Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Walking Dead Episode One Released
16. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 28, 2012, 23:45 spindoctor

Jerykk wrote on Apr 28, 2012, 16:33:
First episode was pretty good. Very short, though. Only 2 hours. Granted, you're only paying $5 per episode but 2 hours still seems short by gaming standards.

Yea it was a bit too short. Still, I enjoyed it and hopefully the next episodes will be longer. I especially liked how you have to make choices that can really affect your story down the line. Poor Doug never had a chance.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone
40. Re: Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone Apr 16, 2012, 01:31 spindoctor

If you want to increase funding, look at what Wasteland 2 is doing. They just made their 30$ tier extremely tempting by adding in an extra copy of the game, a video documentary, a novella by Avellone and some more stuff.

Don't go down the path of exclusive DLC. That's just bullshit.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Apr 15, 2012, 01:33 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Apr 14, 2012, 14:26:
I own every game in that GOG promo, and yes, I'm proud of it.

Question is, how many have you actually completed (or even played) since buying them on GOG?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
82. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 10:23 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 06:07:

Erm, as far as I know (I read it in a review) you can experiment and try to 'guess' spells before you 'know' them. But thanks for the rest of the info.

That is partially correct. As you level up your various skills, you can unlock the ability to use a specific spell even if you haven't found the scroll to learn the rune configuration required to cast it. But you will have to randomly try various combinations of runes until you can discover that, and that can get very tedious.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
66. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 05:49 spindoctor

InBlack wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 03:49:

Anyone know how to change the school of spells in the rune menu? So far my spells are fizzling, Im experimenting but maybe Im doing it with a school I have no points in.

You assign skill points to the various schools of magic (fire, earth, air etc.) at the time of character creation and at every level up. The runes are the same for all schools, it's just the combinations that vary. You can only cast a spell in a certain school if you have at least 2 points in that school, and most spells will have a higher requirement. You also have to learn the spell before casting it.

News Comments > Crysis 3 Clues
10. Re: Crysis 3 Clues Apr 11, 2012, 11:30 spindoctor

Glad to hear this. Crysis 2 wasn't perfect but it was still an enjoyable game and it looked great. Not as great as the original Crysis but at least as good as any other shooter out at the time. I'm also happy that they are getting a chance to make another one because if I remember correctly, it didn't sell as well as they had hoped, and we all know how franchises can be killed off permanently for that.  

News Comments > The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access
19. Re: The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access Apr 3, 2012, 17:41 spindoctor

Hellbinder wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 13:39:
actually no your wrong it was talked about as free to play from the time it was first mentioned.

Care to post any links that back this up? As in, proper article/intervews from the developers, not speculation from fansites or forums.

From what I can remember, it was never meant to be free to play.

News Comments > Indie Royale Preorders
5. Re: Indie Royale Preorders Apr 3, 2012, 17:37 spindoctor

Mark wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 14:36:
I'm curious if these bundles affect the sales of individual indie games?

It makes a difference in my personal purchasing habits. Earlier I used to think that I'll get XYZ game in a Steam sale. Now some games are relegated to - I'll get XYZ game when it's in a bundle.

News Comments > Indie Royale Preorders
1. Re: Indie Royale Preorders Apr 3, 2012, 09:53 spindoctor

To this date I cannot understand the logic of having blind pre-orders for the Indie Royale bundles. What possible harm is there in telling people what they will be getting?  

News Comments > Another Mass Effect 3 Bounty Weekend
19. Re: Another Mass Effect 3 Bounty Weekend Mar 29, 2012, 02:28 spindoctor

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 22:31:

Anybody know if you have to promote two characters specifically during this timeframe? I've already done at least one.

They have to be promoted during this event weekend. Earlier promotions won't count.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Mar 24, 2012, 12:59 spindoctor

El Pit wrote on Mar 24, 2012, 06:10:
Blue, why are you skipping the bi-daily Dungeon Defenders update? 200 MB two or three days ago, now about 600 MB worth of great updates... It's so hilarious, you should actually make this a bi-daily topic on its own!

As much as I appreciate a developer frequently updating their games, this really is ridiculous. The game had something like 5 updates last weekend when the free weekend was going on. And the game really does average 2, maybe 3 updates a week otherwise. You'd think a dev would be able to plan 3 days ahead and maybe merge the changes of 3-4 patches into a weekly patch or something.

Today's 600mb update is new DLC that is getting added to everyone's game, even if they don't actually buy it.

News Comments > Stardock 2011 Customer Report
22. Re: Stardock 2011 Customer Report Mar 22, 2012, 08:59 spindoctor

either through Steam, GameStop Impulse, Battle.net, or Origin

Look at them pretending that they belong on the list alongside Steam or BNet. I'm almost certain gog and Gamersgate do more business than Impulse, and heck I wouldn't be surprised if even the new Green Man Gaming beat out Impulse sales in the last year.

News Comments > Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic
14. Re: Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic Mar 20, 2012, 12:00 spindoctor

Teddy wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 11:54:
Yep, it's not like there's a history of that happening over the last 6 years with all their expansions. A drop in subscribers, then a resurgence with the release of BC, then again with Wrath, then again with Cataclysm. But you must be right, he's just making it all up.

Exactly. This cycle happens all the time. People do come back for expansions, and they will likely see a bump in subscriber numbers when Pandaria comes out.

Even if not, the game had a good run. It had to wind down at some point. It doesn't necessarily mean that people are leaving because Blizzard is messing up.

News Comments > Portal 2 BAFTA's "Best Game"
7. Re: Portal 2 BAFTA's Mar 17, 2012, 14:44 spindoctor

I would have picked Skyrim but if there's any 2011 game that I don't mind taking top spot instead, it would be Portal 2. Well deserved victory for a truly magnificent game.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
6. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Mar 14, 2012, 18:17 spindoctor

Can't wait for this game. Even the game worlds that these Bioshock games have (including characters, enemies etc.) are almost a good enough reason to play them.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deep Black: Reloaded
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deep Black: Reloaded Mar 2, 2012, 08:46 spindoctor

So when it inevitably gets cracked, will it be called Deep Black Reloaded Reloaded?  

News Comments > Rayman Origins Demo
3. Re: Rayman Origins Demo Mar 1, 2012, 11:14 spindoctor

necrosis wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 10:55:
They fix the problem where its forcing itself to show up on my games list and I can't remove it?

Restarting Steam will fix that.

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
3. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 09:49 spindoctor

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 09:38:
They did the same thing for ME2, didn't they? Thought they did - name started with a Z-whatever.

The difference was that in ME2, Zaeed (the extra character) was available for everyone who bought the game new as a part of the price they paid for the game.

For ME3, you will necessarily have to pay extra money (10$) to get that character unless you bought the expensive collector's edition.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Feb 24, 2012, 01:12 spindoctor

Prez wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 21:49:
It looks really cool, but there's a lot of negative buzz about the campaign length. Is there anything to do once you beat it?

It has a co-op campaign which can last another couple of hours but it's not really well designed so I didn't enjoy it too much. The game has a New Game+ mode where you can play through it again with all of your previous upgrades if you are into that sort of thing.

The game was pretty good for one playthrough. Short (~6 hours) but fun. It's worth getting for sure, just that you need to decide how much you'd be willing to pay for a game of that length.

News Comments > Double Fine Kickstart Hits $2M
6. Re: Double Fine Kickstart Hits $2M Feb 20, 2012, 12:15 spindoctor

This is great news. Hopefully they are able to put out an extremely amazing game.

I'm not sure that any other similar crowdfunded projects will even come close to being as successful as this one though. The success of this Kickstarter is at least as much because of it's novelty as it is for the actual product being offered. Next time onwards, anyone who tries to raise money like this will have to rely on people actually wanting the specific game they are trying to make.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo