Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tales of Monkey Island
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tales of Monkey Island Jul 8, 2009, 00:00 spindoctor

The game is now available on Steam as well.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Conan Updated
5. Re: Age of Conan Updated Jun 24, 2009, 13:00 spindoctor

Can't confirm this personally but I hear that the patch has seriously borked performance on ATI cards.  

News Comments > Reflecting on the Future of Mirror's Edge
2. Re: Reflecting on the Future of Mirror's Edge Jun 12, 2009, 22:03 spindoctor

I am interested because the game was one of the few that has released recently that had some fresh new ideas. The game was short and entertaining but it certainly had it's weaknesses. I hope that they can fix them in the sequel.  

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed III
8. Re: On Assassin's Creed III Jun 10, 2009, 08:23 spindoctor

The best ideas for AC3 would be the Industrial Revolution or (*gulp*) occupied WW2 Paris/France.

Please, no more World War 2. They should stick to the medieval times for the game. Then again, there's no saying how many games they will milk out of the franchise, so maybe we'll eventually get to Assassin's Creed : Modern Warfare. Also, what exactly does an EP do?

News Comments > Dante's Inferno Protest Faked
11. Re: Dante's Inferno Protest Faked Jun 5, 2009, 12:20 spindoctor

Stupid.

- spindoctor

...oh the irony....

News Comments > Dante's Inferno Protest Faked
3. Re: Dante's Inferno Protest Faked Jun 5, 2009, 10:00 spindoctor

Stupid.  

News Comments > Rendition Guantanamo Rendered Moot
5. Re: Rendition Guantanamo Rendered Moot Jun 3, 2009, 21:01 spindoctor

And this is why gaming is not and can not be taken as a serious medium of entertainment and/or artistic expression. Because anything slightly controversial gets hammered down. A 'mature' game has more boobies than others. Yep, that's what the definition of mature is for video games.  

News Comments > The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5
26. Re: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 Jun 3, 2009, 15:01 spindoctor

Great game, great support, great developers. Other companies should take pointers from these guys.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Sims 3
18. Re: Holy cash grab Simoneon Jun 3, 2009, 09:34 spindoctor

The game is just out and they already have a ton of "Extra" things you can buy? I remember when The Sims came out and they'd make a new thing here and there and give them to you for free.

I actually remember that. A few months after release they had put up a Pepsi machine which you could download and put in your house. Product placement I suppose, but I remember adding it to a kickass house I had been making. And who can forget that hamster which gave a disease to your sims and killed them off Of course, all that was before EA started milking the shit out of the series. I only ever bought the first and second base games... never any expansions. And it's a fun sandbox to immerse yourself into once every few years, so I'll be picking this one up too when it releases in my country.

News Comments > Free Volvo Game
7. Re: Free Volvo Game Jun 3, 2009, 00:56 spindoctor

The game is free on Gamersgate as well... If you have an account on the site, it will show up in your purchased games list automatically.  

News Comments > Tales of Monkey Island Preorders
2. Re: Tales of Monkey Island Preorders Jun 2, 2009, 22:42 spindoctor

I'll be picking this up when it shows up on steam. For years I've waited and wanted a new Monkey Island game, so I'm just really glad that it's finally being made. Everyone has their own opinion of exactly how the game should be or should have been, but in the end, this is what we're going to get and we should hope that it turns out to be a fun experience. Telltale has done some good work with the Sam and Max episodes, so I'm going to remain optimistic about Tales of Monkey Island  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
14. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Jun 2, 2009, 15:14 spindoctor

And there was a point where the ceo of Crytek, whatever the fuck his name is, introduced himself and stopped as if he was expecting applause. It was pathetic. There was a moment of silence...then a few people clapped and cheered...then on with talking about nothing.

I noticed that too . Like he's a fucking rockstar or something.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 15:14.

News Comments > Alan Wake in Spring 2010
12. Re: Alan Wake in Spring 2010 Jun 1, 2009, 17:48 spindoctor

If it was a PC exclusive DX10 title, then yea, one might wonder about the hardware requirements. But since it's also coming on the 360, you can be fairly sure that any pc from the last few years will be able to play it. And i bet it will get hacked to run on XP as well, just like Halo 2 was.  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed May 31, 2009, 10:33 spindoctor

I like it when an achievement pops up in a steam game or when I used to play wow. It's sort of a "hey, cool" moment. I never chase achievements though, and I think it's funny/sad that people would consider that collecting them is what makes a game worth replaying. However, to each their own, and I have no problems with any kind of achievements in singleplayer games.
However... achievements have no place in multiplayer games. Or, at the very least, multiplayer achievements have to be designed very carefully. Achievements modify the way some people play games and this could very easily be detrimental to the team in a multiplayer game. I remember last year in TF2, our side was losing a map while 2 heavies were standing in the spawn point eating sandviches for the achievement. More recently, in Killing Floor, I notice that halfway through killing a flesh pound, people run towards it and start trying to melee kill it for the achievement.. this usually results in them dying and making the wave that much harder for the rest of us. These kinds of things ruin the game for others and such achievements should not exist. In fact, multiplayer achievements should only consist of stat tracking... kill 100 of this, break 100 of that etc. which one can only get over time. They should not have achievements for doing stupid things.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2009, 10:38.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins in October
2. Re: Dragon Age: Origins in October May 29, 2009, 22:33 spindoctor

How can it possibly suck? "This is the new shit" right?

This comment was edited on May 29, 2009, 22:34.

News Comments > TF2 Sniper Update Thursday
11. Re: TF2 Sniper Update Thursday May 19, 2009, 00:53 spindoctor

either way, this is just hilariously entertaining. kudos to valve making a possible screwup into something so funny. just goes to prove that supporting a game goes further than just patching it up now and then... keeping the community amused by even little things like this makes a difference.  

News Comments > TF2 Sniper Update Thursday
7. Re: TF2 Sniper Update Thursday May 18, 2009, 22:54 spindoctor

Or, like the achievement says, someone at valve failed to understand what 'Private' means on Youtube.

have a look at this - http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/763/18039184.jpg

do you still think it was an accident?

This comment was edited on May 18, 2009, 22:54.

News Comments > Another Fallout 3 DLC Hint?
3. Re: Another Fallout 3 DLC Hint? May 18, 2009, 10:44 spindoctor

Is there any way to "convert" the DVD-based version into a Steam-supported version, or would I just have to buy everything all over again? How are the DLC's handled on Steam? Is this still a purchase through the GFW interface?

you can't 'convert' your version. you'd have to buy it again over steam. and the dlc is not available on steam anyway... even the people who bought it through steam have to go through gfwl to get the dlc. the dlc is exclusive to games for windows live.

News Comments > Killing Floor Patch, SDK
2. Re: Killing Floor Patch, SDK May 17, 2009, 04:36 spindoctor

And they DIDN'T take 6 months to release the SDK!

the game would have been long dead if they had waited 6 months. i'm talking unreal tournament 3 levels of dead... sure, there would be a handful of servers but most of the gaming public would have moved on.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2009, 04:36.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2009 Ticket Sales
3. Re: BlizzCon 2009 Ticket Sales May 16, 2009, 14:17 spindoctor

wowinsider reports that there was a 12,000 long queue inside the first minute. they also go on to mention that a staffer of theirs was at position 5000 and didn't get a ticket. that's crazy. in a manner of speaking, they were sold out inside half a minute  

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo