Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
12. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 12:11 spindoctor

Spektr wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 11:17:
Wow. Maybe some people are going to make Pc games again?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. They have yet another xbox exclusive releasing tomorrow.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo for All
21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo for All Feb 17, 2012, 11:53 spindoctor

WaltC wrote on Feb 17, 2012, 11:27:
Anyone know how to configure Origin so that the demo does not install to C:\? I've installed Origin on E:\, but it still wants to install the demo on C:\. Thanks in advance?

Check the settings. You can choose where your games will install.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders Hits 1 Million Downloads; Free DLC
2. Re: Dungeon Defenders Hits 1 Million Downloads; Free DLC Feb 14, 2012, 21:35 spindoctor

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 21:23:
While this game was fun at first, I went into a few multiplayer matches, and after roughly a few rounds, people had the defense's they needed and just upgraded them. It was horribly boring to just stand there for 30-40 mins and watch baddies die without much risk to the player. Am I missing something?
Increase the difficulty. Unless you're really high level or you're getting carried by your team, the game is quite hectic.

News Comments > Indie Valentine's Bundle
3. Re: Indie Valentine's Bundle Feb 11, 2012, 08:31 spindoctor

Yea you should be able to trade the keys for some other games on the Steam forum. However, trading keys has the inherent risk of getting scammed. Most people refuse to trade keys there.

You could just gift it to a friend or pass it along on some forum you frequent.

News Comments > Double Fine Campaign Update
16. Re: Double Fine Campaign Update Feb 10, 2012, 14:05 spindoctor

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 11:04:
Can someone explain to me why everyone throws money at a point and click game, and not at Psychonauts 2 or Nexus 2 ?

I am asking honestly. All this money goes NOT to Psychonauts 2. So what , the , hell?

Where is the webpage to donate for Psychonauts 2?

That's why.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Feb 9, 2012, 18:14 spindoctor

PHJF wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 16:21:
cdkeys are not void once entered except on Steam (and like services) where a game is account-locked upon activation. I could give you my Q3A cdkey right now and you could use it right now (except they disabled the cdkey check for Q3A ages ago so it's moot). There's a world of difference between a cdkey and a "non-transferable product activation key".

Dades wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 17:01:

Locking game access behind a key and locking specific functionality behind a non-transferable one time activation code are two different things.

A little late to reply here so this will probably go un-noticed, but I'm curious what you think the practical difference is in today's world. For 'big' games it's rare to find a cd key that doesn't permanently link to some kind of account or the other. Otherwise you have things like activation limits which let you have 3 or 5 installs of a game but you can never play them simultaneously.

PC CD keys these days are also "non-transferable one time activation codes" as you guys put them. They have been for at least half a decade now. Pulling out Quake 3 as an example doesn't really mean anything in the reality of 2012.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Feb 8, 2012, 15:43 spindoctor

As a primarily PC gamer, a platform where this war was lost ages ago, it's kind of interesting to watch this whole online pass/cd key thing unfold on consoles. What is a completely acceptable practice on the PC (locking game access behind a key) is completely new to the console world and they (console gamers and the gaming media which basically revolves around it) seem to be resistant to this idea.

Unfortunately for them, their protests will go in vain. They will either accept it or stop gaming because the idea of cd keys is going nowhere. Publishers are making tentative steps right now, I can only imagine how hard they will push for it in a couple of years when the next generation of consoles hit.

News Comments > EA Financials
23. Re: EA Financials Feb 2, 2012, 06:22 spindoctor

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 03:32:
SWTOR doesn't use Origin now... Never has.

While this is true, every SWTOR account also becomes an Origin account. You can bet they are counting every last SWTOR customer as an Origin consumer as well, even if many TOR players will have never even touched Origin.

News Comments > TERA Region Blocking
1. Re: TERA Region Blocking Jan 31, 2012, 11:32 spindoctor

They say the company is currently IP blocking users from half the world, excluding users from Asia, Africa, Russia, and the Middle East

Blue, this sentence can be interpreted in 2 ways - the way you intended it and that the region locking excludes people from the listed regions, which is the opposite of what it should be. Maybe change the sentence a bit?

News Comments > Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems
13. Re: Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems Jan 27, 2012, 15:26 spindoctor

I would have been inclined to believe what he said... if they hadn't done the exact same thing with Magicka last year. That game was also unbelievably broken and unfinished at release.

This is standard operating procedure for Paradox. Which means everything he's saying is utter bullshit.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Notch on Indies
2. Re: Quoteworthy - Notch on Indies Jan 24, 2012, 12:04 spindoctor

Apparently Steam isn't doing enough awesome stuff to convince Notch to put his game up there.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: TF2 Gifts Jan 17, 2012, 23:49 spindoctor

jdreyer wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 21:58:
Is there a lot of crossover between Kingdoms of Amalur and TF2 players?

Actually, putting TF2 items in any game of any genre is a very smart marketing move these days. It ensures tons of sales which the game would otherwise not have gotten, as those items will feed into the TF2 economy, which is an amazing beast in it's own right.

News Comments > Dead Island DLC Next Month
9. Re: Dead Island DLC Next Month Jan 16, 2012, 17:51 spindoctor

Dead Island was great, especially in co-op but this DLC kind of comes too late and doesn't have any real hook to it. Anyone who has played the base game already knows how the story ends, so this DLC doesn't really bring anything new to the table.  

News Comments > Reckoning Demo Next Week, ME3 Demo Cross-Promotion
7. Re: Reckoning Demo Next Week, ME3 Demo Cross-Promotion Jan 11, 2012, 13:55 spindoctor

A demo is appreciated. Wasn't sure about the game, wouldn't have picked it up blind but now they have a chance of getting my money if I like what I see.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 SDK
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 SDK Jan 11, 2012, 13:52 spindoctor

Verno wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 11:58:
spindoctor wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 11:46:
This is counterbalanced by them deliberately and knowingly releasing a broken and unfinished game for financial gain.

BLUES USERS ARE SO NEGATIVE!

But yes agreed.

Touche. This game, however, is probably my most disappointing purchase of 2011. Got suckered into pre-ordering it based on Tripwire's reputation and their past games. I could have forgiven bugs, lots of them, big ones if it was something that somehow got through testing but these people deliberately released a broken game. There is no way in hell they can pretend that they didn't know it wasn't fit for release, but they went ahead and did it anyway. And hey, it worked out for them too... I think this was their fastest selling and/or most profitable game, so well done to them for shamelessly trading decency and their customers' expectations away for the dollar bills.

We bemoan the "release now, patch later" mentality that is all too prevalent in this gaming industry but this game is the worst example I have ever seen.

6. Re: Red Orchestra 2 SDK Jan 11, 2012, 11:46 spindoctor

Verno wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 11:36:
That just says good things about Tripwire, at least they make good on their promises even when it might not make financial sense to do so.

This is counterbalanced by them deliberately and knowingly releasing a broken and unfinished game for financial gain.

4. Re: Red Orchestra 2 SDK Jan 11, 2012, 11:28 spindoctor

765 people playing the game at the time of this post. 24 hour maximum is 1039. I wonder how many will care about the SDK and mods for this game now.  

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Jan 2, 2012, 05:53 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 23:49:
Despite the DRM, Arkham City PC is a solid port of a great game that still looks and plays best on PC. $25 is a low enough price to tolerate the DRM.

This was true for Assassin's Creed 2 as well a couple of years ago.

Somehow the voices of reason were conspicuously absent back then.

News Comments > A Vampyre Story 2 On Hold, Cancellation Possible
6. Re: A Vampyre Story 2 On Hold, Cancellation Possible Dec 29, 2011, 16:56 spindoctor

Never understood why the game didn't come to Steam. Did Valve refuse it or did the publisher not try? Just being on Steam would have likely saved them from this situation.  

News Comments > BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February
10. Re: BF3 Comrose 2.0 in February Dec 23, 2011, 09:59 spindoctor

And the game inches ever closer to being a finished product, ready for release.  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo