 or AD6119)

I wouldn't trust anything game developers say. There's been too much evidence they see gamers as suckers, and they are not wrong in that regard.

Yeah, after MWO's promises of PvE campaigns (what I got in to the game for) and the endless "tweaking" (aka nerf/buff cycles), I lost the passion for sticking with it.

Guess I'll keep an eye on this though, Gear was fun.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Early Access
1. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Early Access Aug 7, 2015, 19:12 Asmodai

Esports... /sadface

Was kinda looking forward to another Gear game as I played the original tabletop, but it's going to be MWO again...

News Comments > The Technomancer Gamescom Trailer
3. Re: The Technomancer Gamescom Trailer Aug 6, 2015, 17:15 Asmodai

Red Faction:Technomancer!
Mars War Logs: Zappy Hands!

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Announced
16. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 17:14 Asmodai

LiTh wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 16:11:
Melee Demon Hunter....as opposed to Ranged Demon Hunter from D3....just how do they come up with these new and original idea's? The new Blizzard-Activision has integrity and forethought when it comes it its fanbase! /s

Melee dps combined with mobility... Gee, sounds familiar.

My poor old "since vanilla" rogue hung up her daggers long ago.

And the artifacts they are describing are basically LOTRO's legendaries which earn their own XP and have configurable stats from like... What, almost 8 years ago or something?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2015, 20:06 Asmodai

If you check out the streamer, SovietWomble, he's got a lot of vids from various survival games etc which show more of the same...

And they're priceless (and NSFW and probably offensive to some ; )

News Comments > Diablo III 2.3 Preview
6. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 19:09 Asmodai

Don't bother with the PTR unless you plan on logging in hours in advance of when you want to "play", I've never seen a queue shorter than 2 hours and it jumps up and down randomly (I think the queue timer is just a RNG).  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced Aug 4, 2015, 19:07 Asmodai

It's named that because if you pay for it, you're getting robbed...
; )

441 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo