Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for abhishek

Real Name abhishek   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname spindoctor
Email Concealed by request
ICQ 131571317
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2005, 16:43
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 23149

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 DLC on 360 First [Updated]
4. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 DLC on 360 First? Jan 7, 2010, 10:34 spindoctor

This exclusivity clause for the DLC has been known for a long time... well before the release of the game. And seeing as how the 360 is the de-facto home platform for the game, no one should be surprised by this.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2010, 14:20.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 7, 2010, 10:08 spindoctor

They're already out of keys for STO  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Trailer
8. Re: Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Trailer Jan 6, 2010, 04:21 spindoctor

Jonny wrote on Jan 5, 2010, 19:41:

I think he means that you can create an Orlesian character with it's own origin story to take straight into the expansion, but you can't play through the original campaign with one.

Yea that makes sense. The official Awakening website also lists the possibility of playing a new Warden from Orlais as one of the features.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Trailer Jan 5, 2010, 19:04 spindoctor

briktal wrote on Jan 5, 2010, 18:11:
I think they said you'd be able to create a new character, a Grey Warden from Orlais.

I'm damn sure I read that as well, in the official press release or something. But then a Bioware employee flatly denied it on their forum...

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/546072%26lf%3D8#546895

News Comments > Dragon Age: The Awakening Expansion Revealed?
14. Re: Dragon Age: The Awakening Expansion Revealed? Dec 31, 2009, 05:10 spindoctor

Bhruic wrote on Dec 31, 2009, 02:32:
Seems extremely unlikely that they'd have a separate & new main character for the expansion, which makes the rest of this suspect as well.

I think that the game will allow you to play as a new character if you want. In other words, they are adding a new origin story if you want to play it, but maybe it's not required. This nuance might have been lost in the translation.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 5, 2009, 06:05 spindoctor

I have yet to see this in the PC version of the game.

That's because the PC version was the first to get the exploit patched out. This happened 2 days ago... and this exploit has been known for about 5-7 days. The consoles require patches to undergo certification, which is why they are getting it later than us. I saw the exploit being used in only one game. It was kind of stupid and funny at the same time. But it did ruin the game though, and it's good that IW are taking this as seriously as they are.

Now if they could do something about those akimbo shotguns...

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2009, 06:07.

News Comments > MW2 "Army" is Large
7. Re: MW2 "Army" is Large Dec 4, 2009, 15:10 spindoctor

It's strange that they would make a tongue-in-cheek comparison like this sound so formal in an 'official' press release. 8 million players is a lot, but it's a fantastic game, so it's good to see it doing well.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 3, 2009, 09:43 spindoctor

The Rogue Warrior review is a pretty funny read  

News Comments > EA Wants #1 FPS Spot
1. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 09:37 spindoctor

it's sort of starting to feel like they're making the same game again

Coming from an EA executive, the irony of this statement is mindblowing.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 and BF 1943 Specs
20. Re: Bad Company 2 and BF 1943 Specs Dec 2, 2009, 16:42 spindoctor

spindoctor: Maybe 5-6 GB for download only?

As it turns out, they answered this question. The extra 5gb is to account for the installer download.

News Comments > EA on Digital Distribution
3. Re: EA on Digital Distribution Dec 2, 2009, 10:24 spindoctor

all those layoffs have nothing to do with digital distribution. My guess is that is just an excuse.

Nowhere does he say that the layoffs had anything to do with digital distribution.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 and BF 1943 Specs
2. Re: Bad Company 2 and BF 1943 Specs Dec 2, 2009, 10:08 spindoctor

Why do the digital versions of the games require over 5GB extra?

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2009, 10:09.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2009, 08:52 spindoctor

Yes, I was aware it was on sale but I figured everyone who wanted it by now had it considering the game's age. Your name is aptly chosen by the way.

Never underestimate the appeal of a product being on sale ;). I personally bought Warhead for 50% off last weekend. The sequel didn't interest me a whole lot because I didn't much like Crysis in the first place... but I figured what the hell, might as well give it a shot. It was cheaper than the retail price in my country anyway.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2009, 08:41 spindoctor

I'm surprised to see Crysis in that list more than anything else.

That's because it was on sale for part of the week.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2009, 08:16 spindoctor

Natural Selection pulled it off with more grace than L4D. Playing infected in L4D, while entertaining, always felt undercooked. The game wasn't "made" for it. Maybe L4D2 put more effort into Versus?

To some extent, AvP also had similar design. There's definitely more depth to L4D2 than the original game... the new special infected types, and random combinations of them does make the experience better. I do think the versus design of L4D was pretty decent... it's just that it didn't account for human behavior when it came to gameplay issues. Closet camping, abuse of melee systems, extremely tight groups... all these could pretty much stop the infected from being effective in the first game. The design of L4D2 has been tailored to prevent these issues.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2009, 08:19.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2009, 16:39 spindoctor

I've said it before: They tried to make Serious Sam, in the dark, with some friends. They failed to make it fun though.

You could not be more wrong even if you tried.

Personally, I think the appeal of L4D, and versus in particular, is the constantly shifting balance of power between the survivor and infected team. This is achieved by having vastly asymmetric playable characters. Most PVP multiplayer games are balanced around the idea that both sides are equal and have equal options and abilities. In L4D, if 2 of the infected players are dead and in the respawn queue, the survivors have the upper hand. However, if all 4 infected are ready to spawn, they have the advantage while hunting the survivors. You can have moments of individual brilliance, where a smoker or a hunter will manage to take out a survivor in such a position that his team mates can't help him... but the real beauty of versus is when you have all 4 infected communicating and executing a plan against their opponents. If it works, they can win the round in the space of 10 seconds. Add to that, the general thrill of playing co-op, facing random enemies, random horde rushes and those moments where you are the last man standing trying frantically to revive a team mate before you get pounced, or trying to make that desperate run for the end knowing that you can be incapacitated at any moment...

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2009, 16:39.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch Plans
1. Re: Battlefield 2142 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2009, 12:54 spindoctor

And it will probably cost something ridiculous like 30$-40$, just like the BF2 pack did.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2009, 12:51 spindoctor

Ah L4D2 returns to the top spot this week. I expect it will stay there for some time to come, now that all the 'big' releases for this year are done. Great to see that MW2 continues to sell extremely well too. I am somewhat surprised that Aion is holding on to a top 10 spot though... It seemed to me that all the hoopla about the game kind of died when the first free month was over.  

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
44. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 21, 2009, 14:50 spindoctor

Modern Warfare 2 has no direct download option on consoles, but direct download is a massive source of game sales for PC games

Actually, it's not. Neither you nor I can claim to have any facts about the strength of digital distribution, but Stardock revealed in their report that came out a couple of days ago that they estimate digital sales to be 25% of the PC market. I'm going to assume that they are in a better position to guess than us. So, no, 25% isn't going to make that much of a difference.

As for amazon and gogamer and similar sites, I am sure the PC sales are much larger in percentage than in normal stores, since PC gamers wanting a box have been trained to go online and buy due to retail stores not carrying much PC product.

Pure speculation on your part.

But heck, double or even triple the retail sales if you feel like it. Not only will your final estimate be completely wrong, it's still also a very small number. 15% of sales v/s 85% on consoles.

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
43. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 21, 2009, 14:42 spindoctor

But there are some developers that are savvy enough to realise that putting in a bit of effort to the PC release pays off, as Dragon Age has been dominating charts everywhere. Then again, Borderlands has also done well and that's a weak port. *shrugs*

Dragon Age is an aberration and you know it. And it wasn't a 'bit of effort' that went into the PC version of DA... it was a PC game that was also ported to consoles. One would be very naive to think that many developers have the resources or inclination to follow that model. Even the creators of DA, Bioware, have been porting their last few games from the console to the PC.

And, I would speculate that the console versions of Dragon Age have outsold the PC version as well, and probably by as large a margin as MW2 did.

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo